Skirmish Turn Results

Re: Skirmish Turn Results

Postby UnholyBlade » 29 Aug 2018, 11:17

Shad Daddy wrote:Patrol Force: Emperor's Aegis
At dawn, you are woken by the lookouts. They point to a cloud coming from the west, which you identify as a significant cavalry force, outnumbering yours by a large margin. At the right of the formation, you can see glints of metal, indicating a more heavily armored troop. The morning sun illuminates the banners of the troop, but it is still a bit far to make out the words. The troop is in no particular hurry, but they are clearly advancing towards you.

Dai Ren: Rests (pending resolution of events)

Welp. we're boned. Dai Ren orders the rest of his soldiers to begin retreating back to Wan while he approaches the force alone on horseback. His weapon will stay in its sheathe for now.
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby ShadInquis » 29 Aug 2018, 11:49

You don't have much time to pack away. The approaching force begin to envelop you at the flanks, but remains around a li (400 m) away. Far enough to stay out of arrow range. You can now make out banners, and recongine that they are not allied.

Seeing you move out towards them a small group of heavily armored riders move out at walking pace towards you. One of the men carries a banner with the character 馬 ("Ma"). You hear a large imposing man in full armor shout:

"Qin Yi was right, you not a coward. That makes you better that many others. But why do you seem in such a hurry? I though you and your men wanted to visit me!"
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 29 Aug 2018, 14:19

Dai Ren notices the enveloping army closing around him. With his heart racing and his adrenaline flowing he decides to do something... uncharacteristic. He pulls his legs up underneath him in the saddle and stands atop his horse. Dai Ren held his arms out at his sides and yelled back at the king. Barbarians and the uncivilized should be easy to manipulate. "You have many men with you! What is it you are so afraid of? Does the name Dai Ren strike fear into your soul so easily?"
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby ShadInquis » 29 Aug 2018, 14:32

The man laughs hearlily:

"The mouse roars back at a tiger! You truly are brave. I don't mind a personal challenge, but there is no fame or glory for me in defeating a minor patrol leader. If you want a proper fight, you should be at the head of a force that's worthy of my time. I really should kill you for your insolence, but it would such a waste. "

The man ponders for a moment,

"Why don't you join me instead? The Han is dead. Abandon the rotten regime and the weak band of peasants that is under your command and join me, the true king of Liangzhou. If you are as talented as you are brave, you will find that I reward talent greatly."
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 29 Aug 2018, 14:45

Old Troops wrote:*6 (0) volunteers (New volunteers from Wan)
*190 (4) infantry
*56 (51) infantry
*5 (93) wounded infantry
*24 (28) bowmen
*2 (28) wounded bowmen
*7 (35) cavalry
*1 (35) wounded cavalry
*30 Auxiliaries
*5/10 morale (+1 after ambush battle)

Troop Changes wrote:
Unit added

The 6 (0) new volunteers from Wan are equipped with the 6 extra bows we recovered from bandits. They are merged with the 24 (28) bowmen to make the new troop of 30 (23) bowmen.

Healing

3 infantry recover.
1 bowman recovers.
1 horseman recovers.

Training

Training is given to 31 (23) bowmen = 2 * (78 lead + 59 war)/31 + 1 = 10 and the unit becomes 31 (33) bowmen.

New Troops wrote:*190 (4) infantry
*59 (52) infantry (+3 (93) infantry healed)
*2 (93) wounded infantry (-3 (93) infantry healed)
*31 (33) bowmen ( +6 new bowmen equipped and +1 healed; training given as well)
*1 (28) wounded bowmen (-1 healed)
*8 (35) cavalry (+1 healed)
*30 Auxiliaries
*5/10 morale (+1 after ambush battle)
Last edited by Rebel on 30 Aug 2018, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 29 Aug 2018, 15:15

ShadInquis wrote:The man laughs hearlily:

"The mouse roars back at a tiger! You truly are brave. I don't mind a personal challenge, but there is no fame or glory for me in defeating a minor patrol leader. If you want a proper fight, you should be at the head of a force that's worthy of my time. I really should kill you for your insolence, but it would such a waste. "

The man ponders for a moment,

"Why don't you join me instead? The Han is dead. Abandon the rotten regime and the weak band of peasants that is under your command and join me, the true king of Liangzhou. If you are as talented as you are brave, you will find that I reward talent greatly."

Dai Ren wobbled a bit, but the slow pace his horse was keeping allowed him to regain his composure. Join him? The man was a fool. "A King who shies away from a challenge? A Leader who asks another to abandon those under his command? My father did not die protecting the Empire for me to suffer these insults. I will never abandon the Emperor! Fight me now, or I will return and give you the battle you seek!
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby ShadInquis » 29 Aug 2018, 15:38

UnholyBlade wrote:Dai Ren wobbled a bit, but the slow pace his horse was keeping allowed him to regain his composure. Join him? The man was a fool. "A King who shies away from a challenge? A Leader who asks another to abandon those under his command? My father did not die protecting the Empire for me to suffer these insults. I will never abandon the Emperor! Fight me now, or I will return and give you the battle you seek!

"I would be thrilled to have a proper battle. The peasants who styled themsleves soldiers in past couple of months have been so boring. No glory at all. If you truly want to bring me a great battle, then I may even let you go... but not so easily. You did act arrogant in front of me after all. And I need to see if you can fight as well as you talk. So... Qin Yi!"

The same man you met yesterday emerges from the retinue:

"Your orders, sir!"

"Take sixty riders from the green troop and capture this Dai Ren. As for the band of peasants he commands, scatter them. Leave your bodyguards behind, I don't want you to miss a fight by accident like yesterday. I will be watching"

(OOC: to the battle thread we go, with tactics and such).
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 01 Sep 2018, 14:17

ShadInquis wrote:Patrol Force: A Bundle of Bamboo Sticks
Your force advances into the woods, the advance is slow due to your cautious movement, and due to a suspicious number of fallen trees that block the road.

Is Shang Bao (with Scout) able to determine how well-used or recently used the road is? And by approximately how many?
As for the blocked roads, are we able to determine how recently this has been done? And perhaps whether this was a desperate effort to block our progress specifically or a longer term well planned contingency that has come into effect? I imagine Liu Jia's Logistics(e) skill might give him some insight into the difference between a more organised effort and a last-minute brainwave.
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 01 Sep 2018, 15:14

One Sun Mirror wrote:
ShadInquis wrote:Patrol Force: A Bundle of Bamboo Sticks
Your force advances into the woods, the advance is slow due to your cautious movement, and due to a suspicious number of fallen trees that block the road.

Is Shang Bao (with Scout) able to determine how well-used or recently used the road is? And by approximately how many?
As for the blocked roads, are we able to determine how recently this has been done? And perhaps whether this was a desperate effort to block our progress specifically or a longer term well planned contingency that has come into effect? I imagine Liu Jia's Logistics(e) skill might give him some insight into the difference between a more organised effort and a last-minute brainwave.

The road is a typical road going though the forest, it'a single trail that was previously used to provide an alternate route to from southern villages to the south gate of Wan. It doesn't look too heavily used, but it appears to still be in use.

For blocked roads, you are able to determine exactly when it was done as some of the trees fell right ahead of the forward scouts of your force. This does appear prepared and you realise that by carefully timing this, it is possible to trap a large number of men between fallen trees ahead and behind them.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 05 Sep 2018, 12:11

A few questions.

1. Is it possible to launch Missile attack on the adjacent western forest tile from our position to set it on fire?
2. Can we go into ambush at the start of Turn 6 and use Elude or Probe movement?
3. How many trees are blocking the path? You noted that this happened in front of the forward scouts. How far ahead of the scouts did this happen? Is it possible to estimate how many people would be needed to cut down the trees in this manner to block the road?
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 05 Sep 2018, 16:10

Rebel wrote:A few questions.

1. Is it possible to launch Missile attack on the adjacent western forest tile from our position to set it on fire?
2. Can we go into ambush at the start of Turn 6 and use Elude or Probe movement?
3. How many trees are blocking the path? You noted that this happened in front of the forward scouts. How far ahead of the scouts did this happen? Is it possible to estimate how many people would be needed to cut down the trees in this manner to block the road?

1. You can try to set the forest on fire, but it's not guaranteed. Also, te fire could go out of control and get your troop too. Not to mention other potential consequences.
2. Ambush and Probe are mutually exclusive as per rules. You can be in Ambush mode and use Elude.
3. This happened on several occasions, with the closest one being merely 30m away from the scouts. There isn't that many trees that have fallen, but then again, you haven't gone very deep into the forest yet. It's difficult to estimate numbers as they depend on how long these prepations have been made for. If they were prepared weeks in advance, this could be done by a couple dozen men.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Sep 2018, 11:23

Day 6

Patrol Force: The Forgotten
Waiting for actions

Fei Lai:
Zhou Liang:

Patrol Force: Noble Spirit
[PM received]
Shi Xiang: Trains Troops

Wounded troops:all wounded recover

Patrol Force: A Bundle of Bamboo Sticks
Nothing of note happens during the night watch. At dawn, the distraction troop under Mao Ma Kan sets out to pretend to clear some trees. As you start making noise at the fallen trees down the road, almost immetiadely a horn sounds from deeper in the forest. This sound is shortly echoed around the forest, as other horns sound in turn.

Any new orders (both camp and MMK since you are in separated)?

Note: all the personal actions below are pending resolution of events.
Wounded troops: All the those injured (from those injured in the vllage fight) recover.

Mao Ma Kan
: Recover 1% Injury. Heal Troops.
Liu Jia: Study Riot (3)
Shang Bao: Study Ambush (3)

Patrol Force: Emperor's Aegis
Towards the end of the day, you finally arrive back at the city of Wan. What do you want to do in the city?

Dai Ren: Rests (including Day 5 rest, which was not counted properly). Total 2+5=7% injury healed.
Troops: 1+4=(5) 10% of those injured recover
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 17 Sep 2018, 13:14

Under cover of the night, my small troops will attempt to withdraw to camp, unless stopped?

Hopefully the distraction was enough to let the rest of the unit depart without incident. If we arrive back at the camp we will set up an ambush and wait for what is coming.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Sep 2018, 13:39

Just cheking timing wise: you left around half hour before the main troop mobilised. You are now going back to the camp immediately (without staying any longer at the fallen trees), right?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 18 Sep 2018, 03:17

How long does it take to travel back and forth from the camp to the fallen trees roadblock? :)
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou