[Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: [Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

Postby Justice » 13 May 2013, 23:34

webby wrote:"With that, it sounds as if you are unwilling to seek any other course of action but what is in process, Master Lu. You caution about the woes of war, and yet we wait to be hurled into it. We limit ourselves with these actions alone. Should we not try to exhaust every option that may come to mind," Nao Zhandi queried, not waiting she went on, "Dong Zhuo served under Commandant Huangfu, therefor he may hold sway with Zhuo. Dong Zhuo had many defeats in the northwest, while Commandant Huangfu achieved many victories. Dong Zhuo would be remiss not to listen to his sage advice. He may be in the royal court at this moment, for he was demoted by the 10 Attendants, while Zhuo was promoted. I am sure that someone is capable of getting word to General Huangfu," she finished this bit, but wasn't done trying to convince Lu Fan of other possibilities. Master, are there any, within the coalition ranks, that have the abilities necessary to accomplish that task? I have no idea if General Huangfu Song would effect a difference, but I think that he could, and as a loyal servant of Han, I am confident he would feel he should," Zhandi finished.

He smiled.

"I am not unwilling to seek any other course of action. But a strategist must always find the flaws in their own plans before their opponent can do it for them. To answer your other question, I do not personally know of anybody who could be considered a boon companion of General Huangfu Song. That does not mean this person is not in our ranks but rather I am not aware of their existence. But assuming there is not, what type of character would be best to query such a dauntless defender of the Han?"
Yuan Shu, Lu Fan, and Qiao Rui
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Kingdom: Aimless Wanderer

Postby webby » 14 May 2013, 17:24

Justice wrote:
He smiled.

"I am not unwilling to seek any other course of action. But a strategist must always find the flaws in their own plans before their opponent can do it for them. To answer your other question, I do not personally know of anybody who could be considered a boon companion of General Huangfu Song. That does not mean this person is not in our ranks but rather I am not aware of their existence. But assuming there is not, what type of character would be best to query such a dauntless defender of the Han?"

"Master Lu, I believe to work a plot such as this; one should deflect the attentions of suspicion, by appearing as any average servant. The person would do well to preform surreptitious action. Of course loyalty and integrity should be made up in the individuals character. The ability to convince and reason with people, perhaps by sharing information that may be withheld," Zhandi answered, as an afterthought she added, "This person would be of special benefit if they also were wise in the arts of spies," she finished.
-Pregame V6-
Nǎo Zhàndì F/17, 71-72-82-60-65
Cunning, Reversal, Rumor, Strategics, Tactician, Vehemence, Wile

I am Qilin, and when I secure my arms and armament, I shall prepare the way!
webby
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Justice » 15 May 2013, 22:47

webby wrote:"Master Lu, I believe to work a plot such as this; one should deflect the attentions of suspicion, by appearing as any average servant. The person would do well to preform surreptitious action. Of course loyalty and integrity should be made up in the individuals character. The ability to convince and reason with people, perhaps by sharing information that may be withheld," Zhandi answered, as an afterthought she added, "This person would be of special benefit if they also were wise in the arts of spies," she finished.

He continued to smile.

"And how would you get this man or woman into the household of General Huangfu Song? I assume that would be the long term plan as Imperial generals do not usually have time to deal with their own servants, much less somebody else's vassal."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 18 May 2013, 01:45

Justice wrote:
webby wrote:"Master Lu, I believe to work a plot such as this; one should deflect the attentions of suspicion, by appearing as any average servant. The person would do well to preform surreptitious action. Of course loyalty and integrity should be made up in the individuals character. The ability to convince and reason with people, perhaps by sharing information that may be withheld," Zhandi answered, as an afterthought she added, "This person would be of special benefit if they also were wise in the arts of spies," she finished.

He continued to smile.

"And how would you get this man or woman into the household of General Huangfu Song? I assume that would be the long term plan as Imperial generals do not usually have time to deal with their own servants, much less somebody else's vassal."

Zhandi started, "Maybe a different approach, not that it wasn't a good idea. It is the case of; we have not the time to build on it. We need something quicker. Zhu Jun, the Intendant of Henan, served with General Huangfu Song. He would easily be able to visit with General Huangfu Song, with little question asked."

A messenger approached, missive in hand. Shouting, "Report!" the messenger held the letters out to their respective intended parties.

The Assault of Luoyang
Cao Cao marches towards Luoyang.
Yuan Shao marches with Cao Cao, generously giving him some supplies during the march. (+/- 500 food)
Huang Gai holds his position for the time being, southwest of Luoyang.
Xiahou Dun advances towards Li Ru and Luoyang.
Yan Liang heads towards the city as well.
Wen Chou, perhaps too eager, advances on Li Ru and flubs a charge! While the attack still hit, it wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. (Charge failed, -24 LR, -6 WC, -30 TP WC)
The remnants of Liu Biao's troops retreat southward, and they manage to find dry land.
Jia Xu heads towards Luoyang when a messenger approaches him with orders. After eyeing them, he orders his men west, away from the city...
Li Ru heads into Luoyang and waits for the next step in his plan to unfold.
He doesn't have to wait long, as Jia Long, Sun Qi, Xu Si, Bao Chu, Sheng Xian, and Cai Gu swarm out of the headquarters of Luoyang and begin to set fire to the city! Stores, stables, restaurants, inns, homes, and residents are all targeted. None are spared. During this, Teng Zhou sets out, heading west with a transport, loaded to the brim with gold and food.
Luoyang has burned!
Wu Anguo, Gongsun Yue, and Hua Xin stand in stunned silence as they watch Luoyang burn.

"Desperate measures," escaped from Nao Zhandi's lips.

"Now other thoughts cross my mind. A transport heads to Chang An. Han Sui, and Ma Teng fought and won battles against Dong Zhuo. They would have confidence enough to move against him, from the west, if given reason. I believe that Dong Zhuo being the Face of Han would be good enough for them," Zhandi thought aloud!
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 19 May 2013, 11:04

webby wrote:Zhandi started, "Maybe a different approach, not that it wasn't a good idea. It is the case of; we have not the time to build on it. We need something quicker. Zhu Jun, the Intendant of Henan, served with General Huangfu Song. He would easily be able to visit with General Huangfu Song, with little question asked."

A messenger approached, missive in hand. Shouting, "Report!" the messenger held the letters out to their respective intended parties.

The Assault of Luoyang
Cao Cao marches towards Luoyang.
Yuan Shao marches with Cao Cao, generously giving him some supplies during the march. (+/- 500 food)
Huang Gai holds his position for the time being, southwest of Luoyang.
Xiahou Dun advances towards Li Ru and Luoyang.
Yan Liang heads towards the city as well.
Wen Chou, perhaps too eager, advances on Li Ru and flubs a charge! While the attack still hit, it wasn't nearly as effective as it could have been. (Charge failed, -24 LR, -6 WC, -30 TP WC)
The remnants of Liu Biao's troops retreat southward, and they manage to find dry land.
Jia Xu heads towards Luoyang when a messenger approaches him with orders. After eyeing them, he orders his men west, away from the city...
Li Ru heads into Luoyang and waits for the next step in his plan to unfold.
He doesn't have to wait long, as Jia Long, Sun Qi, Xu Si, Bao Chu, Sheng Xian, and Cai Gu swarm out of the headquarters of Luoyang and begin to set fire to the city! Stores, stables, restaurants, inns, homes, and residents are all targeted. None are spared. During this, Teng Zhou sets out, heading west with a transport, loaded to the brim with gold and food.
Luoyang has burned!
Wu Anguo, Gongsun Yue, and Hua Xin stand in stunned silence as they watch Luoyang burn.

"Desperate measures," escaped from Nao Zhandi's lips.

"Now other thoughts cross my mind. A transport heads to Chang An. Han Sui, and Ma Teng fought and won battles against Dong Zhuo. They would have confidence enough to move against him, from the west, if given reason. I believe that Dong Zhuo being the Face of Han would be good enough for them," Zhandi thought aloud!

The strategist read the missive and said nothing, as if lost in thought.
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby Xiahou Mao » 22 May 2013, 15:13

Han1977 wrote:((Wooohooo!! A reply! There is a reply!))

Yu Jun didn't dare to lift his head before Xiahou Yuan, he respectfully bow his head as he answered his question. Perhaps it was a good thing, because Xiahou Yuan couldn't saw his face. He grimaced over the thought of the family he left behind. There was a pause as Yu Jun think about his father, his step brothers and step mother. Do they wait for his return? Yu Jun shook his head, they won't, he is not part of that family. He was nothing but a nuisance, an unwanted bastard who is good at nothing but being a scapegoat when something wrong happened.

"No there is no family who wait for my return... My... mother and my grandfather, they died during Yellow Turban Rebellion. I came from Bei Hai my lord but I don't think I could call Bei Hai my home. I have no home..."

"The battlefield..., yes battlefield is my home. I'm good with my sword and I don't run away from any danger. Not even Lu Bu's sword."

Suddenly Yu Jun think, 'Would Xiahou Yuan think that he is reckless?'

Did he just ruined his chance at joining Cao Cao's army? From what he sees and hears, Lord Cao Cao's army is comparable even to those of Lord Yuan Shao's, the leader of the grand alliance, if not better. They achieve more than other lords in this battle so far. Some people said that a clever bird choose the right branch and he was so sure that he was right when he decided to choose Cao Cao. The thought that he might ruin it, scare him more than a swinging sword.

In his fear, he forget to keep his head low and hastily said, "I'm not saying that I don't recognize danger when I see one. Its just that... you know... I won't running away from fear."

"Sir... I won't disappoint you in battle. I'm stronger than most soldier and... and people say about clever bird choose the right branch. I've seen Lord Cao Cao's army in war and I know he is the right lord to serve. Please. allow me to join your army, you will never regret it."

Where normally Xiahou Yuan might have made a wisecrack in response, the loss of Cao Ren had killed some of his good mood. Not all of it, of course. Could Xiahou Yuan's spirits ever truly be crushed? He looked over the youth quietly for some time before responding.

Xiahou Yuan: Look, kid, I'm not looking for people to go charging at Lu Bu. If anyone in this unit is going to do that it'll be me, and I'll be honest, I don't want to do it. Lu Bu is superhuman. If he's going to be beaten, he's going to be beaten by this whole army, and not the heroism of one man. So I don't want you talking about standing against him. I just..

He trailed off a moment, unable but to feel sympathy for this youngster. He had no family left, apparently, and he'd come from Bei Hai. Having to live under the governance of a self-inflated descendant of Confucius could scar anyone for life.

Xiahou Yuan: You can join my unit as a private. Normally you'd need to have your own horse to be one of my men, but after the last few days, we've got some horses that don't have riders anymore.

He paused a moment to let that sink in, to see if knowledge of the danger that awaited would shaken his resolve.

---

Cao Cao: So it has come to this.

The man who had orchestrated this alliance looked on at the grand jewel of the Han Dynasty, the capital of Luo Yang, as flames could be seen over the city walls. Of course, he should have guessed that Dong Zhuo would do something like this. Had he killed the Emperor in his rage, or stolen him away to the west, to Chang'an and beyond, perhaps to the frontier he'd originally hailed from?

Those questions would be answered in time, but it did nothing to cure Cao Cao's inner turmoil at the moment. He'd lost many men in this battle, men who had volunteered to fight for his cause. Chief among them was his cousin, Cao Ren, who had been cleaved in half by the brute Lu Bu. And was it all for naught in the end? The warlord closed his eyes and lowered his chin, his shoulders slumped. For a moment, anyone looking at him couldn't see the resolve that normally radiated from him. For a moment, the man who had overcome every obstacle placed in front of him in his life seemed defeated.

The moment passed. Steeling himself, Mengde turned and waved down a messenger.

Cao Cao: Get Gongsun Yue to the front, we need to get into that city! The fires must be put out, and any of Dong Zhuo's men remaining must be wiped out for this affront. If they actually think they can flee, then we shall pursue them and show them the folly of their ways.

The messenger nodded and went to relay the orders to the rest of the alliance.

Unheralded, a little ways away, the brief moment of weakness Cao Cao had shown had not gone unnoticed by Xiahou Yuan. He wanted very much to go and support his cousin, to give him a chance to vent his feelings, but this was neither the time nor the place. Indeed, would there ever be a time and place for that? Even he had never seen any sign of Cao Cao wavering before. It was frightening to know it was possible, but he knew what it meant for himself. He couldn't afford to falter. Whatever challenges lay ahead of them, and there seemed to be many yet, both he and Yuanrang would need to be there for Mengde. They would be his pillars of strength.

Yeah. A pillar of strength. He liked the sound of that. Grinning, he turned and started back towards his own men, patting his stomach as he went. If he was going to be a pillar, he'd need to eat better than these blasted rations the army had. Hopefully there'd be a tavern in Luo Yang that would survive this inferno..
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby Han Shao » 06 Jun 2013, 02:07

Yuan Shu's Camp

Kuǎi Fàng was waiting outside the tent of Qiao Rui. Looking around, he found the place so intimately familiar. They hadn't moved an inch since the campaign began, and Yuan Shu was quite comfortable. His sons were restless, but Kuǎi Zilòu was wiser than that- and more content with the army's role in supply. It kept them out of the war so far, and he did not doubt that one of his sons or the other would attempt to slay Lu Bu himself had his blade beckoned.

"Tell the general that his good friend Kuǎi Fàng comes, bearing some wine." He said to the guard with a smile. It wasn't a particularly attractive smile behind his beard and scars, yet it was one that was subtle but unmistakable.
Gān Quán (虷荃) zi Gōnghuā (公花)

The glib tongued eunuch
Stats: 29-13-34-33-94
Skills: Negotiator, Networking, Propaganda, Scribe, Spy, Wealth(e)
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Kingdom: Gobwin Knob

Postby Han1977 » 06 Jun 2013, 15:22

... Having to live under the governance of a self-inflated descendant of Confucius could scar anyone for life.

Xiahou Yuan: You can join my unit as a private. Normally you'd need to have your own horse to be one of my men, but after the last few days, we've got some horses that don't have riders anymore.

He paused a moment to let that sink in, to see if knowledge of the danger that awaited would shaken his resolve.

Yu Jun listened to Xiaohou Yuan with both of his fist clenched tight. He was so nervous, it felt like hundred of horses galloping inside his chest. He believed that this was the most important moment in his life. People talk about fork in your life and this was his.

He nodded and shook his head as Xiahou Yuan lectured him about Lu Bu, to show that he agree wholeheartedly with everything he said. The truth is, he didn’t think much about it, he just want to hear the decision.

When he heard that he can join Xiahou Yuan’s army, the boy felt so relieved that he hardly heard the rest.

He kowtowed numerous times, “Thank you sir, thank you. You won’t regret it. No, you won’t. Yes, I’ll find a horse… a horse…?”

He just realize, he hate horse, well that’s not the truth, the truth is he afraid of horses. Somehow it was the thought of riding a horse that calmed him, not Lu Bu superhuman strength.

He swallowed hard and said carefully, “Yes sir, thank you sir. I promise that I won’t waste this chance you give me. I’m your man to command. Fight when you say fight and retreat when you say retreat.”

There he waited for Xiaohou Yuan’s permission to leave, torn between the excitement of being accepted and his fear for horses. Somehow he knew, he was one step closer to his goal. Not there yet, but at least, one step closer and his biggest concern for now would not be Lu Bu, but a horse.
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby Justice » 06 Jun 2013, 23:21

Han Shao wrote:Yuan Shu's Camp

Kuǎi Fàng was waiting outside the tent of Qiao Rui. Looking around, he found the place so intimately familiar. They hadn't moved an inch since the campaign began, and Yuan Shu was quite comfortable. His sons were restless, but Kuǎi Zilòu was wiser than that- and more content with the army's role in supply. It kept them out of the war so far, and he did not doubt that one of his sons or the other would attempt to slay Lu Bu himself had his blade beckoned.

"Tell the general that his good friend Kuǎi Fàng comes, bearing some wine." He said to the guard with a smile. It wasn't a particularly attractive smile behind his beard and scars, yet it was one that was subtle but unmistakable.

One of the guards looked over the warrior.

"The general is gone for the moment. He'll be back in a few minutes. Are you here for any particular business?"
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby Han Shao » 08 Jun 2013, 05:00

Fàng shrugged, his hand holding the flask of wine slumping until it rested between his palm and thigh, "I can wait." He said, nodding, "No doubt you've heard the terrible news by now." The veteran warrior looked the guard up and down, almost suspiciously, "It changes things, man, and it begs some things to be discussed with the general before I might pass it onto Lord Yuan Shu's ears."

He bobbed his head to the side, speaking more to himself, "Perhaps it might be best to speak with Lu Fan about this as well..."

The old man smiled and narrowed his eyes, though his grin was more gentle than his eyes wary, "Do you always make a habit of asking so many questions?"

The glib tongued eunuch
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Postby Justice » 09 Jun 2013, 02:17

Han Shao wrote:Fàng shrugged, his hand holding the flask of wine slumping until it rested between his palm and thigh, "I can wait." He said, nodding, "No doubt you've heard the terrible news by now." The veteran warrior looked the guard up and down, almost suspiciously, "It changes things, man, and it begs some things to be discussed with the general before I might pass it onto Lord Yuan Shu's ears."

He bobbed his head to the side, speaking more to himself, "Perhaps it might be best to speak with Lu Fan about this as well..."

The old man smiled and narrowed his eyes, though his grin was more gentle than his eyes wary, "Do you always make a habit of asking so many questions?"

The guard nodded his head.

"That I do. I'm not one of those guards who just stands there like a statute and opens the flap of the tent like a dunderhead without a care in the world. When the general returns I can give him an accurate explanation of why you are here and do my job more effectively at the same time...your lordship."

The tone was polite but the eyes of the sentry were without an ounce of nervousness.
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 10 Jun 2013, 21:58

Justice wrote:

"Master Lu... Master? What are your thoughts," Nao Zhandi asked.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 11 Jun 2013, 00:01

webby wrote:
Justice wrote:

"Master Lu... Master? What are your thoughts," Nao Zhandi asked.

The tactician studied the missive for a few more minutes before responding.

"My thoughts are as jumbled as an overturned board with spilled stones. The Capital...burned...may the Heavens have mercy on its inhabitants. Because Dong Zhuo did not."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby Han Shao » 11 Jun 2013, 03:31

Justice wrote:
Han Shao wrote:Fàng shrugged, his hand holding the flask of wine slumping until it rested between his palm and thigh, "I can wait." He said, nodding, "No doubt you've heard the terrible news by now." The veteran warrior looked the guard up and down, almost suspiciously, "It changes things, man, and it begs some things to be discussed with the general before I might pass it onto Lord Yuan Shu's ears."

The guard nodded his head.

"That I do. I'm not one of those guards who just stands there like a statute and opens the flap of the tent like a dunderhead without a care in the world. When the general returns I can give him an accurate explanation of why you are here and do my job more effectively at the same time...your lordship."

The tone was polite but the eyes of the sentry were without an ounce of nervousness.

The older man smiled, pleased by what he was hearing, "A good soldier you are. It's not enough that men's arms be loyal- they need their wits for the realm as well. Very well. I shall wait then."

The glib tongued eunuch
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Postby Justice » 12 Jun 2013, 20:04

Han Shao wrote:The older man smiled, pleased by what he was hearing, "A good soldier you are. It's not enough that men's arms be loyal- they need their wits for the realm as well. Very well. I shall wait then."

The footsoldier nodded.

"So...what type of wine is that?"
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum