Public Dueling Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Public Dueling Thread

Postby Vagabond » 04 Apr 2011, 13:48

One thing, was this 5 or 10 rounds?
V6: Jia An (嘉暗), possibly maybe?
Vagabond
Experienced Officer

Postby Lu Ying » 04 Apr 2011, 15:08

10 would be cool

Lu Ying
Emerald Fusion~

Location: The fearsome pride, the glistening shell, the crayfish beckons me in my sleep...

Postby Kigera » 04 Apr 2011, 18:37

Vagabond wrote:I will do it. ^.^ I know Kigera's PC pretty well and it should be fun RP'ing him. If neither of you mind...?
Why am I scared of this prospect :?

Tactics sent.....
Prince Izo~ The Grand Architect~
94*-72*-81-40-57*
Skills: Aid, Cunning, Leader, Logistics, Navy, Valor, Wall(e), Zeal
OI
Bio

Npc's
Princess Junko ~The Hundred Man Slayer~
Date Hansuke ~The King's Hammer~
Tanaka Keiji ~The Ox ~

Spartans + Berserk? You suckas ain't ready for it
Kigera
Experienced Officer

Postby Vagabond » 05 Apr 2011, 07:11

Lu Ying
104*-87*-80-36-61
Skills: N/A
Kigera Katasa
80-88*-71-39-70
Skills: N/A

This was yet another tale lost to the sands of time. The chaos that had swept the land for ages had suddenly come to end. The few powerful warlords that remained had settled into an uneasy treaty that divided China into north and south. This somehow stretched into many years of peace. Many warriors were not content to sit by idle for a with skills that had taken years to hone and develop and began ‘warrior pilgrimages’. One can only assume this is how the warrior with the strange name, Kigera Katasa, ended up in the lands of Ji.

Like many warriors, he often indulged in food and drink, but mostly drink. Today in some random Ji tavern he seemed to be celebrating some sort of victory. Very loudly at that.

“Yes, yes! I’ve finally escaped from that foul woman! I will never be under anyone’s thumb again!” he exclaimed to the other customers.

Many hours later he stumbled into the street, keeping an eye out for roof-top archers, a habit he had developed some time ago. The night had come and gone and it was now well into the morning. As he wandered down the middle of the road a cavalcade of soldiers on horseback came rushing towards. Too inebriated to move from their path, Kigera waited for them to go around him. The lead horseman was actually a women and she opted not to trample him bringing her mount to halt causing it to almost buck. This woman was Lu Ying, an influential person in the area. She had come to visit her home region after the lands had settled.

“You there! Why do you bar my path? Do you wish to be trampled to death?” she spoke as she dismounted, a little annoyed.

Kigera had barely heard a word she said, but the mere sound of a woman’s voice had sparked something inside him. A volatile mix of contempt and lust. In his mind she was another bar maiden to be fondled. This was clearly not the case as he reached out to grab Lu Ying. Instinctively she batted away his probing hands almost immediately.

“An early rising drunk? If I wasn’t departing I would see you thrown into jail. Now move along.” said Lu Ying

“What’s, wrong? You don’t want to snuggle with the Little Wolf?” he answered before starting again.

This time a soldier moved to intervene. Kigera instantly became enraged and what was once a touchy-feely hand became a fist and he sent the soldier flying. Anger filled him as he looked once more towards Lu Ying. More soldiers moved to intervene, but she raised a hand to stop them.

“No, my husband didn’t train me for months for nothing.” she said.

The mention of a husband made Kigera laugh loudly, but it was too late for jokes. Lu Ying drew her impressive looking pole arm and began her assault.

Round 1: Lu Ying (100 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (100 HP, 88 War)
Whirling it around overhead, she brought her hefty weapon down across the unbalanced Kigera’s chest. Not nearly as armored or sober he went flying into a nearby merchant stand destroying it. With only the kind of resilience a drunk man could hope to have, he slammed his fist into the ground het got up drawing his prized sword. He had visible wounds all over his body. The loud crash had started to gather a large crowd which the other soldiers kept at bay.

Filled with blind rage Kigera let out a mad battlecry and charged at Lu Ying with the fury of demon. Fortunately for her his legs had no stabilized under him and in the last moments of his encroachment he tripped and stumbled. Flailing around he still managed to tackle the confused Lu Ying.

LY: Special attack hits! KK -14 HP, -14 War.
KK: One Blow misses! Normal hits. LY -10 HP

Round 2: Lu Ying (90 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (86 HP, 74 War)
Rolling on the ground Lu Ying attempted a feint by quickly changing direction. This didn’t work as Kigera was already seeing in double and thoroughly confused. Relishing in his madness he firmly kicked the grounded Lu Ying in the side.

LY: Feint failed!
KK: Normal hits. LY -8 HP

Round 3: Lu Ying (82 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (86 HP, 74 War)
Now many of her fellow riders were tempted to step in once more, but they had faith in their leader. And they should have. In one singular movement she spun herself up from her back and brought a pole arm around once more. The spin served to increase momentum. The still relishing Kigera offered no defense and if he was sober he would have been devastated by the blow that seemed to hit him across his entire front.

The impressive attack seemed to evoke more fury from the blitzed Kigera Katasa. Not wasting a moment he closed their distance and attacked with a flurry of strikes until two decent one made it through Lu Ying’s guard.

LY: Normal hits. Critical damage! KK -18 HP, no injury.
KK: Double strike hits! LY -9, -6 HP, no injury.

Round 4: Lu Ying (67 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (68 HP, 74 War)
So far it wasn’t clear who was winning the impromptu duel, but Lu Ying was still without any grievous injury. It showed as she struck Kigera with enough force that seemed to sober up everyone present.

Maybe it was his exotic weapon, but somehow Kigera was able to counter. Maybe Lu Ying was underestimating her beleaguered foe.

LY: Normal hits. KK -12 HP
KK: Normal hits. LY -7 HP

Round 5: Lu Ying (60 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (56 HP, 74 War)
Not wanting to make the same t mistake twice Lu Ying slowed down her assault, using her lengthier weapon to her advantage. Distancing herself she attacked with her pole arm in a stabbing matter instead of attacking in an arc. Ignoring the pain of the retributive probing he swung at a ghost of Lu Ying. Apparently he was no longer able to judge the distance between them.

“Wh-whats going on here!” he mumbled.

LY: Normal hits. KK -10 HP
KK: Normal misses!

Round 6: Lu Ying (60 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (46 HP, 74 War)
The duel grinded onwards as Lu Ying continued to finally put down the seemingly invincible Kigera. At least now his rage had waned and his attacks were no longer as effective.

LY: Normal hits. KK -8 HP
KK: Normal hits. LY -6 HP

Round 7: Lu Ying (54 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (38 HP, 74 War)
Nothing exciting happened and much the crowd that had gathered began to disperse, agreeing that they all had seen enough drunks get beaten up.

KK: Normal hits. LY -7 HP

Round 8: Lu Ying (47 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (26 HP, 74 War)
Nothing exciting happened here either. Though some of Lu Ying’s soldiers began to worry this was taking too long…

KK: Normal hits. LY -6 HP

Round 9: Lu Ying (41 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (14 HP, 74 War)
Perhaps it was the weight if her weapon combined with her growing fatigue, but for whatever reason Lu Ying was unable hit Kigera who had gone all drunken master. This was strange considering the alcohol was beginning to wear off.

LY: Normal misses!
KK: Normal hits. LY -7

Round 10: Lu Ying (32 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (14 HP, 74 War)
Both sensing the end of the duel was upon them, the two warriors circled around each other before charging. As they came in range of each other they each swung their weapon in the opposite direction of the other. Unable to defend but hitting each other with the same amount of force.

At this moment Kigera seemed to come completely out of his stupor. Looking around he seemed to just have realized what was happening and that he was losing. He had to think quick…

“Hmm, you’re lucky.” he said, “I think I’ll spare you this time. Be grateful for many do not experience the mercy if the ‘Little Wolf’”

With that he disappeared into the lingering onlookers and history leaving everyone involved confused.

LY: Normal hits. KK -8 HP
KK: Normal hits. LY -8 HP

END OF DUEL: Lu Ying (24 HP, 87 War) vs Kigera Katasa (6 HP, 74 War)

Lu Ying Wins!?!

Lu Ying secures the duel with an aptly timed special! Kigera Katasa was unable to overcome an injury in what should have been an even duel. Those the breaks… That was really good, RP master anobody?
Last edited by Vagabond on 28 Jul 2011, 21:12, edited 2 times in total.
V6: Jia An (嘉暗), possibly maybe?
Vagabond
Experienced Officer

Postby Kigera » 05 Apr 2011, 09:41

Vagabond wrote:Kigera had barely heard a word she said, but the mere sound of a woman’s voice had sparked something inside him. A volatile mix of contempt and lust. In his mind she was another bar maiden to be fondled. This was clearly not the case as he reached out to grab Lu Ying. Instinctively she batted away his probing hands almost immediately.
Kigera does not approve of this message. He would have laid down the mack first and then he would have attempted a cuddle.
Prince Izo~ The Grand Architect~
94*-72*-81-40-57*
Skills: Aid, Cunning, Leader, Logistics, Navy, Valor, Wall(e), Zeal
OI
Bio

Npc's
Princess Junko ~The Hundred Man Slayer~
Date Hansuke ~The King's Hammer~
Tanaka Keiji ~The Ox ~

Spartans + Berserk? You suckas ain't ready for it
Kigera
Experienced Officer

Postby JohannXIV » 19 Jun 2011, 15:38

Shang Shao vs Guo Jing

Shang Shao 100 HP; 152 AP; 109 War (INIT)
Guo Jin 110 HP; 148 AP; 108 War

Rnd 1
Guo Jin (Shout) Success!
Shang Shao (One Blow) Cancelled
Guo Jin Attack -10

Shang Shao 91 HP; 123 AP; 109 War
Guo Jin 110 HP; 122 AP; 108 War

Rnd 2
Shang Shao (Arrow) Miss
Shang Shao Attack -8
Guo Jin (Special) -14 HP -14 War

Shang Shao 77 HP; 102 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 102 HP; 83 AP; 108 War

Rnd 3
Shang Shao (Intimidate) Only available in 1st Rnd
Guo Jin (Counter) Fail
Shang Shao Attack Miss
Guo Jin Attack -12

Shang Shao 65 HP; 102 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 102 HP; 58 AP; 108 War

Rnd 4
Guo Jin (Arrow) Hit! -5 HP -0 War
Shang Shao Attack -8
Guo Jin Attack -9

Shang Shao 51 HP; 102 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 94 HP; 38 AP; 108 War

Rnd 5
Guo Jin (Shout) Fails
Shang Shao (Counter) Fails
Shang Shao Attack -8
Guo Jin Attack -9

Shang Shao 42 HP; 77 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 86 HP; 3 AP; 108 War

Rnd 6
Shang Shao (Shout) Fails
Shang Shao Attack -8
Guo Jin Attack -8

Shang Shao 34 HP; 52 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 78 HP; 3 AP; 108 War

Rnd 7
Shang Shao Attack -9
Guo Jin Attack -12

Shang Shao 22 HP; 52 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 69 HP; 3 AP; 108 War

Rnd 8
Shang Shao Attack -7
Guo Jin Attack -9

Shang Shao 13 HP; 52 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 62 HP; 3 AP; 108 War

Rnd 9
Shang Shao Attack -8
Guo Jin Attack -10

Shang Shao 3 HP; 52 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 55 HP; 3 AP; 108 War

Rnd 10
Shang Shao Attack -7
Guo Jin Critical Attack -16 HP -0 War

Shang Shao -13 HP; 52 AP; 95 War
Guo Jin 48 HP; 3 AP; 108 War

Guo Jing wins by KO in the 10th. Had this been for keeps Shang Shao would have recieved a 13% injury.
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby Rebel » 24 Jul 2011, 14:16

I need someone to run an unlimited round duel between Huang Xiong and Ma Conda in Wu KRP.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby OneEyedDrgn » 26 Jul 2011, 02:44

If you're cool with a Miaosman running the duel, I'm willing to run it.
Liang Zhuwen 75-95-60-20-30 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster

v6 (?):Zhen Xian (21) 76-81-60-41-60 Charge, Duelist (e), Investigator, Raid, Weaponmaster
Jia Yunli (24) 38-41-68-81-81 Artisan, Administration (e), Charming, Networking, Propaganda
Xun Lique (30) 67-36-81-60-70 Arrowstorm, Spy, Tactician, Wile (e), Volley

Version 5: Hao Xian zi HuXin (Lawful Good)
OneEyedDrgn
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Karsland

Postby upgraded627 » 26 Jul 2011, 22:57

anyone up for a friendly? preferably with comparable skills and stats
Li Xiaolong (22) Injury: 0%
103*-95*-90*-55-40*, Aid, Blitz, Invent, Jeer, Leader, Military Engineer, Rally, Reversal, Siegecraft(e), Study, Valor, Zeal
upgraded627
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 27 Jul 2011, 20:00

OneEyedDrgn wrote:If you're cool with a Miaosman running the duel, I'm willing to run it.

Why wouldn't I be cool with a Miaosman running it :P

But I already got Marzy to run it. Thanks all the same.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby SunXing » 27 Jul 2011, 20:10

Anyone up for a random duel as a result of boredom (Prefer near my stats since duel would be way one sided otherwise). Just want to practice dueling in case I ever find myself in a situation as such.
SunXing
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Free Officer

Postby Serativale » 27 Jul 2011, 20:30

SunXing wrote:Anyone up for a random duel as a result of boredom (Prefer near my stats since duel would be way one sided otherwise). Just want to practice dueling in case I ever find myself in a situation as such.

+24 too much?
Yu Ven - OI - Theme - Bio
Serativale
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Sima Yi

Postby SunXing » 28 Jul 2011, 00:13

Thats fine, and the person who pmed me I will still duel with. I just need to get practice with duels :-P
SunXing
Ranking Officer

Postby Mal Tijie » 28 Jul 2011, 00:13

SunXing wrote:Anyone up for a random duel as a result of boredom (Prefer near my stats since duel would be way one sided otherwise). Just want to practice dueling in case I ever find myself in a situation as such.

ok, do you a person to run the duel?
Ma Zang
82*-71-40-40-79
Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence

V6 Li Shun, Destined Emperor of China (Or a drunken blacksmith, haven't decided)
Mal Tijie
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: TBD

Postby SunXing » 28 Jul 2011, 00:27

No, but I am sure someone here will offer to run it. Who would be interested in running these two duels for us? :-P
SunXing
Ranking Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Role-play Forum