SimRTK Announcements - Game & Forum Issues

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Forum Upgrade to phpBB 3.0.10

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 09 Aug 2012, 16:03

Forum Upgrade

Hello everyone,

As Xiahou Mao noted above, the big forum update has been completed, and it went quite smoothly. The vast majority of the changes behind this update were actually under-the-hood sort of things, though I have noticed that the forum runs quite a bit faster, now. There are two particular changes that are worth highlighting:

Social Networking Links

Social networking links. You can now add profile links for Facebook, Twitter, Bebo, and Blogger. I didn't bother adding support for some of the others like MySpace because I'm a terrible hater. You can update those links in your profile along with ICQ and all the other relics. Please note: as part of a new anti-bot security measure, a human-testing profile field has been introduced. It will ask you to pick the middle number. Just go ahead and enter it. (It should only show up during registration but it doesn't feel like cooperating for the time being).

Tapatalk Support

Tapatalk is a mobile device app for browsing forums. Versions are available for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, and probably others. You can download that app and use it for a much more enjoyable experience browsing forums on these devices. It does cost a few dollars and I was initially resistant to getting on board for that reason (when it was suggested over at SoSZ), but I went ahead and downloaded it to give it a shot and it is a great program. Many other popular forums support it too.

Problems? Errors?

Please notify me by private message, notify a staff member, send me an email here. I'll look into it and correct whatever has broken. Everything seems to be working smoothly so far, though.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Location: Please Direct Gameplay Questions to the Game Rules Forum.
Kingdom: Huo Hu

Re: SimRTK Announcements - Game & Forum Issues

Postby Xiahou Mao » 10 Oct 2012, 01:46

And now for a forum upgrade of an entirely different kind..

As you might have guessed from the site header, IRC chat or the excited babble in the OOC thread, the V6 Map has been revealed! To see it, click on "Map" on the site header, and marvel at the new functionality, the unified battlefield system, the unit displays, the zoom in function, and maybe a few easter eggs too!

Over the coming days we'll provide more information about the map and how it will impact the next game. In the meantime, we want to make sure it's working for everyone! If you have a problem viewing the map, please post in the V6 Map Feedback Thread and we'll get to work troubleshooting it.

With all the different ways to access the internet now, with browsers, smart phones and other stuff, there might be issues with some of them. But we intend to fix them!
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby Aureal » 14 Oct 2012, 15:54

As people can see by viewing our map, SimRTK will be changing significantly for V6. Thus we have decided to do a soft start with a few pre-game scenarios in which various aspects of the new systems will be tested on a wider scale before we start the full game. The storyline for these scenarios is set and will be played out in accordance with our plans, although certain details may be able to be changed by player actions. The pre-game will be the official history of the game, and will give players the chance to witness and even play a small part in it for a change.

The first pre-game scenario will play out around the time of the coalition against Dong Zhuo in 190. It will be a very basic test of the battle system only- there will be no Kingdom Turns or Personal Turns. Numerical data shown in battles will not necessarily be reflective of actual results.

What can you, as players, do in the pre-game?

First, you can bring out a PC to roleplay. Be warned that the pre-game is starting noticeably earlier than the actual game will, so if you have a desire to play a particular PC of a certain age for the start of the actual game, you probably will want to hold onto that character until that time. You may still roleplay a different character such as a parent in the pre-game than you do in the actual game, but obviously anything you did in pre-game will not be relevant to a new character. There is no official signup process or information tracking for PCs in the pre-game, all you need to do is post whatever RP you wish. If the character wishes to join with a kingdom, they may do so, although they may or may not get to participate in battle. In order to be sent to battle, the character will need stats and skills, but what those stats and skills are is not important. You may use the spreadsheet from the previous version to come up with a reasonable statline for your character (please, try to keep your characters reasonable). Stats and skills used in pre-game will have no bearing upon the character once actual signups are made at the official start of the game.

Second, you can help coordinate the battle tactics of a kingdom. There will be more NPC kingdoms than there are staff to play them, and many will be of relatively minor significance. In many cases, we will allow willing and active players to take over and handle their actions, within reason. Of course, we will override anything as needed for game purposes.

We are planning to do another pre-game scenario after this, including more game aspects in the test, so there will be further opportunities to participate in pre-game activities. Expect to see new threads related to the pre-game appearing in the next few days. We hope people enjoy this new approach to simRTK!
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Postby Aureal » 23 Oct 2012, 02:39

Several RP threads for the first pre-game scenario have appeared, with a little RP to help set the scene. Feel free to make use of these threads as appropriate. For those of you who wish to be part of a kingdom, you do not need to do anything to be 'accepted', you may simply consider yourself as part of it, albeit in a minor role at this point. Please bear this in mind when seeking out RP with NPCs- they are not at your beck and call for interaction, and some will not be interested in talking with you at all. There may be some opportunity for PCs to get a role in battle, but this will be rather limited so don't get your hopes up too much.

A turns thread with a set time and date for a first 'turn change' of the pre-game will appear at a later date. I'll leave this preliminary phase open for a little while and see how things roll.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Postby Elysia » 24 Dec 2012, 20:33

On behalf of the staff of SimRTK, I would like to take a moment and wish everyone a . . .

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

And a special picture for our resident Grinch

Jia Edit: Bah humbug. I so totally do not resemble grumpy Christmas cat. This is defamation of character.
Aureal edit: Ding dong!
Zheng Mingyu (18) 87*-102*-65*-73*-92* Ambush; Artisan (e); Breeder (e); Charge; Craftsman (e); Duelist (e); Weaponmaster (e); Zeal

Ping Tai . . . At the mercy of Gu Guang and Lady Shao
Lu Ling Qi . . . Daddy's little girl.
Dame Zhang Yi . . . Sugary sweet.
Liyin & Liyang . . . Doubly Delicious.
Wang Jun . . . Teenager on his own!
Zhang Chunhua . . . Devoted wife of Sima Yi.
<Harimau> Ely, everyone loves you.
Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Location: The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Elysia » 15 Apr 2013, 23:03

Wow, it has been awhile since I was here.... I want to announce that Lionheart has been dipped in green paint and hung out to dry. Please give him a little time to figure out what is going on as our newest GM before pouncing on him.
Zheng Mingyu (18) 87*-102*-65*-73*-92* Ambush; Artisan (e); Breeder (e); Charge; Craftsman (e); Duelist (e); Weaponmaster (e); Zeal

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Location: The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Postby Xiahou Mao » 04 May 2013, 19:42

I just want to mention that because the forum is a bit slow right now, and we've been dealing with an uptick in the activity, we've turned on a requirement for post approval for new accounts. This will help us keep spam off of the forums.

If you're a legitimate new poster, we'll approve you as fast as we can once you make a legitimate new post. ;) And when we get closer to the game's start we'll explore other options so people aren't left sitting in a queue.
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby Elysia » 31 Oct 2013, 12:07

Happy Halloween!!

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Postby Elysia » 28 Nov 2013, 15:10

Happy Thanksgiving!

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Postby Elysia » 21 Dec 2013, 00:20

On behalf of the staff of SimRTK,
I would like to take a moment to say . . .

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Rest assured that the excellent, albeit small staff here at SimRTK are working hard to bring you the next version of the game. We are sure that it will prove to be the most exciting version yet!! After all... Your Pre-game RP is helping to shape the game!! WooHoo!!

God Bless you all!
:ely: Ely

Jia Edit: BAH HUMBUG!
Aureal edit: Hey! No fair cheating and posting way early! See, I am writing this at the proper time for things like this to be posted!

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Postby Elysia » 14 Feb 2014, 17:18

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jia Edit: Bah humbug to Singles Awareness Day.

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Postby JohannXIV » 31 Mar 2014, 18:08

Good news every one!

I've landed myself a huge career opportunity. I'll be the new Executive Chef at one of the oldest and most well known restaurants in the city where I will be over-seeing the rejuvenation of a menu that hasn't seen much change since the 1970s. What does this mean? It means that years of hard work do eventually pay off for those that answer when opportunity knocks. It also means, that I've asked for a demotion back to RM status.

Helping to develop v6 has been a great joy and playing simRTK has been a pleasure for six years now. I'm not leaving, I just don't feel as though I can fulfill all the requirements that a GM has. It would be unfair to myself and the players here if I tried to do everything as I wouldn't be able to do it well enough to match my own expectations. That being said, onward to v6 and back to the BLUE
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby Elysia » 20 Apr 2014, 15:03

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Postby Elysia » 04 Jul 2014, 12:58

And to all of those who serve in the Armed Forces, let us say Thank you!

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

Postby Elysia » 17 Jul 2014, 01:32

It is has been a while since this has been used for real, honest to goodness news! But boy-o-boy do I have news! I have managed to enslave another to do my work... errr.... ummmm.... Yeah. hehehe

Please welcome our newest GM, the one...... the only......Xeniphon!! So put your hands together and him a big cheer..... Welcome aboard, Xeni!

Elysia
Collecting Souls
Collecting Souls

PreviousNext

Return to Headquarters