SimRTK V5 Ending Roleplay

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

SimRTK V5 Ending Roleplay

Postby Aureal » 21 Sep 2012, 21:44

This thread is for people who wish to RP with other characters about the ending story. Please be considerate to other people using the thread and try to avoid short back-and-forth spammy posts which drown out other roleplays.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Re: SimRTK V5 Ending Roleplay

Postby OneEyedDrgn » 23 Sep 2012, 05:57

It was a warm night, the gardens of the Hao estate peacefully quiet, with the exception of the singing of crickets and a nearby crackling torch reverberating in the air. A man in blue robes sat outside the patio of the large mansion; to his side a small drinking bowl and a jar of wine. Hunched in a relaxed position, he took sips every now and then while staring between the beautiful garden he had made and the starry night sky.

It has been years since the Zhuhou had been created. Truthfully, Hao Xian, former high-ranking general under the Miao, now a lord under the new Chu-Jiuli, does not agree with this this federation. He is someone who originally joined the Miao because he believed the first leader was someone who could unify the land under a tight iron-fist. He is someone that believes a land divided up between lords such as these is bound to collapse. It is almost ironic that his enemy is Emperor Chen Wei, the opposing side to the Zhuhou and foil. But all kingdoms collapse at one point, do they not?

Hao Xian is someone who has become distant from the dreams he had as a young man. Instead of seeking glory in battle and striving for fame as a warrior and general, he has now become somewhat nihilistic and simply serves his duty to Chu-Jiuli. In some ways he has already obtained his original goal of being written down in the history texts with the countless battles he has fought against the Emperor and Duke Sima. A war he had hoped would come to conclusion by now but remains a statement despite these years. Perhaps he was naive ever to think the war would end in his lifetime.

"My Lord, will you not be sleeping soon?"

A voice from behind. Hao Xian does not need to turn around for he already recognizes the voice of his wife.

"...Just give me an hour more, and I will go back to the house."

His wife comes over to where Hao Xian is sitting. Slowly, she etches to his side, and rests her head against his shoulder.

"You will be marching out tomorrow, once again. I will not be able to see you for another half-a-year. I will dearly miss you, my Lord."

Yes.. With the end of Winter and the beginning of Spring, the border battles will start once again. And Hao Xian must leave at the morrow with his troops, to fulfill his obligations once more. The night remains silent, as two spouses quietly enjoy the last moment of being together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Near the border of Chu-Jiuli and Qin, armies have already been set-up. Hao Xian's own unit, a force mainly comprised of cavalry at the center and spearmen at the flanks are already in formation and ready to give battle. The enemy lines are draw as well. Atop his white horse, Hao Xian silently observed the enemy ranks.

Even in numbers. Even in the quality of generals. Reinforcements to arrive in some days for both sides. Like many of the other battles fought, this one is a toss-up. There have been many battles won and lost on both sides that Hao Xian has found it hard to keep a steady record.

Open RP for anyone, every kingdom. We try to keep biases out, hopefully. :wink:
Liang Zhuwen 75-95-60-20-30 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster

v6 (?):Zhen Xian (21) 76-81-60-41-60 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster
Jia Yunli (24) 38-41-68-81-81 Artisan, Administration (e), Charming, Networking, Propaganda
Xun Lique (30) 67-36-81-60-70 Arrowstorm, Spy, Tactician, Wile (e), Volley

Version 5: Hao Xian zi HuXin (Lawful Good)
OneEyedDrgn
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Karsland

Postby Xu Yuan » 25 Sep 2012, 01:47

Closed RP for Jolt

How long had it been since the father and daughter had returned to the lands of Han? Mi Zun was once a proud traveler that had seen the world over twice. His daughter Mi Jia , was born of Roman parents and due to a number of incidents ended up in Mi Zun's protection, she accompanied him from his return from Da Qin. When they returned, the pair made a slight impact on the world. Mi Zun befriended many men and women of the fragmented empire and eventually was able to serve the Han by the grace of another Roman by the name of Julian Maximus, but he had never met the man personally. He served the Han as well as he could and rose to become their Protector in time, but by then it was too late. The surrounding warlords saw the weakness that Mi Zun's predecessor's soaked into the land and attacked. Though they fought bravely and valiantly the Han was dismantled. After the prisoner releases Mi Jia was the last one to see the King of Han weeping that their bid for power had failed. The pair never saw him again.

The wizened traveler did not give up hope. There were still various people loyal to him and the cause of the Han. And if the King would have returned then the chances of a Han Revival were not extinct. Mi Zun went from this lord to that, before deciding to serve Gao Wu as he was the successor to the valiant gentleman Huo Li, but Gao Wu was a fool who ignored his vassal's urgings and decided to act on his own initiative. Mi Zun tried to play the faithful vassal but could not stand it after a point. Though he served as his lord's diplomat to a farcical summit his heart was not in the matter discussed or the warning he was meant to give and when he and his daughter were once again placed on the battlefield Mi Zun fled from the war on Wu. Gao Wu was executed by Wu, but the war was of his own doing. Ironically enough this effort managed to secure peace as Kan Ze and Yu Nanren never went to war again, thus Mi Jia's dream of peace in the Southlands was achieved in an unexpected manner.

In a time long past Mi Zun and Jia befriended several people of a far removed village as he sought and failed to solve an ancient mystery. But he kept true to his word that he would return to settle down in this little hamlet should he grow weary of the maddening world about him. The last official the former Protector spoke to was an old friend of his in Sun Zhiyun who encouraged the man to allow Mi Jia to play a part on the world stage. The man could not agree or disagree with the sentiments placed forth.

Though Mi Jia may have wanted to serve the state in some capacity she was not blind to her father's declining health. Every year there appeared to be a new warlord that sent yet another tax bureau and the people paid them as they always had, uncaring of whomever declared themselves to be their new liege lords. Many years had passed. Mi Jia spent her entire life alongside her father as she always had. She was seen as an outcast, no matter her father's protests no one would accept the measly bride dowry he could offer and no man would choose to marry her. So she grew up lost and lonely, her only friend was her father. The years passed in sadness as the young girl grew into a woman and twenty years from the Mi family's last meeting with Sun Zhiyun already she had begun to show signs of aging.

The time for her to serve in office in any capacity had passed. Her father's name, which was at one time renowned throughout the land with several of the highest leaders of the land clamoring for his service was nothing more than a footnote in a historian's journal if even that, her appearance would assure that she would be laughed at if she would try her hand at politics. Had she only been more assertive and left her father... but then she would be abandoning him to death. The strong man of fifty was no longer and his senses seem to be fading as the days passed. For the last seven years she was in charge of the family's independent farm and her father's activities in his old age was spent more and more within his Han Shrine, as he made sure that if he would forget everything else, he would not forget the loyalty he owed to the fallen Dynasty. The woman became more miserable as her tone became shorter and in time she began to feel something she had never felt before, hate. Hate for the land that had rejected her, and hate for the father who doomed her to a life of servitude to him alone, as he weakened by the day. At times Mi Jia wished for the sweet release of death should it be delivered to either herself or her father. The excitement of her formative years faded like a foggy night. Certainly the destination was further uncertain but there was always the exhilaration of what lay in the distance and her exceeding intelligence, to carry them through. Surely she must have been intelligent to at one time speak so expertly with the great men and women of that day. But all of them passed, and with the years her extraordinary intelligence was trapped, as if in a coffin. The only joy she found was writing, she wrote commentaries on all of the classics. The Analects, The Classic of Music, The Classic of Rites, The Book of Changes, etc, each of them were rolled up underneath her bed, with only her father's approval since she feared rejection as she had been rejected all her life, did not show them to anyone else. Thus her life passed in this cycle.

As the traveler said long ago this age would continue into another Warring States with no clear winner, only the Han or another Qin would unite the land. He had not paid attention to politics or the land at large for so long. Though if one man or woman had arisen to hold the world in their thrall the world at large would celebrate. But the rumors that crept into town were always of more wars, more death, more hatred. How blessed it seemed to him that he chose such a locale to settle down and how despairing it was for the lady to live life with no change.

It was a chilly morning in early June. This high up in altitude it was ordinarily a chilly morning. At her writing table could be seen Mi Jia as she penned at Xiao Min's biographies that he had written shortly after leaving his maddened kin's service of Luo Yang.
Mi Jia's Observations: Lord Xiao Min's thoughts on Lord Yu Houyi of Bei Ping and the reasoning for Lord Huangfu Chu's invasion seems to be of a flawed nature. Lord Yu Houyi and Lord Huangfu Chu enjoyed amiable relations and when the young lord wished to safeguard his land and drive out the destructive and rebellious elements from the north why did Lord Huangfu Chu not express any misgivings to the Jade Ruler? Had things been settled diplomatically rather than false measures about the "power of jade" that Lord Xiao Min inexplicably rises, then Huangfu Chu may not have been so marred in his power. Lord Yu Houyi served the Han nominally when they reigned in Luo Yang and after its fall. His love for Jade did not obstruct his love of Loyalty, therefore I suggest that Lord Xiao Min's thoughts, while likely held to be true among those he speaks of, were not the reality as future events would attest to.

Mi Jia rubbed her eyes, wiping away the sleep in them and set about watering the plants. The foreign looking woman was about to leave when her aged father's voice echoed through their home. "Jia..." It was everything in the woman's power not to roll her eyes. It was so early, what was he doing already awake? "Yes father." She spoke in an exasperated tone. "Please... help me up." The lady grabbed her father's staff and cloak and used what little strength she had to take her ailing father out of bed. "Thank you." The venerable old man could tell that there was not much time left for him, so now seemed as a good of time as any. The aged farmer's voice cracked through his words, "Do you think it's time for a trip, Jia?" the woman quirked an eyebrow as a mean smirk showed on her face. Not that her father's eyes could see that at this rate. "What do you mean?" Smiling the old man hobbled his way over to the window, his voice was fanciful, almost as if he was speaking to no one.

"I had a dream Jia. I was in the Imperial Capital Luo Yang..." The middle-aged woman's eyes fired up as she walked closer to her father. He had not spoken of Luo Yang for at least fifteen years. "We were all together again, the King of Han, yourself, and I." He turned towards his daughter as a kind and soft smile showed on his highly aged face. "You were once again but a sapling, as you held onto your father's hand." A fit of coughs racked the elder's body as Mi Jia ran to get him water from the basin in the kitchen. She came back and handed the water to Mi Zun who took the water and slowly sipped it down with shaking hands. Having finished he nodded his head in thanks, he continued to speak of his dream. "The King of Han spoke of his family's holdings before..." He wheezed. "Before he had ascended. He and His father lived in Maicheng..." Another coughing fit broke out, but Jia was too enthralled in her father's uncharacteristic dream to worry about it. It passed momentarily. "And that they used the surname Ran to avoid discrimination." He rose from his seat and leaned on his staff as he turned towards his daughter. His tone was sad. "I am old Jia... too old. I do not have long left... therefore I ask you to do one more favor for your father. Please accompany me to Maicheng. I know it may just... just be a dream though it is the only thought to where the King could be. If I could see his face just one more time, I could die happily..."

This all came as a shock to Mi Jia. At one turn she was concerned about her father and another could not wait for him to die and yet if he could finally reach peace upon meeting with the man he placed all of his hopes in what seemed a lifetime ago, who was she to deny him. She bowed her head. "I have stayed by your side all of my life father, for better or worse. I would not abandon you now. Let us see if this was but a dream or a true memory." The old man allowed tears to flow freely down his cheeks unashamed. "You have truly been the reason I have lived this long. Without you my daughter, I haven't any idea where I may have ended up." Mi Jia gave her father a practiced bittersweet smile.

Within an hour they were packed. Mi Jia was dressed in a hood that covered her features, gloves that covered her hands and arms and a normal robe, this had been her choice of outfit when going to market since she was nearly twenty years old, to avoid the gawking of the world. Her civil official's robe had long been outgrown. Mi Zun however refused to go out into the world again without the character of Han emblazoned on his slashed rustic armor, the cape that bore the insignia fluttered upon his back and he placed back on his foreign helmet which was deathly cold to the touch. Whispers soon rose as they made their way through the quiet hovel with many of the younger generation wondering who these two strange people were. One was all but cloaked from head to toe and the other was a clearly sick old man that was wearing a light slashed armor and a cape that hobbled upon a staff.

The pair did not make good time. They carried a substantial amount of taels on their persons, so an inn was never far off. And it seemed to continue this way for several months with June they passed the Yangtze at Baima and through much trial and tribulation they in turn made their way through the cities ever at war and by the grace of Heaven managed to avoid any conflicts with anyone. In another two months the pair had arrived to Maicheng and even that was difficult to find as it did not appear on many modern maps. From the start they were assured by others that the place, did exist, just that where it was, was a seeming mystery. But they had eventually stumbled upon it in finding directions from Han Dynasty map.

Within the city Mi Zun took a deep breath and spoke in his raspy tone. "Peaceful... calm, quiet... " He turned to his daughter, "Could it be that he also had... had found solace in the advantages of a peaceful life?" The lady shrugged her heavily covered shoulders as they began to explore the town. Mi Jia knew that marketplaces were always a lifeblood of a town and she told her father just that. "Let us ask the merchants if they know of any Ran family in the local area." The hobbling man nodded, "Yes, that seems like a good idea." Mi Jia got the attention of a fruit salesman and bowed appropriately. "Pardon me sir, my father and I are looking for members of the Ran family. Would you happen to know of any that keep their abode around here?" Mi Jia waited for a response from the shopkeeper as her father scanned the horizons with blurred vision.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Jolt » 27 Sep 2012, 11:46

((Brilliant start Xu Yuan :) ))

The fruit vendor had already noticed the old men through his slow walking as he himself paced from the inside of his building to the side of his store, packing boxes loaded with apples in several wheeled carts. He was still a youth, probably in his mid-teens. Interrupted by the veiled lady, he couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the clothes she wore. The only indication he had of her gender besides the voice was the breasts. Not answering immediately, he proceeded to put down the box he carried in the cart before going back to the store as he motioned towards the lady. "Just a minute" he said. Arriving by the door, he placed his hand on the wooden door frame, bent his head inside the store and screamed "DAD!!!!" An angry deep-voiced scream came from the bowels of the store "What the hell is it now, Chun???"

"THERE'S A LADY HERE ASKING IF THERE'S ANY RAN NAMED FAMILY AROUND!!!!" He screamed back. To which the voice responded, "Who is the lady, Chun???". He instantaneously turned his head sideways, but didn't even look at Mi Jia or Mi Zun before retorting, "IT'S JUST SOME FOREIGNERS!!! After some five seconds of silence, a reply was heard "Tell the Lady, I'll be there in a minute!"

Turning back at the lady, the teen said "He'll be here in a minute." The youth then resumed his work, grabbing another box filled with apples and walking back and forth from the store to the cart. After around five minutes had passed without anyone appearing, the youth again called "DAD!!! THE LAD-" From inside the store, increasingly audible voice was heard "Ok, ok, shut up and do your work." Several seconds an old man in his fifties came out of the store, cleaning his hands on his pants. As he arrived by the counter, he looked at both the hooded lady and the very old man and frowned. "Tell me," he asked. "Who are you again?" It was clear from his appearance and that of his son that they were simple folks.

----------------------------------------------

In the wake of its conquest by the forces of Chen Wei, Congling was too overwhelmed with the death of so many people that he saw nothing good would come from keeping the belief in the restoration of the dynasty. Knowing he might still be in potential danger, as soon as he had recovered from the shock outside of Luoyang City Hall where he had been held, he had made the decision of returning back to Maicheng, to tend after his father and recover from his psychological scars there. Having made his trip there, he was greeted by a proud father, who despite his son's loss, had done his best in restoring the so cherished dynasty.

From then on, Liu Jingjing led a simple life, helping his father in his farm in the outskirts of Maicheng, and staying mostly anonymous, until the Miao were on the verge of overtaking Minzhe Jian's northern Jing, at which point out of cautiousness to Miao persecution, he sold his family's possessions in Maicheng and moved to the other side of the Xiang river, to Hanjun. While he continued to hear whispers of rumors through dealings with his friends in Xiangyang, about Mi Zun and his band of officers, how he continued his quest for the restoration of the dynasty, now further South, Liu Jingjing felt at times urges to once again shed his tranquil life and strike South to attempt to restore the Dynasty once again. But at the same time, Congling's father got ill, and so fate and filial piety bounded him to Jing.

Several years passed, as his father's health slowly deteorated, until he had passed in 215, but by then, the opportunity to go South had already passed, and so Liu Jingjing (Now living under his Ran Tian alias to escape possible persecution from the Miao) happily settled in Hanjun, by then time had mended all wounds of the past and he settled for a simple life as a farmer, still using his superior intelect and wizardry to help wield nature to his commands, and as such Hanjun florished greatly for a small village.

Eventually, in course of time, several problems struck Hanjun, amongst them was a plague in 221, which made Congling use his own medical and mystical skills, which managed to quickly dispel the plague from the village, and from travelers who made their way to the village. The fact that Hanjun was a safe haven while the plague killed everything around the village made many people eventually move to Hanjun, but not enough people, as it was still a small village of several thousand people. Great reknown came to Liu Jingjing, who gained the largely prestigious local titles of protector and father of Hanjun. He eventually became the local physician, wizard and engineer for the village, that earned him the title of Assistant to County Magistrate. Plenty of people attempted to recommend Congling for higher offices in the bureaucracy of Chu, but he always refused the offers, as he had settled in his simple life, and his hatred for Miao, even if dissimulated in the small village, would never allow him to serve the barbarians. And Jingjing would seldom think of his Kingly past, until several years later, when he would get unexpected visitors...
Liu Jingjing (劉勁勁), zi Congling (聰靈), 28, King of Han (漢王)
89*.42*.91*.57*.71*
Skills: Ambush, Aid, Arson (e), Medic*, Mystic, Trap(e)*, Wile
Items: Plumed Steel Helmet (War +2, Cha +1, Lead +1), Warhorse (Lead +5), The Life of Lord Shang (Pol +2, Lead +1, Int +1), Formation Theory (Lead +1, Int +1, Battle MP on land: +1), Trapper's Map (Lead +1, *Trap). Jade Phoenix Pendant (+2 Cha, Medic), Silver Ornate Ring (+1 Cha)
Gold: 1398
Jolt
Experienced Officer

Location: In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes.

Postby Xu Yuan » 27 Sep 2012, 23:46

The young man's shrill and distant communication with his own father, caused the aged man to glare towards the boy. His voice was weak and crackling. "Come now... child. That is no way to carry on a..." The elder coughed, while the hooded figure produced a gourd which a pale white and feminine hand peeked out of the cloak to hand to the caped traveler. The man took a few gulps and handed it back to the woman with a light nod of the head. "Thank you Jia." He turned his attention back towards the youth, "As I was saying... you should not treat your father with such dis..." A slight cough. "Disrespect. We are in no rush. What prevented you from..." He looked towards the stand before lightly clearing his throat. "Ah right, the fruit. I guess you can't trust anyone... anyone these days, hmm?" The elder showed a shy smile at realizing why the son responded the way he had to his father as he leaned lightly on his cane.

Mi Jia stayed quiet, a sour look on her face, mainly caused by the child's voice, not that this could be seen, considering that the cloak she wore covered much of her face. The mention of the pair as foreigners caused the lady t glare at the boy herself. The boy did not even ask her name when his father requested it. Instead he simply called the two of them foreigners. Well in a way that was true. Mi Zun was not from around those parts and the standard on his cape may have been forgotten by now, especially among the youth, so it was not impossible that the young man had not even heard of the Han. To this thought Mi Jia slowly shook her head. Was this the "Empire of Han" that her father envisioned in a time long past? That its symbol would even be forgotten?

This slight did not escape Mi Zun as he whisked the cape to his front and held it out for the young man to see. "Tell me... what do you know of this character? Is it familiar to you? Have you seen it before?"

The wait seemed excruciating. The rudeness of the son and the lack of care shown by the father caused Mi Jia to slowly tap her foot in impatience. Mi Zun merely steadied himself on his staff as he tried to peer within the household to see what was keeping the man. After the young man yelled for his father again he finally appeared. With the expected question, Mi Zun was the first to respond. "I am Mi Zun... Former Protector of the Imperial Han." His words were spoken with a slight bit of hesitation. His daughter soon stepped in. "We are searching for any members of the Ran Clan that may live within the walls of Maicheng, My father believes that there is a man of great importance to us from years back who goes by the family name Ran that are specifically located within this area." The middle-aged lady lightly bowed. "I am Mi Jia, daughter of Mi Zun."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Jolt » 28 Sep 2012, 05:18

Xu Yuan wrote:This slight did not escape Mi Zun as he whisked the cape to his front and held it out for the young man to see. "Tell me... what do you know of this character? Is it familiar to you? Have you seen it before?"

As the young man was working, he heard the old man ask him about the character. He only looked at it for half a second, before he carried on towards the cart. "No." Said the young man as put down another box of fruit. On the return trip he stopped and said "Look elder mister, few people know how to write or read. I only know a dozen of characters. I have no idea what yours means."

Xu Yuan wrote:The wait seemed excruciating. The rudeness of the son and the lack of care shown by the father caused Mi Jia to slowly tap her foot in impatience. Mi Zun merely steadied himself on his staff as he tried to peer within the household to see what was keeping the man. After the young man yelled for his father again he finally appeared. With the expected question, Mi Zun was the first to respond. "I am Mi Zun... Former Protector of the Imperial Han." His words were spoken with a slight bit of hesitation. His daughter soon stepped in. "We are searching for any members of the Ran Clan that may live within the walls of Maicheng, My father believes that there is a man of great importance to us from years back who goes by the family name Ran that are specifically located within this area." The middle-aged lady lightly bowed. "I am Mi Jia, daughter of Mi Zun."

As he said he was the former protector of the Imperial Han, the old man would have laughed it off, was the old man in not so elderly and sick state. He gave a deep bow to the elder and light bow to the hooded woman. "Honorable elder, the Han Dynasty has ended a long time ago." He turned slightly to the old man's daughter and whispered "Your father isn't senile, is he?" Nevertheless, after Mi Jia explained their intentions, the old man said. "Well, I remember a great many years ago, there was a Ran Ou that used to supply me with fruit here when my crops were not big enough in size. He said that he was moving, many years ago, to the other side of the river in Hanjun. Also, he had a farm outside the skirts of Maicheng, near some hills called Guolong hills, just North of the city. Phreaps whoever now owns the farm might be able to give you more information than I have. I don't know much else besides that as I didn't seen him since." He smiled affectionately at both characters. "You both do seem to be weary from travel. If the honorable elder would be interested, I would be honored to shelter you for the day, so you'll be more rested to seek the important Ran you're trying to find.
89*.42*.91*.57*.71*
Items: Plumed Steel Helmet (War +2, Cha +1, Lead +1), Warhorse (Lead +5), The Life of Lord Shang (Pol +2, Lead +1, Int +1), Formation Theory (Lead +1, Int +1, Battle MP on land: +1), Trapper's Map (Lead +1, *Trap). Jade Phoenix Pendant (+2 Cha, Medic), Silver Ornate Ring (+1 Cha)
Jolt
Experienced Officer

Location: In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes.

Postby Xu Yuan » 28 Sep 2012, 21:57

Jolt wrote:As the young man was working, he heard the old man ask him about the character. He only looked at it for half a second, before he carried on towards the cart. "No." Said the young man as put down another box of fruit. On the return trip he stopped and said "Look elder mister, few people know how to write or read. I only know a dozen of characters. I have no idea what yours means."

Mi Zun lightly shook his head as he looked heavenwards. "Has the land fallen this far...?" He took this exceptionally hard, for much of his life in the Middle Kingdom was in teaching the people to at least read characters. The small seal script was an extraordinary thing, how can the world have fallen so low in such a short time? It must have been the lord's fault that ruled over this land... A fiery look showed in the man''s eye as his voice was stern but not intimidating. "What warlord rules over this region?"

As he said he was the former protector of the Imperial Han, the old man would have laughed it off, was the old man in not so elderly and sick state. He gave a deep bow to the elder and light bow to the hooded woman. "Honorable elder, the Han Dynasty has ended a long time ago." He turned slightly to the old man's daughter and whispered "Your father isn't senile, is he?"

A low growl could be heard from the old man as his daughter lifted one sickly pallored hand from her robe, which seemed to make the aged former warlord to relent. Her cold tone, changed ever so slightly to that of a person reminiscing. "You see sir, this was in a time long passed. Almost 21 years now to be exact. Do you recall Xiao Huang's madness and then how his predecessors tried to pick up the pieces?" She gave a sad look towards her father. "This man was the last ruler of Luo Yang before it had been seized by the Chancellor Chen Wei or whichever station the man claims these days." The aged wanderer sighed bitterly at the memory of it.

Nevertheless, after Mi Jia explained their intentions, the old man said. "Well, I remember a great many years ago, there was a Ran Ou that used to supply me with fruit here when my crops were not big enough in size. He said that he was moving, many years ago, to the other side of the river in Hanjun. Also, he had a farm outside the skirts of Maicheng, near some hills called Guolong hills, just North of the city. Phreaps whoever now owns the farm might be able to give you more information than I have. I don't know much else besides that as I didn't seen him since." He smiled affectionately at both characters. "You both do seem to be weary from travel. If the honorable elder would be interested, I would be honored to shelter you for the day, so you'll be more rested to seek the important Ran you're trying to find.

Ran Ou? That was not a familiar name, but it was the only Ran that this man knew of. They could be here for quite a while so it was important to follow every lead. He was a man who lived in Maicheng, the exact location is well known. And the man moved across the river to Hanjun. A thought swirled in both Mi Zun and Jia's minds... but it could wait. For all of the virtues of Liu Jingjing tolerance was not among those. If this land would have fallen into the Miao's hands it was a possibility that the man would not have been able to stomach that... but it was just a musing at the moment.

The man's smile even slightly warmed the now cold and dejected heart of the foreign-born lady. Both Mi Jia and Mi Zun bowed towards the man. However the woman's voice was still quite icy and unfeeling. "Your assistance is much appreciated. You can be rest assured that you will be given recompense in the morning." Mi Zun chimed in. "Thank you... very much sir. It would hearten the... the both of us to rest comfortably for a single night."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby cjh1k2004 » 29 Sep 2012, 09:32

OneEyedDrgn wrote:Near the border of Chu-Jiuli and Qin, armies have already been set-up. Hao Xian's own unit, a force mainly comprised of cavalry at the center and spearmen at the flanks are already in formation and ready to give battle. The enemy lines are draw as well. Atop his white horse, Hao Xian silently observed the enemy ranks.

Even in numbers. Even in the quality of generals. Reinforcements to arrive in some days for both sides. Like many of the other battles fought, this one is a toss-up. There have been many battles won and lost on both sides that Hao Xian has found it hard to keep a steady record.

Open RP for anyone, every kingdom. We try to keep biases out, hopefully. :wink:

The years had not been kind to the former Miao Internal Security Department Head, with the whirlwind of events that enveloped the Miao, now known as the Chu-Jiuli, resulting in the formation of the Zhuhou. Truth be told, the day after the official formation of the Zhuhou, the already reclusive figure of Jiang Yan seemed to vanish almost completely from the public eye, along with the more obvious elements of the department he once directed as the department was officially dissolved by the Matriarch.

He was given a promotion to a high rank of some sort of Lord on that very day, but from that moment on nobody really saw Jiang Yan again, outside of the most important battles, and even then he only participated in them rarely. Only those within the private circles of the Matriarch of the Miao knew that the young archer general even still existed, and often held private discussions with her, but nobody quite knew what he did there anymore. His sister joined the Chu-Jiuli military, rising to the rank of a general that often rode daringly in front of her troops during charges, but of her brother she would say little, only saying that he was "busy" and "not really in the mood to talk to people now, you know?".

--

(At the battle lines, near Hao Xian's unit)

As Hao Xian sat on his horse, he would notice a slight rustling to his right, in the forests that bordered the location his unit was at. If he observed closer, he would make out a faint, slightly familiar grey-cloaked figure silently walking towards him, longbow slung across his back. The figure would step out, and stand next to the general, silently observing the enemy lines as well. It would have been close to a year since Hao Xian would have last seen Jiang Yan, but his figure had not changed much. He simply stood there quietly, as though waiting for something to happen.
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Kun Tiao » 11 Oct 2012, 15:21

Northern Jing Mountains, Baokang Village.

Some early year after proclaiming Zhen, early summer. A year when Chu-Jiuli was ahead of ceremonies within Zhen under motto "Strong Harmony" passed. With Ruolan and the young heir in the New Capital, the system of the state worked, less and less demanding personal presence of its head.

That time its head and her younger sister Ntuj were rumoured to make a journey to Jing mountains. These mountains were where they came from, where their relatives and neighbours were living; in some places there they knew every path. People from cities and plains rarely climbed mountains, so rumours were rumours.

Some time after it there was a knock at front doors of Mi Zun's yard in Baokang village. The visitors were two still young women wearing fine yet not bright Miao clothes. Although they met before only once, both Mi Jia and Mi Zun would recognize this face, or rather these faces, and even the voice that would say, now with less of an accent. "Blessing to your home. It's me, and it's my sister Ntuj. Can we come in?"
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby Jolt » 13 Oct 2012, 21:46

Xu Yuan wrote:Mi Zun lightly shook his head as he looked heavenwards. "Has the land fallen this far...?" He took this exceptionally hard, for much of his life in the Middle Kingdom was in teaching the people to at least read characters. The small seal script was an extraordinary thing, how can the world have fallen so low in such a short time? It must have been the lord's fault that ruled over this land... A fiery look showed in the man''s eye as his voice was stern but not intimidating. "What warlord rules over this region?"

The young boy continued doing his task, and once he was inside, he said "The Empress of Chu." A few seconds later, he came back with another box of fruits. By now he seemed to be getting quite exhausted from his menial work.

As he said he was the former protector of the Imperial Han, the old man would have laughed it off, was the old man in not so elderly and sick state. He gave a deep bow to the elder and light bow to the hooded woman. "Honorable elder, the Han Dynasty has ended a long time ago." He turned slightly to the old man's daughter and whispered "Your father isn't senile, is he?"

Xu Yuan wrote:A low growl could be heard from the old man as his daughter lifted one sickly pallored hand from her robe, which seemed to make the aged former warlord to relent. Her cold tone, changed ever so slightly to that of a person reminiscing. "You see sir, this was in a time long passed. Almost 21 years now to be exact. Do you recall Xiao Huang's madness and then how his predecessors tried to pick up the pieces?" She gave a sad look towards her father. "This man was the last ruler of Luo Yang before it had been seized by the Chancellor Chen Wei or whichever station the man claims these days." The aged wanderer sighed bitterly at the memory of it.

"Hmm." The old man pondered as he stroke his beard. "That Xiao fellow is not a strange name. I do recall hearing stories about how he razed his own city." He frowned as his thoughts progressed, as if trying to reach his memories for further recollections. "As to his successors..." The elder's eyes lifted towards his upper-right, as he tried to access his brain. "Hm... I remember hearing some story about some fellow who took power in the old capital and declared himself Emperor of the Han dynasty reborn or some such wild non-sense. Quite possibly a fairy-tale." Said the old man as he nodded in agreement with himself.

"In good truth, the city was most likely taken up by whichever person had the biggest army around those parts." He coughed slightly before he retook his thoughts. "Hmm. That's about the last thing I remember coming from the old capital." The only man slightly shrugged at the mention of Chen Wei. "Yes, that Chen fellow conquered a lot of land. Doesn't surprise me Luoyang was conquered to."

Xu Yuan wrote:The man's smile even slightly warmed the now cold and dejected heart of the foreign-born lady. Both Mi Jia and Mi Zun bowed towards the man. However the woman's voice was still quite icy and unfeeling. "Your assistance is much appreciated. You can be rest assured that you will be given recompense in the morning." Mi Zun chimed in. "Thank you... very much sir. It would hearten the... the both of us to rest comfortably for a single night."

"Ah, not at all, venerable elder. It is my honor to host you and your young companion here." Said he as he waved dismissively at their modesty. At that moment the young boy rushed back, panting at the exercise. "Dad, I'm done here. Can I go?" Asked the boy in a annoyed tone, suggestive that he wished to leave.
"No!" Retorted his elder. "These illustrious elder and his companion have travelled far and are weary from the journey. You're going to stay here and look after the shop while I go back with them, understand?" The old man was quite rash in tone and looks towards the impertinent boy. "When Jiang arrives for the carts, tell him we'll settle scores tomorrow. Got that?"

The boy started protesting vigorously at his father's decision, but not after the old man grabbed a beating pole and threatened violence against his son that way. Afterwards things calmed down, and the old man led Mi Zun and Mi Jia back to his home on the edge of Maicheng. It was not much. It was a wooden hut with 3 rooms and a main division where it served as living room and kitchen. As they arrived at the man's home, he apologized "I hope you do not find my home too small for your tastes."
89*.42*.91*.57*.71*
Jolt
Experienced Officer

Postby Kun Tiao » 19 Oct 2012, 10:49

Forest. A knife, reins, a self-made bow. A boy looked around, listening, before he chose the direction and continued to walk, then run, then walk and run again.

There are several of them, boys who were to become warriors, but every one has a different path. Every of them was a prince in a sense, but at the end, some time later, they, together, would say they word as they must do. But first they must be worthy, and there are a lot of things they must be good at. They had a task for today. Every new task was possible, but every new task became harder.

With time he would turn stronger, but it is not strength that makes a warrior. Warriors are not those who fight. They should not fight only as soldiers do. They should go through wild land, thought hostile land like through their home. They should disappear and appear, live in forests and mountains and cross it easily. Riding horses was not an ancient way of warfare, but now is can ride almost every horse, almost like his uncle!

The gift the girls have is different, yet he has a light touch of it too, and it helps today. It is a touch of refinement that makes everyone see almost the same thing, but not exactly the same thing. It is sensing the unusual, sensing danger and sensing a way. It is walking quickly and without getting tired. It is sudden knowledge in advance. He needs to study, when he would study he would do his best.
Every slight power is a touch of greater powers, but a deeper touch is not for him. He should be a warrior. Not a warrior as Chen Wei of Qin, who always rides ahead of soldiers. He would ride ahead when it is what is right. He would not be afraid. He would listen to those who understand better, he would not hurt their decisions, but he would know when he must decide and when he must lead. If he would earn glory, he would earn it before he would become the one who must sit in the main palace. They are family. If one would fall, like his grandfather, an other one would lead. It should not always be the first, but he should not be the last.
Simple things are simple. To sense nature, one should first simply sense nature. Warriors are inspired better by a better warrior. Wonders should not look as wonders, and the greatest wonders happen themselves.

Now he must pass the forest, find the hidden flag, cross the large hill, read signs on the way, catch one of horses that are purposedly left free, and ride back where he started. If anything would go wrong, he should decide himself and do what is best. When he would return, he should answer with dignity, as warriors do. One day passed, more were ahead…

"… Uncle, I returned."
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Achira » 19 Oct 2012, 17:13

KT

Forest - Open Place
“… Well done my son… Everybody gets the same treatment. I will be home at night, uncle Wen told me that he had some scrolls about ancient tactics that has been adjusted to today’s wars, stop by and take them home and I will see you at diner.” And a young warrior in his 13 got a pat on his helmet, he had a similar face as the general that spoke to him, but covered in mud and scratches. The young boy rushed off with his knife and bow in hand; and a smile appeared on the middle aged man.

The general watched the young lad off and slowly sat on a tree stump in an open field. The general closed his eyes and crossed his arms, his dirty beard and skin is rougher than before. He has - now - a important duty to accomplish, time changed, throughout the year he noticed that he was a bit careless and easygoing back then, but these days he is a changed man - a bit.

He listened to the sound of the trees that were dancing in the wind, birds that where communicating to each other, it was like a song. He just thought of his days when he was that age, than he ran off and was taken in by an old fencer. He scratched his beard and opened his eyes, in the distance he saw another young male approaching. With a dignified and majestic aura around him like his mother the young lad returned, in his eyes, confident.

He stood up and his old, but same sturdy armor made a sound of metal hitting each other. His old silver armor looked old, like the man’s face. Resting his right hand on the hilt of his sword and the other on his side. He responded to the young warrior with a heavier voice than he had in his teenage years .
“Nephew, I see… You made it all through…” and a silence followed. He took a deep breath through his nose and continued “This is one of many tests… But todays trail is one of an surviving trail which would be useful in the future...”

He looked at the boy and looked at him serious… But he couldn’t help... and slowly approached the young boy and stood still, with an intimidating stance… He looked at the boy to see how he would respond, but quickly he smiled and patted him on his head and said with a gentle voice.
“Well done nephew, I am proud of you.” and smiled “But you have a long path to go and you will have support, but to earn others support you have to learn support yourself first.”

He turned around and walked to the stump again but didn’t sit down but looked at the age lines. He asked him.
“Underway, to the flag and back what did you noticed? Every terrain has his own story… what kind of story did you left on 'that' particulair terrain?"

On the background, you could hear the nature’s voice of wind, sound of tree branches that hit each other and the sound the leafs make…
Achira
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: meeeh

Postby Kun Tiao » 23 Oct 2012, 15:04

The boy was not quite ready for the question, but he did not mark it as he recalled his impressions. Now, he understood, such questions must now become a new task for him every next time.

"There is a stream with fresh water in the forest near a large log. There are yellow threads on the path to it. They must be there purposedly, they must be placed to indicate a trap.
There is an other path with green threads in the air. There is a way to pass, not touching the threads.

There was a fox in the forest that did not see me.

It was evening when I reached horses. I waited for them to sleep at night. I covered the muzzle of the one I chose, and I was on.

When I returned, there was a hawk that for a glance, stopped at the sky not far from me.

If placing an ambush, I would cover one not in the forest. I would leave some banners there, but an ambush would be in high grass between the forest and the hill."

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Achira » 24 Oct 2012, 14:27

The general looked at the young boy and saw that he remained humble. The general was delighted to see that the child remained normal. While listening of his nephews analyst he thought "Well he did his homework..." Crossing his arms and scratching his beard he nodded while listening.

"You have a sharp eye nephew... You notice things very well, and quick then the most trainees. But is normal for few to stand above others... But I have a question for you..." the man looked towards the path where his nephew came from and pointed "There is a trap behind that tree that I placed... a small string that I placed between the grass that is harmful, but it gives me a signal if someone is coming." he looked at his nephew back again.

He made a gesture to follow, walked on the path to the city with his arms behind his back and continued "It is no crime if you disarm the traps, to make it safer for you fellow students, that's a point I consider as leadership, but it doesn't matter, you did very well... " he said with a gentle smile "...disarming the traps was not one of your 'main' objects." He wanted to learn the boy some useful tips for later on.

He remained silent for a second, he thought about how time went fast... He smiled and said "I remember when I had you in my arms, a small Miao baby." he laughed "Your not mature yet, but your wise for your age. There are many things in life I still don't know. But I am here to pass my experience on to you. How do you see your process until now nephew?"
Achira
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: meeeh

Postby Kun Tiao » 26 Oct 2012, 15:47

The boy's answer had no hesitation. "Uncle, I should study. I learn many wonderful things from you. I like time in forests and plains.

Teacher Li [it was the way he called Li Ru] told me what warriors of the past did to distract their enemies. He told me what distractions are common in a forest. He is not a warrior of forests, but he remembers, describes by heart, compares like everything happened with him. He told me about other lands like everything happened with him too.

My great-grandfather [Guozhi Heng] teaches me to read and write. It is a wonder, it is a great wonder, but it is hard, I like listening stories and being in a forest more. Uncle, when you would teach me to wield a real sword?"

V3
Kun Tiao

Next

Return to Role-play Forum