[Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: [Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

Postby webby » 25 Mar 2013, 13:55

Justice wrote: He grinned.

"That is what I am here for, lessons. Actually, I am here for strategies and tactics but I can at least moonlight as a teacher. Or a professional gambler. Really, either or."

Lu Fan continued his strategy of playing to create a draw by placing another stone in a manner that mimicked his opponent's move.

"Master Lu, after playing this game, and seeing you mimic my movements, I can see that this game is like politics," Zhandi said, a thoughtful look on her face.
-Pregame V6-
Nǎo Zhàndì F/17, 71-72-82-60-65
Cunning, Reversal, Rumor, Strategics, Tactician, Vehemence, Wile

I am Qilin, and when I secure my arms and armament, I shall prepare the way!
webby
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Justice » 25 Mar 2013, 23:16

webby wrote:"Master Lu, after playing this game, and seeing you mimic my movements, I can see that this game is like politics," Zhandi said, a thoughtful look on her face.

His expression grew rather serious.

"And politics is the study of human nature. With this game being a wonderful chance to do just that. About the only better way to see another's true nature is, tragically, war. When life and death are only a move away, you see the mettle of others."
Yuan Shu, Lu Fan, and Qiao Rui
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Kingdom: Aimless Wanderer

Postby webby » 21 Apr 2013, 18:28

Justice wrote: His expression grew rather serious.

"And politics is the study of human nature. With this game being a wonderful chance to do just that. About the only better way to see another's true nature is, tragically, war. When life and death are only a move away, you see the mettle of others."

"Sage, and wise words, Master," Zhandi said. " Politics... I shall have to improve in that aspect, my apologies, for it is one of my lesser qualities. Though as you see, I am not perverse, just not polished," Nao Zhandi continued. She moved her palm out flat side up, when she spoke about not being perverse, then she flipped her hand, and moved it out to the side, evenly, then dropped it, relaxed.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 23 Apr 2013, 00:03

webby wrote:"Sage, and wise words, Master," Zhandi said. " Politics... I shall have to improve in that aspect, my apologies, for it is one of my lesser qualities. Though as you see, I am not perverse, just not polished," Nao Zhandi continued. She moved her palm out flat side up, when she spoke about not being perverse, then she flipped her hand, and moved it out to the side, evenly, then dropped it, relaxed.

The scholar smiled politely.

"Politics is as much a weapon of the strategist as is the flanking maneuver or the ambush. For war does not consign itself to the battlefield. The best battle is the one that is won without being fought and without loss of life. Unfortunately for us, that will not be fate in this campaign. The war will be bloody."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 23 Apr 2013, 21:19

Justice wrote:
The scholar smiled politely.

"Politics is as much a weapon of the strategist as is the flanking maneuver or the ambush. For war does not consign itself to the battlefield. The best battle is the one that is won without being fought and without loss of life. Unfortunately for us, that will not be fate in this campaign. The war will be bloody."

"And I shall ready for the spill," Zhandi said, undaunted.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 25 Apr 2013, 23:30

webby wrote:"And I shall ready for the spill," Zhandi said, undaunted.

Lu Fan's expression grew much more serious.

"Are you now?"
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 26 Apr 2013, 14:27

Justice wrote:
webby wrote:"And I shall ready for the spill," Zhandi said, undaunted.

Lu Fan's expression grew much more serious.

"Are you now?"

"Of course I am, Master Lu, for what better way to ready oneself than to practice and train for the task," Zhandi stated. "Is this game not a tool of practice, just as a, over heavy, sword a tool to hone the skills of a swordsman," Nao Zhandi analogized.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 27 Apr 2013, 15:59

webby wrote:"Of course I am, Master Lu, for what better way to ready oneself than to practice and train for the task," Zhandi stated. "Is this game not a tool of practice, just as a, over heavy, sword a tool to hone the skills of a swordsman," Nao Zhandi analogized.

He nodded.

"This game is indeed a tool of practice. But have you ever seen soldiers die on the battlefield? It is...alarming."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 29 Apr 2013, 14:35

Justice wrote:He nodded.

"This game is indeed a tool of practice. But have you ever seen soldiers die on the battlefield? It is...alarming."

"Yes, Master Lu, before I was placed as council, I fought on the Southern frontiers. It was my direction of strategies, and tactics, that were utilized to quell the Baiyue, and won Lord Yuan Shu's attention. It was Lord Yuan Shu that bid me serve, with condition that I leave when I feel it time, if ever. Yes I know battle, and I know the feel of a weapon as it contacts human flesh. I have been on the giving," Zhandi said as she rose to her feet, and threw open the waist section of her robe, and continued, "and receiving end." The scar had been relieved of swelling, yet the white flesh had not totally taken over the pink healing skin. "I have had time, however short, in battle, as a soldier and a leader. I of course recognize that the numbers here are much greater, and the people are more advanced, Master Lu."

{{{OOC: Edit for Baiyue misspelled Beiyue}}}
Last edited by webby on 07 May 2013, 12:56, edited 3 times in total.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 29 Apr 2013, 23:57

webby wrote:
Justice wrote:He nodded.

"Yes, Master Lu, before I was placed as council, I fought on the Southern frontiers. It was my direction of strategies, and tactics, that were utilized to quell the Beiyue, and won Lord Yuan Shu's attention. It was Lord Yuan Shu that bid me serve, with condition that I leave when I feel it time, if ever. Yes I know battle, and I know the feel of a weapon as it contacts human flesh. I have been on the giving," Zhandi said as she rose to her feet, and threw open the waist section of her robe, and continued, "and receiving end." The scar had been relieved of swelling, yet the white flesh had not totally taken over the pink healing skin. "I have had time, however short, in battle, as a soldier and a leader. I of course recognize that the numbers here are much greater, and the people are more advanced, Master Lu."

Lu Fan, ever the gentleman, looked carefully to the ceiling when the robe was opened. HIs voice had the hinter of embarrassment.

"That is...good to know."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 07 May 2013, 14:19

Justice wrote:
Lu Fan, ever the gentleman, looked carefully to the ceiling when the robe was opened. HIs voice had the hinter of embarrassment.

"Sir, I only show you my scars of battle, as proof of my words," Zhandi remarked, as she fixed the robe back together. "Besides, Master Lu, I have trousers under my robe, because I did not have the time to fully change from my battle gear, before our meeting," Zhandi finished, and sat again, " I believe it is your turn, Master," She said, as she looked at the board.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 08 May 2013, 23:28

webby wrote:
Justice wrote:

"Sir, I only show you my scars of battle, as proof of my words," Zhandi remarked, as she fixed the robe back together. "Besides, Master Lu, I have trousers under my robe, because I did not have the time to fully change from my battle gear, before our meeting," Zhandi finished, and sat again, " I believe it is your turn, Master," She said, as she looked at the board.

He nodded.

"Yes, yes, you are quite right. My turn."

Lu Fan placed a stone down, once again mirroring his opponent's efforts. If he was flustered, it did not show in his game.
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 09 May 2013, 15:41

Justice wrote:
He nodded.

"Yes, yes, you are quite right. My turn."

Lu Fan placed a stone down, once again mirroring his opponent's efforts. If he was flustered, it did not show in his game.

Zhandi saw that it was time to force actions. Her next move; another stone in front of the last stone she played.

"Master Lu, there is one whom held position over Dong Zhuo, and may still hold sway with him. I speak of Commandant Huangfu Song. It may be beneficial to seek his aid. He is Loyal to Han," Zhandi presented an idea.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

Postby Justice » 12 May 2013, 11:45

webby wrote:Zhandi saw that it was time to force actions. Her next move; another stone in front of the last stone she played.

"Master Lu, there is one whom held position over Dong Zhuo, and may still hold sway with him. I speak of Commandant Huangfu Song. It may be beneficial to seek his aid. He is Loyal to Han," Zhandi presented an idea.

Lu Fan looked up from the board.

"A series of questions emerge from that comment. Why would a man like Dong Zhuo listen to anybody right now? How would we contact General Huangfu Song? Would he be able to do anything? And who is to say that he does not think that being loyal to the Han requires him to support Dong Zhuo? Like it or not, but Dong Zhuo is currently the public face of the empire."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby webby » 13 May 2013, 03:42

Justice wrote:

Lu Fan looked up from the board.

"A series of questions emerge from that comment. Why would a man like Dong Zhuo listen to anybody right now? How would we contact General Huangfu Song? Would he be able to do anything? And who is to say that he does not think that being loyal to the Han requires him to support Dong Zhuo? Like it or not, but Dong Zhuo is currently the public face of the empire."

"With that, it sounds as if you are unwilling to seek any other course of action but what is in process, Master Lu. You caution about the woes of war, and yet we wait to be hurled into it. We limit ourselves with these actions alone. Should we not try to exhaust every option that may come to mind," Nao Zhandi queried, not waiting she went on, "Dong Zhuo served under Commandant Huangfu, therefor he may hold sway with Zhuo. Dong Zhuo had many defeats in the northwest, while Commandant Huangfu achieved many victories. Dong Zhuo would be remiss not to listen to his sage advice. He may be in the royal court at this moment, for he was demoted by the 10 Attendants, while Zhuo was promoted. I am sure that someone is capable of getting word to General Huangfu," she finished this bit, but wasn't done trying to convince Lu Fan of other possibilities. Master, are there any, within the coalition ranks, that have the abilities necessary to accomplish that task? I have no idea if General Huangfu Song would effect a difference, but I think that he could, and as a loyal servant of Han, I am confident he would feel he should," Zhandi finished.
-Pregame V6-

webby
Ranking Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum