[Pre-game] General Roleplay Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: [Pre-game] General Roleplay Thread

Postby White935 » 18 Dec 2013, 13:07

Kang_Lun wrote:Open RP
Snip.

((I'll try my hand at this, do note that I've never done forum roleplay, only actual roleplay in games such as never winter nights, etc, so my apology if its quality is left wanting)).

-- introduction --

The rough group of vagabonds would be spreading about, thieves, robbers and outcasts formed the ranks of their group. Most wore light shabby clothing, and simple armaments, however their bodies told the tale of experience. scars had become a pride for the regular vagabond in their little outfit. The bandit group, or Xi's gang as nicknamed had come over information about a large caravan and its destination from a patrol guard whom often were so inclined to share bits of information as long as they offered a bit of the spoil in "tax".

Xi Yeshou ((follow link for a picture of how i imagine him)) sat idly on a rock watching a couple of his "lieutenant" as you could call them, bandits whom had survived for a long enough period to gain some measure of leadership capabilities. As they were sitting and making the final preparations discussion arose. The caravan in question was moving through a thick forest, where the the left side was elevated, leaving down a slope to the road, while the right was flat terrain.
So, you've all understood the plan correct? Xi Yeshou would comment to his four "lieutenants" Yeah, don't worry about that boss, we our little present all wrapped up and prepared. one of them would comment before nodding.

The bandits would start spreading out, preparing their trap for the Caravan, as bows spears and sword were handed out, the bandits rounding up to a good number of slightly more than sixty in numbers, a large band for bandits, however hardly a match for the caravan in a head on fight, however the plan would hopefully even those odds.

-- The Plan --

As the caravan would turn into the road, the left side showing a elevation to some hills, forming a slope down onto the road, while the right side was flat terrain. However while the area was heavily populated by trees, certain areas towards the slope seems void of any trees, strangely enough. Suddenly, as the caravan moves ahead, a band of perhaps forty fifty men would be seen blocking the road of the caravan, armed with shabby spears and wearing normal cloths citizens or merchants may have worn. They would suddenly start charging the front row of the caravan with their spears prepared, however their expressions are one of fear rather than battlelust.

-- OOC info --
As I'm new to forum role-play, i figure I'd clarify Xi's actions and the plan, where you may choose what your character would notice, seeing as he appears to be of the intellectual type, he'd most likely see through Xi's clever but rather simple ploy, although again, simple is the only ploy Xi can play, due to the fact that hes commanding bandits, after all elegant ploys require disciplined men :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Slope/hill (forest) | Bandit-Spearmen (road) | Flat forest terrain |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Slope/hill (forest) | Caravan (road) | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (missing forest) | Caravan (road) | Flat forest terrain |

Xi's gathered up villages and merchants from previous raids, and armed with spears, while using coercing and threats to force those peasants to take up arms for the bandits, their not fighting of their own choice, Xi also has threatened with archers, whom will shoot any of them who attempt to flee the scene, or disengage from the fight.

Xi's Gathered his sixty or so men on the left slope using primary archers and swordsmen, the archers will be the primary tool after he's executed his plan, before he'd send the swordsmen down to attempt to " finish off" the caravan. He's cut down the forest on the left, and is planning to drop rolling logs from the slope down into the caravan, once the "fodder" spear-men halts the caravan. Your character might find it strange, that in the middle of a forest, there's a clearing where the trees as missing, closer inspect might see that some of the trees been chopped down to create this artificial clearing. He might also notice that the spear-men at the front is hardly keen on fighting as well.

OOC comment: again, my first time at trying to do role-play at a forum, my apology for my shabby attempt :)
White935
Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Bradums » 18 Dec 2013, 14:38

Alfred wrote:@Bradums
An old man walks thru the garden, his beard is long and unkept, his robes are dirty, disheveled and stained from to long on the road, he carries on his shoulder a stout wooden pole, nailed to the top of which is a flat board with the words "Repent ye sinners of an Angry god!"
As he nears the two men he begins to rant
"Repent ye sinners! The end times are nigh! The mandate given man by the ruler of Heaven to test mans righteousness has been made mockery in this land! Even now the lords of Heaven ready their hosts for the scouring of the world! Man is no longer fit to ruler over beast! Feel the cold north wind, feel the chill of the coming winter, the chill of mans impending doom! Repent before the lords of heaven, that your immortal spurt might be spared THEIR final wrath! You shall know Heaven has indeed called the end when the usuper makes off with his prize, and those foolish enough to claim Heavens Mandate are destroyed by their own ambition! The end is nigh oh people of Chen Liu, REPENT!"

At the wild ramblings of the old man, both men cast different gazes upon the stranger. The Southerner frowned and glared at the man as if he were some roving threat to be measured. The more scholarly-looking gentleman simply smiled with amused interest and watched, listening to the man's doomsday prophecy.

"This guy's crazy," the Southerner muttered, his eyes still fixed on the old man, "We should go somewhere else. He's...creeping me out."

Xinguang waved him off, casually shaking his head.

"He makes as much sense as the rest of the people here. More to his credit, since he didn't have the audacity to demand a position with the Court before going on about calamity and destruction," the young man noted with a slight chuckle.

Gesturing toward the man, he gave a polite bow from his seat, despite how informal the situation was - what with all the doomsday-ing and shouting of destruction at the hands of Heaven. "I am Jiang Xu zi Xinguang, sir. No one of any particular importance in Chen Liu. This is my friend, Zhao Yong zi Jianyou. If you don't mind, how would one repent to the Lords of Heaven? A sacrifice? An achieved goal in their name?"

While Jianyou insisted in his mind that his friend had to be joking, it was clear that Xinguang was rather interested in what the man had to say - lunatic or not.
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby Alfred » 19 Dec 2013, 00:56

Bradums wrote:
At the wild ramblings of the old man, both men cast different gazes upon the stranger. The Southerner frowned and glared at the man as if he were some roving threat to be measured. The more scholarly-looking gentleman simply smiled with amused interest and watched, listening to the man's doomsday prophecy.

"This guy's crazy," the Southerner muttered, his eyes still fixed on the old man, "We should go somewhere else. He's...creeping me out."

Xinguang waved him off, casually shaking his head.

"He makes as much sense as the rest of the people here. More to his credit, since he didn't have the audacity to demand a position with the Court before going on about calamity and destruction," the young man noted with a slight chuckle.

Gesturing toward the man, he gave a polite bow from his seat, despite how informal the situation was - what with all the doomsday-ing and shouting of destruction at the hands of Heaven. "I am Jiang Xu zi Xinguang, sir. No one of any particular importance in Chen Liu. This is my friend, Zhao Yong zi Jianyou. If you don't mind, how would one repent to the Lords of Heaven? A sacrifice? An achieved goal in their name?"

While Jianyou insisted in his mind that his friend had to be joking, it was clear that Xinguang was rather interested in what the man had to say - lunatic or not.

The man adopts of look of supreme surprise, before continuing
"Ha, you young ones must find the end times funny, eh? To ask so stupid a question! Any fool with eyes to see and a mind to think knows already how to make amends with the Great Celestial Lords! Live as the mandate demands, seek not what is the providence of your betters, and respect your elders!"
Looking around to see if anyone is watching the man leans in and whispers conspiratorially to the gentlemen
"And badgers. The Great Heavenly Lords remand Badgers rule the lands! Look at the names of the first holders of the Mandate and its clear as day they were Badgers, but over the years the great and noble badger has been supplanted from his rightful place as ruler of mankind and now is relegated to the position of little better then vermin. But you must keep this in the strictest confidence young man, else those who wish the truth not be known and the dominion of man fall will seek your life as surely as they have sought mine."
At that he turns slightly and shows you a rip in his robe just inside his armpit
"See? They almost got me once while I was passing thru the city or Ye telling the people of their fate. Assassins sent to silence my truth!"
Targeting Chen Ping, cause Coon Mario is EVIL!!!!
Alfred
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: The Road, again

Postby Kang_Lun » 19 Dec 2013, 10:15

White935 wrote:
Snip.

Snip.

OOC: No problamo broski. We all start somewhere. I actually started with this site myself xD. I think. Idk. Four years ago is when I started. Idk. lol. And you did pretty good. Hope this is a decent response. This caravan is about to take some heavy casualties.

Something was amiss. There was a murmur from the crowd ahead of Kang. He lowered his cowl and slipped the bow out from behind him. He went through the motions that were drilled into him were like clockwork, he strung his bow by bending it in a special stirrup he crafted into the saddle, pulled the line tight and fastened it. After that his hand went to his quiver which lay beside him. Smoothly he drew an arrow and readied it, unsure of what was going on.

He whisked his horse to the front in a semi-fast canter. It didn't take long for Lun to notice why everyone was whispering to themselves. As they had turned the bend, they had come across a cluster of trees that had been cut down. The men stood to themselves, unsure of what to do. Suspicions began to rise within Kang. His eyes scanned the cut down trees, and he could tell that they had been cut down recently. The grass underneath was not thriving, there were no small trees growing, and no shrubbery.

The caravan, however, stopped only for a moment before proceeding onward. But Kang Lun stayed as the caravan passed on. He scanned left and right through the trees, hoping to spot something amiss, something out of place. Something isn't right here... That was when the caravan was halted again. Loud voices were heard from the front of the caravan and Kang Lun sped there.

When he reached the head of the column, he saw men, ragged and poorly equipped blocking the caravan. A paltry sum of men, possibly fifty or less, stood before him with spears. They charged yelling loudly, but Kang Lun noticed that these men were not warriors. Nor were they even truly bandits. To him they looked more like scared militia. And in that moment, Kang Lun understood. He ran towards the rear of the caravan and yelled, "SPREAD THE CARAVAN! THE TREES! SPREAD THE CARAVAN!" His voice boomed loud over the fighting and many men looked at him.

Kang Lun looked up the slope once more and noticed something. Men. Upon the slope now, and with logs. He screamed for the caravan to spread louder and yelled for everyone to run to the safety of the trees. He pointed and shouted at the men on the slope. He nocked an arrow smoothly and fired, a deep hum from the bow was emitted as the arrow flew. He heard a resounding thud, as the arrow lodged itself in one of the logs. He grimaced. He knew they would have to have archers. And he knew that this caravan was nothing but trouble.
V6: Kang Lun
V5: A Chi Lang
Anyone wanna make V6 relations with my next character? PM if you do!
Kang_Lun
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Coco Pebbles

Postby White935 » 19 Dec 2013, 12:00

Kang_Lun wrote:
White935 wrote:
Snip.

Snip.

snip

ooc: alright, good to hear I'm capable of entertaining' at least :)

-- Chaos --

Xi Yeshou would idly stand next to the logs, watching the caravan while crouched and trying to stay out of sight, watching the caravan move down below. As the caravan momentarily halts to study the artificial clearing he'd scan the countless heads passing by, before spotting a single figure who'd stop and continue to observe, while the caravan moves on ahead, Xi's comment in a low tone; Looks like there's someone among them with a proper head on their shoulders, damn, lets hope he doesn't pick up on our little ploy until its to late, if our little distraction diverts his attention.. hmmm, yes. Xi would let of a light chuckle, as he'd continue to observe the caravan, one, two, three ... seven wagons, hm, things was indeed going as planned.. for now.
Suddenly the roar from in front of the caravan was heard, as another grin would show on Xi's face, as Kang Lun moved to the front of the caravan, a light comment being made; Looks like our distraction worked. Xi lightly nods to himself before lifting a arm; Boys, start rolling the logs into position, its time to crush these fo- Xi would stop mid sentence as a arrow flies into the log which he was crouching next to, as he'd grit his teeth: That one's dangerous Xi would note down in his mind.

-- The battle begins --

Xi Yeshou would lift his hand, and wave once, as the bandits would push the logs over the slope, until gravity would do the rest of the work, the logs numbering 4 were long and thick, which they'd roll down one after another. As the first log would start rolling down, Xi would make another chuckle as he'd lift his arm once more; give em a rainy day boys! Xi would shout, as all of the bandits aside from the handful assigned to pushing the logs would raise their bows, and start firing down into the caravan, obviously Xi plans to weaken them sufficiently before risking sending his own men down there, the archers weren't skilled, but this wasn't a archery contest, as long there were arrows flying down there, it would surely hit something, even their own " allies" to the front, but they were expendable anyway. Xi was known for his kindness and reliability, but also his cruelty for anyone not considered as his allies.

As the battle unfolds Xi would keep his eyes peeled for the crowd below, attempting to locate and study Kan Lun, if there was a person down there would be trouble it would be him. hmm, perhaps even capture him, if he's talented, perhaps capturing him would be more beneficial. these thoughts randomly crosses xi's mind as he'd keep trying to analyze the progress of the battle, and preparing for his next move.

Your turn, let's see how you counter this eh ? Xi would comment silently while watching the caravan below.

-- ooc information --

Xi's Currently deployed the logs, numbering 4 which will roll randomly into the middle of the caravan, if successful. Xi's also armed all of his own men with a bow, however none of them are "experienced" archers, so their firing in random volleys, using the numbers of their own ,and the numbers of their targets to compensate, big target's harder to miss after all, note the spear men in front might be under archery fire as well, Xi's has little concerned for them as he considers them expendable.

situation map

| Slope/hill (forest) 15 bandits | Caravan (road) | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (Log Ploy) Xi, 30 bandits | Caravan (road) | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (forest) 15 bandits | Caravan (road) | Flat forest terrain |
Xi's future plans

Xi plans to after having sufficiently weakened the caravan by archery, either attack the front or the back of the caravan, depending on the situation. He'll attempting to use the blockading logs in the middle to separate their forces, so he can fight the remaining caravan guards in two separate fights. He'll try to avoid spreading out and fighting the caravan guards head on, so he'll merge with either the 15 bandits on the top or bottom, and charge down, leading the attack himself naturally.

Alternative action of Xi;
The plan might change depending on Kang lun's actions however, hes trying to keep a keen eye on the only individual he's seen taking notice of his trap, so if Kang lun gathers the caravan guards or not he'll go for a outright fight, combining all of his men to take him on before Kan Lun negates the confusion, as Xi's general focus on this ploy is to keep the confusion high, fear, panic and confusion reduces the combat efficiently of the enemy.

Notes: The average caravan guard as probably superior to a bandit in all forms of combat, aside from probably a handful experienced bandits, seeing as they have formal training i presume?

OOC Comment: hope this is enjoyable, am feeling a bit insecure about forum role-play ^^ but your response was highly enjoyable, no doubt about that.
White935
Officer

Postby Kang_Lun » 19 Dec 2013, 13:27

White935 wrote:Super snip snippy snipperu!

Kang Lun felt dread fill his body as he saw the logs fall and arrows rain down from the sky. Screaming loudly once more, "TO THE TREES YOU FOOLS!" He bellowed loudly, jolting several men to fly into the trees. Kang Lun raced towards the coach and ripped open the door. In it sat a lady of intense beauty, her eyes wide with alarm. Kang Lun cursed to himself, he couldn't deal with this s*** right now. He yanked the woman out of the coach and onto his horse rapidly, and spun and raced into the forest just as a log smashed the coach, taking down many men and demolishing some of the wagons.

He felt the woman's arms around him tighten and he growled. He stopped near a tree and pointed towards a branch, "There. In the tree. Now. I'll come back for you." He helped her up the tree and immediately set off again, leaving his horse behind and rallying men he saw, "With me! We'll take them at their own game!" He growled quietly. He knew that there wasn't many men with the bandits, but the surprise tactic had worked wonders. Not only were multiple wagons destroyed, the majority of the two hundred men they had with them had either perished or were fighting a losing battle.

Kang Lun stealthily led his men through the trees back to the battlefield. As he reached the edge he motioned his men to stay hidden behind the trees. Quietly and stealthily he surveyed the damage. Four of the wagons were demolished, the caravan guards completely in disarray. The damage however, as he noticed, wasn't as heavy as he initially thought. Only the men who stood within the clearing were completely wiped out. But the wreckage in between the front and rear of the caravan was almost impassable except through the forest.

Damn this bandit. He's no ordinary one... His eyes scanned back up the slope where he spotted the men. He couldn't tell which one was the leader but he waited. Take the head of the leader and they should collapse, all bandits work that way. He grimaced to himself, this wasn't looking good for the caravan. However he slowed his breathing and closed his eyes, putting his back against the tree and his bow ready in his hand. He heard the yelling and screaming from the battle, but detached himself. Emotions would do no good in this fight.

Fear subsided and a calm assurance filled him. He opened his eyes and noticed a couple of the guards looking at him expectantly, he only shook his head and put his finger to his lips. It was time to stay out of sight and quiet. He would beat this bandit at his own game. A small smile broke his lips as he remembered his own rough past and he touched the scar upon his face. Come, Bandit. Your move.

OOC: Taking this little map thingy you made xD

situation map

| Slope/hill (forest) 15 bandits | Caravan (road) 20 Guards | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (Log Ploy) Xi, 30 bandits | Caravan (road) 0 Guards | Flat forest terrain Kang Lun, 20 Guards (hiding behind trees) |
| Slope/hill (forest) 15 bandits | Caravan (road) 25 Guards | Flat forest terrain |

OOC: Right now Kang Lun is hiding in the trees, using them as cover from the bandits. He's waiting on the men who were up on the slope to come down. The vanguard is fighting the spearmen and the bandits, but being completely disorganized, are taking heavy casualties. The rear guard, being warned by Kang Lun, have now rallied together under a captain. They are faring moderately better than the vanguard, but only just better. As far as your men should be concerned, the guards just fled. However you discern whatever you like.
Kang_Lun
Veteran Officer

Postby White935 » 19 Dec 2013, 15:13

Kang_Lun wrote:

Snappy snap snapper

-- The decision --
Xi would grin widely as he'd watch the logs make havoc on the middle of the caravan, while the arrows would be raining down on the confused caravan guards, one dropping after another; So far so good. He'd note to himself before looking around. Where did the individual he'd been observing earlier go (Kang Lun), did he get hit by the logs, or did he flee with the survivors of the mid section, like a coward? Hmm. Xi would be pondering for a moment, before coming to the fact that he could not speculate future, any delay in his decision making would surely cause harm to his tactics; A decisions, yes this i can do. Xi would nod to himself confirming his own plans as he'd raise his arm and yell for the guys to get ready to move, their moving to the rear to finish off the unit, that captain was stabilizing the rear, this he could permit. However the front was doing fine, so he'd send a runner to tell his own men at the front, and tell them to rally to him, the spear-men could fend for themselves; If they all died, so what?.. but yes he'd need to leave a handful of men to ensure the spear-men was reminded of what would happens if they fled.

-- The battle --
Xi would lead his men to the back of the convoy, 15 of his men already having joined combat with the remains of a rear guard, he'd make note of the officer still trying to direct the remaining men, his target found. Kill the head and the rest shall shortly follow suit. Xi would lead at the front, cutting down the nearest approaching caravan guard, brutally. He'd be sure to kill the the dying man slowly, letting the blood spill out, Xi knew how to use fear and intimidating; Watch and learn the fate that shall befall you all, Come!, come to your deaths! Xi would shout to the caravan guards, before laughing out loud, taking on the appearance as if their presence was but a nuisance. His brutal way of execution would hopefully leave the other guards to hesitate... and that would be their undoing.

situation map[/i]
| Slope/hill (forest) 5 bandits | 34 Civillian-Spearmen (road) | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (forest) | Caravan (road) 20 Guards | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (Log Ploy) 10 bandits (en route to Xi) | Wrecked Caravan (Unpassable) 0 Guards | Flat forest terrain Kang Lun, 20 Guards (hiding behind trees) |
| Slope/hill (forest) Xi, 45 bandits | Caravan (road) 25 Guards | Flat forest terrain |

OOC: Xi's believes Kang Lun has either fled, or died in the log ploy, however he's still slightly wary about splitting up and fighting two battles at once, so he's using the most of the barricade the logs has formed, and plans to finish off the guards in the rear, before they manage to recover under the captains who's organizing them. He'd hoping to finish them off quickly then return to the vanguard before the civilians he'd coerced into fighting scatters, he left five men to be visible for the civilians in order to enforce the threat, as they might flee otherwise, threats or otherwise. (low moral on the civilian spear men, only maintained by the 5 men Xi's send to their side).

On the other end Xi's leading 30 men to join the 15 men who's charged down at the rear guard, while the remaining ten from top's en route but not yet arrived to the rear guard. Xi's hoping to overwhelming and swiftly eliminate the rear guard before their moral returns due to the effect of the officer. Xi's also present there, wearing slightly "finer" outfit than the rest of his bandits, so Kang Lun would be able to spot him among the crowd, also for the fact that Xi is making sure to brutally execute anyone he bests in a sword fight, in order to future intimidate the peers, the more they demonize him in their minds, the easier its for him to kill them, as fear causes hesitation.

ooc: Love your writing style, i need to learn to write more detailed on Xi's actions and behavior :P
White935
Officer

Postby Kang_Lun » 19 Dec 2013, 16:23

White935 wrote:
Kang_Lun wrote:

Snappy snap snapper

Yup, that's a cow alright.

OOC: There are people on this site who make me look like a fifth grader o.O i'm really not that good. Thanks tho :D

The captain screamed aloud, "TOGETHER! STAY TOGETHER! YOU FIGHT OR YOU DIE!" He was a seasoned man, he knew that if they let terror run them, that they would easily be wiped out. He also knew that these bandits, save a few, did not fight true hardened enemies often, and were no match for hard disciplined soldiers. Regardless, he pulled his band together and yelled, "Together men! We are more than these pathetic bandits!"

Kang Lun smiled slightly to himself, he knew that the captain could hold them off for a few moments. But the vanguard was splintering. Despite that, he noticed that the spearmen in the front didn't seem to want to fight, being goaded by a few other men. Kang Lun turned to his men and pointed, and quietly they crept towards the vanguard. As the guards were taking casualties he casually pulled out another arrow, calmly nocked it, and aimed towards one of the men pushing the spearmen to fight. The muscles in his back tensed and he released, once more the hum of the bowstring filled his ears.

The arrow found its mark. It ripped through the bandit's throat, instantly ceasing all combat in the area for a moment. Guards and bandits alike looked to where the arrow had flown from. Only a few moments later another arrow embedded itself in another bandit. Kang Lun smiled grimly. Kang Lun's men charged from out of the forest, screaming bloody murder as they charged the bandits assaulting the vanguard. Kang Lun himself nocked another arrow, and took down another bandit.

The vanguard, realizing that reinforcements had come, fought with a renewed vigor. Now, bolstered by Kang Lun and his men, the momentum shifted as they rushed towards the ill-equipped spearmen and the few bandits. Immediately Kang Lun saw results. The vanguard had quickly reorganized with him at their lead, and pushed back on the spearmen.

OOC: I hope you don't mind me killing off some of those bandits. I'll just adjust troop numbers to what I hope is reasonable xD correct me if its not cool.

situation map[/i]
| Slope/hill (forest) 3 bandits | 30 Civillian-Spearmen (road) | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (forest) | Caravan (road) 17 Guards Kang Lun, 20 Guards | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (Log Ploy) | Wrecked Caravan (Unpassable) 0 Guards | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (forest) Xi, 51 bandits | Caravan (road) Captain, 21 Guards | Flat forest terrain |

More OOC: Noting that the captain had established control of the rearguard, he decided to aid the vanguard, noting that the spearmen were wavering in their fighting. He picked off a couple of the bandits forcing them to fight in a hope to have them scatter, and led his men from the forest to help them. Hoping that the sudden appearance of reinforcements would jolt the spearmen into running away, he plans to immediately to go through the forest immediately after, up the cleared slope, and back down to close in on Xi from behind. Once again, I hope the troop numbers I messed with is satisfactory :D
Kang_Lun
Veteran Officer

Postby White935 » 19 Dec 2013, 16:56

Kang_Lun wrote:
White935 wrote:Yup, that's a cow alright.

Cow Jummy

-- Desertion --
As the Bandits at the vanguard would fall one, after another to the arrows, and the renewed vigor of the Vanguard, would release a loud victorious cheer, the moral of the civilian spear men would only fall even future. slowly but surely they'd start backing away while still exchanging blows, before some would start running, then more would follow suit. 2 of the remaining bandits would immediately start dashing for the hills, obviously fleeing in a attempt to reach Xi, while the third would be struck down by a guard in his attempt to flee, the civilian spear men either being dispatched or managing to flee the scene as the guards gains an overwhelming momentum.

-- Turning point --
As Xi sliced another guard's throat open, letting the corpse drop at his feet, he's momentarily turn towards his left, hearing the renewed cheer and vigor from the vanguard; Has the spear-men outlived their usefulness already? Xi considered, before realizing if this was true, his position was obviously bad, especially if the remaining guards from the vanguard would join the fight. He'd glance around, bandits and guards fighting each other at every corner. Xi would quickly wave over for some of his more experienced henchmen and point at the captain organizing the remaining guards as Xi would approach the Captain out front, after sending out his regular fodder of bandits to occupy the guards around him. their swords clashing, Xi was a decent swordsman, but so was the Captain, however after a couple of exchanges of swords, a Grin would cross Xi's face; You're good at fighting, but you seem to rely to much on yer fair fighthin' and yer orderly style o one man takes another. Xi would comment as the Captain would just realize Xi's intention before two blades, one from each of his henchmen would pierce his back, they'd circled and engaged the Captain while he Xi was using himself as a distraction. As the Captain hit the ground, Xi would turn around, trying to organize his own men to eliminate the remaining guards...while the guards moral would be shattering, a few guards trying to rally each other however unlike previously they now rallied into separate groups, instead of under only one leader.

ooc: feel free to correct me if the numbers seems off.

situation map
| Slope/hill (forest) |||||||||||| 9 Civillian-Spearmen(shattered/surrendered) (road) | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (forest) 1 bandits (fleeing towards xi) | Caravan (road) 15 Guards Kang Lun, 20 Guards | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (Log Ploy) 1 bandits (fleeing towards xi) | Wrecked Caravan (Unpassable) 0 Guards | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (forest) Xi, 42 bandits | Caravan (road), 14 Guards(no morale) | Flat forest terrain |

ooc; Xi is focused on eliminating the rear guard, and specifically targeted the captain, which would shatter their morale, however the guards would still be able to hold on for awhile longer, thou suffering heavy losses.

The vanguard bandits are fleeing in terror, as the civilians shattered, they've surrendered and are at Kang Lun's mercy, some fleed, some died, 9 are remaining behind and surrendered.
White935
Officer

Postby Kang_Lun » 20 Dec 2013, 14:28

White935 wrote:
Kang_Lun wrote:
White935 wrote:Yup, that's a cow alright.

Cow Jummy

Snap Crackle and Pop!

OOC: Not as good as my other posts. Really tired. Not feeling so hawt. But I'm trying xD

Kang Lun waved his hands at the 9 remaining bandits, "I can tell you are not bandits, come, join us and strike against those bastards who forced you to fight! Strike a blow against your oppressors!" Inwardly he smiled as he saw a couple of the men nod and pick up their spears once more, now ready to fight Xi's gang. Kang Lun's numbers, bolstered by the few civilians who had joined his side, rushed towards the cleared slope at high speed.

Kang Lun's thigh's burned, and his could feel the adrenaline start to fade. He knew that he would start to feel exhaustion soon. He only smiled grimly. Sheathing his sword, he brought up his bow once more, and positioned himself up the slope, where he could get a clear picture of the fighting below. His men rushed down to meet the bandits head on, clashing at them from behind, while the few guards remaining out of the vanguard fought valiantly.

Once more Kang Lun emptied all thoughts and emotions from his mind and heart. His breathing calmed, and he could see again. There was a man, obviously the leader, directing his bandits and doing the most brutal killings. This was the one he had to take out. Calmly, as if nothing else mattered, he leisurely slid out an arrow from his quiver, nocked the arrow, and aimed briefly. He let the arrow fly. The resounding twang was music to Kang Lun's ears, but in a split moment, another of the bandits had crossed the path, embedding in the bandit's head. Damnit... He cursed quietly to himself. Now he knew that the bandit leader would be on guard. He pulled out another arrow and began to pick off the bandits.
situation map
| Slope/hill (forest) | 6 Civillian-Spearmen(running) (road) | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (Log Ploy) Kang Lun (Picking off Bandits), 33 Guards, 3 Civilian Spearmen (En route to Xi) | Wrecked Caravan (Unpassable) 0 Guards | Flat forest terrain |
| Slope/hill (forest) Xi, 39 bandits | Caravan (road), 4 Guards(no morale) | Flat forest terrain |

OOC: The fighting no longer needs to be directed as Kang Lun now takes a spot upon the slope, picking off any bandits that he he sees. He tried to kill Xi, but was unable too. Expecting Xi to now stay out of sight of Kang, he began focusing any bandits who had bows and tried to fire back at him, as well as helping the rearguard. If any numbers seem off, feel free to correct dem braaah
Kang_Lun
Veteran Officer

Postby White935 » 20 Dec 2013, 15:56

White935 wrote:
Kang_Lun wrote:
Cow Jummy

snip

ooc: no worries, we got good days and bad days :P

-- A close call --
Just as Xi sliced another caravan guards throat, one of the vanguard bandits would've come running to Xi, shouting that trouble was coming, he'd glance around for a moment before nodding to the bandit, Xi biting his lips, and knitting his fists rage overwhelmed him for a moment as he'd direct another bandit to kill off another guard that tried to surrender...Zhou's dead then.... f**k, How did my strategy get countered, there shouldn't been any competent enough to turn this arou... Xi would stop in the middle of his thinking, a bandit would stare blankly at him, pale eyes... and ..arrow sticking out of his head, before the bandit would drop to the ground. Before a single though of instinct Aside from him Xi would growl, before moving to the side ensuring more bandits stand between him and the direction of the archer... this wasn't going according to plan...caravan guards were charging from the trees...
trouble indeed.

-- A decision made --
Should he fight?, No those guards were well trained, their moral was restored, and they had if Xi's instinct was right, a competent leader. The numbers did not add up, no matter how Xi envisioned fighting them, it would end up in his defeat. Xi would quickly shout out loud to everyone; We're pullin out ! grab what ya can, and follow the plan, you all know it, so stick to it! Xi would immediately grab a random sack from one of the caravans, then start darting into the forest, he knew, his bandits would be faster than the caravan guards who adorned long blades and heavy armor. Retreat would be the best option indeed, he thought to himself, as he'd keep running through the trees.

-- A fated meeting --
As Xi would be dashing through the woods, a handful of his men following him in escort. his men has all spread out and planned to reunite at their own turf, a tactic they often employed to lure trackers and pursuers off their trail.
Damn, this definitely didn't go as planned, but we got away alright, our casualties... acceptable.. and we did get some loot, although hardly enough to compe.. Xi suddenly stopped, he hear a whimper, and sounds coming from one of the trees? ..strange, Xi would peek up, only to spot a unparallelled beauty, clinging onto the tree, while sitting at a branch... since when did beautiful women start growing on trees?

Xi would eventually coerce the woman to come down, and would bring her with him on his retreat, he'd noticed her fine clothing, and presumed her a aristocrat who might be worth a lot of money in a ransom, besides if it don't pan out... she is beautiful after all. Xi would grin while thinking on the next thoughts that many men in his position would.

OOC: Xi would flee towards the forest, having his guys grab anything they could from the wreck/caravans, and splitting up, relying on the bandits having less to carry in terms of armor and equipment, they've also been in battle for a lesser period of time, so they shouldn't be as exhausted as Kang Lun and his men, he hopes to make his escape back to his home turf.

On the way he'd encounter the Mysterious beauty Kang Lun saved, and decided on a whim to take her along back, thinking her a regular upper class citizen he might ransom later, in the meantime he'll treat her well.

Kang Lun would find 2 servants hiding under a wreck, serving the mysterious beauty he'd rescued previously.

ooc: hope the numbers and conclusion of this is to your satisfaction and hope for a follow up scene :)

Situation statistics:

Bandit side Survivors:
Xi
26 Bandits.

Caravan survivors:
Kang Lun
35 Caravan guards
3 civilian spear men (currently loyal to Kang Lun).
33 horses.
1 ox

Civilian survivors:
Mysterious beauty (Kidnapped by Xi)
6 civilian spear-men
2 servants (servants of the mysterious beauty, found under one of the wrecks in hiding).
Last edited by White935 on 07 Jun 2014, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
White935
Officer

Postby Xuang Ren » 22 Dec 2013, 01:41

Jaerdean wrote:The dwarf shrugged at the description. He thought he could tackle some of the issues, one-by-one, but all together, well, he would need more experience or perhaps to have been there. He knew of a few easy ways to go through a terribly rough wall. It took time, days, perhaps weeks, but he could do it. The trench may have been an aid to that as well.

"There's always solutions if you look at them a certain way. That trench for instance, depending on how far from the wall it was, could be your best friend. Just start a fair distance away, with a large pavilion tent to cover, if there wasn't anything else. You could dig down, then toward the trench, fortifying the tunnel as you went.

"Hit the trench, ladder your way down into it, and up to the height you wish, and make three or four tunnels close together, but fortified by wood, you understand. Dig under the wall, only about thirty or forty meters beyond, and breach. Now, the breach isn't to supply an opening for troops, no, that'd be too dangerous, and would leave a bottleneck kill-zone the likes of which your enemy would bless you for. But before breaching, soak the timber used to support the tunnels in oil, coat the ground within the tunnels with it, and then flee back.

"Keep in mind, the tunnels should be rather shallow in the first place. Flee to the other side of the trench and throw torches into the tunnel openings. The wind howling through the tunnels would send the flames searing through, aided by the oil. The smoke entering the city would blind the enemy, while the collapsed tunnels, right next to each other, would surely bring down the wall, allowing for a larger gap for an army to enter.

"As to the archers and streets, perhaps flames would help clear the streets there as well, or perhaps armor. That is not my strong point though. But never underestimate the power of a shovel and nature on your side."

After downing his last cup of wine, Huo slammed the cup on the table. "Hehehe, you are quite good. That was exactly what we did, after a couple of days trying to charge through the booby trap filled houses. The wall was breached on the other side before we manages to anything with the tunnel. If only we have someone like you, maybe we should not have wasted so many rabbles."

He picked up his then-a-spear walking stick, and put it on the table, "Now about that sword..."
Pre-game: Su Hong
Xuang Ren
Experienced Officer

Kingdom: Free

Postby Jaerdean » 26 Dec 2013, 22:48

Xuang Ren wrote:After downing his last cup of wine, Huo slammed the cup on the table. "Hehehe, you are quite good. That was exactly what we did, after a couple of days trying to charge through the booby trap filled houses. The wall was breached on the other side before we manages to anything with the tunnel. If only we have someone like you, maybe we should not have wasted so many rabbles."

He picked up his then-a-spear walking stick, and put it on the table, "Now about that sword..."

The dwarf grinned. "Oh, aye, I do owe you that. Just, it's down the street in my workshop. Just down the road."

He hailed the demure serving girl moving around the tables swiftly with lowered head. "Here is more than enough to pay for my tab, and thank you, and thank your lady for the food and drink," the dwarf said.

He turned to his new 'friend' and said,
"Shall we?"
v6 Yue Bao zi Kong
Statting: 42-89-82-32-32 Alchemist; Invent; Medic; Mystic

"Hey, you sass that hoopy Yindun Zhe? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
Jaerdean
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Postby grenmoyo » 17 Feb 2014, 17:34

OOC: This is an open RP

At Ye

Gao Cong was walking along the boisterous city of Ye, a city filled with both a booming economy but more important to Cong, a noted city of intelligence. Her father Gao Liang an imperial minister, she was born in the city of Chang An in 166 AD. Her father, during the Yellow turban uprising, enforced Gao to go on an intellectual pilgrimage. Where she could learn more about the world she lived and meet and debate with some of the brightest minds.
From her father she had already learned what it meant to be a great minister and aced the imperial competence exam which originally put her on the spotlight for several feudal families to put in their personal council. But her hermitage she promised her father prevented them, however she continues to watch the China ensue into chaos, particularly after her father's death during the Yellow Turban revolt.

Her radiance was like a plum tree in full bloom, the sun's rays passing through her hair like the delicate peddles. Her fragrance akin the the sweet smell of wine able to drive any man wild. As she walked into a large restaurant she sat with her uncle. The man that swore a blood oath to protect he's friends daughter till death. They ate in silence watching a Weiqi match unfold by them. The man winning wasn't all that proper looking and was probably of not of any noble standing. But She watched him regardless.
The man laid down his last piece and the other man looked at him in complete horror. "HA....Pay up!!! You owe me 600 gold!" The man paid and walked off completely ruined.
"Mistress Cong, You should probably see if you can beat him, he seems like a match for you...." piped up her guard. Gao smirked threw her cup of tea.
"Indeed, a cheater would be hard to beat...." "HAHAHAHA WHO'S NEXT!? I'll TAKE ANYONE ON!" shouted the drunken man as she got up elegantly walking over to the table with her uncle who clenched his sword tightly just in case. "What?! I'm resorted to play a woman. Aren't you supposed to be cooking dinner for your husband or somethin'!?" He spat, his breath reeking of wine.
She smiled knocking her head laughing like a ditz. "Yeah i guess, I think i got lost on my way to the market, but i just heard all the commotion so i thought i could check this place out, is this a game?" she sat down to which he spat again, "HEY....THIS IS A HIGH STAKES GAME!" Her uncle reached into his pocket which he pulled out 1000 gold. "would this get her in?" The drunken player drooled at the money put in front of him which he quickly gathered himself and set up the board saying "well then i guess this is a pleasant surprise. I must say you are rather beautiful woman, you must be very wealthy throwing away 1000 gold like this." The game commenced.

"Sorry but this is the first time i ever played," giggled Cong "But if i put this piece here that means i....win...right?" The game was short lived in terms of Weiqi and the man sat there teary eyed biting at his shirt to keep him from screaming in rage. "Y-yes.....yes you win."
"YAY!" she exclaimed as she picked up her cash. As they got up to leave the man shouted out. "Wait!" causing both of them to turn to face the livid drunk. "YOU AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!" He charged the two with a sword but was swiftly dodged by her uncle and the two dueled out but three more thugs were teamed up against him in which he was overcome. They stabbed him repeatedly until he stopped moving. His last words to Cong were, "D***it Cong, RUN!" Tears streaming down her face she scrambled out the door where the other men gave chase.

Tripping on herself the men eventually caught up to her, where she was surrounded. "She's a catch, Peng. What'cha think we should do?" They continued to chuckle. "Oh, I have Ideas..." The only thing she could do was just lie there with the repeated thought Please...someone help me...please.....!
V6: Gao Cong(高聰) zi: Wei Gongchengshi (威工程師) age 23
pol,int,cha,lead,war
developer/tactician
Skills: Invent, Navy(e), Civil Engineer, Siege Craft, Tactician
grenmoyo
Officer

Kingdom: Kingdom of Guzheng

Postby Tzarzael » 27 Feb 2014, 22:01

Tripping on herself the men eventually caught up to her, where she was surrounded. "She's a catch, Peng. What'cha think we should do?" They continued to chuckle. "Oh, I have Ideas..." The only thing she could do was just lie there with the repeated thought Please...someone help me...please.....!

They were interrupted by a loud, percussive belch. As everyone looked over, there was a man who was a little farther down the alley way. The newcomer looked to be in his late 20's or early 30's and probably had not showered for a while. His long hair showed a couple tangles as it fell behind him and he had a distinctly northerner look to his features. He was lazily leaning against the building holding a large clay jar with a narrow top and took a drink out of it. A few drops of wine spilled down onto his dusty, worn shirt. His pants weren't any better off and his clothes, if they used to have color, had faded to a dusty greyish brown. A careful observer would notice that his boots looked like they were in good repair.

However, it did not take a careful observer to notice the spear point jutting up over his shoulder. The polished metal glistened slightly in the light. In the brief moment where no one quite knew what to say the stranger, while taking another drink, pulled his spear out from where it was strapped to his back. He tilted his head to his right and turned it a bit as his neck gave a loud crack. Then, as he bent over to place his jar on the ground, he looked up at the group of men and the young woman they had surrounded with a new found focus in his eyes.

"This is a bad idea." His voice was only spoken just above a whisper but it carried well enough in the alleyway that everyone could just barely hear him. Slowly he straightened, re-counting the number of possible opponents he might have just picked a fight with while still holding his spear in one hand.
Tzarzael
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum