Rule and Gameplay Question Archives

Introduction - Read the game rules and learn how to play.

Rule and Gameplay Question Archives

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 06 Apr 2003, 03:59

In this thread questions which don’t really fit into the rules, along with their answers, will be stored and archived (so they aren’t lost when the game rules question thread is cleared out).
Last edited by Xian Zhu Xuande on 06 Apr 2003, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Location: Please Direct Gameplay Questions to the Game Rules Forum.
Kingdom: Huo Hu

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 06 Apr 2003, 04:00

Xiahou Mao wrote:
Jiang Zhi wrote:Are there any coalition armies like in RTK8?

No reason there can't be, though you need as players to be the ones to set it up. You'll be limited to normal joint invasions as opposed to being able to attack from far away as I think you can do in RTK8, but a coalition could loan troops and gold to each other. That's up to the players to set up. Well, and you need something to unite against. ;)

There was a good coalition arranged against Jimayo 3 games ago, when he became far too powerful for his own good. So there is a precedent. Ask one of the veterans to tell you the story of that in the OOC Thread or Kingdom Tavern, and you can hear about how Xu Huang became the Lord of Jingzhou, among other things!
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 06 Apr 2003, 04:21

Xiahou Mao wrote:
SharoKham wrote:Will more than one officer increase the chances of the success of a plot? Can someone with spy work in tandem with another officer so that the officer without spy may commit a plot?

There's no set rules for it, but I don't see a problem with multiple officers working together on one plot. No plot is ever going to have 100% chance of success though, no matter how many work on it. ;) As for spying.. when an officer is ordered to spy on his turn, then his ruler gets the info to use to act on following turns. He can command any officer to act on this spy info, not just the spying officer. And furthermore to that, any officer can spy, just that officers with the Spy skill are better and can get information on surrounding cities as well as the target.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 06 Apr 2003, 05:35

Xiahou Mao wrote:
Xiao Lian wrote:Not really a rule question, but how many times has this game run before? And how long did it run for on average?

Even I, the renowned Head GM, haven't been around since the start of the Sim.. someone like Jzdman could fill you in on the very early days. But so far, to be honest, the games have usually lasted around a year of game time. The first one I joined lasted longer, but had some issues of its own, mainly me (a relatively new player) becoming the lead GM 9 months in. ;) It turned out okay, though. This time I see it lasting longer, because we have detached GMs who aren't playing to win (only to create a story), lots of rulers, and even more officers, in addition to a website of our own. Previous problems of disappearing rulers, rants against GMs, and surrenders destroying play balance are gone now.
Xiao Lian wrote:Awesome. Thanks for the info. I was kinda worried about how long it would last, so it's reassuring to hear that you think it will last a long time. But I guess anything can happen...I'd hate to see you put so much work into this just to have it end after a year. I guess I joined at a good time. Either way it's been fun so far!
Xiahou Mao wrote:It would take some sort of catastrophic implosion for the game to die off now, fear not. We have over 300 members signed up in just under 2 weeks, so we're obviously doing something right. ;) And you know, saying that gives me an idea for a Kingdom Tavern post..
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Postby Xian Zhu Xuande » 07 Aug 2003, 06:28

Xiahou Mao wrote:
Mdate wrote:I have a problem someone on in my kingdom, who had access to our most personal files just left us when where planning the most stuff important stuff, cofidecial(sp) stuff. He is free to go tell anyone anything right. Is there nothing you or I could do. Please help me, this could ruin the fun just because someone let others people secrets out.

That is correct.. rulers have to be cautious of who they hire, because spies can be admitted into Planning Halls, get confidential information, and take it to their true lords. It's a legitimate tactic. If a ruler does not trust an officer, that officer should not get access to privileged information.
Xian Zhu Xuande
Powder Addict Huo Hu
Powder Addict Huo Hu

Return to Game Rules