Wan City General Roleplay

Re: Wan City General Roleplay

Postby Han1977 » 13 Feb 2017, 08:05

Dong Zhou

Huang Dong relieved that their debate didn't escalate, "Well, nice to know you Miss Captain Guard Li. I believe it is a good trait, to have passion for ones profession. I'm also relieved to know that you're an open minded person. Some people might insist on the correctness of their own judgment."

"Hmm... if you want to see her, then let's meet her, but would you mind if I ask you not to act like guard? To visit her, not as a guard. So forget about donning your armor. I prefer if you don't mention your position as a captain guard."

"I know it's a never ending cycle, but you can't ask them to trust you first. From my experience..."

"There was time... when I... to guard...", Huang Dong muttered quietly, for a moment a shadow passed Huang Dong's expression, but it quickly passed.

"...from my experience, I believe trust is build slowly. You can't expect someone to trust your words as guards, when their past experience taught them not to trust one. If you promise that you won't questioning her as a guard in investigation, and later ask her to be a witness. I'll take you to her.", his voice back to normal.

"Just have some conversation and let the topic came naturally. I will leave it to you, how you are going to act based on the information. But I want you to promise me, to not involve her in your investigation."

Huang Dong paused and then added, "If you wish to gain their trust, perhaps you can visit this neighborhood from time to time, make them know you in person and trust you, not as a guard but as their friend. Patrol this area and have a chat with its people. Make sure none of your guards who patrol around the neighborhood do something against their duties. I believe, after a while, they will see guards in different perspective and once they trust you. Whenever something happened, they will go to see you."

He seemed to think about something, perhaps a reminiscence of his past and added, "... just don't betray their trust once you earn it ..."

Huang Dong kept on hesitating, "... what do you think about it? Why don't you try to gain their trust and let them come to you on their own? ... I just think that it would be better that way."

'... sorry Miss Li, I felt that I can trust you, but I don't want to make the same mistake...'
Last edited by Han1977 on 14 Feb 2017, 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby UnholyBlade » 13 Feb 2017, 18:00

Mal Tijie wrote:Guards

Dao Long? Im not familar wif the name.

Intoxicated or not, Zang did not know who the Dao Long that Li Jun spoke of. In fact he was not familiar with any of the prominent families or members of society in the city. Rarely ever did he leave his village other than buying supplies and food.

Aye, If hes a mercant, wood he not be able ta gif money to tha city? Everyone shud be contributting to tha cause! No matta how small tha part!

Dong Zhou wrote:Guards

Li Jun smiled at Dai Ren's not at all a joke and wondered at what point she would have to get Dai to carry Ma home. He was being a bit loud, clearly not thinking but at the moment, not a danger to himself. Li Jun peered round to see if Ma Zang had anything sharp or dangerous on him that might need to be removed.

"I believe the term for that is taxes Ma."

It was not to be. The dumplings he ordered were never going to be delivered. Ren sighed inwardly, accepting his fate. He saw a serving girl walk out from the kitchen with a plate of dumplings, and he could feel his excitement welling up inside of him. He wasn't famished, but he had skipped breakfast this morning. He watched the girl walk towards his table, and watched as she continued to walk past his group to a table a few paces away. He sighed. So close.

"Sergeant, are you feeling well?"
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby Dong Zhou » 14 Feb 2017, 10:20

Huang Dong

As he talked of not dressing up as a guard, she nodded and was preparing to accept his plan but Huang Dong seemed to change his mind. She disliked the idea of not investigating but he knew the neighbour, he knew the lay of the land better then her so with a sigh, she accepted.

"Very well, I will hope she comes to us someday. If you can put in a good word, that may help but I will ensure the patrols here are more visible and led by some of her best just to ensure the others are doing their jobs properly. I do patrols all over the city but I'll try to increase my frequency here for awhile."
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Han1977 » 14 Feb 2017, 16:10

Dong Zhou

Huang Dong tried to hide it, but it was apparent that he felt relieved. He felt bad when he saw Li Jun's disappointment.

Grinning sheepishly, "Uh... sorry if I keep on changing my mind... I have my own problem. Anyway, I'm glad that you agree with my idea."

"Does it mean that you will pay a visit from time to time? Next time I'll prepare some dishes and refreshment for you and your guards.". he laughed.
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby Mat » 14 Feb 2017, 21:31

[Closed RP for One Sun Mirror]
The political conflict within the walls of Wan had been settled, leaving Liu Shentong with the task of actually acting rather than waiting. It was a welcome change for the former guard captain, and he soon took the opportunity to ride out and survey the lands south of Wan in preparation for the conflicts ahead.

Not much had changed. The farms were functional, but not particularly fertile. The peasants and rural areas were actually cut off from much of what had transpired in Wan. Theirs was a simple life that would remain that way provided the rebels stayed away.

It was strange to think that across the river were thousands of men preparing to assault the Luoyang from the south. Would they come to Wan first? Shentong had no idea. Not yet, at least.

The survey had went well enough. His dappled gray war horse was clearly enjoying time away from the stables and his rider felt like his head was clear for the first time in days.

The sun was setting in the west as the new Magistrate rode back towards Wan. He could make out what looked like another man heading south down the same road, but Shentong could not quite make him out yet.
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Calistoknight » 14 Feb 2017, 22:59

Vartonn wrote:[Open RP] - Lady Pu Cele's Pub, the Morning after the Morning of Many Magistrates

Jia Chun was slamming the counter as he laughed at Xu Bao's joke. "Join the rebellion, dye your own turban, don't mind the smell!" He wiped away some tears from laughing too hard and spoke with barely contained laughter. "I guess that qualifies the previous magistrate as a rebel! If not for the rain, we could probably follow his tracks all the way to Han Gu pass!" It took several moments for the rotund man to compose himself. "In all seriousness, I don't think we could pull it off with the current garrison, they'd probably run away too, it'd be the two of us against the entire rebel army!" He made wide motions in front of him, as if he was trying to portray ten thousand rebels staring them down. "No one's crazy enough to go alone into that tiger den..."

"Well I heard some rumors that some people were thinking of scouting beyond the river to capture some rebels" Xu Bao wiped his mouth with the back of his hand "I'm sure they'd be happy to have a man capable as yourself join them. At least you'd keep the journey entertaining." He stared at his empty wine cup and decided against refilling it for the time being. "As for myself I think I've got enough around here to do minding the forge. Once all this political hub dub is done sure it's going to be lit around the clock, much to those guys sadness" He grinned and looked at his workers who at this point were heavy into their cups and playing some sort of dice game with one of them literally losing his shirt.
Pre-Game:
Xu Bao (42)
Stats: 66-87-80-40-63
Skills: Arson, Artisan, Craftsman (e), Logistics, Military Engineer, Weaponmaster
Items: None
Calistoknight
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: N/A

Postby One Sun Mirror » 15 Feb 2017, 01:36

Mat wrote:[Closed RP for One Sun Mirror]
The political conflict within the walls of Wan had been settled, leaving Liu Shentong with the task of actually acting rather than waiting. It was a welcome change for the former guard captain, and he soon took the opportunity to ride out and survey the lands south of Wan in preparation for the conflicts ahead.

Not much had changed. The farms were functional, but not particularly fertile. The peasants and rural areas were actually cut off from much of what had transpired in Wan. Theirs was a simple life that would remain that way provided the rebels stayed away.

It was strange to think that across the river were thousands of men preparing to assault the Luoyang from the south. Would they come to Wan first? Shentong had no idea. Not yet, at least.

The survey had went well enough. His dappled gray war horse was clearly enjoying time away from the stables and his rider felt like his head was clear for the first time in days.

The sun was setting in the west as the new Magistrate rode back towards Wan. He could make out what looked like another man heading south down the same road, but Shentong could not quite make him out yet.

Trotting down the road at a leisurely pace was Gongsun Ji, his pony setting its own pace rather than its rider urging it on. Looking out towards the depleted farming districts through which he would travel towards Xiang Yang, Gongsun Ji spotted an official looking fellow atop a much more splendid beast than Ji's own. Continuing his journey south, the other horseman came closer, travelling north.

Gongsun Ji suddenly became apprehensive. This territory was dangerous, between two cities on the verge of violent confrontation. He had avoided the capital for just such a reason. Was this man from Xiang Yang coming north to spy on his northern neighbour? Gongsun Ji wryly thought it might be someone thrown from their position in that city looking for new meaning on the northern frontiers, precisely the inverse journey he had taken.

Being reasonably perceptive when it came to movements across the landscape, Gongsun Ji took to the side of the road and drew his notched sword and picked up a stone from the ground. He hoped to give the impression of an innocent sharpening of his weapon (but was no doubt blunting it further in a peculiar manner), but allowed him to have the thing drawn should the rider prove hostile.

As the rider approached earshot, Ji shouted discourteously, "Ahoy! Rider! What news from Xiang Yang?" The breeze whispered through his greying beard as he waited to see what he could glean from the other man's answer.
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 15 Feb 2017, 10:01

Han1977 wrote:Dong Zhou

Huang Dong tried to hide it, but it was apparent that he felt relieved. He felt bad when he saw Li Jun's disappointment.

Grinning sheepishly, "Uh... sorry if I keep on changing my mind... I have my own problem. Anyway, I'm glad that you agree with my idea."

"Does it mean that you will pay a visit from time to time? Next time I'll prepare some dishes and refreshment for you and your guards.". he laughed.

Li Jun nodded, she liked the thought of a meal at end of a march that she didn't have to get from the barracks.

"I promise on guard's..."

Li Jun caught herself a bit too late, a sheepish grin as she realized what she had been about to do.

"I was going to say guard's honour but realized that might not be appropriate and I really don't know a better one. Not like our recent overlords have set us a good example."

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Han1977 » 15 Feb 2017, 11:10

Dong Zhou wrote:Li Jun nodded, she liked the thought of a meal at end of a march that she didn't have to get from the barracks.

"I promise on guard's..."

Li Jun caught herself a bit too late, a sheepish grin as she realized what she had been about to do.

"I was going to say guard's honour but realized that might not be appropriate and I really don't know a better one. Not like our recent overlords have set us a good example."

Huang Dong laughed, "I have the feeling that you have all the right to promise on guard's honour. I think you have it in you."

"I guess it must be frustrating to deal with rusty old man like me. I.... as you can see, I'm stubborn and a cynical person. I don't trust people easily and quite cynical when I meet someone for the first time. Especially based on the previous Wan's magistrate. It's really rare to meet someone who isn't tainted by the corruption, when the one at the top of the system is corrupt."

"I suggest you don't trust me easily either.", it blurted out of no where.

'Why would I say that...? Do I feel guilty from hiding something from her? Do I feel guilty from questioning her sincerity when mine is questionable in the first place?', Huang Dong slapped his head in his mind.

There was an awkward silence.

Huang Dong awkwardly explained, "Well... I'm not sure how I should explain this. It's just that... I'm the kind of person who tend to think that the end justify the means."

"Some of my earlier words might not be true."

When he said that something moved in his heart and he took a deep breath, "Sorry... I don't know why I tell you all these things. Perhaps I see my past self in your passion for your duty. Miss Li... "

Huang Dong cleared his throat, "I..., well it seem I already took much of your time... and I... I still have things to do too."

Just before Li Jun left, Huang Dong suddenly said, "Miss Li..."

He called her, but when she turned, suddenly he couldn't think, not even a word to say, "... I ... well.. I just hope that you can trust me..."

He bowed and quickly turned to enter his house. Leaving Li Jun to face the closed door behind him.
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby Mat » 15 Feb 2017, 15:38

One Sun Mirror wrote:As the rider approached earshot, Ji shouted discourteously, "Ahoy! Rider! What news from Xiang Yang?" The breeze whispered through his greying beard as he waited to see what he could glean from the other man's answer.

Gongsun Ji had finally gotten close enough for Shentong to make out details of the man. Noting the gray in his beard, the young man showed the older man proper deference in his greeting.

"Good evening qianbei. I have no news from Xiang Yang for I hail from Wan. I only traveled to the riverbanks before turning back at the fishing village. The river merchants and fishermen were not offering passage to the southern bank."

Shentong eased his horse to a stop. The stallion, despite its long journey, did not seem remotely tired.

"My horse is a fine steed, but he's not much of a swimmer. And I don't much care for the idea of facing a rebel army all alone."

Shentong smiled a bit. He recognized the man was armed and wanted to put him at ease.

"If you're heading south I would advise against traveling there. I have no idea how the rebels treat travelers, but at the very least they're likely to confiscate your weapon and any taels you may have."
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby One Sun Mirror » 15 Feb 2017, 17:28

Mat wrote:"Good evening qianbei. I have no news from Xiang Yang for I hail from Wan. I only traveled to the riverbanks before turning back at the fishing village. The river merchants and fishermen were not offering passage to the southern bank."

Qianbei? Gongsun Ji scoffed. Who did this rascal think he was? Having worked himself up so much at the small comment on his age, he missed the respectful manner in which he was addressed.

"Why would a boy such as yourself need to cross the river?" Ji asked testily. "If one truly wishes to cross the river, he is not stopped by fishermen and traders. Those on the other side certainly won't be stopped in such a petty way," he snapped rudely.
Mat wrote:"My horse is a fine steed, but he's not much of a swimmer. And I don't much care for the idea of facing a rebel army all alone."

"How exactly would it come to you having to face the rebel army yourself?" Ji asked, suddenly curious. His abrasive demeanour gave way to curiosity. "I can see that you are a mighty warrior, and yet you realise strength alone is not enough..."

After a moment of pondering to himself, the older man announced himself, "Gongsun Ji, wise sir." He poked his grubby sword into the ground, clasped his hands and shook them vigorously at the younger man before him, having heard that this was a respectful gesture.
Mat wrote:"If you're heading south I would advise against traveling there. I have no idea how the rebels treat travelers, but at the very least they're likely to confiscate your weapon and any taels you may have."

"I have been heading south; the north has nothing left for me and the House of Liu has brought myself and much of the rest of the land much woe. If all the rebels will take from me is my sword and my taels..." he guffawed bitterly, "they will be the worse off for it. I have nothing in the way of valuable coinage and my sword..." He pulled the blade out of the ground and showed the twists, notches and imperfections all the way along. "This thing might as well be scrap metal," he noted grimly. "Too much scouting, hunting, raiding, pursuing... I used to be second to one of the git-generals on the northern frontier of the Empire, you know?" Ji continued, clearly uncaring whether the other man did or did not know. "But they threw me out because I seized upon opportunities to fulfill our objectives. And worse still..." the older man choked up for a moment, as tears sprang into his eyes. Once he had recomposed himself, he added, "well, the Emperor can go hang, along with all his blasted generals. I'll show 'em!"

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Mat » 16 Feb 2017, 00:23

One Sun Mirror wrote:Once he had recomposed himself, he added, "well, the Emperor can go hang, along with all his blasted generals. I'll show 'em!"

The older man's sour reaction had not yet altered Shentong's mood. If a cranky man was the worst thing the evening would throw at him, it would be a nice change of pace.

"I did not need to cross the river today. I was just curious to see how the rebellion had impacted the people in the village. They are terrified and are keeping near their own shores."

"And I'm certain that if I, an official of Wan, were to find myself on the other side of the river, I would not receive a warm greeting."

The younger warrior shifted on his horse. It seemed rude to conduct an entire conversation from the saddle. He returned Gongsun Ji's greeting, clasping his hands and bowing.

When Ji openly declared his disdain for the emperor, the warrior flinched. Shentong's mood darkened, but it reflected sadness rather than anger.

"I am sorry you feel that way. There are clearly many who share in your frustration, on both sides of the river."

Shentong was silent for a time. He looked at the man. Had misfortunate led the man to this, or was his state a result of his own actions? Shentong had to know.

"May I ask you why you feel this way?"
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby One Sun Mirror » 16 Feb 2017, 02:33

Mat wrote:"And I'm certain that if I, an official of Wan, were to find myself on the other side of the river, I would not receive a warm greeting."

"An official of Wan you say?" Gongsun Ji prodded the ground thoughtfully with his weathered weapon. "I just passed by your city this morning as it happens. It looks grim," he said flatly. "Like it has been mismanaged to the hilt." His hands grasped around the top of his sword to make his point. "But should you find yourself on the other side of the river, I would say the rebels may give you a very warm welcome... though not at all a comfortable one." He grinned darkly.
Mat wrote:"May I ask you why you feel this way?"

Ji noted the sudden shift in the other man's mood. He no longer seemed so... serene. Perhaps he was a sycophant to the capital? Well, Ji would give him a dose of the real world.

He started angrily, "when I was a young m- younger man, I joined the imperial army under the previous emperor's predecessor. All authority across the empire flows from the Son of Heaven, and so by Heaven's will I ascended the ranks for my effective service in Xi Liang as part of the border patrols. Sent north to the Bingzhou frontier under the next emperor and given a post of second in command, I was thankful to His Late Majesty for my bounty. However, resources started to be withdrawn from the border forces, and the general I served under grew needlessly cruel and lax. I would push him to take opportunities to keep watch on and weaken our foes to the north. But he would not listen, citing he had received no orders from the capital. And yet his position as general required him to make such decisions! So I petitioned His Late Majesty to either force the man into action, or failing that, remove him. My recommendation was received poorly by the Imperial Court, which responded with something along the lines of 'how dare you question the will of your superior, a distant relative of the Son of Heaven!' And with that, I was outcast - politically at least. No longer a part of strategic planning - not that there ever was any - I started to plan my own raids against the Xiongnu, insubordination be damned. If the general wouldn't do his job, I would do it for him, even if it was he who would claim ultimate credit for my success. And I was indeed successful, so much so that the Xiongnu sent an army to us and were utterly beaten! But our 'wise general' would not pursue the enemy and take advantage of the situation. So I took a small band and pursued them myself, including the general's son, who was tenfold the man his father was. Although I was again successful in raiding and bringing down a local chieftain, upon my return I was dishonourably discharged and for my crime of putting his son in harm's way, he executed my own offspring..." Gongsun Ji paused bitterly here and looked to the ground, the fire in his soul burning low.

"Seeing the deterioration of the once great Han to today... it erodes my confidence in the current Son of Heaven's ability to exert that Heavenly authority," Gongsun Ji continued slowly. "It is my own personal tragedy that I must bear. My son. The great emperors of yore. Corrupt and incompetent officials... I am surprised that a man such as yourself can stand to serve in such an administration! So I travel south... to escape my past. To rebuild some sense of order. Something no Liu in a long time seems to have managed."

His eyes suddenly opened wide, "what would you do? Given command of the situation at hand? If the leadership of your city were to be thrust upon you, would you not seek to impose some kind of justice? Some effectiveness? Anything?"

Skirmish Minigame
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Vartonn » 16 Feb 2017, 07:02

[Open RP] - Lady Pu Cele's Pub, the Morning after the Morning of Many Magistrates
Calistoknight wrote:"Well I heard some rumors that some people were thinking of scouting beyond the river to capture some rebels" Xu Bao wiped his mouth with the back of his hand "I'm sure they'd be happy to have a man capable as yourself join them. At least you'd keep the journey entertaining." He stared at his empty wine cup and decided against refilling it for the time being. "As for myself I think I've got enough around here to do minding the forge. Once all this political hub dub is done sure it's going to be lit around the clock, much to those guys sadness" He grinned and looked at his workers who at this point were heavy into their cups and playing some sort of dice game with one of them literally losing his shirt.

The barrel-bellied man finished his last cup of wine and pushed it away. He smiled contentedly when Xu Bao spoke of the forge and looked at his workers. "If you're making them weapons, our soldiers won't have anything to fear!" He instinctively went for his weapon hilt, but it was empty. "Err, right, I left it at home, but the iron rod you made for me last year shows no sign of wear! And I've used it plenty! Really, it's a wonder!" The drunken man grinned wide at his new friend.

A young woman wearing long flowing robes interrupted them. There was not a stain or speck of dust on her garments; truly it was a feat to remain so perfectly clean while working at a tavern. She seemed barely of age to frequent such an establishment, yet she had an aura of authority. No, not quite. In contrast to the ever out of place Jia Chun, it felt like there was not an inch of her that did not belong here. She carried two cups of wine on a platter and a subtle smile on her youthful face. "Master Xu, Xiaohouzi, shall I divine your futures?" The middle-aged man's face lit up when lady Pu Cele spoke to them. With all the grace he could summon, he spoke to her with fondness. "Oh, teacher, do master Xu first, please. I'll divine my own future, like you showed me." She looked at him with all the severity of an Imperial Tutor. Her lips pursed slightly and had the two men not been drunk, they might have noticed how vexed she was. She stared silently for a moment before turning to the blacksmith. "Whatever you wish, monkey." She gave him his cup without looking at him and prepared Xu Bao's. "Before I begin, master Xu, do you have a specific question to ask, or will you leave it to fate?"
Jia Chun (38), 80-72-73-41-60,
Aid, Medic, Mobility (e), Mystic, Scout
Gold: 122; Items: ---
Vartonn
Experienced Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 16 Feb 2017, 08:08

Han1977 wrote:

Just before Li Jun left, Huang Dong suddenly said, "Miss Li..."

He called her, but when she turned, suddenly he couldn't think, not even a word to say, "... I ... well.. I just hope that you can trust me..."

He bowed and quickly turned to enter his house. Leaving Li Jun to face the closed door behind him.

As Li Jun was politely shown out, she bowed the proper goodbyes and once door was shut, shook her head. Huang Dong was a passionate man who seemed well meaning but she feared some of his commitment would lead to trouble. Also he seemed in chaos amongst himself which was not going to end well. She wandered if he would end up on the guard's "death" betting pool someday...

Shaking her head, Li Jun diverted herself to nearest guard house to arrange patrols before she hurried to the markets before they closed on her...

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou