[Pre-game] General Roleplay Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

[Pre-game] General Roleplay Thread

Postby Aureal » 08 Oct 2012, 16:11

This thread is for general roleplay purposes for the V6 pre-game scenarios.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Re: [Pre-game] General Roleplay Thread

Postby JohannXIV » 16 Oct 2012, 03:30

Tian Shui
The scout stood silently waiting to see how the warlord would respond the message he carried. Given the urgency with which he was commanded, the horseman feared for his life as the lord read the message a third time. He realized that he was interrupting the lord's evening recreation, and the chimes and drums had be silenced the moment Han Sui broke the seal to read the report. Still the warlord sits motionless save his eyes which scrutinize the letter carefully. The messenger is close enough to smell the horse sweat and oiled leather which emanate from Warlord Han even when draped in silks.

Warlord Han reads the message a fourth time, and messenger wonders if he had told his mother that he loved her often enough. Slowly, working one finger at a time, Han Sui crumples the dry scroll in his left fist until it is a compacted ball clenched tightly. Reaching up with his right hand, Han Sui smooths down the corners of this mustache, momentarily hiding the corners of his mouth. The entire room watches him, intent on his next move. As his hand pulls away from his mustache a raucous laugh booms from the war lord. For a moment it is the only sound in the room and it bounces dangerously around the rafters. A few retainers titter nervously at their lord's sudden boisterous laughter.

"That horse milk drinking fool in Wu Wei sends his nemesis Han Sui a gift!" he says, laughing still. "General Pang De, I cannot offer you the warm glow of glory, only the cold comfort of duty. Gather up a full compliment of Qiang riders, and set out at once. Ma Teng sends his eldest son, Chao to do battle against the might of Tian Shui. Remind the boy he is not yet a man, and that ransom will not be an option when your force swats his little expedition aside." With a languid back-handed toss, Han Sui sends the wadded message sailing across the room at Pang De. The general silently catches it as he rises.
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby Strategist » 23 Oct 2012, 04:03

Tian Shui

Xie Zhang observed the scene with barely concealed joy. It seemed his master Han Sui was finally at war- finally he could recieve a command and begining winning power and glory! By his own reckoning, despite his status as a mere infantry captain he had the skills necessary for greatness- now he had a chance to prove it.

He walked up to Pang De modestly, and gave a brief bow. Xie Zhang KNEW he was great, but that was no reason to be an idiot and act like it. He could be proud to the world when he'd earned it...

"Sir, a word? I have a request."
Last edited by Strategist on 24 Oct 2012, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
Embarassingly enough, forgot my SoSZ password.
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Han Sui

Postby King Tao » 23 Oct 2012, 19:05

Jiangzhou

A few weeks of travel and the young scion of the Jia Clan finally reached his destination in Jiangzhou with just a handful of other travelers, a couple friends of his he met along his travels who were also seeking to join Gan Ning in Jiangzhou. Dressed in a leather curiass and leggings under a worn and slightly tattered green traveler's cloak, the young Jia Shang waited with his friends to finally join Gan Ning's forces/ After a few moments of speaking to some of the minor officers in charge of screening new recruits, Jia Shang was finally a member of Gan Ning's forces and he had accomplished what he set out to do. Leaving his friends to their own devices, Jia Shang marched off into a nice secluded area and set down a long item that had been wrapped under some brown cloths to reveal a dao, one that Shang had crafted himself shortly before leaving on his journey to seek out and join Gan Ning. Holding his dao up to get a good look at it while the young soldier smiled proudly at his hard work before lowering it and securing the dao as he returned to the camp to familiarize himself with his new comrades.

(Open RP)
Kung Huang 45-35-70-87-81^ | Skills: Charming, Fortunate, Negotiator, Networking (e), Scribe

v4: Kung Tao
v5: Kung Tai
<Syn> Fear the Mighty Plushy named KingTao!
King Tao
Really Old Officer

Kingdom: Wonderland

Postby Strategist » 24 Oct 2012, 08:52

IC:
Jiangzhou

A young warrior swung his sword furiously, slowly slicing the practice dummy in front of him into little pieces. Though he did his best to control it, anyone perceptive would see that he had a lot of internal frustration.

Patriarch Xie Hui was dead. Now the two self-proclaimed heads of the family, Xie Zhen and Xie Zhang, faced off.

"It is the custom that the elder should rule the family! The will of an senile old man changes nothing!"
"Our father has favored me for years now! I know how to keep our family safe- unlike you, traitor!"

Several facts, such as the fact that they were both traitors to the Han and their father's dying request to support it, were ignored. More suprisingly to those who knew them, Xie Zhang had cast off his typical ass-kissing of superiors and downright ignored the impotent official pleading with them to stop the fight.

"I am the rightful head of the family!" exclaimed Xie Zhen. Not quite as furious as Xie Zhang, something told him at the back of his mind that this was a bad idea for all sorts of reasons- however, he ignored that. "I WILL bring you to justice!"

Zhen tried to strike rapidly, hoping to overwhelm Zhang quickly- Zhang countered the blows expertly and counterattacked, sucessfully cutting through Zhen's armour to do so. Zhen focused carefully, hoping to deal a severe blow to Zhang's leg and at least keep him escaping. Zhang, however, saw the look in Zhen's eyes and blocked the strike again, following up with a hit to the same wound. Finally, Zhang counterattacked with a focused strike to Zhen's leg. Xie Zhen keeled over in pain.

"Brother, listen to me..."

"I have nothing to listen to!". Xie Zhang began to walk off.

Xie Zhen began to fall into unconsciousness. "Traitors... meet.... bad... ends..."

Launching a theoretically well-considered but rather poorly thought out "finishing blow" against the dummy, Xie Zhen triped over and collapsed. Zhen's right leg had recovered somewhat since his fight, but he was still supporting himself primarily on his left. Zhen decided enough was enough, and gave up practice for the time being.

A few minutes later, he stumbled into the secluded area where Jia Shang happened to be sitting, seeing fit to collapse as he did so. "Hi. Name's Xie Zhen," he remarked from the floor.

OOC:
Apologies if I'm using too long a flashback here.
Last edited by Strategist on 26 Oct 2012, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Postby King Tao » 24 Oct 2012, 23:20

Jia Shang examined Xie Zhen after he approached and said, "Typically when one sits by himself, one wishes to be left alone. However," Jia Shang raised himself off of the ground and continued, "This man has finished his actions that demanded solitude and is ready to converse with others who would serve Lord Gan. You may call this man Guanjun, Xie Zhen." Looking around and then towards the camp of the soldiers, Jia Shang said, "The soldiers of Lord Gan shall prove a much more entertaining than a dialogue between two. Perhaps Lord Gan shall arrive to greet his new recruits." Jia Shang walked past Xie Zhen and paused for a moment to see if he would follow, continuing onwards regardless after a few seconds.
Kung Huang 45-35-70-87-81^ | Skills: Charming, Fortunate, Negotiator, Networking (e), Scribe

King Tao
Really Old Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 25 Oct 2012, 08:18

JohannXIV wrote:Tian Shui
The scout stood silently waiting to see how the warlord would respond the message he carried. Given the urgency with which he was commanded, the horseman feared for his life as the lord read the message a third time. He realized that he was interrupting the lord's evening recreation, and the chimes and drums had be silenced the moment Han Sui broke the seal to read the report. Still the warlord sits motionless save his eyes which scrutinize the letter carefully. The messenger is close enough to smell the horse sweat and oiled leather which emanate from Warlord Han even when draped in silks.

Warlord Han reads the message a fourth time, and messenger wonders if he had told his mother that he loved her often enough. Slowly, working one finger at a time, Han Sui crumples the dry scroll in his left fist until it is a compacted ball clenched tightly. Reaching up with his right hand, Han Sui smooths down the corners of this mustache, momentarily hiding the corners of his mouth. The entire room watches him, intent on his next move. As his hand pulls away from his mustache a raucous laugh booms from the war lord. For a moment it is the only sound in the room and it bounces dangerously around the rafters. A few retainers titter nervously at their lord's sudden boisterous laughter.

"That horse milk drinking fool in Wu Wei sends his nemesis Han Sui a gift!" he says, laughing still. "General Pang De, I cannot offer you the warm glow of glory, only the cold comfort of duty. Gather up a full compliment of Qiang riders, and set out at once. Ma Teng sends his eldest son, Chao to do battle against the might of Tian Shui. Remind the boy he is not yet a man, and that ransom will not be an option when your force swats his little expedition aside." With a languid back-handed toss, Han Sui sends the wadded message sailing across the room at Pang De. The general silently catches it as he rises.

"At once my lord."

The young moustached and bearded warrior had been enjoying the evening's entertainment but had, like everyone else, had quickly concentrated when a messenger came in. The youngster was disciplined enough not to enjoy himself too much during these troubled times so he was ready to take on the task as soon as he got into his armour and the horsemen were ready. He knew this was an opportunity to further his reputation in Liang but he felt no excitement in facing Ma Chao, it was merely his duty to aid his lord in bring down the wood-cutters.

As he bowed to his lord and walked towards the exit, his own retinue came towards him in preparation for his orders. Also at that moment came...

Strategist wrote:
He walked up to Pang De modestly, and gave a brief bow. Xie Zhang KNEW he was great, but that was no reason to be an idiot and act like it. He could be proud to the world when he'd earned it...

"Sir, a word? I have a request."

De stopped short, his hard eyes giving a quick once over of this stranger. On seeing it was a captain, Pang De nodded but continued walking.

"Fine captain but you will have to wait till my preparations are under way for I can not delay too long. Follow me!"

If Zhang followed Pang De and his small selection of guards and servants as De marched to his dormitory, the captain would be able to observe as the servants were dispatched to Pang De's quarters to get his equipment, including his horse, ready and another to get to the cavalry captains in Pang De's army. Pang De expected his troops to be ready quickly and likely there would be a lot of noise soon as soldiers rushed from the arms of their women or from their drinks to get ready and mounted in time. Pang De's guards continued to follow Zhang and Pang De to the officers rooms as did one of the guards.

"Come in captain, you can tell me your request while I get ready."

As if expecting it to happen without question, Pang De went straight on and began taking off his robe. The insides were as one would expect from an officer, well furnished with the comforts of home. There wasn't much in terms of decorations though and the most colourful thing in the room was the flowing blue turban Pang De was taking off. Servant scurried in with Pang De's armour, steel helm and other battle equipment.
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Strategist » 25 Oct 2012, 09:02

Jiang Zhou

Slowly but surely, Xie Zhen struggled to his feet. In his mind it was quite the effort given his injury- however the fact remained that by the time he was upright Jia Shang had left the room.

"H- hey! Wait for me!"

Zhen limped ahead, struggling to keep up with his fellow officer.

Tian Shui

Zhang followed Pang De calmly, being careful to keep his outward face of a loyal, completely patient subordinate who didn't care if Pang De took minutes or hours. It wasn't, Zhang persuaded himself, that he was an ass-kisser by nature- it's just that he showed people wanted they wanted to hear.

"General, Ma Chao may be the son of a great lord- but he is a child. If you fight him, you give him more respect than a child of his age deserves. If he defeats you, the Ma family gains great glory- if you defeat him, none will be surprised."

Zhang paused for breath, then continued.

"I am a mere infantry captain, not worthy of higher rank. But from what I have heard of this Ma Chao, I can defeat him in a duel given the chance. I do not believe I am a match for a great general such as yourself, but I am willing to face you as further proof I am sufficient for the task."

Zhang had considered drawing upon the family myth (in his father's biased version of the story, Xie Zhang's grandfather had been killed by troops of Ma Teng who remained unpunished. Given Zhang's father, he suspected the truth was somewhat different), but Pang De seemed too intelligent and too level-headed to take something like that into account.

"Finally, if I fail to defeat Ma Chao you may have my head- if I betray my General's trust, it is all I deserve."
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 25 Oct 2012, 13:24

Pang De listened as he dressed, getting himself ready for battle, his sword already hanging by his side as the last pieces of his steel armour was clicked into place. Pang De, not a man to rush these decisions, leant silence grow before shaking his head and putting on the helmet.

"Ma Chao may be young but he has been given an important role and I do not think Ma Teng would be foolish in his choice of officer. If we underestimate him, we run the risk of defeat so we must treat this battle carefully for, as you say, if I lose then we give them the advantage."

Pang De considered it for one more second then spoke firmly.

"I have been assigned this duty by our lord and it would be a dereliction of duty if I did not to carry out the orders myself."

Not being an unkind man, Pang De turned and patted the captain on the shoulder.

"If you wish to come with my cavalry then I won't say no, it may help your career."

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby King Tao » 25 Oct 2012, 18:37

Jiangzhou

Jia Shang waited as Xie Zhen caught up to him then he set back on course to head back to camp. "This man did not come here alone, for a few people both old friends and new accompanied him as he navigated his way down the rivers. Three left Wan, seven arrived here in Jiangzhou, Guanjun prominent among them." He motioned to himself elaborately while he looked around at the other soldiers and officers around and said, "Gan Xingba holds command here and this man would prefer to see the man in charge now, Xie Zhen is welcome to follow or to go back to training." Jia Shang strolled off towards wherever he heard Gan Ning was located and asked the guards outside, "Would the man in charge of the soldiers here be able to spare some moments with new volunteers?"

King Tao
Really Old Officer

Postby Strategist » 25 Oct 2012, 20:49

Jiang Zhou

Xie Zhen waited, also wanting to see what would happen.

Tian Shui

Xie Zhang instinctively suppresed a look of disappointment. As far as he could tell there was a misunderstanding- he had wanted to merely face Ma Chao in a duel, not command the army himself. Pang De still might not accept, but it was a matter of explaining such tactfully.

"My lord, I had no ambitions of commanding an entire army. I merely wished to face Ma Chao one-on-one. I would be grossly unworthy of commanding the whole of our great forces."

He took a breath, then continued.

"If you believe I am worthy, I will fight for you in whatever role you wish. I will also request permission to challenge Ma Chao to a duel on the field of battle. If I lose, you may have my head."
Last edited by Strategist on 26 Oct 2012, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Postby JohannXIV » 26 Oct 2012, 01:52

Xie Zhen & Jia Shang

As the two recruits enter the camp of Gan Ning, the first thing apparent was that it was a bastion of order in the otherwise reckless frontier of Jiangzhou. The tents ran in perfect lines and soldiers bustled about. To be certain there was a fair amount of cursing and laughter, but it was hardly the ramshackle encampment one might expect given Commander Gan's reputation.

Slowly the faint jingling of bells fills the air and hush seems to settle as the bells draw nearer. The cascading bells create an other earthly symphony, chiming in discordant rhythm. A small group of men, garbed in sky blue battle robes, with blood red bandanas at their brows march through camp with purpose. At their front is a younger man who's battle robe hangs open revealing a bare chest. 'Bare' may not be the proper description for it, however. Nearly every inch of exposed skin is scrawled with fierce dragons, and heavenly clouds, and bolts of lightening, and stormy seas; indeed, his very flesh was a manic canvas. Two slender daggers hang as this waist and a wickedly curved pick looms just over one shoulder. Suddenly he stops and inspects a soldier standing at a poor impression of 'attention'. Sniffing at the man, the young commander snears. Reaching out he draws the man's blade and tests the edge with his thumb. His expression is an enigma.

"Private. . . I count eight rust spots on your blade,"
he utters. "No doubt, Jiangzhou is a rather untamed land, ravaged by the turbans and forgotten by the Imperial seat." A pregnant pause hangs between them, before he speaks again, "I do not tolerate half measures and lax soldiers. Captain Wan, strip him to the waist and give him eight lashes, we shall have order discipline, we are not bandits."

Another of the men in blue battle robes, steps forward. With a quick motion, he binds the soldier's hands to the support post at the front of the tent. Tearing down in jerky motions he reveals the soldier's back and draws forth a riding crop from his belt. The young man strides along as Captain Wan enforces his edict.

Strolling down the row, the soldiers stand, mouths agape, at the scene, but none speaks against Gan Ning's military law. Eventually he comes upon the two new faces, neither wearing his colors. Gan stops and leans forward sniffing them appraisingly, "You still have the dew of the grass on you, raw and green. You looking to find a spot in this company? Speak quick, I'm in a merry mood today, but patience wears thinner than an autumn hair with over much yapping."
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby Dong Zhou » 26 Oct 2012, 07:45

Strategist wrote:Tian Shui

"If you believe I am worthy, I will fight for you in whatever role you wish. I will also request permission to challenge Ma Chao to a duel on the field of battle. If I lose, you may have my head."

"I know what you meant captain."

Pang De considered just ordering Xie Zhang to desist but he neither want to blunt the eagerness of the captain too much.

"Think of it from my point of view captain. If you go out and lose, my lord will ask while I was derelict in my duty and the cavalry will retreat, demoralized by the defeat and my unwillingness to fight the commander. Executing you would be a justified punishment but would do little to restore morale or the situation."

A gloved hand gently poked Zhang on the fore-head.

"Also what is going on in your head. Wishing to prove yourself is one thing but are you ready for such a task? You despise the opponent's youth and seem supremely confident in victory but is this hubris? Will your confidence lead you into errors against someone who may be better then you expect captain?"

Having neither given permission or refused it, Pang De waited to hear what the captain had to say.

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Strategist » 26 Oct 2012, 10:15

Jiang Zhou

Xie Zhen waited for his partner to do the talking.

Tian Shui

Xie Shang suppresed his resentment at the way the conversation was turning. His inner thoughts were along the lines of Damn it moron, I can do this! He's just a kid!. Having been ass-kissing authority figures all his life, however, he kept up a mask of humility.

"To guarentee victory is not possible, I admit. But Ma Chao is a child, new to authority and away from his father. If I were to consult with our best advisors, then send him a letter insulting his pride based on their instructions, I would provoke him into rash planning. Having been set above any advisors he may have, he will be resentful of their attempts to rein him in as putting him down.

If this fails, I will know beforehand and can adjust accordingly. But more likely it will suceed, and I will know from his attitude that my opponent will take an aggresive approach. He may attempt to feign aggresion, but for a child this will be very difficult even with coaching.

By countering his initial attack and hurting him in the process, I will gain the advantage in both strength and stamina. I will then wait until his offensive ends, then counterattack with an offensive of my own to finish him off."

Xie Shang paused for breath.

"But I will go with whatever you decide. You are experienced in the art of war, and may already have a plan for defeating Ma Chao I do not know of."
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Postby King Tao » 26 Oct 2012, 12:46

Jiangzhou/Gan Ning and Xie Zhen

It was allrather impressive for Jia Shang, the order of the camps and soldiers, the extreme measures to keep soldiers and their equipment in top condition, and the impressive appearance of Gan Ning himself. Motioning to himself, Jia Shang said, "This man is named Jia Shang, although Commander Gan can call him Guanjun if he so wishes, this man is accompanied by Xie Zhen. This man is a blacksmith and aspiring swordsman of Wan and he wishes to serve alongside Commander Gan and learn how to be as disciplined and skilled as the greatest of Commander Gan's soldiers and one day stand equal to Commander Gan in terms of swordsmanship." Bowing his head at the end, Jia Shang held it there for two seconds before raising it again and saying, "Will the Commander have him?"

King Tao
Really Old Officer

Next

Return to Role-play Forum