Skirmish Battle Thread

Skirmish Battle Thread

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Jul 2018, 07:05

This thread is for battle actions, roleplay, events etc.

Just a quick reminder:
1. Only large battles will use full battle rules (with some changes).
2. For smaller battles, only a tactics submission is required.
3. Do list relevant tactics actions you can use
4. Troops without a leader will not do complex orders. Untrained troops in particular.
5. You will get a chance to react to changing battle ssituation and submit new orders.

Example:
Zan Zhikun
Command style: First line
Duels: Accept only if challenger's War is below 60
Movement: Advance as quickly as possible towards enemy and envelop
Attack: Attack, focusing on the leader
Usable tactics:
1) Riot
2) Slow
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Re: Skirmish Battle Thread

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Jul 2018, 07:16

3rd May 190, The Three Villages
Mao Ma Kan, Liu Jia, Shang Bao, Shi Xiang

Late night.

The officers are woken by the watchmen. It seems there is noise and what appears like a few licks of fire coming from the neighboring village to the east. There is also some loud noise and people moving coming in the village you are have stayed, but no fighting.

Shi Xiang, you are told by one of your auxiliaries, that he saw a lit torch briefly at the forest's edge, in the southwest.

What do you do?
Last edited by ShadInquis on 21 Jul 2018, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 21 Jul 2018, 07:48

There is also some loud arguments and people moving coming in the village you are have stayed, but no fighting.

Could you clarify that sentence? I have trouble parsing it.

Other than that if my understanding is correct: Signs of fire at the villages east. Signs of arsonists (?) in the southwest?

When did the scout spot the torch in the southwest? Before or after the fire in the east?
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Cunning(e), Scribe, Tactician, Wile
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Jul 2018, 08:40

Reworded the sentence slightly. Basically, you hear people shouting in the village you are in, but there doesn't appear to be fighting.

You do not know anything about arsonists. All you know is that a torchlight was seen at the forest's edge. You know that villagers do not normally go with torches at night into the forest.

You cannot be sure about timing, but roughly similar time. Do note that the forest in the southwest and the eastern village are a good 20 li (10 km) apart.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 21 Jul 2018, 08:54

Mao Ma Kan was the first of the sticks to wake up to the watchmen's alerts. He takes a survey of the neighbouring village.

"Raiders!"

His jaw tightened as he clenched his bow and sword. There was no time to put on armour.

"Alert the other officers. Assemble the men."

He ran for his horse as the troops gathered.

Tactics: Assemble troops and other officers quickly and head for the neighbouring village.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 21 Jul 2018, 08:57

1. Wake the other officers. Tell them what I know.
2. Position my own troop in Ambush between the forest SW and the village we are in.
3. Suggest to the others the horsemen should head east ASAP, while the bowmen either stay here or come southwest with me.
4. Have some auxiliaries find out what the arguing and commotion in the village is and report back.

I assume Ambush is my combat tactic for this turn, if not let me know and I can submit more.
Otherwise, if Ambush fails:
1. If enemies make it into a village, execute Lure to draw them out of villages.
2. In case of other engagement, if Trick can be used, use Trick, if Trick has no viable targets, use Dispirit.
Duels: Only accept if unit morale is at 1 and enemy WAR is under 60.
Strategist Command
Strategic Campaign (assuming it gives bonus to Ambush aswell, as its listed as a ploy)
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Jul 2018, 10:29

Porcelain Cow wrote:1. Wake the other officers. Tell them what I know.
2. Position my own troop in Ambush between the forest SW and the village we are in.
3. Suggest to the others the horsemen should head east ASAP, while the bowmen either stay here or come southwest with me.
4. Have some auxiliaries find out what the arguing and commotion in the village is and report back.

All the officers are awake. Feel free to roleplay your discussions here.

The shouting gets closer. A mid-sized group of refugees (a few dozen men) is agitated, worried and angry and making their way towards the camp with the three officers. Your unarmed auxiliaries can only watch from a distance.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 21 Jul 2018, 11:25

The shouting gets closer. A mid-sized group of refugees (a few dozen men) is agitated, worried and angry and making their way towards the camp with the three officers. Your unarmed auxiliaries can only watch from a distance.

I'll speak to them quickly but will make it clear that we have to move to respond so they need to keep it short. This is assuming I can do this while still having the men mobilize to go into ambush in the southwest.

"Please, calm your tempers. I have heard your accusations against us, but they are misdirected. The protection given to you by the City of Wan may have been lackluster, but look at the men with us. They are peasants, like you, who volunteered to see order restored. They are not the men that have failed you, but men like you, that have seen your need and risen to risk their lives to safeguard you and yours. Now we must hurry and save what we can, so I bid you, speak quickly of what you know, so we can make haste in repelling these raiders." Shi Xiang addressed the approaching men in all due hurry, directing men here and there to get mobilization underway.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Jul 2018, 12:05

The mob is in no mood for gentle discussion. It ignores you and a few men shove you aside and proceeds towards the camp with the three officers.

(OOC Note. As far as I know, you did not camp in the same location as the other three officers)
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby thegrandmystic » 21 Jul 2018, 12:05

Shang Bao arose very quickly in his tent and grabbed a short knife he kept within reach of him. Soon realizing they were not under ambush (quite yet, at least), he jumped to his feet, grabbed his halberd, and ran outside. "Up and at 'em, all of you! We may have trouble brewing! This is not a drill but I still want to see those clean lines!" he ordered as he went for his horse, quickly untying it from a nearby tree and hopping on to see what's what...

Tactics: Wake up the troops and ride out to start scouting around the area.
Simzhou: Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Officer Dueling Horsemans Guy!
Nephew to Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!

75-82-70-31-62
Charge, Duelist, Scout, Trample, Valor, Weaponmaster
Golden Phoenix Band (now a cavalry sub-unit of the Bundle of Bamboo Sticks Patrol Force)
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Jul 2018, 12:08

thegrandmystic wrote:Tactics: Wake up the troops and ride out to start scouting around the area.

By "ride out" you mean just you and the 10 cavalry you have?

Either way, you run into the angry refugees right outside your camp. What do you do?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby thegrandmystic » 21 Jul 2018, 12:24

With the other horsemen, but for the purpose of scouting rather than engagement, trying to get a sense of numbers, composition, whatever it is we can see from distance. Does that change anything or do we still run smack dab into each other?
Simzhou: Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Officer Dueling Horsemans Guy!
Nephew to Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!

75-82-70-31-62
Charge, Duelist, Scout, Trample, Valor, Weaponmaster
Golden Phoenix Band (now a cavalry sub-unit of the Bundle of Bamboo Sticks Patrol Force)
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Jul 2018, 12:28

It doesn't change much. You and your 10 cavalry meet the angry refugees right outside your camp (they are not exactly stealthy).

Some of them recognise you from the previous day and you hear shouts.
"Are you going to let this village fall?"
"Why are you still here, they are attacking us already!"
"Get of your horse and talk to us properly, eye to eye!"
"We are tired of running for our lives..."

The crowd is advancing towards you. What do you do?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 21 Jul 2018, 12:43

Since they push past her, Shi Xiang will proceed to see to the southwest, setting up the Ambush as it seems the attackers will be revealed by their torches illuminating them in the night while we can remain hidden. Tactics as above. If we can take prisoners during the Ambush, all the better.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby Rebel » 21 Jul 2018, 13:56

ShadInquis wrote:It doesn't change much. You and your 10 cavalry meet the angry refugees right outside your camp (they are not exactly stealthy).

Some of them recognise you from the previous day and you hear shouts.
"Are you going to let this village fall?"
"Why are you still here, they are attacking us already!"
"Get of your horse and talk to us properly, eye to eye!"
"We are tired of running for our lives..."

The crowd is advancing towards you. What do you do?

(Are these 'refugees' armed?)

Mao Ma Kan arrives at the scene with his bowmen and a group of trained infantrymen that he intended to lead to the neighbouring village. He finds the way blocked by the angry refugees who came to their camp and appear intent on fighting Shang Bao with no mood to talk. He shrugs, fits an arrow and aims it at the guy who wants to talk eye to eye with the young officer.

"We are on our way to the village to help them. You are in our way. Disburse, or we will make our path through you."

He gave a signal to the bowmen to shoot on his command. For all he knew these 'refugees' could just be rebel loyalists come here to cause trouble.

Tactics: If the refugees take so much as even a step further towards the allies, Mao Ma Kan and the bowmen start shooting. The infantry keeps a defense formation in front of the bowmen.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Next

Return to Simzhou