Game Rules & Questions Thread: General

Introduction - Read the game rules and learn how to play.

Game Rules & Questions Thread: General

Postby Forum Administration » 12 Nov 2007, 01:02

Please direct any questions about the game's rules, or other questions you may have, to this thread. A helpful GM, a knowledgable player, or maybe even a lazy administrator will be along to answer you shortly.
Forum Administration
We're watching you...

Kingdom: Vagabond

Re: Game Rules & Questions Thread: General

Postby Strategist » 13 Nov 2012, 10:43

This feels like a very scummy move, but is it rules-legal for me to submit a plot using one of my statless NPCs? Would it be rules-legal for them to use this plot to help out my main character?
Embarassingly enough, forgot my SoSZ password.
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Han Sui

Postby Xeniphon » 13 Nov 2012, 11:02

Statless NPCs are only for RP, you can't use them to plot.
Oh well, back to the drawing board...

V6 Character: Now Undecided
Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Strategist » 17 Nov 2012, 00:26

Say I want to submit a Plot using poison in the pre-game. Can I just assume my character's taken the time to craft the poison, can I start with the poison, or can I just not do it?
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Postby Xeniphon » 17 Nov 2012, 12:27

In the Pre-Game? Not sure if staff is willing to let that happen, perhaps but it doesn't test the sytem... In the real game? You need to make/buy it if you want to use poison (thus the Alchemist skill).

A suggestion though; anything to do with plots should really be done via PM since a good number of people will use OOC information even if they should not (and its sometimes hard to tell when they are).

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby madmarcus » 20 Nov 2012, 14:38

More of a suggestion than a question but it might be nice to update some of the intro threads for new player to explain that the v6 game will have its own rules. Right now if you start at the intro for newplayers stuff you get directed to the rules for v3 or something like that.
V6 - pre game
Shen Da, male, 39,
75-84-55-41-57
Civil Engineer, Loyalty, Raid, Siegecraft, Valor, Weaponmaster (e)
madmarcus
Officer

Kingdom: My Heart

Postby Wen Xu » 12 Dec 2012, 01:17

Not sure where to ask this, but the Pre game stuff does not effect the actual game correct? So me not playing the pregame does not mean I miss out on anything besides testing the new system?
Wen Xu (40)
40-36-61*-101*-92*
Skills: Acumen, Administration, Articulate, Artisan, Charming, Networking, Zeal
Wen Xu
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Kakirot83 » 12 Dec 2012, 01:33

I think for the most part, 'our' pre-game stuff doesn't matter, though the pre-game itself, does matter. Cao Ren being dead for example, means he is going to be dead when the game starts. While we have a 'small' bit of effect on the game, for the most part, we're just tagging along for the ride, as we see the staff play/write out some of the backstory. At least, that's how I'm taking it. :wink:

Our motivation, is to see if 1. We can affect anything (some players have) 2. Give us an understanding of some of the new things that are being put into the game (isn't it nice to see how that map works now, instead of later?) 3. Letting us build our own backstory some, instead of just writing it. This probably let's you have a played out history as to why some of you might be friends, or rivals, why you hate certain NPC's, or which side you chose in a previous war. This is to let you flesh some stuff out if you want, instead of just making a character, then a backstory and being done with it. You can 'play' instead of 'write' your history, and it fills up some time until the game is actually done and going too. 8-)
V6 Pre-game:
Jing Yi 81-81-61-40-60
Aid; Ambush; Arson; Loyalty (e); Raid; Stealth; Valor

Julia: This is... ...a dream...
Spike: Yeah... Just a bad dream...

Everything is clearer now
Life is just a dream you know
That's never ending
I'm ascending

You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Marzy - It is not a problem to anybody here but you, just like windmills aren't a problem to anyone but Don Quixote.
Kakirot83
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Dugu Qiusheng

Postby JohannXIV » 12 Dec 2012, 01:34

Wen Xu wrote:Not sure where to ask this, but the Pre game stuff does not effect the actual game correct? So me not playing the pregame does not mean I miss out on anything besides testing the new system?

The primary goal is testing, that's what the staff is doing it for.

However, if you want to RP you may establish a history for your v6 character. If your father died while fighting for Dong Zhuo's forces, you can play as said father. If you want to RP as a young private in Gan Ning's forces, you're more than welcome to do so. Either way, when v6 proper begins, you'll have that history to fall back on. Your family may live in comparative splendor OR in shame depending on how Dong Zhuo's forces do. You may have served Gan Ning for 20 years had have risen through the ranks by the time v6 starts.

From a player perspective, the primary benefits of pre-game are about being in the world before game starts. Heroes don't pop out of the ether, this is your chance to see the Three Kingdoms era rise and fall about you.
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby Strategist » 15 Dec 2012, 22:19

If a Ruler dies and is the only PC in his force, how is his successor decided?
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Postby Penguinguy37 » 15 Dec 2012, 23:03

That wouldn't happen, I don't think the staff would allow a ruler not have PCs join the kingdom (besides kingdoms start with NPCs) but if somehow, in some wacky world It did happen I would assume that the staffers would either put in place a GMNPC kingdom or let another PC take over...
V6 (Pre-Game)
Dong Wei (76-70-66-56-54)
Penguinguy37
Middle Aged Officer

Kingdom: Ping Pong Pattapong

Postby Xeniphon » 15 Dec 2012, 23:51

I seem to remember something similar happening where none of the PCs in the kingdom wanted to take over and a Free Officer agreed to do it and became ruler, or was going to until something else worked out (I don't remember exactly). Either that, a GMNPC kingdom, or if it wouldn't harm balance it would just become a free city (this has indeed happened before).

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Strategist » 16 Dec 2012, 01:02

Penguinguy37 wrote:That wouldn't happen, I don't think the staff would allow a ruler not have PCs join the kingdom (besides kingdoms start with NPCs) but if somehow, in some wacky world It did happen I would assume that the staffers would either put in place a GMNPC kingdom or let another PC take over...

But isn't it a Ruler's choice to accept or reject officers? And isn't it ludicrously unrealistic for the mods to force them to accept officers?
Strategist
Ranking Officer

Postby Xeniphon » 16 Dec 2012, 01:55

They aren't going to force you to accept PCs, but if you don't your going to get conquered int he first 6 months unless your out in the middle of nowhere away from every other ruler. That choice is yours but if you become a ruler and have no intention of trying to win your not going to make it very far. If the staff think your doing it to circumvent a rule or make your kingdom easy pickings then they will act however.

Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby Marzy » 16 Dec 2012, 03:40

In a case where a Ruler with no PC officers under him goes inactive or dies, I'd imagine the city would just become a free city. This happened early in V5 where a PC Ruler (Sun Haifang) fell off the face of the earth and had no one to succeed him. His location was relatively remote, and the game was early, so there was no sense installing another kingdom there.

iirc, another ruler in the early game in a similar position got his city attacked and the defense was essentially abandoned. The city ended up in the hands of the invaders.

Common sense would tell me that a larger force that had a ruler go away with no one to step up to replace him may find a GMNPC already the force do the bidding. The kingdom could look outside to find a ruling candidate if they chose to, but I find that kind of sketchy.

I'm gonna have to echo Xeni's sentiments when it comes to being a ruler without accepting PCs. You'll find it to be a tough road to hoe if you choose to rule without accepting PC Officers, because you'll find the NPCs you'll have to use as a staff instead won't be as qualified. I suppose that would be your choice, I wouldn't think staff would force you to enlist people unless there was a case of collusion with other rulers to look into, but you likely won't last long.
Kunhua | 36 - 40 - 82 - 75 - 78 | Acumen; Alchemist; Medic; Riot; Rumor; Spy; Stealth (e)
Guest spots: Lu Bu, Zhang Song

/|
(゚、 。 7  - NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN NYAN
 l、 ~ヽ   
 じしf_,)ノ
Marzy
Roleplay Master
Roleplay Master

Kingdom: Minzhe-land?

Next

Return to Game Rules