SimRTK V5 Ending Roleplay

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: SimRTK V5 Ending Roleplay

Postby Achira » 30 Oct 2012, 09:48

La listened and knew that the old scholars did their best to teach the kid.
He was gratefull for that, because education is good to find in the land of
Chu, but not everybody could afford the education he gets. Also he is the
heir of his lady....

On the question of his nephew he smiled, he said "When you can cook me
a meal in the forest with no knife you consider yourself fit for wielding a
sword." and let out a thunderious laugh. He walked and remaint silent for
a minute. He resumed "Ofcourse, everything on time my nephew. You
see... The forest trail is not only for to see how your adaptability is but
it is also to learn your subconsciousness how to dance on rough terrain..."

He stopped and looked at him, he thought "Well he can handle the small
sword and a bow, he perhaps has the brains for it for early training?" but
he didn't want to take risks... He took his sword from his side still in de
sheath. He presented it to him and slowly unsheeted it "This is a great
responseability nephew..." he sighed "Actually I rather not let you use it
but it is handy to learn it use. So we begin immediately so show me what
you got." he didn't say it on a agressive way but on a calm way. "I fight
with the sheath." He saw the knife couldn't harm him or pierce through his
armor and the sheath was strong enough to withstand... He smiled he was
curious how his nephew would react.
Achira
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: meeeh

Postby Kun Tiao » 02 Nov 2012, 13:18

If sword in his hands was a surprise for the boy, he did not show it. It was a majestic, to touch, to hold it for the first time. But he had to answer.

"It would be wrong for me to raise a sword against you, uncle. This sword in my hands is a treasure, I would not raise it against you. By raising it I can prove only that I have much to learn."

Should the general move his hand with the sheath, or make any other move, the boy, already preparing self for moving, would make a step – back if no other steps would be possible, but better around, letting the sheath miss him. If a step would not be needed, the boy would make only a small movement to dodge. If the sheath would definitely not reach him, he would not move.
Then again and again. He would not do it at full speed, much as A Di La is unlikely to attack really quickly, to give the boy no time to react. Boy's movement and stops would actually be one continuous movement, delayed at times, made quicker at times, but not quick enough to provoke general escalation of speed. Like a dance with a task to always keep some distance, though some minimal distance.

A Di La was a very serious warrior, but the boy was quick, the boy learned to notice, expect and dodge. He could not fight with a sword himself, but he understood what different movements of body mean, what they do in a dance that is called swordplay. Not enough to aim when avoiding, but enough to avoid.
The sword was heavy, the sword was a treasure, with a sword he could wound, he did not know what the sword can do and how, and should he think about the sword he would not be good in dodging anymore.

Once his mentor would be satisfied, the boy would say: "Cook in a forest without a knife, uncle? Easy. I would." Indeed, if some dishes required a knife, cooking simply could be done without it. He knew several ways to do it.
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby Achira » 05 Nov 2012, 17:00

He held the sheath losely in his hand... La looked at his nephew, he knew he has no experience with the sword, but he thought this could be a moment he could share with his nephew... He felt like he was 20 when he dueled between his collegues and enemy generals... A wolfish grin appeared on his face, he knew as instinct the boy was quick but lack of experience and knew it would make the difference...

He studied his nephew stance, 'A defensive stance.' he thought... Like he used to do... He said nothing but made a huge step forward and hit the sword with the sheath. A metal sound was heared, seeing that his nephew was prepared for it he pushed him away, following he quickly ducked making a twist with his body while one heel firmly in the ground to kick dirt in his eyes to disorient him........ Behind the dirt he stood up fast and made a dash towards his nephew.... holding the sheath to the side of the sword to parry it.
Achira
Veteran Officer

Postby Kun Tiao » 06 Nov 2012, 14:49

Young Nao did not wish to be on the way of the rush. Should he act with a sword in some way without seeing what he does and without feeling that demands study and experience, he could hurt his mentor. Or he could lose his sword, and would be a lesson. It would be wrong to get a lesson. It would be wrong to be overwhelmed. Quickness and agility, not strength or experience in swordplay could help him.

Should he be prepared, he would move elegantly, but he did not have time, a quick sidejump was his the only choice. There was nothing where the boy stood only a moment before. Instead, the fighters traded positions.

Half-blinded by dirt, now the boy would do even more to avoid contact. Any dash too early would let the uncle read his moves and react, so any his move had to happen in the very last moment, yet when he still had enough time. Who knows when the uncle would be tired of it. He likes straight attacks... Or it was only the opening move... No thought, intuition. Dancing, dancing.

If once more... he prepared to like fall down right to let his mentor fall down too, and immediately get up. If anything can be repeated. A good warrior wouldn't repeat. Or would?
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Achira » 14 Nov 2012, 17:57

La has a wolfish grin on his lips... He didn't let his nephew rest, ofcourse he is not out to hurt him. He knew his cousin is smart enough to not use the sword.

Quickly he stepped forward, using the sheat on his side of the sword to draw him to the other way. He used that tactic to not let his nephew to move the other way, he wanted him close... ofcourse he would us the sheath to parry the sword. Using the sheath to draw near and more and more.....

La stopped and said calmy "It's enough. Don't need to rush things. You already did a outstanding job today." he massaged his own right shoulder with his left hand and said "Perhaps I am to rusty to learn it to you..." and laughed "We will see." and continued walking assuming his nephew gave him the sword back and put it back in the sheat.

He asked his cousin to continue the conversation "So how is your studies with your grandfather?", he saw his son and nephew very often...
Achira
Veteran Officer

Postby Kun Tiao » 16 Nov 2012, 16:14

((I can guess, the language Nao and A Di La speak can be very-very remotely described by hveb Hmub. Although the A Di La comes from the North-East, by the time of the dialog he can be fluent in it. It is not not unnatural to suppose that the language they use is the language of A Di La.

During the game I had to make Miao characters, although with difficulties, "magically" understand "general" post-Qin written language.

The other language is Chu ( http://www.umass.edu/wsp/results/langua ... xicon.html ), a language potent in its time, and not yet extinct in the played time. The scholarly project the played Miao invent in their lands includes restoring Chu language, spoken and written to pre-Qin standing, and making the language of Miao a written language, with signs being based more on Chu than on Qin.

Guozhi Heng, either originating or having close connections with Jiang Ling and being close Chu tradition, and being an official in pre-game in pre-game history, teaches his students in Chu language and in the "general post-Qin"))

The boy returned the sword almost with piety.

"My great-grandfather teaches me the ways to say and to write on paper with paper with different signs. As my next lesson must write the song about the mountain spirit in signs of Chu and in signs of Qin. I easily learn by heart when I listen to songs, but it is very hard for me, when I take a brush."

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Xu Yuan » 22 Jan 2013, 17:22

(Belated RP a go-go!)

Jolt wrote:
The young boy continued doing his task, and once he was inside, he said "The Empress of Chu." A few seconds later, he came back with another box of fruits. By now he seemed to be getting quite exhausted from his menial work.

The Empress of Chu? Chu and Han... a family line... could it have been... "Lady Miao Li Houa...?" Mi Zun ruefully shook his head. "I had... thought she did not lust over power in this manner. I suppose even she... was sedu- *cough* lured by the thought of absolute... control."

Jolt wrote:"Hmm." The old man pondered as he stroke his beard. "That Xiao fellow is not a strange name. I do recall hearing stories about how he razed his own city." He frowned as his thoughts progressed, as if trying to reach his memories for further recollections. "As to his successors..." The elder's eyes lifted towards his upper-right, as he tried to access his brain. "Hm... I remember hearing some story about some fellow who took power in the old capital and declared himself Emperor of the Han dynasty reborn or some such wild non-sense. Quite possibly a fairy-tale." Said the old man as he nodded in agreement with himself.

"In good truth, the city was most likely taken up by whichever person had the biggest army around those parts." He coughed slightly before he retook his thoughts. "Hmm. That's about the last thing I remember coming from the old capital." The only man slightly shrugged at the mention of Chen Wei. "Yes, that Chen fellow conquered a lot of land. Doesn't surprise me Luoyang was conquered to."

Mi Jia shook her head, her cold voice rung out from within her hooded figure. "It was no story sir. You need not take my word on it though. I am certain if there is a Records Office anywhere in the local area that they can confirm the fall of Xiao Huang, and the possession of Luo Yang being held by a man of Da Qin who reinstated the Han and a Lady of the Wilds and the final..." The middle aged women bit her lip. "And the regency of Mi Zun. Do not think of us as a maddened pair, we have seen much of the world..." She sighed a sad long sigh. "Long ago..."

[
Jolt wrote:"Ah, not at all, venerable elder. It is my honor to host you and your young companion here." Said he as he waved dismissively at their modesty. At that moment the young boy rushed back, panting at the exercise. "Dad, I'm done here. Can I go?" Asked the boy in a annoyed tone, suggestive that he wished to leave.
"No!" Retorted his elder. "These illustrious elder and his companion have travelled far and are weary from the journey. You're going to stay here and look after the shop while I go back with them, understand?" The old man was quite rash in tone and looks towards the impertinent boy. "When Jiang arrives for the carts, tell him we'll settle scores tomorrow. Got that?"

The boy started protesting vigorously at his father's decision, but not after the old man grabbed a beating pole and threatened violence against his son that way. Afterwards things calmed down, and the old man led Mi Zun and Mi Jia back to his home on the edge of Maicheng. It was not much. It was a wooden hut with 3 rooms and a main division where it served as living room and kitchen. As they arrived at the man's home, he apologized "I hope you do not find my home too small for your tastes."

Mi Zun held out his hand to interject, but feeling a loss of strength merely shrugged his shoulders. What right did he have to tell a man how to raise his son. It would appear that he was not abandoned or put aside... perhaps the aged former regent should ask him when he had the chance.

The accommodations were more than the pair were used to. "It is not... not too small at all. Thank you once again sir..." Mi Zun lightly cocked his head, showing a smile on his weathered features. "I do not believe I ever caught your name. You know my daughter's name and my-my own -*cough*- name. It would be considered rude to not know the name of the man which has... has put a dottering father and daughter up in his home." Mi Jia stayed quiet as she took in the home, even here she would not let down her guard.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Jolt » 22 Jan 2013, 20:59

Xu Yuan wrote:The accommodations were more than the pair were used to. "It is not... not too small at all. Thank you once again sir..." Mi Zun lightly cocked his head, showing a smile on his weathered features. "I do not believe I ever caught your name. You know my daughter's name and my-my own -*cough*- name. It would be considered rude to not know the name of the man which has... has put a dottering father and daughter up in his home." Mi Jia stayed quiet as she took in the home, even here she would not let down her guard.

((Let's fast forward a little.))

The shop-keeper took good care of the elder Mi Zun and his daughter, and as soon as noon came, he properly introduced his wife and their already known son. After a simple a meal and a night's rest, the shop-keeper bid them farewell, urging them to go to the Guolong farms that had previously been owned by Liu Jingjing's father in the hope of finding his whereabouts.
Liu Jingjing (劉勁勁), zi Congling (聰靈), 28, King of Han (漢王)
89*.42*.91*.57*.71*
Skills: Ambush, Aid, Arson (e), Medic*, Mystic, Trap(e)*, Wile
Items: Plumed Steel Helmet (War +2, Cha +1, Lead +1), Warhorse (Lead +5), The Life of Lord Shang (Pol +2, Lead +1, Int +1), Formation Theory (Lead +1, Int +1, Battle MP on land: +1), Trapper's Map (Lead +1, *Trap). Jade Phoenix Pendant (+2 Cha, Medic), Silver Ornate Ring (+1 Cha)
Gold: 1398
Jolt
Experienced Officer

Location: In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes.

Postby Xu Yuan » 22 Jan 2013, 22:07

Jolt wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote:The accommodations were more than the pair were used to. "It is not... not too small at all. Thank you once again sir..." Mi Zun lightly cocked his head, showing a smile on his weathered features. "I do not believe I ever caught your name. You know my daughter's name and my-my own -*cough*- name. It would be considered rude to not know the name of the man which has... has put a dottering father and daughter up in his home." Mi Jia stayed quiet as she took in the home, even here she would not let down her guard.

((Let's fast forward a little.))

The shop-keeper took good care of the elder Mi Zun and his daughter, and as soon as noon came, he properly introduced his wife and their already known son. After a simple a meal and a night's rest, the shop-keeper bid them farewell, urging them to go to the Guolong farms that had previously been owned by Liu Jingjing's father in the hope of finding his whereabouts.

The elder and his daughter both said their goodbyes to the family and proceeded on their way to the Guolong farms. Perhaps after these months of searching they would finally find their goal. The long lost Prince of Han who vanished after the fall of Luo Yang, with a memory awakened within the elder's mind, the two set forth and it would appear that it was more than just a dream, but was a true memory as they had now been directed towards the location of a Ran family home.

As they approached Guolong farms, they could feel the tension building in the air. Though maybe it was merely their own tensions? Each step brought them ever closer to the farms.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Jolt » 24 Jan 2013, 18:38

Xu Yuan wrote:As they approached Guolong farms, they could feel the tension building in the air. Though maybe it was merely their own tensions? Each step brought them ever closer to the farms.

It was midday in the middle of August. The weather was at a blazing 30ºC/85ºF and there was the hot typical South-Eastern breeze which only compounded the heat. Soon enough, the pair arrived at the end of the tracks, and 50 yards in front of them rose a small mound, not more than 50 meters in diameter. At the slope of the mound there was a wooden house, rather spacious in size, and some 50 yards to the right of it, away from the mount was what looked some kind of barn. At the distance, the pair could see half a dozen goats wondering about inside a small wooden enclosure adjacent to the building.
The farm fields appeared to be all around the mount. Near the end of the road, all the way to the house, there were fields of soybean plants, almost fully developed, as it neared the harvest season for the plants. Behind the house however, looked like the fields had recently been harvested and were now to rest. The mound itself in the center was populated by dozens of large mulberry trees, so it appeared as if the farm might have a small production of silk.

Minutes after looking around, a Sharpei dog came running towards the pair, barking as he charged through the soy fields. He approached both but kept barking incessantly. Soon after a man came from the midst of the field, pacing along, shovel in hand, dressed in a white, dirt stained shirt and with some hemp brown pants. After getting within hearing-range, he shouted over the constant barking. "You two!" Exclaimed the man as he pointed with the shovel in their general direction. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" It was clear from his expression and tone of voice that there was distrust and suspicion towards these outsiders.
Liu Jingjing (劉勁勁), zi Congling (聰靈), 28, King of Han (漢王)
89*.42*.91*.57*.71*
Skills: Ambush, Aid, Arson (e), Medic*, Mystic, Trap(e)*, Wile
Items: Plumed Steel Helmet (War +2, Cha +1, Lead +1), Warhorse (Lead +5), The Life of Lord Shang (Pol +2, Lead +1, Int +1), Formation Theory (Lead +1, Int +1, Battle MP on land: +1), Trapper's Map (Lead +1, *Trap). Jade Phoenix Pendant (+2 Cha, Medic), Silver Ornate Ring (+1 Cha)
Gold: 1398
Jolt
Experienced Officer

Location: In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes.

Postby Xu Yuan » 25 Jan 2013, 00:58

Jolt wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote:As they approached Guolong farms, they could feel the tension building in the air. Though maybe it was merely their own tensions? Each step brought them ever closer to the farms.

It was midday in the middle of August. The weather was at a blazing 30ºC/85ºF and there was the hot typical South-Eastern breeze which only compounded the heat. Soon enough, the pair arrived at the end of the tracks, and 50 yards in front of them rose a small mound, not more than 50 meters in diameter. At the slope of the mound there was a wooden house, rather spacious in size, and some 50 yards to the right of it, away from the mount was what looked some kind of barn. At the distance, the pair could see half a dozen goats wondering about inside a small wooden enclosure adjacent to the building.
The farm fields appeared to be all around the mount. Near the end of the road, all the way to the house, there were fields of soybean plants, almost fully developed, as it neared the harvest season for the plants. Behind the house however, looked like the fields had recently been harvested and were now to rest. The mound itself in the center was populated by dozens of large mulberry trees, so it appeared as if the farm might have a small production of silk.

Minutes after looking around, a Sharpei dog came running towards the pair, barking as he charged through the soy fields. He approached both but kept barking incessantly. Soon after a man came from the midst of the field, pacing along, shovel in hand, dressed in a white, dirt stained shirt and with some hemp brown pants. After getting within hearing-range, he shouted over the constant barking. "You two!" Exclaimed the man as he pointed with the shovel in their general direction. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" It was clear from his expression and tone of voice that there was distrust and suspicion towards these outsiders.

Clearly it was not tension that was building but the cool breeze of a summer morning turning into a sweltering inferno of an afternoon. Each step seemed like a yard in this intense heat. Despite the intense heat Mi Jia kept her hood up as she wiped the sweat from her head. Noticing that her father was beginning to slow down, she took the gourd of water from a string around her waist and handed it hastily to the aged farmer. Long had it been since they experienced the heat of the summer this far south and it showed on their miserable expressions. Yet they could see their goal right in front of them, as long as they kept trudging along they would reach it sooner than later.

Then as if there was a break in the tranquil silence of the hazy heat they heard a yelping. It was one of Mi Jia's greatest annoyances, dogs. She scoffed in the dog's direction, as the elderly moved his hand slowly to try and get it to go away. It was to no avail. It would seem that the dog wouldn't let them go any further, nor could they find another way around it. Mi Jia rolled her eyes at the obstacle as the heat still did not relent. Then thankfully another human finally took notice of them, even his suspicions were better than hearing a dog endlessly bark. "Excuse us sir, we are searching for a man of the Ran family. My father and a man of this clan were friends roughly two decades ago." Mi Zun bowed his head, as for a moment the signs of age seemed to fade from his voice. "I am Mi Zun, searching for one of the Ran clan who once dwelt in Luo Yang." Having said his peace he rose from his bow and waited for the man to respond.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Achira » 26 Jan 2013, 22:50

Kun Tiao wrote:((I can guess, the language Nao and A Di La speak can be very-very remotely described by hveb Hmub. Although the A Di La comes from the North-East, by the time of the dialog he can be fluent in it. It is not not unnatural to suppose that the language they use is the language of A Di La.

During the game I had to make Miao characters, although with difficulties, "magically" understand "general" post-Qin written language.

The other language is Chu ( http://www.umass.edu/wsp/results/langua ... xicon.html ), a language potent in its time, and not yet extinct in the played time. The scholarly project the played Miao invent in their lands includes restoring Chu language, spoken and written to pre-Qin standing, and making the language of Miao a written language, with signs being based more on Chu than on Qin.

Guozhi Heng, either originating or having close connections with Jiang Ling and being close Chu tradition, and being an official in pre-game in pre-game history, teaches his students in Chu language and in the "general post-Qin"))

The boy returned the sword almost with piety.

"My great-grandfather teaches me the ways to say and to write on paper with paper with different signs. As my next lesson must write the song about the mountain spirit in signs of Chu and in signs of Qin. I easily learn by heart when I listen to songs, but it is very hard for me, when I take a brush."

((Sorry for the very very very late post I tell you why in PM. Lets see if I can RP.))

La listened very carefully. After he finished he patted on his shoulder and said "Great, great, learn well because there are that don't have the privilege." He looked at him then he pushed his hand beneath his helmet and patted his head and stroked it roughly to make his hair a bit messy "I am proud of you and don't forget, you won't achieve anything if you don't try your best, okay?" He put his hands behind him and continued walking and said "So.... I heard you like a girl? It is true or is it a rumor?"
Achira
Veteran Officer

Postby Xu Yuan » 27 Jan 2013, 02:17

Kun Tiao wrote:Northern Jing Mountains, Baokang Village.

Some early year after proclaiming Zhen, early summer. A year when Chu-Jiuli was ahead of ceremonies within Zhen under motto "Strong Harmony" passed. With Ruolan and the young heir in the New Capital, the system of the state worked, less and less demanding personal presence of its head.

That time its head and her younger sister Ntuj were rumoured to make a journey to Jing mountains. These mountains were where they came from, where their relatives and neighbours were living; in some places there they knew every path. People from cities and plains rarely climbed mountains, so rumours were rumours.

Some time after it there was a knock at front doors of Mi Zun's yard in Baokang village. The visitors were two still young women wearing fine yet not bright Miao clothes. Although they met before only once, both Mi Jia and Mi Zun would recognize this face, or rather these faces, and even the voice that would say, now with less of an accent. "Blessing to your home. It's me, and it's my sister Ntuj. Can we come in?"

(OOC: I am very sorry about the delay! I think I just needed to think carefully on how I wanted to proceed.)

In a more tranquil time before entropy and stillness took over, there was a time when Mi Jia was more hopeful for her prospects in life. In a time nearly fifteen years ago when the young girl in the bloom of her youth relished each passing day as yet another chance and while her father still retained a fiery spirit, but that fire was slowly smoldering, with no wind to buffet the flames it was clear that within the short span of five years that the veteran was beginning to slow down.

At hearing a knock at the door the young blonde haired girl ran to it, curious to know who it was. Behind her steps was her father Mi Zun dressed as a farmer. His work was complete for the day and as he sat down to relax he too heard the knocking. Since it would be rude for him to continue sitting while their were possibly visitors at the door he stood up, dusted off the front of his shirt and kept in step behind his daughter.

When the young lady opened the door her mouth stood open as she instinctively fell into a bow. The girl's father raised an eyebrow before seeing who it was and bowed his head slightly. "Lady Miao! You are of course always welcome within our home, please come in." The youth moved out of the way to allow the guests within as she ran to grab refreshments. A rough gravelly voice was heard in response. "This is a most unexpected sight! What brings the Lady of the Ling Mountains and her sister up to our humble cottage?"
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Kun Tiao » 31 Jan 2013, 16:03

The ladies returned Mi Zun's bow equally with him, and it was it was Houa who was speaking, her language somewhat improved since the previous meeting, when Mi Zun was the Protector of Luo Yang.

"Lord Mi, I ever remembered you since your visit long ago, and there is one of my family who remembers you even longer.

Before… many destinies started to walk together, you returned from travels so far that I hardly can imagine. Every place has its wisdom; you could listen to wisdom of places so far away. Yet among the people of the Plains, as I learned about them, when those learned of them disagree with how everything goes, they withdraw, they gather crops. By this they say that they disagree, and that there is something to look at carefully. Though not many, if any, really do so – you do. So your travels far away strengthened your being with customs of your tradition – I respect it deeply.

In my seat I am not free in what I do, only at times. Freedom is wonderful, wonderful it is! Should not, if so late, I follow your invitation, it would be so against me. My sister did not see you before, though we spoke about you not once, and she exclaimed at once she would go with me.

I believe if not… if not everything as it turned to be, should my father be with us, only respected in a village, maybe at once he would hear about you, he would wish to meet with you, and I would ask him to take me with him."

Years of power made Houa control her face subconsciously, while the second sister's feelings, when Houa spoke about their father, were almost visible.

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Xu Yuan » 21 Feb 2013, 19:39

Kun Tiao wrote:The ladies returned Mi Zun's bow equally with him, and it was it was Houa who was speaking, her language somewhat improved since the previous meeting, when Mi Zun was the Protector of Luo Yang.

"Lord Mi, I ever remembered you since your visit long ago, and there is one of my family who remembers you even longer.

Before… many destinies started to walk together, you returned from travels so far that I hardly can imagine. Every place has its wisdom; you could listen to wisdom of places so far away. Yet among the people of the Plains, as I learned about them, when those learned of them disagree with how everything goes, they withdraw, they gather crops. By this they say that they disagree, and that there is something to look at carefully. Though not many, if any, really do so – you do. So your travels far away strengthened your being with customs of your tradition – I respect it deeply.

In my seat I am not free in what I do, only at times. Freedom is wonderful, wonderful it is! Should not, if so late, I follow your invitation, it would be so against me. My sister did not see you before, though we spoke about you not once, and she exclaimed at once she would go with me.

I believe if not… if not everything as it turned to be, should my father be with us, only respected in a village, maybe at once he would hear about you, he would wish to meet with you, and I would ask him to take me with him."

Years of power made Houa control her face subconsciously, while the second sister's feelings, when Houa spoke about their father, were almost visible.

(As always I apologize for the long wait.)

Mi Zun's expression became thoughtful. Surely the proud lady of the Miao had a way with words, "Before many destinies started to walk together... before returning and meeting with Chen Wei and proceeding onwards. Sometimes I wonder if I would have been happier never finding my way home." The former Protector's eyes fell. "If I could have held onto that image in my mind rather than how the land slowly fell into chaos as the years passed on. I was a mere traveler who happened onto higher station only because there was no one else worthy of the station, and I had proved how unworthy I was in that station..." The scars of Luo Yang on the elder's heart had not yet healed. Nor would they likely ever do so. Had he only been more attentive to the world at large he may have prevented the second Downfall of the Han. But alas, all things in retrospect.

Mi Jia returned with refreshments to see her father in a perplexed state. A look he often wore late in the evenings in stolen glances when he believes his daughter is not looking. Slowly putting down the food and drink she looked with a curious gaze towards her father and the guests from afar. "You would be correct Lady Miao." Said a gravelly voice. "I do not approve of the world as it is, nor shall I ever. Unless by miracle the Han reigns again. Both yourself and Chen Wei make this war continue on with no clear victor in sight. So I shall stay in this village of Baokang and tend to my crops and vegetables, free from the corruption of both lord and lady.

Mi Zun's glance turned into a furrowed brow. "I know very well that you and yours have people being conscripted into your forces without end. You have conscripted many of your lands to their near depletion. While you may promise them that they will be freed from their obligations when the world knows peace, you and I both know that such a thing will never happen in our lifetimes." Mi Jia's eyes flew open in a rage. "Father do not be so rude! They are our guests and whether you acknowledge it or not they are the rulers of the land in which we now stay. I should not have to tell you to show respect."

Acknowledging his daughter's words the aged traveler sighed and shook his head. "I do lose myself at times, restraint is not one of my strong point. If I offended you, it is merely in earnest questioning..." After taking a sip of the tea his daughter brought him and pouring two cups for the ladies from afar. He sat back down. "Tell me about your father Lady Miao. To raise a woman such as yourself to be Clan Leader must have been a tremendous risk on his part, a man with vision from the choices I perceive."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum