[Pre-game] Dong Zhuo's Kingdom Roleplay Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: [Pre-game] Dong Zhuo's Kingdom Roleplay Thread

Postby ShadInquis » 28 Jan 2013, 16:18

~ Jaerdean

6. September 190

Ding Ma was wandering outside the city. No matter how hard he tried, the walls, the houses, the sheer number of people were almost crushing him. He needed a rest in the outskirts, even if it put him at risk.

There was another reason Ding Ma visited the outskirts. Here in an area not captured by the Alliance, but already beyond Dong Zhou's control, the people could speak their mind, discuss events and the lords. This information was vital to understand the situation in the country. And choose which lord to follow to achieve his own ambitions.

After thinking about his attire, he decided that a civilian's attire that Zhe Qi suggested would not work. He simply did not look local. "Maybe I should grow a long beard", he mused. But he found a much more natural and simple look. A caravan guard. This was ideal for the situation, and he had enough history with merchants to name real caravans and merchants to which he could be attributed.

Entering a tavern, he noticed, that that usual atmosphere was missing. The chaos of the defeat (and fear of looting) weighed down on people. However, there was another difference. A new man was sitting in the tavern, not someone Ding Ma has seen before. Loose clothing, unusual in this weather, made him stand out. The man looked exhausted both physically and mentally, but one look at him made it clear: this man was very strong. This was too much of an opportunity to pass.

"Good day, sir. Would you like to share a drink with me?"
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Korin » 28 Jan 2013, 21:54

"Yes - I would like a drink with you. Wine is alright? Oh, by the way the name is Yan Shen - former officer of He Jin before he got killed by the Eunuchs, I wandered into town looking for a Lord to serve. Do you know any?"
Inactive.
Korin
Ranking Officer

Postby Jaerdean » 29 Jan 2013, 00:08

ShadInquis wrote:~ Jaerdean

6. September 190

Ding Ma was wandering outside the city. No matter how hard he tried, the walls, the houses, the sheer number of people were almost crushing him. He needed a rest in the outskirts, even if it put him at risk.

Entering a tavern, he noticed, that that usual atmosphere was missing. The chaos of the defeat (and fear of looting) weighed down on people. However, there was another difference. A new man was sitting in the tavern, not someone Ding Ma has seen before. Loose clothing, unusual in this weather, made him stand out. The man looked exhausted both physically and mentally, but one look at him made it clear: this man was very strong. This was too much of an opportunity to pass.

Tong Ying looked up from his cup of wine, startled. He relaxed when his mind interpreted the words, realizing that this man was not one he had wanted to avoid. He took a quick look at the man, making swift judgment before downing the rest of his wine. He put the cup on the table, the wood on wood making a distinct clack, and Ying attempted at a smile, though it likely looked haunted and weary. The wine did revive him a little, not overmuch, and he could already feel it working to soothe his tense muscles. The aching in his arm and back had withdrawn ever so slightly.

"Why not," Tong Ying said, beckoning for another cup and some more wine. As he waited, he decided on smalltalk. "So what is your story?"
v6 Yue Bao zi Kong
Statting: 42-89-82-32-32 Alchemist; Invent; Medic; Mystic

"Hey, you sass that hoopy Yindun Zhe? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
Jaerdean
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Postby ShadInquis » 29 Jan 2013, 11:41

~ Jaerdean

Ding Ma waited patiently as the man downed another cup of wine and tried to smile. "This smile could have scared off a band of bloodthirsty bandits" Ding Ma thought, as he sat down opposite the man, ordering tea. He has taken a liking to this drink and it helped him keep a clear mind. He was now quite confident that loose clothes concealed some weapon beneath them. A former soldier like himself? But why hide the weapon? A deserter, perhaps? Very common in the remnants of Dong Zhou's army. In this case, it's best to start carefully. Wine loosens tongues, but it also loosens self restraint. And Ding Ma had no intention of ending up with a knife in the belly.

"My story? It's the same for all the city at the moment. Everyone is thinking of how to survive the imminent defeat with the least damage. And time is running out." He paused for a moment. "According to the talk of the streets, the only remaining combat ready troop is Jia Xu's. The path from Hu Lao gate is open. The remaining troops too weak to pose a threat and...", Ding ma finally came to the part he wanted to say from the start "some of them don't seem to even be trying". He looked intently at the man, hoping to see his feeling in his expression.
Last edited by ShadInquis on 30 Jan 2013, 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Jaerdean » 30 Jan 2013, 03:12

ShadInquis

Tong Ying accepted the bottle of wine from the passing serving woman, filled his cup, then offered a cup to the man sitting across from him. Sipping his wine this time - Ying had begun to feel the effect of drinking the first two cups at such great speed - he took in a few deep breaths, listening to the man. After hearing him the whole way through, Ying sighed.

"I doubt Dong Zhuo's armies will last much longer. As you said, there are many who do not care, and many soldiers who are too harried and tired to feel more than a carnal need for food and rest. Morale is low, and though loyalty may be there, the blood-soaked fields and constant barrage from the enemy break even the best of men."

The man turned to face Ding Ma. His features hardened, his face no longer looking quite so uncertain. Yes, the weariness was there, but there was no haunted expression, no look of fear. "And then there are some, who know when the battle is lost, and must recover, for when the time is right, the war will need to be won."
v6 Yue Bao zi Kong

"Hey, you sass that hoopy Yindun Zhe? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is."
Jaerdean
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Postby ShadInquis » 30 Jan 2013, 17:15

~ Jaerdean

Ding Ma wondered for a moment how to best answer the words. But only for a moment.

"What you say is true. But the war which needs to be won is different for everyone. A farmer's war is to preserve his crops that will keep him alive. A soldier's war is to kill or be killed. A scholar's war is to outsmart his opponent. "

"There is another type of war. The war of a man to become more than just a farmer, a soldier or a scholar. A war to take the place one deserves. Indeed the battle may be lost here, but the war will still be won."
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Jaerdean » 02 Feb 2013, 05:04

Tong Ying shrugged, obviously uncomfortable with the current state of the conversation. Though his thoughts began to blur and swim, he still sipped steadily on the wine, somehow agitated over the man response.

"I agree that the war is not yet won, but what can a man do, but bide time until the true victory is at hand? Until then, who knows... I have contemplated going south and west, far away from these alliances and forces. Rest, train, and prepare."

Tong Ying seemed to almost forget himself, so absorbed in watching this other, that he hadn't realized all the clues he had dropped in his desertion in Dong Zhuo's army.
v6 Yue Bao zi Kong

Jaerdean
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Postby ShadInquis » 04 Feb 2013, 14:04

~ Jaerdean

Going south and east are indeed interesting possibilities. But is not better to lay low in the city, to arm yourself with knowledge about the state of affairs? Knowledge that will help you win your war.

Ding Ma slowly sipped the tea and observed the surrounding, worried that there may be some, who will try to listen in on the conversation.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Marzy » 04 Feb 2013, 23:15

Lionheart wrote:When Lu Bu finished speaking of his plan to Wang Jin, he had to admit that he had his own doubts about it. Not for his own safety, of course. Rather, he worried about that of Lu Bu. Whether or not his plan would work, Lu Bu's life would be in tremendous danger and indeed, he may loose his life in the attempt. But Wang Jin knew of their desperation, knew of the stakes: they were too high to ignore. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

With that thought in mind, Wang Jin steeled himself and gave a military bow-salute to his general. "I'll be honest, General Lu. I care little for how history remembers me...I only care about the stability and prosperity of the dynasty. If I'm to lose my life and be remembered as a hero for helping to save the dynasty, then so be it. I will also say that I have deep reservations about your plan, purely out of your own safety: if there is one man in the military that the Han cannot afford to lose, it is you, General. However, I understand the desperate straits that we all are in at the moment, and therefore I think that your plan--while a bit reckless--is our best chance at survival."

He rose from his bow-salute and looked Lu Bu dead in the eye. For a moment his gaze was piercing and very serious. But after that moment passed his expression melted into a full-blown, toothy smile. "General Lu, I may not have served you long, but know this: I will follow you into the depths of Hell and back if need be. Not because military decorum demands it, but because I believe in you wholeheartedly. If you believe that you have even the slimmest chance of success...then go for it. I'll make sure that I can do everything I can on my end to make sure that your plan succeeds.

"Godspeed, General Lu. May the Heavens smile upon you with favor."

(Sooner or later, I'll stop falling off of the face of the earth! I promise!)

"A soldier girds on his three-span sword and climbs the wildest heights to achieve his dreams. Death does not faze me. The thought of shrinking from danger causes me more concern, so we must move forward. That is the only way for men such as us," Fengxian replied with a grim smile.

He seemed ready to say more, but held back. Perhaps he had said his share. Wang Jin had already promised his full support, and the warrior didn't really want to suppress his lieutenant's morale. Instead, he simply nodded to the man before him and said, "I'm counting on you to support me. I pray for your success."
Kunhua | 36 - 40 - 82 - 75 - 78 | Acumen; Alchemist; Medic; Riot; Rumor; Spy; Stealth (e)
Guest spots: Lu Bu, Zhang Song

/|
(゚、 。 7  - NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_,)ノ
Marzy
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Kingdom: Minzhe-land?

Postby Jaerdean » 05 Feb 2013, 02:37

ShadInquis wrote:~ Jaerdean

Going south and east are indeed interesting possibilities. But is not better to lay low in the city, to arm yourself with knowledge about the state of affairs? Knowledge that will help you win your war.

Ding Ma slowly sipped the tea and observed the surrounding, worried that there may be some, who will try to listen in on the conversation.

Tong Ying waved the idea off. "I am a fighter, not a politician. Perhaps I have a little skill with tactics, but not enough to lead an overlarge amount of folk. I just don't see the point in staying here, where danger is high."

He eyed the wine in his cup now, his mouth twisting in a grimace as he did so. All of a sudden the pale liquid no longer appealed to him. "Besides, there is nothing to keep me here."
v6 Yue Bao zi Kong

Jaerdean
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Postby Method89 » 09 Feb 2013, 23:42

So this was the city. Civilized men made things so complex. Xing rubbed his head, he didn’t know if it hurt from thinking such thoughts or looking upon the giant dung of bricks and stone. He held no liking for the Han, yet talks of war had been spouting up like pesky weeds. Perhaps, no, whoever it was would need an experience leader, with ties not only to locals but the land. Would this warlord leave his flanks open? Xing again rubbed his head, It mater not, the Han were distrustful and never keen on such things.
Casually he rode on around the city, before finally advancing towards the gates. He could hear the busy chattier of people. Harshly they spoke about the coalition, others in anguish of how they had been treated by Dong Zhuo, yet a strong name resounded, from all. Xing eyes narrowed, a simple thought coming to mind….
Pre-Game
Nomadic tribal raider
勾幸 Gou Xing (18)
70-86-60-33-75
Ambush,Breeder,Blitz(e),Duelist,Formation,Valor
Method89
Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby ShadInquis » 18 Feb 2013, 19:01

Jaerdean wrote:Tong Ying waved the idea off. "I am a fighter, not a politician. Perhaps I have a little skill with tactics, but not enough to lead an overlarge amount of folk. I just don't see the point in staying here, where danger is high."

He eyed the wine in his cup now, his mouth twisting in a grimace as he did so. All of a sudden the pale liquid no longer appealed to him. "Besides, there is nothing to keep me here."

~OOC: sorry for the long delay in replying to this. Dissertation midyear pileup.

~ Jaerdean

Ding Ma paused for some time. Going south was an interesting idea. Surprisingly, the records in the city libraries on the south were missing. Other than Hua Xin controlling Nan Chang, no-one had any idea of what was happening there. Likely, something very exciting, but dangerous, was brewing there. Ding Ma voiced his suspicions to the man sat across him and added:

"Why don't we go south together? It may be safer than travelling alone in unknown territory. And you look like a reliable person. I would still prefer to see how this battle ends before we venture to far south though. It is important to confirm who will be the big players in the central lands."
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Jaerdean » 23 Feb 2013, 19:19

ShadInquis

The man mulled the information over for a moment before replying. "Staying here would allow a first-hand account on what happens - far more accurate than second-hand accounts, but far more dangerous. Best to hear a collection of rumors and accounts, piece together what happened, and learn from that. I am heading south. If you choose to come with, then so be it. I can use the company, and perhaps your glib tongue will help grease wheels that I've yet to need greased."
v6 Yue Bao zi Kong

Jaerdean
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Postby ShadInquis » 01 Mar 2013, 16:47

~ Jaerdean

Ding Ma could not hold back his exclamation. "So be it! We will go together!", he shouted, summoning the serving woman with a gesture: "a cup of wine".

After all, he could always rely on the merchants' reports - often more accurate than anyone else's. After all, a good understanding of politics is necessary to plan successful trading strategies which could last for decades. And after all, there was always Zhe Qi, the merchant who was more than just a merchant. He said he is leaving too, though Ding Ma was sure he would be keeping his hand on the pulse of the capital. Open Palm Inn, was it? Ding Ma made a mental note to visit the bartender and arrange a meeting before leaving the city.

Finally, the serving woman brought the wine. Ding Ma raised the simple cheap cup as if it was an ornate goblet. "I drink", he said slowly, "to our success in this journey. I drink to our growth in the south. And I drink...", he looked his companion directly in the eyes and said quietly, but with none of the relaxing tone: "... I drink to the day we return here and make sure all debts are repaid".

~OOC: this RP will continue after next turn update.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Aureal » 05 May 2013, 16:24

It was not supper-time. Howevermuch haste he was in, Li Ru still made sure of that before making his way into Dong Zhuo's halls in Luoyang. His crimson and violet garb rustled as the tall advisor moved in as swift a manner as possible while trying to maintain the semblance of calm.

"Milord," he began, "I have just returned from the field with news and... a plan."
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum