[Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: [Pre-game] Alliance Forces Roleplay

Postby Han Shao » 16 Jun 2013, 01:22

The man smiled, a toothy ugly grin, "Meijiu. It has a bit of a kick- well aged. I've been stashing it for quite some time- didn't want anyone to get drunk if there was an attack or orders. Actually, I had hoped to pop it open when we took Luoyang but... well... I guess you could say that hasn't changed."

The older man shrugged, "There's no helping it now."
Gān Quán (虷荃) zi Gōnghuā (公花)

The glib tongued eunuch
Stats: 29-13-34-33-94
Skills: Negotiator, Networking, Propaganda, Scribe, Spy, Wealth(e)
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Kingdom: Gobwin Knob

Postby Justice » 17 Jun 2013, 00:55

Han Shao wrote:The man smiled, a toothy ugly grin, "Meijiu. It has a bit of a kick- well aged. I've been stashing it for quite some time- didn't want anyone to get drunk if there was an attack or orders. Actually, I had hoped to pop it open when we took Luoyang but... well... I guess you could say that hasn't changed."

The older man shrugged, "There's no helping it now."

"There's no helping it now. Indeed."

Riding onto the scene, Qiao Rui, flanked by two troopers, saluted the bearer of wine before dismounting and addressing his visitor.

"Here to celebrate our lack of casualties? Or mourn the death of a city? Or both?"
Yuan Shu, Lu Fan, and Qiao Rui
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Kingdom: Aimless Wanderer

Postby Han Shao » 18 Jun 2013, 00:00

A sardonic smile escaped from the man's lips, "I suppose it is all how you look at it." He replied, returning the salute as best he could with one gripping the flask, "I actually didn't come solely to drink, Lord Qiao."

He looked at the guard with upraised eyebrows, and then to Qiao Rui, offering his hand to enter with a smile, "I thought I might try to divine some of Lord Yuan's plans from you once you were all liquored up, to be truthful."

The glib tongued eunuch
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Postby Justice » 18 Jun 2013, 00:49

Han Shao wrote:A sardonic smile escaped from the man's lips, "I suppose it is all how you look at it." He replied, returning the salute as best he could with one gripping the flask, "I actually didn't come solely to drink, Lord Qiao."

He looked at the guard with upraised eyebrows, and then to Qiao Rui, offering his hand to enter with a smile, "I thought I might try to divine some of Lord Yuan's plans from you once you were all liquored up, to be truthful."

He motioned for the guest to follow him into the tent where he sat down before speaking.

"It will take a lot more wine than you have to divine much from an old warhorse like me."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby Xuang Ren » 18 Jun 2013, 02:35

Streams of humans and animals flooded the road leaving the capital Luo Yang. Desperation and disbelief hung on nearly all their faces. Some manages to carry a cart full of whatever belonging they could save, others are just dragging whoever left of their family members. All too familiar scene for Su Hong, in fact he had took part in causing similar thing in the past.

Hong tried to find out what had happened, but it's near impossible to extract information from these distressed and confused people. All that he manages to gather is that the capital is burning to the ground, but by whose deliberation? As far as he know, the Allied forces are still held in Hu Lao gate. Did they broke through? But he should have heard about it on the way here. One does not simply burn a city as large as Luo Yang in a mere few days.

Now he just stands on the roadside, trying to identify a face among the stream. A face he never even see before.

"Great now, how I am supposed to find this Yun Wen person?"

He had accepted this job to find and convince a man in the capital to bring his family out of the city before the allied force arrive and besiege it. But such simple task is no longer an easy money as he thought before.

Su Hong finally gave up, and sat down. He's not sure what to do anymore, and pretty sure rushing headlong to the capital is exactly a great idea.

"It'd be nice if someone who's still got nerve and some intelligence could explain to me what had happened."

Open RP
Pre-game: Su Hong
Xuang Ren
Experienced Officer

Kingdom: Free

Postby Han Shao » 18 Jun 2013, 03:10

The man nodded and chuckled, "I figured as much."

"Ah well." He said, taking a seat beside his host and offering his flask to a cupbearer, "What else is there to do? The way I see it- this war's done. No one will want to chase the tyrant into Chang An. We might have taken the capital, but one more battle like that and we'll lose the war."

He leaned close, "I'm just a career soldier... I've got some land to me and some good wealth but no name. I'm not privy to the Lord's meetings and plans, so perhaps you could tell me. What's next for the Alliance? Or rather, what's next for our lord?"

The glib tongued eunuch
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Postby Justice » 19 Jun 2013, 00:18

Han Shao wrote:The man nodded and chuckled, "I figured as much."

"Ah well." He said, taking a seat beside his host and offering his flask to a cupbearer, "What else is there to do? The way I see it- this war's done. No one will want to chase the tyrant into Chang An. We might have taken the capital, but one more battle like that and we'll lose the war."

He leaned close, "I'm just a career soldier... I've got some land to me and some good wealth but no name. I'm not privy to the Lord's meetings and plans, so perhaps you could tell me. What's next for the Alliance? Or rather, what's next for our lord?"

The general poured himself a cup of wine and took a long drink before he finally spoke.

"Seems rather unfair to Chang An to leave it in his grasp. But from a military standpoint a campaign against the Old Capital would be very risky. We'd be closer to Dong Zhuo's power base in Liangzhou and I doubt the lands between Luo Yang and Chang An could keep an army alive.

As for Lord Yuan Shu, I really don't know. His army is still intact and he can claim he helped take the Capital. But he hasn't taken me into his confidences about any future moves as of now."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby Han Shao » 21 Jun 2013, 19:07

The veteran didn't seem very pleased, "I fear that you are correct, Lord Qiao... And truly that is a sad fact. Perhaps some in the Alliance will pursue Lu Bu and Dong Zhuo- Cao Cao may try to avenge his kin... or Yuan Shao his pride." He set his empty cup down, "I am an old man... I fear I shall die with the realm in shambles, the emperor kidnapped, the capital in ruins, and the regional lords each a king to themselves." Kuǎi Fàng shook his head, "Now I have only my sons' futures to concern me... Mayhaps you could introduce me to Lord Lu Fan, then?" the officer had said, pouring himself another cup.

The glib tongued eunuch
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Postby Justice » 22 Jun 2013, 00:21

Han Shao wrote:The veteran didn't seem very pleased, "I fear that you are correct, Lord Qiao... And truly that is a sad fact. Perhaps some in the Alliance will pursue Lu Bu and Dong Zhuo- Cao Cao may try to avenge his kin... or Yuan Shao his pride." He set his empty cup down, "I am an old man... I fear I shall die with the realm in shambles, the emperor kidnapped, the capital in ruins, and the regional lords each a king to themselves." Kuǎi Fàng shook his head, "Now I have only my sons' futures to concern me... Mayhaps you could introduce me to Lord Lu Fan, then?" the officer had said, pouring himself another cup.

He smiled slightly.

"Hoping that the young strategist has better answers than an old soldier like myself?"
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby Han Shao » 22 Jun 2013, 03:44

"But I am curious." Kuǎi Fàng replied, "Perhaps I should introduce my sons to the court of Lord Yuan as well. Jìn would be able to learn much from a seasoned soldier as yourself... but my eldest, ah, he's... impetuous at times. Clever and quick to think on his feet but he gets himself into trouble too much."

He shrugged, "They are both men grown, minor lordlings even. I only wish my petty contributions will amount to something in Lord Yuan's eyes. Leave a name behind, more than I started with. Perhaps they'll do the same for their children."

The glib tongued eunuch
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Postby Justice » 23 Jun 2013, 20:51

Han Shao wrote:"But I am curious." Kuǎi Fàng replied, "Perhaps I should introduce my sons to the court of Lord Yuan as well. Jìn would be able to learn much from a seasoned soldier as yourself... but my eldest, ah, he's... impetuous at times. Clever and quick to think on his feet but he gets himself into trouble too much."

He shrugged, "They are both men grown, minor lordlings even. I only wish my petty contributions will amount to something in Lord Yuan's eyes. Leave a name behind, more than I started with. Perhaps they'll do the same for their children."

The general stroked his beard.

"I think you did the absolute best thing a father can do for his sons in this time of war. You kept them alive. But if you want to, I can see if I can find Lu Fan. He's likely fretting over the turn in events from the whole Luo Yang fiasco."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Postby Han Shao » 23 Jun 2013, 23:11

"Hmph." The man grunted, "I wouldn't be so sure. I have a fourth son. Guàng. A eunuch." Fàng had nothing but contempt in his voice as he spoke the words, "I am sure he was in Luoyang. If he survived the chaos of the pillaging, then surely he's off following the tyrant, probably holding Dong Zhuo's cape to keep it from being sullied."

He shrugged, shaking his head before he said, "Guàng's still my son, though... so I suppose I should drink to his health, eh?" Fàng lifted up his cup and drank.

The glib tongued eunuch
Han Shao
So Totally Banned

Postby Justice » 25 Jun 2013, 21:31

Han Shao wrote:"Hmph." The man grunted, "I wouldn't be so sure. I have a fourth son. Guàng. A eunuch." Fàng had nothing but contempt in his voice as he spoke the words, "I am sure he was in Luoyang. If he survived the chaos of the pillaging, then surely he's off following the tyrant, probably holding Dong Zhuo's cape to keep it from being sullied."

He shrugged, shaking his head before he said, "Guàng's still my son, though... so I suppose I should drink to his health, eh?" Fàng lifted up his cup and drank.

Qiao Rui raised his cup.

"To Guang."

He took a drink before continuing.

"A true tragedy about Luo Yang. This Dong Zhuo doesn't have a sense of honor, but he does have a sense of the military. I will bet that his men pillaged the city before burning it. That way he can keep their loyalty."
Justice
Womanizing Über Diplomat
Womanizing Über Diplomat

Previous

Return to Role-play Forum