Out Of Character (OOC) Thread

For open role playing, quests, and OOC posts.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters

Re: Out Of Character (OOC) Thread

Postby Diethe » 15 Nov 2019, 14:30

How old are you guys by now? It's been ages, I realized. And by you guys I mean I'm a vampire.
Gao Ang (31) Merchant Lord
Stats:
Skills:

Coming in v6
Diethe
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Chen Ping

Re: Out Of Character (OOC) Thread

Postby Kontiki » 18 Nov 2019, 07:03

Hey gang. I highly recommend Kyiv if anyone is looking for a travel destination)

I enjoyed reading the conversation a few pages back about downscaling parts of the game to make it more manageable, and I think it could be applied to just about every aspect of the game.

Character stats could be boiled down to something like single stats to represent competencies with individuals, groups, institutions/laws, and combat with single-digit ranges, plus one or two skill equivalents for specialization (duelist, engineer, farmer, critic) that give percent bonuses to relevant actions, and just freeze player stats from sign-up.

I'm interested in the idea of also shrinking the map by changing the basic unit of space from city to province. In terms of battles, things could look more like the grand campaign mode from RTK X, in which as long as there is someone contesting the province, anyone else can opt in to combat that has a stake in the province - I think this would motivate people to not turtle and reward decisive action. Especially if cities are reduced from distinct, stand-alone spaces for development to points of contestation on a larger map that offer a smaller range of resources for combat. That is, reduce city stats from four-digit numbers down to one or two, and just have stats for gold, food, defense, and revolt.
Qiyang Feng 祁阳峰 (40) of 西北 | ---
40-42-91-41*-82* Articulate, Medic (e), Mystic, Networking, Reversal

解保火 Jie Baohuo (???) of 司隸 Sili| ??? ???派係
???-???-???-???-??? ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???
Kontiki
Officer With Many Posts

Kingdom: 你有微信嗎?

Previous

Return to Role-play Forum