Skirmish Battle Thread

Re: Skirmish Battle Thread

Postby Porcelain Cow » 25 Jul 2018, 20:57

(( Look at all the 50% injury chance rolls, though. Both sides used Double Strike, etc.))
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Cunning(e), Scribe, Tactician, Wile
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby ShadInquis » 25 Jul 2018, 21:06

Porcelain Cow wrote:(( Look at all the 50% injury chance rolls, though. Both sides used Double Strike, etc.))

That's what I said. 18.75%. I remember this from XCOM. You shoot with 6 guys, with each around 50-60% chance and subconsciously expect 4 hits. Then only 1 hits. But that's just how random works.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 26 Jul 2018, 13:04

I am not sure about continuing the engagement. Based on my quick math (could be wrong) we have about 13 infantry left against the enemies 30?

Tactics: If MMK can get a shot at that enemy commander when he pulls away from Shang Bao to retreat, he will go for that shot.If not he will join the bowmen who will shoot Missile(More powerful attack that may set fire to enemy location) at the retreating but organized enemy troops when they separate from our troops. A final parting gift of sorts.

Engagement with infantry is dependent on how this missile goes but I leave that to mystic's discretion.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 26 Jul 2018, 13:37

Your parting shots kill 2 more rebels and wound 1. The arrows get a few houses smoking. 7 of the wounded ambusher "peasants", 6 infantry and 6 archers are left on the battlefield to be captured.

What do you do next?

(OOC:I'm not doing other loot yet).
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 26 Jul 2018, 16:01

Yeah, the infantry will focus on capturing the wounded enemy and help out our own wounded troops. I think we have a lot of them. What's left of the cavalry, Shang Bao (scout) and archers will keep alert to shoot at any other approaching group. The other half of archers will help out the infantry to take enemies prisoners. I will use treat wounded ploy to help our wounded soldiers.

If no further enemies are around after we take prisoners the 2 cavalry will ride back to camp with haste, avoiding any ambushers and inform Liu Jia of what happened. Let him know that the refugees in camp should not be trusted as they came with the group that ambushed us. If he can send help to our location that would be great.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 26 Jul 2018, 16:14

Treat wounded stabilises your wounded and makes them able to march without casualties (your Medic skill was one of the reasons your killed/wounded ratio was much better than the rebels). If you provide your medical expertise during your PT, your wounded will recover noticeably faster too. Having the wounded fight before they recover is strongly discouraged (their stats will be heavily penalised).

Shang Bao's cavalry scout and report that there are still small bands (5-10 strong) roaming the village, but they seem more intent on looting than than fighting. The bulk of the enemies appears to be retreating towards the river short.

You send 2 cavalry, who arrive safely at Liu Jia's camp and pass you message.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 26 Jul 2018, 16:57

If we can intimidate and scare the looters into running away, we will do that. Otherwise take an account of what we have, what we have killed/captured or gained.

Unless there are any further surprises, I suppose we can end the battle and get a tally? I guess we will just wait for the villagers to come to us or if OSM and mystic have any plans/tactics all we can do is wait.

My tally

Starting troops
40 (78) infantry
10 (20) cavalry
30 (13) bowmen

Ending troops
13 (78) infantry
4 (20) cavalry
17 (13) bowmen

Wounded
18 (78) infantry
4 (20) cavalry
9 (13) bowmen

Dead
9 infantry
2 cavalry
4 bowmen

Enemies Refugees
killed 33, prisoners 17

Rebel Group
Killed 17, prisoners 12

MMK 8% injury
SB 3% injury
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 26 Jul 2018, 18:27

Rebel wrote:Enemies Refugees
killed 33, prisoners 17

Rebel Group
Killed 17, prisoners 12

You seem to have got casualties off. I count
Rebel Refugees: 15 killed and 7 wounded in total (all 7 wounded captured).
Rebel infantry (inc the 10-man squad in the first fight): 26 killed and 14 wounded in total (6 of the wounded captured).
Rebel archers: 12 killed and 10 wounded (6 of the wounded captured).

Troop types are important for loot purposes. Only some of the wounded got captured, since the enemy retreated in order. The mob ran off so all their wounded are captured.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 27 Jul 2018, 04:48

((OOC: Is equipment automatically lost if units die with it? 2 cavalry went down in this fight for example. I assume the soldier riding the horse was killed. Is there any chance the horse is not killed and can be recovered? Or do horses and riders die in the same blow? As for archers, can their weapons be recovered? It seems unlikely that their bows would be beyond repair.))
ShadInquis wrote:You send 2 cavalry, who arrive safely at Liu Jia's camp and pass you message.

Liu Jia is shaken awake again and sees that the sky is still dark. Again? He is informed by his guard that a messenger has arrived from Mao Ma Kan. Upon hearing this, he bolts from his simple quarters and rushes to see the messenger, dreading a bamboo shard. Instead, he is greeted with a fuller message.

"Ambushed?" Liu Jia gasped. He wondered privately the motives of the refugees who had returned to camp with him. They had appeared exhausted, and had gladly come to eat and gone to rest without incident. He recalled that they had mentioned another group had joined them, though had not said much. Does this mean these also are dangerous?

Jia thinks to himself... were there any women or children amongst those who had come into the camp? ((Would like confirmation on that Shad, please))

If indeed there were a mixture, the farmer felt more at ease... then considered how his comrades might feel about the situation when they returned to find refugees inside their camp, part of that same group that had no doubt caused so much damage. He immediately ordered 100(3) troops to be guided back to Mao Ma Kan's position by the messengers. He questions which direction his comrades are from here, then gives the riders a bamboo shard each. Should there be any sign of trouble on the road before they arrive to Ma Kan's or Bao's position, the riders are to immediately escape and inform him immediately. Privately, he doubted there would be any strong resistance to the force he'd sent, if his allies had scattered the enemy in the way which was described to him.

He then had to quickly consider what he would do with the refugees.
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Rebel » 27 Jul 2018, 05:50

ShadInquis wrote:
Rebel wrote:Enemies Refugees
killed 33, prisoners 17

Rebel Group
Killed 17, prisoners 12

You seem to have got casualties off. I count
Rebel Refugees: 15 killed and 7 wounded in total (all 7 wounded captured).
Rebel infantry (inc the 10-man squad in the first fight): 26 killed and 14 wounded in total (6 of the wounded captured).
Rebel archers: 12 killed and 10 wounded (6 of the wounded captured).

Troop types are important for loot purposes. Only some of the wounded got captured, since the enemy retreated in order. The mob ran off so all their wounded are captured.

Oki doki.

Since OSM is sending troops we will wait for them at our location. Did we scare away the looters though? Any village chiefs or heads around to talk to us about what happened or how the village fell? Any of the captured prisoners willing to talk and reveal anything?

Any information we can gather would be good. If the enemies are all gone we could move on to the loot, I guess.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 27 Jul 2018, 07:11

One Sun Mirror wrote:((OOC: Is equipment automatically lost if units die with it? 2 cavalry went down in this fight for example. I assume the soldier riding the horse was killed. Is there any chance the horse is not killed and can be recovered? Or do horses and riders die in the same blow? As for archers, can their weapons be recovered? It seems unlikely that their bows would be beyond repair.))

Equipment from killed troops is considered damaged (for horses, injured) and needs to be repaired. Villages can repair equipment for a fee. If you have the relevant crafter skill, you can also repair equipment in the field.

Troops you capture have intact equipment.

Jia thinks to himself... were there any women or children amongst those who had come into the camp? ((Would like confirmation on that Shad, please))
There are some women and children in the group in the camp.

Rebel wrote:Since OSM is sending troops we will wait for them at our location.
You also put out the fire you nearly started.

Did we scare away the looters though?
There are none in your immediate vicinity, but they are unlikely to have gone completely. You can still hear the houting in the distance

Any village chiefs or heads around to talk to us about what happened or how the village fell? Any of the captured prisoners willing to talk and reveal anything?

You don't learn too much in the field. You can only gather than the enemies didn't expect any significant resistance tonight so your arrival was a surprise. They also say they came via the river.

You will get a more complete picture once the battle is over and you are safely in the camp.

Note: for obvious reasons, there will be no RP etc. of 2nd century "questioning methods" of prisoners. You will simply get your intel in camp.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 27 Jul 2018, 08:38

You can only gather than the enemies didn't expect any significant resistance tonight so your arrival was a surprise.

((Considering they had people deliberately come to the army camp and lead a force there, and then ambush them shouting things like "Proceed as planned!", that seems a little discordant. If it's not, I think you might want to very very very clearly distinguish which group is meant at pretty much every turn here, because it's getting a bit confusing between all the unlabelled, unidentified groups acting and reacting here.))
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Cunning(e), Scribe, Tactician, Wile
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby Rebel » 27 Jul 2018, 09:05

ShadInquis wrote:
You will get a more complete picture once the battle is over and you are safely in the camp.

Note: for obvious reasons, there will be no RP etc. of 2nd century "questioning methods" of prisoners. You will simply get your intel in camp.

Aww.. I was really looking forward to the ancient Han torture interrogation of the prisoners... down to the gory details.

Wait. The battle isn't over yet? :shock:
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 27 Jul 2018, 10:36

Porcelain Cow wrote:Considering they had people deliberately come to the army camp and lead a force there, and then ambush them shouting things like "Proceed as planned!", that seems a little discordant.

They wanted to ambush the troops and did, so the planning phase worked. The execution of the plan though, was a disaster for the rebels, since of course the patrol was made up of well trained troops and excellent officers. Hence "they didn't expect the resistance".

You can imagine that if they had to deal with the typical local guard, the ambush would have been a complete success. If patrol troops were at 0 training, the ambush could have also succeeded.

Rebel wrote:Wait. The battle isn't over yet? :shock:

Eventually Liu Jia's reinforcements of 100 (3) Infantry arrives. As far as you know from scouts, there are still small bands of looters in the village.

What do you want to do?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby thegrandmystic » 27 Jul 2018, 12:03

"GRAH!" Shang Bao shouted as the final blows were exchanged between himself and the leader of the rebel band, the tide of battle surrounding them and soon drifting them apart in opposite directions. Damn: another strong blow and I could have dropped him, Bao thought. "HOLD!" he exclaimed above the clashing of weapons for the infantry to stay put while Mao and the archers put a final few pins into the retreating force. Between the ambush, the wounded, the soon-to-be-prisoners, and the small force they had brought instead of their larger band, more reinforcements were needed. Once the cavalry departed to return to camp to report to Liu Jia, Bao quickly got to work tying up the captured rebels, and once that was done he stood guard near the edge of the village just in case those that retreated dared suddenly to turn back around.

----

"Men - come over here!" Bao ordered when the hundred-strong contingent from their other camp arrived courtesy of Liu Jia. "Except for you all: help reinforce our position here and assist in stabilizing the wounded. Keep an eye for movement on the distance and keep an eye on those prisoners too!" he further barked, pointing to a squadron or two and directing them towards Mao. The warrior addressed the rest of the troops once they gathered together close to him, pacing a few steps back and forth to make sure they all heard him clearly. "The rebels are retreating to the river and the cavalry scouting around report looting in the village, small groups - and we're going to clear them out! If they surrender, tie 'em up tight and we drag them back here! If they stand their ground, make them regret they ever came across you! If they turn tail and run, get them out of the buildings but don't take off running after them - priority is on securing the village!" And with all that said, he pointed the tip of his halberd forward to the village.

"MOVE OUT!"

(Tactics: Shang Bao takes 90 of the 100 troops into the village to begin street-sweeping and building-clearing operations to stop and clear out the looters. From a central position on any particular street, Shang Bao directs four 20-man squadrons to clear the surrounding buildings while 10 troops remain around the small area in reserve to lead away captured individuals to the rest of the force or to reinforce any squadron if heavy resistance is met. For any looting bands ran into, those that surrender to the force will be captured, bound, and brought back to the makeshift camp; those that choose to fight will be killed or captured/bound if wounded. Any one squadron will stay close enough to another (next building over, for instance) to provide further reinforcement to one another if needed.)
Simzhou: Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Officer Dueling Horsemans Guy!
Nephew to Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!

75-82-70-31-62
Charge, Duelist, Scout, Trample, Valor, Weaponmaster
Golden Phoenix Band (now a cavalry sub-unit of the Bundle of Bamboo Sticks Patrol Force)
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou