[Pre-game] General Roleplay Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: [Pre-game] General Roleplay Thread

Postby Sun Tang » 12 Nov 2013, 18:44

Frostbite Dragon wrote:Open RP

*After the fall of Luo Yang, the now former Guard Captain, Lin Shao realized just how bad things were for the Government and he decided that his daughter did not be part of it. SO instead of following the others towards Chang An, Lin Shao moved south. With all of the soldiers fighting up north, there was bound to be a need for men that could defend the people left behind. He traveled with his trusty spear and Lin Nuo a few steps behind. The girl spoke up first. "Why ae w heading south? Isn't all the action up north?" The older man stopped and turned around. "Its because of that we're heading south. Besides, living by the river won't be bad. Plenty of fish and I could get a job at a nearby port for gold." "Sounds boring..." "Peace isn't boring, its nice. I just want you to be able to enjoy your youth." Lin Nuo walked ahead of her father. She gazed across the river and pointed. "So that's our future eh?" Her father nodded as he patted her on the head. "Yep..."

[OPEN RP]

In the south, along the river on the outskirts of Jiang Xia, a fishing village was bustling with activity. People had begun travelling south in large numbers, but many who came to this area appeared to simply be passing through. Chen Hu operated a large enough tavern for those passing through, but he just could not seem to keep up with the influx of patrons. He had been working extra shifts because he could not find enough people willing to work for him, people who visited the village did not stay long, they did not feel that this area was far enough from the turmoil to the north.

Chen Wiped the sweat from his brow with the last clean towel. "I really need some extra help" he complained to the barmaid, one of only two working on this busy day. The barmaid smilled with a curt nod in approval. It was apparant that she too was over worked and she went along to her duties after giving chen a pat on the back.

It was time to take a break. The customers just had to wait for now. Chen stepped out the back door that overlooked the river and he stared across the way. He could see small groups of people from this distance but not to clearly. Surely someone would eventually settle in the area and perhaps they would be interested in working at the tavern. He took a few moments to enjoy the weather before disappearing back inside and moments later he was at the front of the establishment nailing a notice on the door.

"HELP WANTED. APPLY INSIDE"
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

Postby Darth Revan » 12 Nov 2013, 22:33

(Might as well something to keep me occupied.)

Kong Rong was dressed in black and comfortable despite the heat of the southern lands. Passing a tavern a sign had caught his eye and he decided to take a better look at it. As soon as he got within range of the sign it clearly stated that the tavern was looking for help. Entering the tavern itself Kong took off his hood and looked around at first he didnt see anyone and headed straight to the counter and took a seat and awaited service.
Darth Revan
Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Frostbite Dragon » 13 Nov 2013, 23:15

Sun/Tang/Darth Revan

*As the pair walked along the riverside, they came across a small fishing Village. Seeing that there could be an inn to stay the night located in the village, the pair entered. Lin Nuo covered her nose as the smell of fish was not something she enjoyed. "This place stinks...." "Not used to the smell of fish eh? You will with time." "Yeah.." The two passed by a tavern with a help wanted sign posted in the front. Curious about the details, Lin Shao walked inside and looked around. Nuo simply observed for a moment and made her way to bar. After hopping into a seat, she was about to say something to the barmaid when her father stopped her. "So.. I noticed the sign. I don't mind the idea of making some coin while looking for a place to stay." So what are the details? Lin Shao noticed that they weren't the only ones who seemed to be looking at potential job opportunities, however Shao intended to be the one to get it.*
Pre Game V.6 Character Lin Shao
Father of Lin Nuo
V.5 Character - Xiahou Xi-Feng
Frostbite Dragon
Experienced Officer

Kingdom: Secret Agent Man!!!

Postby Sun Tang » 14 Nov 2013, 21:00

@FD

The barmaid was taking care of serving the customers needs. She was near exhausted and the place was very busy but it was not jam packed. It was still very loud which only exacerbated her annoying headache. She was asked a question from a visitor and almost needed to ask again due to the boisterous noise from some of the patrons in the back of the room. Once she was able to fully comprehend the question she immediately shot back an answer of excitement in her voice.

Barmaid Qi: You are the first to ask about it, no worries though. I would have to introduce you to the owner. Let me find him, I believe he is in the kitchen, he has been bouncing back and forth from...*ahem* I'm sorry, I will get him now so he can give you the details...would you like some drinks for now?

@KongRong

The owner was chatting momentarily with some distinguished patrons that wore some nice robes and had a handful of fierce guards watching vigilantly a few paces away. The conversation was short this time and Chen was not offended by it. The pair were sometimes more approachable and conversational but they appeared concerned and not in the mood to entertain a simple barkeep. Chen walked back and behind the bar and wiped his hands on a towel before picking up one of the small scolls used as a menu and laid it in front of Kong Rong.

Chen: Welcome to the Twisted Tavern, I am Chen. Please take your time looking over the selection. Would you like some tea?
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

Postby Darth Revan » 15 Nov 2013, 20:17

Taking off his hood revealed long well kept brown hair and his beard complimented his hair. Kong nodded to the man about the tea and took the menu and started to read over it quickly, Kong looked at the man and spoke. "Ill take the rice and pork if you please, and niced to meet you Chen i am Kong Rong. I had also seen that help wanted poster outside what exactly would you need help with?"
Darth Revan
Officer

Postby Sun Tang » 20 Nov 2013, 23:14

As Kong looked over the menu thoughts raced through Chen's mind about the situation to the North. It did not take much time for Kong to place his order and to Chen's delight inquire about the help wanted sign.

Chen, "I truly need some help here, with the influx of people escaping the fighting or it spilling over into their towns, they have been steadily coming southward. I only have a few pairs of good hands here and though they work well, the current help is not enough. To be blunt, i need some muscle around here in case things get out of hand. The other day two fights broke out! I didn't have the ability to intervene and things were broken, customers were scared... but some people were hurt very badly.. including a young lady who had nothing to do with the mess." Chen took a deep breath and scanned the crowd before continuing. "I don't want to see anyone else get hurt of course, but i do not expect you to intervene in those situations if that is not your choice. I do legitimately need help in the kitchen or even out here taking care of customers."
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

Postby Darth Revan » 20 Nov 2013, 23:22

Kong listened to what the man had to say before speaking. He had actually came down to the south to escape the fighting also, he didnt want anything to do with the wars in the north and seeked a peaceful life in the south. Hopefully the way wouldnt spread to the south so him and others that sought a peaceful life could lives their own lives. Kong nodded and then spoke to the man in front of him. "I will do my best in whatever taskings you need done, maybe while i am down here i can learn how to cook." A smile spread across his face as the last words came from his mouth.
Darth Revan
Officer

Postby Sun Tang » 20 Nov 2013, 23:34

Chen listened intently, a bead of sweat forming on his brow. The reply was favorable and Chen returned the smile and took the menu from Kong.

Chen, "The meal is on me today Kong. I appreciate the help and i will not ask too much of you. We can discuss some of the details later, i will make your meal myself, i hope you are hungry!" Chen tapped the table with the menu and walked off. He was smiling and optimistic about picking up an extra helper. He disappeared into the kitchen to tell the rest of the staff the good news. He was certain it would make them happy to hear they would be getting some help with dividing up the duties of running the tavern. A few minutes later Qi appeared and began taking orders. She smiled at Kong and made her way to introduce herself, but a customer had hailed her to his party's table and the introductions would have to be postponed for now..
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

Postby Darth Revan » 20 Nov 2013, 23:52

As the man walked away Kong still held his smile as he began to sit and await his meal that was on the house. He thought to himself this was a good way to start off the day findning a town that seemed quite enough for him furthermore finding a job in the same day was excellent. It looked like his fortune was looking up after he had escaped the war in the north. He slipped back into his memories as he recalled the many battles that he had fought. The memory of his best friend dying in his arms lingered in his mind as he began to sweat and shake.
Darth Revan
Officer

Postby OmniGambit » 21 Nov 2013, 01:49

Thwack.

The sound of wood striking wood. As the tonfa collided, the resounding noise could be heard echoing off in the distance. The noise was an all. too familiar sound to those accustomed to battle, as with any training weapons being struck together.

Thwack. Thwack.

The rhythmic patterns were jarring and loud... but in a way almost soothing to any true warrior. The sound of wood cracking against wood that indicated a training area for the disciplined to hone their craft. It was here in the middle of a clearing that Zhang Yun, the man who had become known as the Dragon of Wu, struck out with his quarter staff. Standing at 6'4" with a muscular frame and clad in patchwork purple and red armor, he made no slight sight to view. And it was here in this same clearing that his 10 year old nephew, Zhang Ce, hastily brought his tonfa up to protect his face from the imminent crash of wood against flesh and bone. Standing at just 4 feet tall, and with little more than purple padded cloth armor, he seemed far less threatening, especially in such a vulnerable moment.

Zhang Yun: What have I taught you? Never lose the momentum!

Zhang Ce continued to bring up his two guards against the incredibly painful looking pole that continued to come down upon him. He backpeddled from his uncle and did everything he could to protect himself as the assault continued, concern on his face as he wondered how he'd get out of this.

And then it happened. A momentary opening, an overcorrection on a swing, and years of training from his uncle kicked in. Instinctively, Zhang Ce swung out with his Tonfa at his uncle's opening. He struck true at his uncle's side, Yun instinctively jumping back. His nephew now advanced on him, swinging over and over as Yun began protecting himself. But where Ce backpeddled with a look of concern, Yun did it with a grin. His nephew grinned as well as he spoke to him.

Zhang Ce: What is it uncle? Remembering a funny joke? Because it seems the momentum is mine now.

Yun grinned as he blocked two more of his young nephews blows and then ducked his next strike, sweeping his nephews legs with his staff and upending him, sending him to his back on the ground as Yun swung his staff around and brought the far end within an inch of his nephews face. Yuns grin faded as he spoke.

Zhang Yun: No, Xijian, it wasn't a joke, it was a deception. You must never forget what these four points represent.

Yun tapped the front and back ends of each Tonga, saying a word with each tap.

Zhang Yun: Honor. Discipline. Focus. Respect. You need each in unison to triumph in combat.

He reached down a hand to his nephew, helping him up and taking a few paces away from him. He stood his staff next to him, turning his head back as he spoke.

Zhang Yun: So, nephew... what say you?

Ce brushed himself off, assuming his battle stance and grinning, his reply only a single word.

Zhang Ce: Again.

Zhang Yun grinned at the youths persistence, chuckling slightly.

Zhang Yun: So be it. On your guard!

And with that, he swung around as if a blur, continuing the training with a renewed assault. Though the clearing was empty, they each fought with the same force they would in an arena before thousands, not holding back as The Dragon of Wu taught his nephew the techniques of their family.

(Open RP!)
Now playing: Zhang Yun, the Dragon of Wu! And his plucky nephew.

Coming soon: Zhang Ce styled jixiao, the warrior looking to make peace with his lineage...
OmniGambit
Ranking Officer

Postby Kongming999 » 21 Nov 2013, 02:40

Though the Dragon of Wu and his nephew believed themselves to be alone, they were in fact being observed. Quite closely.

On the other side of the walls that connected the Zhang's practice arena to the outside world stood two young monks, one stacked on top of the other. While the bottom one tried hard to keep his footing on top of a mossy rock, the one on top was busily observing Zhang Yun and his nephew.

"Woww... Totally wicked..." he whispered in awe.

The scene was really quite comical- two boys, dressed in Buddhist robes and sporting wooden prayer beads, vertically arranged, peering over a high wall at their neighbors engage in rattan fighting.

"Darnit Ping, are you done watching yet? It's my turn!" This came from the bottom.

"No, Xuan. You got to watch them yesterday," retorted the top.

Though the boy on top was not heavy, he had already been there for quite a while, and the bottom boy- Xuan- was beginning to feel his muscles burn under the strain. He gritted his teeth and thought:

If he doesn't remove himself from me in thirty seconds, I swear...

Thirty seconds passed painfully, until Xuan could finally resist no longer. He removed his chubby hands from their supporting position on Ping's ankles, causing the latter to lose his balance. Stepping aside agilely, Xuan allowed his companion to tumble to the ground with a muffled thump.

Without looking back to check on his friend, Xuan moved his heavy frame towards the wall and scaled it with considerably more grace than someone of his size ought to be able to manage. Balancing lightly atop the wall, Xuan yelled out at the Zhangs.

"Hey neighbors! I'm An Xuan, your friend from the monastery across town! I like bamboo fighting! Keep doing it!"

Xuan grinned broadly, hoping to supplement his short introduction with additional signs of his friendliness. He was truly fascinated by this intense warrior training and hoped to learn more about it before the day was up.
v6 pre-game
An Shigao, Marquis of Parthia (42) 36-54-75-75-75 Charming, Networking, Riot, Rumor, Scribe, Spy, Stealth

v5: Lin Chung
Kongming999
Experienced Officer

Postby Jaerdean » 27 Nov 2013, 00:51

Xuang Ren wrote:Huo stroke his lean beard as his other hand filled his cup with wine.

" I'm not sure what do you mean by that, but I kinda see you point. I was involved in the siege of Y... ahem, a city before, and we have this part of city where it seems to be the most vulnerable part of the wall. I mean, it was a long stretch of wall with a single small gate and no towers except at both ends, and at a glance seems quite dilapidated." He explained it while drawing the imaginary map in the table with his hand.

'But there was a series of houses in front of the wall, before a wide trench,and then another complex of houses leaning to the wall; it was about 100 meters deep. So it was practically impossible to use towers, and infantry have to go trough a maze-like streets. Needless to say, there was traps and ambushes coupled with constant barrage of arrows and stones from the wall, it was a messy affairs."

Huo sighed, "You engineers are sure pain in the arse, both when you know what you are doing, and when you're not."

The dwarf shrugged at the description. He thought he could tackle some of the issues, one-by-one, but all together, well, he would need more experience or perhaps to have been there. He knew of a few easy ways to go through a terribly rough wall. It took time, days, perhaps weeks, but he could do it. The trench may have been an aid to that as well.

"There's always solutions if you look at them a certain way. That trench for instance, depending on how far from the wall it was, could be your best friend. Just start a fair distance away, with a large pavilion tent to cover, if there wasn't anything else. You could dig down, then toward the trench, fortifying the tunnel as you went.

"Hit the trench, ladder your way down into it, and up to the height you wish, and make three or four tunnels close together, but fortified by wood, you understand. Dig under the wall, only about thirty or forty meters beyond, and breach. Now, the breach isn't to supply an opening for troops, no, that'd be too dangerous, and would leave a bottleneck kill-zone the likes of which your enemy would bless you for. But before breaching, soak the timber used to support the tunnels in oil, coat the ground within the tunnels with it, and then flee back.

"Keep in mind, the tunnels should be rather shallow in the first place. Flee to the other side of the trench and throw torches into the tunnel openings. The wind howling through the tunnels would send the flames searing through, aided by the oil. The smoke entering the city would blind the enemy, while the collapsed tunnels, right next to each other, would surely bring down the wall, allowing for a larger gap for an army to enter.

"As to the archers and streets, perhaps flames would help clear the streets there as well, or perhaps armor. That is not my strong point though. But never underestimate the power of a shovel and nature on your side."
v6 Yue Bao zi Kong
Statting: 42-89-82-32-32 Alchemist; Invent; Medic; Mystic

"Hey, you sass that hoopy Yindun Zhe? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
Jaerdean
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Postby Bradums » 27 Nov 2013, 16:40

"Breezy..." the young man muttered, shuffling his robes a bit to try to move them over any more bare skin that he could cover. The climate wasn't too harsh, but there was a chill air in the wind, and the constant breeze belied the otherwise tranquil beauty of the setting.

The young master sat stoically upon a stone bench in a large garden within the city of Chenliu. He was a man raised in the comfort of privilege and city life. Before everything fell to pieces, his family was actually rather affluent and respected. After, however...well, he was forced to pick up the pieces at a young age. A witness to his efforts sat beside him in the form of his longtime friend and ally, a scruffy-haired young man who hailed from a powerful family further South who had taken the fallen into their own home. This particular son of that Southern family was a stark contrast to the friend he accompanied to the garden.

"It's not that bad, Xinguang," he attested with a grin, "You've got thicker robes than I do. And aren't you from the capital city, originally?"

True enough, the Southerner was wearing more common attire, thinner and less formal. The 'Xinguang' he sat with was wearing formal black robes, much thicker in the layers it offered. As for the origin of the robed man...

"I don't remember Luoyang being cold," the more aloof young man replied, "But then, it's been a long time...and this isn't Luoyang. Chenliu is a different city altogether..."

And with that, a silence fell upon the two. One didn't have any real response to the other's remark, and the other seemed more intent on the garden than continuing the conversation with his friend...

[Open RP for anyone interested in a pointless 'hang out' RP!]
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby Kang_Lun » 06 Dec 2013, 10:35

Open RP
The caravan was rather a large one, for it was probably filled with gold, gems, and possibly someone very important, but no one really knew for sure. A large company was hired, however, in guarding this caravan. It consisted of a total of twelve wagons, the majority pulled with horses, but the last two with burly oxen. The curious thing about this caravan, was wagon number seven. It was less of a wagon than it was a coach. The horses were fine bred, spirited beasts, and probably more expensive than the majority of the guards combined. The coach had windows, but the curtains were drawn.

Kang Lun didn't care really who or what he was guarding, but only in his pay that he would receive at the end of this voyage. Kang Lun sat on the back of a large chestnut horse, wearing leather trousers, boots, and gloves, all well worn, as well as a leather chestpiece with iron plating overlayed. At his side, lay a sword, the hilt of it was well worn, as was the scabbard itself, a faded black and dirty. On his back, a bow was hitched unstrung, a long dark recurve bow, long worn like the rest of his equipment. A cloak covered Kang Lun, his face hidden by the cowl, with cold green eyes peering in every which way. His face, a not unpleasant one, was marred by a nasty looking scar, the skin white, from one cheek, over his nose, and to the next cheek.

His eyes peered at the trees around them, a caravan this big meant good cargo, and good cargo meant ballsie bandits and outlaws. The trees are thick here, he thought to himself, the best place for an ambush... but an obvious one. An army could easily be concealed in these forests, waiting for the perfect chance to strike. Many among them thought that there wouldn't be any bandits who dare strike them, the caravan had over one hundred and fifty hired guards, on top of the fifty plus men that was already employed. These men were lax, and chatting careless to each other.

Fools, he shook his head in disgust, the lot of them. His eyes returned towards the trees, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. He would not be caught unawares. He had noticed some of the caravan's guards. They were high strung, edgy, and they knew they were expecting the worst. And to hire this many men was almost ludicrous.

"You expecting trouble there?" One man said laughing at Kang Lun. He did not answer, but only glared at the man who asked him that question. The man frowned, his brow creased, and he shook his head, "sheesh man, no need to be all pissy with me. Just trying to talk."

"Always expect the worst." Kang Lun said coldly, and returned to looking at the trees. Something was wrong, and he could feel it.
V6: Kang Lun
V5: A Chi Lang
Anyone wanna make V6 relations with my next character? PM if you do!
Kang_Lun
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Coco Pebbles

Postby Alfred » 15 Dec 2013, 20:16

@Bradums
An old man walks thru the garden, his beard is long and unkept, his robes are dirty, disheveled and stained from to long on the road, he carries on his shoulder a stout wooden pole, nailed to the top of which is a flat board with the words "Repent ye sinners of an Angry god!"
As he nears the two men he begins to rant
"Repent ye sinners! The end times are nigh! The mandate given man by the ruler of Heaven to test mans righteousness has been made mockery in this land! Even now the lords of Heaven ready their hosts for the scouring of the world! Man is no longer fit to ruler over beast! Feel the cold north wind, feel the chill of the coming winter, the chill of mans impending doom! Repent before the lords of heaven, that your immortal spurt might be spared THEIR final wrath! You shall know Heaven has indeed called the end when the usuper makes off with his prize, and those foolish enough to claim Heavens Mandate are destroyed by their own ambition! The end is nigh oh people of Chen Liu, REPENT!"
Targeting Chen Ping, cause Coon Mario is EVIL!!!!
Alfred
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: The Road, again

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum