Game Rules & Questions Thread: PTs

Introduction - Read the game rules and learn how to play.

Re: Game Rules & Questions Thread: PTs

Postby ShadInquis » 16 Feb 2017, 22:54

The issue for me is that you get not just one, but 20 Lu Bu clones. Unlike NPCs, who die for good, PCs can reroll with a fairly powerful replacement, optimised for whatever the realm needs.

With a lower start, but decent growth speed, death becomes a relevant thing, and you can still become Lu Bu.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby RCS » 17 Feb 2017, 00:04

ShadInquis wrote:The issue for me is that you get not just one, but 20 Lu Bu clones. Unlike NPCs, who die for good, PCs can reroll with a fairly powerful replacement, optimised for whatever the realm needs.

With a lower start, but decent growth speed, death becomes a relevant thing, and you can still become Lu Bu.

Right, I second that. If you have a total stat amount of 300 (which could be something along the lines of 80-80-60-20-60) and get generally get enough experience to be equivalent to +1 point per PT then after 2 in-game years, you would raise your stats by 24 points. Meaning you could have something along the lines of...90-90-60-24-60. If we assume one week per turn, that would be about 6 real months of gameplay.
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Rebel » 17 Feb 2017, 00:15

ShadInquis wrote:The issue for me is that you get not just one, but 20 Lu Bu clones. Unlike NPCs, who die for good, PCs can reroll with a fairly powerful replacement, optimised for whatever the realm needs.

I don't know if Lu Bu stats are anything to boast about based on my impression from ROTK series :wink:

Suicide Fox wrote:I'm pretty sure a number of players used these crafting tactics for exp last version, myself included. In the end nothing was too broken, but it could also be because perhaps the builds weren't specialized. As I said, my ruler had 110 CHA but maybe no one noticed and it wasn't a big deal because I only used it to recruit NPCs and write letters to other factions NPCs and steal them.

I would rather see the EXP gains stay the same and training & the other actions scale to match. Slow character growth is boring!

I prolly didn't notice crafting gave tons of experience last game. But I am all for faster growth all around too. Its just...training stats is giving very little experience right now while crafting gives something like five times more experience so the difference is really noticeable.
Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Officer With Many Posts

Previous

Return to Game Rules