[Pre-game] Dong Zhuo's Kingdom Roleplay Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: [Pre-game] Dong Zhuo's Kingdom Roleplay Thread

Postby Xiahou Mao » 05 May 2013, 18:51

Though it wasn't meal time, Dong Zhuo was still quite clearly in a mood. He'd heard the reports from the field already, and the news that Liu Biao had been killed was not enough to offset the news that Lu Bu was defeated, and that the Coalition was past the gate and marching upon Luo Yang. He should never have trusted those morons, he should have handled it himself!

Dong Zhuo: You'd damn well better have a plan! I sure as hell didn't give you my daughter's hand in marriage because you charmed me or her into it. I did it because you're good at getting us out of the fire! So how are you going to do that?

Though clearly seething, he didn't rise from his throne, instead waiting to hear what scheme his son-in-law had come up with.
Xiahou Mao - True Hero of the Three Kingdoms!
Xiahou Mao
Don't Cross The Boss
Don't Cross The Boss

Postby Lionheart » 05 May 2013, 19:01

Wang Jin huffed and puffed as his horse carried him further and further away from the destruction. He and his lone surviving aide rode as fast as their horses could carry them. It wasn't long before they evaded their pursuers were shaken off, allowing them a few moments to dismount and rest before moving on. While Wang Jin's aide managed to safely dismount his horse, Wang Jin was another story: he attempted to dismount his horse, but instead ended up crumpling to the ground in a heap. His aide, alarmed, ran over to him and soon could see why he fell.

Blood. And lots of it. Gushing from a mortal wound to his stomach. His skin was pale, his breathing labored. "Sir!" the aide said. "Let m--"

"No!" Wang Jin hissed through clenched teeth. "No. I'm dead, I know it. Don't even try to help me. Go, leave. Save yourself. You've been a good man, Fan, but I do believe that...our time together has come to an end."

The aide, Fan, remained silent, knowing that Wang Jin's words rang true. Wang Jin took a few more labored breaths before he reached into his satchel and came out with a parchment of paper. "Here. Take...take this to my wife. She should be in Tian Shui by now, if she fled from the capital like...like I told her to do. Please...please do not fail me in this task, Fan. I only ask that...that if you still wish to serve me, do me one last favor...deliver to her this letter. And tell her...tell her to raise our daughter right. Tell her that...that I will see her at the Nine Springs."

He groaned, then coughed up blood. Yet, despite that, a small smile appeared on his face. "Go now, Fan. Leave. The rebels will use my corpse to make an example of 'traitors'. I don't wish for the same fate to befall you."

"Yes. Yes, sir," Fan said as he remounted his horse. "I will not fail you, Lieutenant-General."

"Thank you," he breathed, his voice barely audible. "Thank you..."

And with that, Wang Jin slumped to the ground, his last few breaths escaping his lips. The last thing he saw before his vision started to cloud up (was he crying? He could not tell) was Fan riding off into the distance, heading west. In his last final moments, he allowed himself a small, weak smile.

'At least I did what I thought was right,' he thought. 'Mei...I'm so sorry. Take care of our daughter...please...'

And then the brightness overwhelmed his vision and his consciousness faded into nothing.
~ Wang Jin (Male, 155-193)
~ Hua Xin (Male, 157- ???) 37-54-67-90-71 | Skills: Acumen, Administration, Civil Engineer, Farmer, Investigator, Networking, Propaganda, Rumour
~ ???? ?? (?, ???) ??-??-??-??-??
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Kingdom: Chen Wei

Postby Aureal » 05 May 2013, 20:04

Xiahou Mao wrote:Though clearly seething, he didn't rise from his throne, instead waiting to hear what scheme his son-in-law had come up with.

Unfazed by Dong Zhuo's outburst, Li Ru continued as he advanced towards the more portly man seated on the throne. "You recall what we have discussed, about the location of the capitol? I propose that we accelerate those plans. Greatly. And the rebel forces, they will thereby see the folly of this attack..."

"In one action, you will solidify your control over the Emperor, amass a great supply of treasure, and send a message to that rebellious fool Yuan Shao that your power is not to be contested or there will be consequences... Grave consequences..."

There was a hard glint in his eye as he trailed off, stepping in close to quietly speak the details of his plan to the guardian of the Han...
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Postby Marzy » 05 May 2013, 21:05

What an unmitigated disaster.

Fengxian whipped his steed again, urging Red Hare to go on a quicker pace to Luoyang. He had to report to the Regent about what had happened. The warrior's plans did not amount to much more than ash in the breeze at this point, but he could at least live to fight again.

All was lost. His grand ideas dashed. His followers and supporters scattered. All he had left resided in his horse and his blade. He would build anew. But he wasn't sure what that meant for the Han...

Harrumph. Fengxian whipped his steed again, though Red Hare could go no faster. He would report and begin again. That was all he could do.
Kunhua | 36 - 40 - 82 - 75 - 78 | Acumen; Alchemist; Medic; Riot; Rumor; Spy; Stealth (e)
Guest spots: Lu Bu, Zhang Song

/|
(゚、 。 7  - NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_,)ノ
Marzy
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Kingdom: Minzhe-land?

Postby fireshade » 06 May 2013, 00:38

"Blasted idiots!" Jia Xu exclaimed with a curse.

Liu Biao was dead, as promised, but now General Lu's force was defeated and the mighty warrior was likely on his way back to the capitol. The western assault appeared to be stalled, but that was of little comfort if the reports from the East were true. There was only one thing to do...

"Fall back! We must make our way back to Luoyang and consolidate our forces with the city defenses!"

Jia Xu cursed again. His cunning plan was starting to unravel, and his lofty intellect was whirling in an attempt to salvage it.
Pre-game: Jia Xu, ???
fireshade
Officer With Many Posts

Location: In that kingdom. No, not that one, the other one. No, the good one.
Kingdom: That one

Postby Ishy Julu » 22 May 2013, 15:19

September, 190, Luoyang.

Dark blue robes swirled in the evening wind. Despite spending most of his time here, in Luoyang, he was starting to think that it was time to relocate. The fires were springing up with more and more ferocity and frequency, as the order were handed down to torch what was once the heart of the Han. Where to, now? Would they relocate to Chang'an? Chengdu? Maybe to Ye? He was not privy to that information. Not yet. The scholar, and poet known as Sima Dan. Eyes pierced the smoke and darkness to the best of his ability, a few carts and carriages being prepared by his servants. "Be swift. There is much to do yet, and I have no idea where we shall find ourselves now." He'd murmur to one of the men getting belongings of his manor together.

Sima Dan frowned in thought, walking through the gardens that he would likely never see again. The constant ash flung through the air were ruining the water, the grass, anything that grew, was slowly but surely decaying, thanks to the plot of Dong Zhuo. He held no ill will, though. It was never a good thing to allow ones enemies to wade and wallow in the success that you had built, yes? Mounting a dark-haired horse, he would trot it out into the streets, lost in the thought, as he had servants, what few were left, and the few soldiers on the compound, were awaiting. "Now, then. If only I could find his Majesty himself, or someone close. I must find out where the winds of fate will take me next."

And so, he trotted forward, as he did not live too terribly far from the Imperial Palace. His family had always been fairly well-to-do, affording him a solid education, and time and the ability to hone and harness his skills as a scholar. That was not enough. A heavy blade hung from his saddle, sheathed in a leather scabbard, to avoid injuring his steed. He wanted to be a solid martial soldier, as well. One day, he would find the ability and time for that. For now, he'd look, and wait. Perhaps he'd find the sneaky, weasely Li Ru, or even the great Dong Zhuo himself.

Open for whomever!
Sima Dan, zi Jingqiao
40/35/90/78/51
Counter, Siegecraft, Strategics, Tactician [e], Terrain
Ishy Julu
Not Allowed Near Lakes

Kingdom: NOL

Postby Big Grizzy » 09 Jun 2013, 00:57

Ishy Julu wrote:September, 190, Luoyang.

Dark blue robes swirled in the evening wind. Despite spending most of his time here, in Luoyang, he was starting to think that it was time to relocate. The fires were springing up with more and more ferocity and frequency, as the order were handed down to torch what was once the heart of the Han. Where to, now? Would they relocate to Chang'an? Chengdu? Maybe to Ye? He was not privy to that information. Not yet. The scholar, and poet known as Sima Dan. Eyes pierced the smoke and darkness to the best of his ability, a few carts and carriages being prepared by his servants. "Be swift. There is much to do yet, and I have no idea where we shall find ourselves now." He'd murmur to one of the men getting belongings of his manor together.

Sima Dan frowned in thought, walking through the gardens that he would likely never see again. The constant ash flung through the air were ruining the water, the grass, anything that grew, was slowly but surely decaying, thanks to the plot of Dong Zhuo. He held no ill will, though. It was never a good thing to allow ones enemies to wade and wallow in the success that you had built, yes? Mounting a dark-haired horse, he would trot it out into the streets, lost in the thought, as he had servants, what few were left, and the few soldiers on the compound, were awaiting. "Now, then. If only I could find his Majesty himself, or someone close. I must find out where the winds of fate will take me next."

And so, he trotted forward, as he did not live too terribly far from the Imperial Palace. His family had always been fairly well-to-do, affording him a solid education, and time and the ability to hone and harness his skills as a scholar. That was not enough. A heavy blade hung from his saddle, sheathed in a leather scabbard, to avoid injuring his steed. He wanted to be a solid martial soldier, as well. One day, he would find the ability and time for that. For now, he'd look, and wait. Perhaps he'd find the sneaky, weasely Li Ru, or even the great Dong Zhuo himself.

Open for whomever!

Bu Qin ran back and forth between a well and the buildings nearby on fire. On his broad shoulders he carried two poles with a bucket on each end. As he ran he issued orders to those just looking around dumbstruck. If he could get them moving, at least this section of the city might be spared. He whirled with his buckets after dousing the last flames on an inn wall and spied a well dressed man riding toward the palace.

"You there," he bellowed, "Get off your horse and grab a bucket!"
Bu Qin (22) - Tanner from Luoyang
*Stats: 80-80-60-38-54
*Skills: Breeder, Investigator (e), Leader, Valor, Vehemence, Weaponmaster

Han Ji (67) - Taoist Mystic from Cheng Du
*Stats: 40-36-92-56-77
*Skills: Fortunate, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda

*Stats and skills are approximate pending posting of character creation rules. Only one character will have stats when gameplay starts.
Big Grizzy
Experienced Officer

Kingdom: Not Applicable

Postby Ishy Julu » 10 Jun 2013, 10:12

Sima Dan spent a few more moments staring at this man. He had no idea who they were, much less why they were shouting and making demands and orders. He would however, comply. Sliding off his horse, he'd picket it against a tree, and search around for a pair of buckets, to start grasping water. "You realize, of course," He'd begin, sliding a pole between the two buckets, to carry them easier. "That this place is doomed, right? I cannot say I am fond of lost causes or losing battles." But still, Sima Dan would humor this individual, and help him attempt to put out the raging fires in Luoyang.
Sima Dan, zi Jingqiao
40/35/90/78/51
Counter, Siegecraft, Strategics, Tactician [e], Terrain
Ishy Julu
Not Allowed Near Lakes

Kingdom: NOL

Postby Big Grizzy » 10 Jun 2013, 14:59

Bu QIn actually stumbled a step when the man's words reached his ears, sloshing precious water onto the ground. He almost couldn't believe it, though the soldiers running around setting the city on fire had shaken his faith in his fellow man already. He recovered himself enough to resettle the poles on his shoulders. "I may be one man against an army, but I won't do nothing while the capital, my home, burns!"
Bu Qin (22) - Tanner from Luoyang
*Stats: 80-80-60-38-54
*Skills: Breeder, Investigator (e), Leader, Valor, Vehemence, Weaponmaster

Han Ji (67) - Taoist Mystic from Cheng Du
*Stats: 40-36-92-56-77
*Skills: Fortunate, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda

*Stats and skills are approximate pending posting of character creation rules. Only one character will have stats when gameplay starts.
Big Grizzy
Experienced Officer

Kingdom: Not Applicable

Postby dskod1 » 12 Oct 2013, 04:10

[OPEN]

Xiang li sat atop his horse which was now marching away from the city following the convoy lead by Dong Zhou west away from the now defunct capital. In the background the sound of fire coming from Louyang can still be heard with the sound being broken up by the sounds of screaming. The convoy was far away enough for the sound to no longer be heard but in Xiang Li's mind it is all that can be heard.

"An empire rises from the ashes."

He whispered to himself half trying to convince himself of what had just happened and to justify his continuing to follow the convoy. He looks off to the side of the convoy and then looks back down at the ground allowing the horse to take full leadership.

Despite the sound gone the smell still lingered around the convoy, as if following them like a curse. The stench was almost indescribable with the best words used being 'you had to be there'. Even the land and heavens themselves seemed to darken the land and bring a wrenching stop to a many peoples minds, allowing a near autonomous brain function to take over allowing them to continue walking and breathing without realising what was going on.

"Am I a official of the Han Court?"

He continued his debate to himself his mumbling seeming to get louder and louder each time.
V6 Pre-game:
Xiang Li (50)
54 - 55 - 43 - 81 - 78
Ld - War - Int - Pol - Cha
Acumen - Administration - Architect - Articulate - Charming - Propaganda
(Always looking for other people to become apart of my history/bio either friend or family to my character, just pm me.)
dskod1
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Eastern Han

Postby Kongming999 » 18 Oct 2013, 00:51

@dskod1

Had Xiang Li been any less absorbed in his own reveries, he would have noticed the strange pair of individuals walking beside him: a middle-aged man of about forty winters with a full, dark beard, and a tall, lanky lad whose chin was just beginning to show the first hints of a stubble. Both of their heads were clean-shaven. The young one was clothed in a simple brown robe, but the elder’s costume was obviously not of Han origin.

The man wore a roughly-hewn saffron robe that lapped at his ankles, long and flowing. Across his chest hung a string of heavy wooden beads, dark brown, which would have numbered 108 in total, had anyone taken the time to count them. On his feet were simple straw sandals that didn’t look like they offered much protection to their wearer. Those familiar with the desert cultures of the northwestern frontier would have recognized such an ensemble as kasaya: the traditional outfit of a Buddhist monk.

"Are you an officer of the Han?" asked the monk suddenly, without looking up at the troubled individual on horseback. "What is an officer? What is an office? What is the Han? Mere shadows, created by man in an attempt to maintain the illusion of meaning." The man spoke slowly and evenly, in no particular hurry and without changing volume. However, his voice, low and bell-like, cut through the dim roar of thousands like a knife through butter. Xiang Li could hear every word as if they were whispered inside his ear.

"Meaning is not something that can be made," the monk continued, almost as if speaking to himself. "No... In the end, there are no offices, no dynasties, no tyrants.... nothing."
Last edited by Kongming999 on 21 Oct 2013, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
v6 pre-game
An Shigao, Marquis of Parthia (42) 36-54-75-75-75 Charming, Networking, Riot, Rumor, Scribe, Spy, Stealth

v5: Lin Chung
Kongming999
Experienced Officer

Postby dskod1 » 21 Oct 2013, 05:57

@Kongming999

Xiang li's chain of thought was broken by the sudden entrance of a strange man. Xiang Li's head moved to look down upon this man from his gaze atop his horse.

"I am a minster of the Han."

Answered Xiang Li almost hesitantly to the man. He then listened closely to the following dialogue. It did well to distract Xiang Li from the current reality that he has almost been scared to face. After the man had finished Xiang Li stopped his horse and then dismounted, grabbing the reigns of the horse Xiang Li lead the horse as he walked next to the man. In a usual case Xiang Li would be happy to talk to anyone, but he only choose to do so now because he was afraid of what his mind would think in its current wandering state.

Xiang Li kept walking and for a while allowed a silence to air over the two individuals before finally giving a semblance of an answer.

"However if there is nothing that means that all that exists, exists everywhere and no where. Nothing is everything and everything is nothing."

Continued Xiang Li to the man completely passing the formalities of introductions in order to delve into the ocean of discussion and not allow his mind to wander to things that have come to past.
V6 Pre-game:
Xiang Li (50)
54 - 55 - 43 - 81 - 78
(Always looking for other people to become apart of my history/bio either friend or family to my character, just pm me.)
dskod1
Veteran Officer

Postby Kongming999 » 22 Oct 2013, 16:36

Upon hearing Xiang Li’s hesitant reply, the robed monk chuckled softly, as if enjoying some private joke.

"Not long ago I too was like you," the man uttered softly, "Full of questions, full of doubts... about the world, about myself, about my purpose.

Like you, I was an officer. Not of the Han, but of the Khotan, a prosperous desert kingdom along the Silk Road. I was a prince, and my father the reigning king. Being his eldest son, I would have ascended to the throne upon his passing.

We were the gatekeepers of the way into such rich lands as Parthia of the west and Tianzhu of the south. All merchants must pass through our toll booths and pay tribute, for we controlled the only sources of water within five hundred li. Gold, silver, silks salt...all flowed through our coffers like water in the mighty Yangtze. We ruled as emperors of the Taklimakan.

But also like you, I was not happy. Life was pleasant enough, I suppose, but I felt…empty. I sought for the meaning for our existence, for our purpose on this world, and was repeatedly disappointed." The monk laughed once again, seemingly amused by his past follies.

"Thus did I live, until one day, a strange man visited my kingdom. He called himself Lokaksema… 'Welfare of the world,' it means, in a language called 'Sanskrit.' He taught me but four things, and I was enlightened. All my troubles fell away upon my realization of these four truths. The Four Noble Truths."

Finally, the monk looked at his companion, smiling slightly as one might towards an old friend.

"But I shan’t bore you of such trifles if you have no wish to listen."
Last edited by Kongming999 on 23 Oct 2013, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.
v6 pre-game
An Shigao, Marquis of Parthia (42) 36-54-75-75-75 Charming, Networking, Riot, Rumor, Scribe, Spy, Stealth

Kongming999
Experienced Officer

Postby dskod1 » 22 Oct 2013, 23:15

Xiang Li listened closely to the man who now began to talk of his past. Xiang Li was more then happy to listen closely and soak in the words of the man as he gave his past to Xiang Li. Many parts of the story truly did intrigue Xiang Li, the story indeed felt much like a book to him. When the Man had finish Xiang Li stopped walking his horse stopping almost simultaneously. He turned to the man.

"Good sir, I am a minister of the Han, it is my duty to not only give advise but to also listen to it from whoever may offer it. In this the advise of the people themselves can reach the Emperor. If experience if the mother of wisdom, then any truths you have attained through experience is like being advised by the mother herself."

Xiang Li stopped himself realising that he was giving a bit of a speech on the matter when none was needed. He continued.

"It would be my honour to hear of the four noble truths however in my own turmoil I have forgotten My Duties."

Xiang Li placed his right fist up to his left palm and gave a head bow to the man.

"I Am Xiang Li of Louyang."

As Xiang Li finished introducing himself his bow ended coming up straight. He left his hands as they were however to allow the man to introduce himself as he sought fit.
V6 Pre-game:
Xiang Li (50)
54 - 55 - 43 - 81 - 78
dskod1
Veteran Officer

Postby Kongming999 » 23 Oct 2013, 23:59

In response to Xiang Li’s introduction, the monk pressed his palms together in front of his chest and lowered his head. "Amitabha," the man said, reciting the traditional Buddhist incantation as a form of greeting, "An Shigao of Khotan, at your service."

"He’s a Venerable Buddhist Master!" This came from Shigao’s young travelling companion, who had stayed silent until now.

Shigao chuckled upon hearing so bold a pronouncement, then hurried to refute the claim. "I am but a simple man of the cloth. Let others who are more accomplished than I take such honored titles."

"This is my disciple, by the way," said the elder, pointing at the youth. "His name is An Xuan. Please excuse his manners, Master Xiang. They’re meant for the best, but don’t always come across as so.

Now... We were talking about-"

"The Four Noble Truths, Master!" piped Xuan the apprentice.

"Ah, yes indeed. But since you seem so eager to speak, why don’t you explain the concept to Master Xiang?"

"Well, sure!" replied the youngster enthusiastically, putting a friendly arm around Xiang’s shoulders even though they had barely met.

"You see, good sir, there are four inherent truths in this world- four things that are promised to us humans when we’re born. The only absolutes in this world, really. The first Truth is that suffering exists. Throughout our lives, we will experience pain-through aging, sickness, death. It’s unavoidable!

The second Truth. Umm.... The second truth. Yes, there’s a second one. Quite important, it is. Truth number two. Hm... Master... Remind me again please?" An Xuan trailed off uncertainly, embarrassed that he had botched his first impression upon the minister.

Instead of answering, An Shigao chose to stare into the distance, allowing his gaze to traverse the long line of re-locators, uprooted from their ancestral homes by the war and strife of the Middle Kingdom.

"Yes... Suffering indeed..."
v6 pre-game

Kongming999
Experienced Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum