[Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

[Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

Postby Aureal » 08 Oct 2012, 16:10

This thread is for roleplay in alliance realms.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Re: [Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

Postby Aureal » 16 Oct 2012, 03:02

The winds swept over the plains, grass rippling in its wake and setting the flames of torches dancing.

"Tonight!" The voice of one man standing at the summit of a raised platform rang out over the throngs gathered below. He raised his arms in the air. "Tonight marks the start of the Grand Alliance against the traitor, Dong Zhuo!" He paused a long moment for dramatic emphasis. "Tonight, loyal subjects of the Han dynasty from across the realm have gathered together, under one banner for a single, united purpose! The traitor Dong Zhuo- who dares seize control of the capitol Luoyang as well as the Emperor and his brother- cannot hope to stand against our might! It is with great humility and honor that I accept the position as Commander of so many great heroes! I swear before you all that I shall not rest until the entire land is united once more!"

United under the banner of Yuan Shao, of course. He lifted the goblet of wine and drained it, to the cheers of the soldiers gathered. Already it is all coming together... Cao Ahman, after all the reknown you gained vanquishing the Yellow Turbans, you are a fool to have let this chance slip through your fingers.

After some time, he raised his hand again. "Governors, Generals, Administrators, let us now leave our troops to their festivities while we adjourn to the command tent to discuss strategy." The man's armor glinted faintly gold in the torchlight as he descended the platform, the rows of soldiers giving way before him as he led a small procession of others away from the heart of the still-roaring army.

Once they had arrived at the tent, he strolled to a table upon which was placed a large map and a great deal of strategically distributed tokens. "As the first order of business, let us all report on the status of our contributions to the Grand Alliance," Yuan Shao began, looking from one face to another. "Cao Mengde, how many troops have you mustered and what food stores have you brought to support the dynasty?"
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal

Postby Xiahou Mao » 16 Oct 2012, 15:26

As Yuan Benchu gave his speech, the man who had actually drawn these disparate forces together stood off to the side, arms folded across his chest with an impassive look on his face. The hero of the Yellow Turban Rebellion, Cao Cao, had a lot on his mind. The decision to leave leadership to Yuan Benchu had not been an easy one, but after careful consideration it had been the right one to make. Both Yuanrang and Miaocai had disputed that, saying that Mengde himself should take the credit that was due, but without the name of the Yuan would these men have listened? The Han was in danger, with the tyrant Dong Zhuo having control of the courts. This was not a time to let personal ambition cloud his views. There would be plenty of time to deal with personal ambition later, especially if Yuan Benchu overextended himself. No, not if. When.

Though he did not cheer, Cao Cao raised his arm along with Yuan Shao as he gave his toast. Public displays of emotion were not his forté. He followed behind Yuan Shao as they went to the strategy session, standing off to the side. He'd seen the map before, he'd actually commissioned it himself, and he was familiar with all the troop deployments that had been made by each of the participating lords. As such, when he was asked about his own soldiers he was quick to respond.

Cao Cao: With the veterans who followed me from the capital, the volunteers who heeded my call from local villages, and the soldiers of fortune from Xuzhou that my dear father enlisted, I have thirty thousand men at the disposal of the Grand Alliance. They are ably led by my cousins. Myself, Cao Zixiao and Xiahou Yuanrang lead infantry divisions, while Xiahou Miaocai has a mobile contingent of horse archers. We have enough provisions to feed our men for several months, though with the forces assembled here under the command of the noble Yuan Benchu, I do not see it taking that long to unseat the tyrant.

With a cool smile, Cao Cao clasped his hands before his chest and dipped in a slight bow to Yuan Shao, his childhood friend and likely future rival. In speaking of his forces, he had not mentioned the men left behind under the command of Cao Zilian and Yu Wenze to guard Dong Lai and Chen Liu, nor the food stores that had been gathered over the winter in case of emergency. The shrewd Cao Cao knew he couldn't play his entire hand yet. The Grand Alliance was powerful, but it might be torn asunder by politics, rivalries and power plays. He couldn't afford to become a victim of any of those, not with the fighting taking place upon his own lands. Mengde had worked far too hard to get where he was today to let anyone in this tent with him take it away from him.
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby JohannXIV » 17 Oct 2012, 14:01

The tall, lean warrior raises his glass in toast of Yuan Shao's passionate but bland rhetoric. His bronzed armor glints in the fire light as he drains his wine cup. Allowing others to pass before him, the lean man strides into the tent, removing his helmet and placing it on the corner of the map table. Negligently he plucks a bit of straw from the orange tassel which adorns it and flicks it to the floor.

The Yuans had served the empire for generations, but they'd grown as sluggish and bloated at the imperial teat. "Now is the time for your greatest victories, Lord Yuan," the lank warrior says. Yuan Shao reeked of hubris and commanded respect based solely on his position and not his merit. Shao's cousin, Yuan Shu, was even worse and to the warrior he seemed as soft as the eunuchs which had created this situation in the first place. A smug smile was directed at Shu across the map table.

"Our Lord Yuan Shao is the leader of this unified force, as is his family's duty," the warrior continues. Let him dash his life against the walls of Luo Yang, he thinks. His eyes flit over to the sullen young man who had put out the call. A young hero who'd made his name against the untamed forces of the Turbans. But he joined Dong Zhuo in the capitol and now turns against him. An opportunistic man who may be ally, but only for as long as our goals align. He hides ambition poorly, and that will be his failing.

"Commander Gongsun Zan brings the finest men the North has to offer. Fifteen thousand picked men from the city of Bei Ping. I lead the White Cavalry which subdued the Wuhuan at full strength. My brother Yue, arrives with footmen and the ram which will open our path to the Imperial Center. Our men have written their wills and kissed their wives farewell, for we will not return to Bei Ping without a victory to sing of."

He levels his finger at the map, and drives it home over the capitol, "For make no mistake, Righteousness is on our side, but Dong Zhuo is a monster of a man ill-loved but feared with reason. Should this assault fail, should our forces be found wanting, history shall label this night the birth of treason." Looking up he locks eyes with Yuan Shao, "Death first, retreat second. I will not let my name be sullied with the title 'Traitor'."
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby Justice » 17 Oct 2012, 19:36

Clearing his throat, a middle aged man in armor too bright and too dashing for his countenance and physique, looked at the map and spoke in a tone that screamed arrogance and obliviousness at the same time.

"I, Yuan Gonglu, son of Yuan Zhouyang and scion of the Yuan Clan, am pleased that so many dutiful and just lords have joined me in moving against this uncouth and barbaric tyrant Dong Zhuo. Oh, and my kinsman Yuan Benchu and his cohort Cao Mengde for being here as well.

Have no fear of the enemy. I, Yuan Gonglu, scion of the Yuan Clan, have full faith that my mastery of logistics and tactics will lead us to victory. When the enemy sees the banner the Yuan Clan, which of course is my banner, they will shake in great fear and throw down their pikes in terror. They will likely run all the way back to Liangzhou rather than face me in combat. Or my great champion Ji Ling. Or some other local notables who have pledged life and wealth to my cause.

Thus gentlefolk, and Cao Mengde, let us remember this day. For this the day you joined a crusade at the side of Yuan Gonglu, scion of the Yuan Clan, and saved China. You can even tell your grandchildren about it. My gift to you."

With a self-satisfied smile, the nobleman paused, likely convinced that his speech would truly rally the Han lords. He then continued.

"My understanding is that my troops, thirty thousand strong, elite, and well led, will be kept in the south, so that when the final battle is at hand we can charge in and end the rebellion in one fell swoop. I am told that one of my local roughneck commanders has even volunteered to lead the charge. Good for him and good for us that I, Yuan Gonglu, scion of the Yuan Clan, have given us all this chance at victory."
Yuan Shu, Lu Fan, and Qiao Rui
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Kingdom: Aimless Wanderer

Postby The fearsome Hun » 18 Oct 2012, 14:17

Bringing his horse to a halt, the green turbaned general dismounted a distance from where the various toasts and speeches were taking place. He caught the ending of Yuan Shao’s speech and raised a bushy eyebrow when his kinsman spoke later. Which one was he supposed to follow? With a shrug of his bulky shoulders he decided to settle the matter of his orders.

Wu Anguo stomped over to where the lords and commanders were toasting to a success not yet earned. He stood near to one of the flickering torches so that he might be better seen. Mud coating his boots and pant legs, marring his otherwise fairly presentable garb. He looked over the various lords and gave something of a bow to all assembled before him. His lord would be displeased with him if he learned that he had not shown proper respect. Still, Wu Anguo trusted not a one of the men gathered together in coalition against the enemy in Luoyang. However, if his lord believed this alliance necessary, who was he to argue. His was to fight, not to think.

Wu Anguo belted his iron mace to his side, not wishing to offend the powerful lords by baring a weapon in their presence even though this was to be a battlefield. As tactfully as the thickly bearded warrior could, he opened with a question – simple and straight to the point.

“My lords. Our deeds will be told in every house and hovel of our land for years to come. Who shall lead the vanguard? If you see me worthy, I and the troops of my lord Kong Rong will strike first and with my iron mace I will crush the will and skull of the enemy commander.” Anguo grinned wildly, his yellowed teeth flashing out from the scraggly mess of coal black facial hair.

“With your blessing, come morning I will led the array of my lords infantry to the very gates of the capitol and break any resistance the traitors might give.” Wu Anguo stated, his smile not fading. He’d heard that Dong Zhuo had been a capable commander in the badlands of Liang, but by all accounts he had grown fat and wretched. Surely heaven destined that this alliance would triumph. With the stars on his side, how could Wu Anguo fail?

V6: GMNPC - Wu Anguo
A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
The fearsome Hun
Game Master
Game Master

Location: Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!

Postby JohannXIV » 19 Oct 2012, 14:15

The lean warrior from the north rubs his chin. Yuan Shu opened his mouth and allowed foolishness and filth to roll from it. However, he did have respect for Wu Anguo, a liegeman by nature, bold and assertive.

"General Wu, I have naught but respect for your eagerness and your prowess," he says politely. "Your Lord Kong is a great man, endowed with quick wit and noble heritage. You bear his banner here, and it honors me greatly to know you are at our side." Gongsun pauses a moment to choose the proper phrasing. "It would greive me if so loyal a hand to so virtuous a man, met an untimely fate. Dong Zhuo is a gluttonous monster of a man, by all accounts. However, he keeps his pet tiger on a long leash. Lu Bu is hardly a man, merely a spear in man's clothing."

Turning to face the other lords at the table, "I am no lord, merely a warrior that finds his path by the sword. Lord Yuan Shao, this is to be your crowning moment to save the dynasty your family has so long served faithfully. It should be one of your men at the van. General Yan Liang would be the man most favored by the Heavens to see to our cause; however, I cannot disparage the valor of General Wen Chou for he stands shoulder to shoulder with Liu Bang's greatest commanders."

Gongsun Zan looks over the table, would Yuan Shao buy into his flattery and send one of his finest to face Lu Bu head on? Expanding his control in the North could only be made easier by denying Yuan Shao his favorite toys. Looking across the map table, a single cocked eyebrow at the young Cao Cao carried the only question he cared to have answered. Did Cao Cao consider Yuan Shao's power a threat or an asset to his own ambition? The long term weakening of the old order could benefit them both even as the young Emperor regained his authority.
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby Aureal » 21 Oct 2012, 18:05

As soon as Gongsun Zan ceased speaking, yet another voice spoke up. "If it's a vanguard we need, then look no farther than Huang Zhong!" Stepping forward, he clasped his hands together in entreaty. "Though I am but a weak prefect from the south who can only muster five thousand soldiers to accompany me, my might is truly shown on the battlefield!"

"Well spoken, Lord Huang Zhong," Yuan Shao replied with equanimity, casting his gaze to the two in the tent who had not yet spoken. "But before deciding such things, we have two more reports yet. Lord Hua Xin?"

"Commander Yuan Shao, I, Hua Xin of Nan Chang, have marched ten thousand of the most experienced warriors in my land in response to your summons. Although I am no mighty warrior like the brave generals gathered here, I expect we shall be able to make ourselves of use in this grand endeavor."

"And my father Chen Gui has sent me with ten thousand of our finest troops," came the words from the last of the men gathered, "although I am but an inexperienced youth and defer to the wisdom of the illustrious men gathered here."

"Very good," the golden-armored commander nodded in approval. "In addition to those gathered here, we have also received support from Sima Fang of Shang Dang, who sends his regret that his merchant clan lacks the military strength to join the campaign but has sent assistance in the form of thousands of bushels of grain to supply our armies."

"And now, my good men," Benchu looked first to Wu Anguo, then to Gongsun Zan and Huang Zhong, "since the matter of the van has been raised already, let us start planning our strategy with that. By our scout's reports, it seems that Dong Zhuo is expecting us and has sent out Hua Xiong as leader of his vanguard. Hua Xiong is by accounts a mighty warrior, but among Dong Zhuo's other subordinates there are scant few of note. Our first step, then, should be to cut off the first claw of the beast as it approaches, and eliminate Hua Xiong!" He reached out and with a swift gesture swept one of the pieces from the map, causing the nearby pieces to tumble over. "Without its claw, the entire arm is useless, weakening the beast for our next strike."

"You, General Wu, shall have the honor of making this first strike," Yuan Shao declared, "since you were the first to offer your services. Initiative is to be greatly honored in men of war, and now it will earn you the glory of being known as the one to defeat the mighty Hua Xiong!"
Aureal

Postby The fearsome Hun » 22 Oct 2012, 13:21

“You are both generous and wise, lord Yuan." The large bodied commander declared, a pleased smile on his thickly bearded face. He gave a long bow and then raised himself to his full height, puffing out his chest some.

Wu Anguo stood proudly and accepted the position he had long wanted. Commander of the vanguard and a chance to strike the crushing blow that would bring the coalition victory. His men were ready. He was ready. He glanced back to his horse, knowing that he should get some sleep soon. But perhaps after he had a little wine and celebration.

"Hua Xiong is a dangerous and highly skilled general and warrior, but he has never faced Wu Anguo and his iron mace. The heavens are with us and Hua Xiong and his army shall be broken before tomorrow's sun is at it's height in the sky."

V6: GMNPC - Wu Anguo
A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
The fearsome Hun
Game Master
Game Master

Location: Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!

Postby Calistoknight » 23 Oct 2012, 14:58

His arm throbbed. Like it did before every fight, a constant reminder of the wound he was rewarded with during the Yellow Turban revolt. Really it had been a matter of bad luck, the right flank had been pushed back too soon and his unit had been partially surrounded because of it. The unit tried to pull back and when he turned around he slipped on a fallen spear in his haste to run. In the end he had to take the injury to save his life and escape, his fellow soldiers barely reacting in time to save his life and drag him off the field.

Chao Jin looked at the nasty purplish gnarled scar on his sword arm. It didn't stop him from swinging a sword when he had to, but he payed for it in pain afterwards. And it hurt more today than normal. An ill omen to be sure.

A small sigh escaped his lips and he lifted his head to peer at the camp through sullen, sleep deprived eyes from atop his lofty perch of an overturned crate. So many different units all converged in one place, thousands of men. Though each held a different area of the camp. Chao Jin had been assigned as a captain under General Wu Anguo, who in turn had been sent by their master, the respectable and honorable Kong Rong of Bei Hai. General Wu however had gone to the main command tent with the rest of the big wigs. All Chao Jin and the rest could do was wait to hear the news.

"I just pray that I'll be able to go home and see my family." He said aloud to the heavens. But something kept nagging at the edge of his brain that he wouldn't.

His arm throbbed.

Open RP
Pre-Game:
Xu Bao (42)
Stats: 66-87-80-40-63
Skills: Arson, Artisan, Craftsman (e), Logistics, Military Engineer, Weaponmaster
Items: None
Calistoknight
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: N/A

Postby Lance of Llanwyln » 23 Oct 2012, 16:33

Yuan Teng crouched upon a small hillside just outside camp, bow drawn taut. He let loose an arrow, which struck a tree some distance away. He frowned, seemingly dissatisfied with his aim. He had been fighting for almost six years now in Huang Zhong's burgeoning force. First it had been Yellow Turbans and bandits, now it was a tyrant. Whatever it was, it was chaos and all the destruction it entailed. Yuan Teng had been eager to fight all those years ago, leaving his wife to raise his then-infant sons alone. She had been cross with him, but, to his mind, it was important to fight, so that his sons could know the peace his own father had enjoyed and that he himself had known in his early life.
He notched another arrow, sighting it carefully. His aim would have to be true if he were to return home once more.
Open RP
Yuan Teng(styled Zhongjian 忠箭), 32
66-78-60-36-75 Farmer, Scout, Valor, Missile, Arrowstorm
Lance of Llanwyln
Ely's LoLlypop!

Location: No doubt somewhere where I'm not responding to RP;)
Kingdom: None

Postby Feng Zhefu » 23 Oct 2012, 16:53

Ao Rong was a minor military official, serving under Xiahou Yuan - several levels under Xiahou Yuan, but under him nonetheless. His family had lived in Chen Liu for several generations, and he knew that if the Alliance lost here that Dong Zhuo and his butchers would descend upon that city and make the people pay for daring to oppose the butcher. He didn't want the horrors of war to be visited upon his wife and young daughter, so he fought.

Having fought against the Yellow Turbans he was no stranger to battle, but he was not the type of man who sought it eagerly. He wandered around the camp, trying to ease his mind. He noted the banners as he walked by them - truly the mightiest lords of the land had gathered; ready to oppose this tyrant with all their might. If they lost, there would be none left to fight Dong Zhuo - he would run rampant over the land. At least, that's what Ao Rong believed. Ao Rong traveled absent-minded through the camp of the great forces of Cao Cao - oblivious to the conversations going on around him. It would take a strong jolt to get him out of his own thoughts.

Open RP
Venerate the Immortal Emperor.
Feng Zhefu
Adeptus Sororitas

Kingdom: Ordo Hereticus

Postby Penguinguy37 » 23 Oct 2012, 18:41

@Ao Rong / Feng Zhefu

Dong Wei had travelled far from his homeland in Han Zhong, leaving his wife and his child behind. He was no stranger to this, having fought against the Yellow Turbans and other bandits near Han Zhong, he was often forced to leave and fight. He did not officially serve a lord - instead he would say that he served the coalition against the tyrant Dong Zhou.

As he walked around the camp he wondered if he should find a more permament position, he saw lords Cao Cao and Gongzun Zan were two very gifted generals and intriguing rulers, but could he really continue to spend to much time away from his family?

Wei would have to admit, he felt slightly intimidated in this camp, he had never seen so many troops together. He was use to leading small numbers of troops against bandits and being a leader. He was not use to being a soldier in the army. He could see the various generals around the camp, there were those talking strategy, those talking about administration and those talking about utter nonsense.

As he walked around the camp he spotted another man, walking around with no apparent purpose or direction. Wei was exhausted and hungry from this long voyage. He walked over and tapped the man on the back, "So where can one find some food around here, I've ventured all the way from Han Zhong to fight this Dong Zhou, I've got to rest up." As he tried to talk to the man, he was unsure of if he actually heard him...
V6 (Pre-Game)
Dong Wei (76-70-66-56-54)
Penguinguy37
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Ping Pong Pattapong

Postby Feng Zhefu » 23 Oct 2012, 20:40

Penguinguy37 wrote:As he walked around the camp he spotted another man, walking around with no apparent purpose or direction. Wei was exhausted and hungry from this long voyage. He walked over and tapped the man on the back, "So where can one find some food around here, I've ventured all the way from Han Zhong to fight this Dong Zhou, I've got to rest up." As he tried to talk to the man, he was unsure of if he actually heard him...

Ao Rong bolted out of his idle thoughts with the tap on his back. It took him just a moment to catch his bearings before he could reply. "Food? Food you say? The lord you serve must have provided his men with food, certainly?" Ao Rong began to grow curious "Or are you one of those more ... shall we say, mercenary types? With no Lord or Master to provide for you?"

The wheels continued to turn in his head and curiosity turned to suspicion perhaps, a spy? he thought, only half-jokingly. What should he do? What if the man had been sent by Dong Zhuo in an effort to burn some of the food supplies ... a trained spy wouldn't be that blatant though, would he? Ao Rong feared that paranoia was getting the best of him - best to just engage the man with conversation, for now - if need be ... perhaps he could overpower the stranger, if his suspicions were increased further.
Venerate the Immortal Emperor.
Feng Zhefu
Adeptus Sororitas

Kingdom: Ordo Hereticus

Postby Penguinguy37 » 23 Oct 2012, 20:58

Curious. thought Dong Wei as he took a better look at the man. He could see that he had startled him, and he couldn't help but notice that the man seemed to be worried about something.

"No I don't have a lord, or a master," he said as he leaned back against a fence, "But I am definitely not a mercenary, I'm here to fight against Dong Zhou; I am here on my own will, no one is paying me, but I am actually interested in finding a more... permanent position in someone's ranks" he thought for a moment before saying, "...That is assuming of course, that I can make the commitment to staying out here for so long. But I guess I'll have to if the world is just going to plunge into more chaos sooner than later." he stopped with a sigh as he thought of the bloodshed which was going to come within the next few days.

"...What about you," he started, growing intrigued by the man, "do you serve a lord?" he finished with a quick look up and down at the man, wondering if he was as worrying as much about this conflict as Wei was.
V6 (Pre-Game)
Dong Wei (76-70-66-56-54)
Penguinguy37
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Ping Pong Pattapong

Next

Return to Role-play Forum