Game Rules & Questions Thread: General

Introduction - Read the game rules and learn how to play.

Re: Game Rules & Questions Thread: General

Postby Youping » 08 Feb 2013, 15:59

Ok so like now that i'm making a return to the game since like 2005 or so, I am now being told I can't use the name I have been using since i first joined on 2003. Now Sakamatsu was made up and had/has nothing to do with Japanese stuff. So my question is do I have to come up with something completely different or can I use the awesome created name Sakamatsu?
V6 Zhou Wu (23)
80-90-60-40-70 (eh one can dream)
Charge, Duelist, Weapon master, more to come :/

Sukou Masu (21)
74-81-70-36-50
Ambush, Duelist (e), Loyalty, Raid, Valor, Weaponmaster
Youping
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Korin » 09 Feb 2013, 18:46

When is the game starting?
Inactive.
Korin
Ranking Officer

Postby Xeniphon » 09 Feb 2013, 18:58

The game will start when the staff are ready to start it (ie: no specified start date). If you look in the announcments you can see how things are being handled and when its time to start they will announce that too. We are in the first Pre-Game and then there will be at least one more Pre-Game before Ruler Sign-Ups then game start.

If you want speculation rather than solid info (of which there is none) then I'd say my estimation of March or April was probably too optimistic and I am personally (this is my opinion and not solid fact) expecting it to start sometime this summer, perhaps June. Again however that is simply a personal guestimation and not hard fact (who knows, it might start in April if they get moving on the Pre-Game phases more).
Oh well, back to the drawing board...

V6 Character: Now Undecided
Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Korin » 09 Feb 2013, 23:50

How long does a game go for when it does start?
Inactive.
Korin
Ranking Officer

Postby Xeniphon » 10 Feb 2013, 00:29

It goes until a kingdom has a clear advantage, the staff decide it needs to end for some reason, or the players are overwhelmingly bored witht he game. The time this takes can vary but we typically assume a game will last for an average of 2 real life years, though it can be longer or shorter depending on many factors. Since the turn structure is very different this version it is very hard to say how long things will take and it may completely destroy the previous "rule of thumb". The length in real time will depend greatly on how long it takes for turns to be resolved and how agressive the rulers are in fighting/taking territory.

Turns tend to run faster early in the game and then drag out a bit more as the game progresses and there is more to be resolved (more cities doing things, more units fighting, and so forth) so while turns early in the game previously could go as fast as a week later in the game they could drag on for up to 6 weeks. This version things have been changed so that turns can go by faster but at the same time there are fewer battle turns each month so that may require 2-3 months to accomplish in a battle what previously was accomplished in 1.

As far as time as measured in months in game previously you could expect a game to last 2-3 in game years, though again that may change depending on the factors I listed above. Two years in game however is what I would reccomend expecting, just be prepared for it to possibly be more or less and adjust accordingly.

The sim is a long term game, its not the RTK video game where you can sit down and pound out a conquest of China in a day or two of hardcore gaming. If you are not a person who can be patient and adjust to the pace of the game you may find it difficult to fully enjoy the sim.

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Korin » 10 Feb 2013, 19:04

It's good it goes for 2 years since I won't be that available in the summer -- the RTK video game 1 day? LOL even that game takes me at least 2 weeks to beat totally since I do it officer-wise instead of ruler, I'm talking about the older rtk s btw
Inactive.
Korin
Ranking Officer

Postby Ma Dan » 12 Mar 2013, 12:01

Hi All, i'm back from a 5 year holiday :)

I can see that things are in the process of coming back online for V6. I'd like to have some level of involvement if i can (even if it's just to get me back in RP mode in terms of how to format posts etc)

I saw in the announcements that you can do a bit of RP in some of the kingdom threads etc. However i notice a lot of the threads i used to have too are no longer open to me. Has my account access changed due to inactivity or are there simply a lot of threads that aren't open currently? (specifically i'm trying to get into the character creation threads so i can put together a dummy character to use in these early stages.)
V6 Preview

Shen Dian (Dú​shé): 80*-41-90*-36-63
Skills: Cunning(e), Reversal, Rumor, Riot, Wile(e)
Items: Provincial Map(Lead +2), Codes of Justice(Int +2), Strategy Guide(Int +1)
Gold: 0
Ma Dan
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: None

Postby Xeniphon » 12 Mar 2013, 13:11

Go to the V5 Archives' first page, the rules threads are clearly marked by chapter/subject.

The rules drafts out for V6 do not yet include character creation but you can find those that have been released in the Hall of Supremacy.

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Youping » 15 May 2013, 11:16

Quick question. So like my username being Youping for like 10 years now...can I change this or get an admin to change it for me? Or delete this account and have me rejoin?

Reason being I simply don't want youping anymore :/
V6 Zhou Wu (23)
80-90-60-40-70 (eh one can dream)
Charge, Duelist, Weapon master, more to come :/

Sukou Masu (21)
74-81-70-36-50
Ambush, Duelist (e), Loyalty, Raid, Valor, Weaponmaster
Youping
Officer With Many Posts

Postby mendedties » 07 Aug 2013, 23:53

So this is going to be a stupid question, but where exactly are the rules located? I keep seeing references to the rules with chapters and all that, but all the threads are simply question threads. So confused...
mendedties
Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby LordSimaYi » 21 Aug 2013, 11:46

Can i still make a character and if so how?
Luo Ning

Current Duelling Record: 0-1
LordSimaYi
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Yes?

Postby Dong Zhou » 24 Aug 2013, 10:41

mendedties wrote:So this is going to be a stupid question, but where exactly are the rules located? I keep seeing references to the rules with chapters and all that, but all the threads are simply question threads. So confused...

The V6 rules haven't really been posted, still in pregame. A few draft ones can be found in the Hall of Supremacy or you can use v5 rules to draw up a character

Sorry for late reply

LordSimaYi wrote:Can i still make a character and if so how?

At the moment, use V5 rules to design a reasonable character with stat/skills in your sig.

Welcome to the game both of you
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 91*-59-69-29-59 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemenc

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby mendedties » 24 Aug 2013, 22:12

Thank you Dong Zhou. Don't worry yourself.
mendedties
Officer

Postby Renegade » 07 Jan 2014, 06:11

Hello everyone!

I'm Renegade, I'm new to SimRTK and I think now would be a great time to learn how to play seeing as a new game is starting, how convenient!

Alas, I have found myself confused somewhat. Maybe I am missing something or maybe I'm just far too tired but, having read through the Game Rules section of the forums, I am unable to find any information on how battles are fought, how characters are made, what stats and traits do, etc,.

Is it just me?

Before you ask, no I have not played Romance of the Three Kingdoms and am new to the setting as a whole but am very interested in the history and setting in which the story takes place. I know a palpable amount of information regarding the setting but borderline nothing regarding this system. Where do I go to read and learn?
Renegade
Officer

Postby Aureal » 07 Jan 2014, 23:05

There are no game rules here currently as the game is in a testing/pre-game development phase (no current ETA for the start of the game.) There are several chapters of rules drafts, which shouldn't undergo any significant changes before the actual game, posted in the Hall of Supremacy forum.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

PreviousNext

Return to Game Rules