Skirmish Turn Results

Re: Skirmish Turn Results

Postby Rebel » 04 Oct 2018, 03:05

I meant how did the bandits know the main force is going to move south and immediately hundreds of them appear to be moving in that same general direction. They are in our path even before the main force could move south a few miles?? Apparently hundreds of them are sitting next to us, know everything we do and react very quickly to our action, while we couldn't even find a single one despite probing for them.

Anyways, since my small force is about 500 feet away, we will continue as we are, hidden and using elude movement to rejoin the main group. I suppose the main troops continue to return fire to where the enemy archers are firing from.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 04 Oct 2018, 06:49

Rebel wrote:I meant how did the bandits know the main force is going to move south and immediately hundreds of them appear to be moving in that same general direction.
Well, MMK kindly warned them with making a noise at the barricade, which caused all nearby forces to head there and to the known camp location, and then follow the retreating force as it moves.

Apparently hundreds of them are sitting next to us,
You have no way of knowing if there are "hundreds".

while we couldn't even find a single one despite probing for them.
MMK literally just walked past several groups that you found, but chose not to engage.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 04 Oct 2018, 08:21

ShadInquis wrote:
Rebel wrote:I meant how did the bandits know the main force is going to move south and immediately hundreds of them appear to be moving in that same general direction.
Well, MMK kindly warned them with making a noise at the barricade, which caused all nearby forces to head there and to the known camp location, and then follow the retreating force as it moves.

Apparently hundreds of them are sitting next to us,
You have no way of knowing if there are "hundreds".

while we couldn't even find a single one despite probing for them.
MMK literally just walked past several groups that you found, but chose not to engage.

1. We made a noise at the barricade to indicate we were crossing it over. The enemy somehow knew exactly what we were doing and chose to zoom in on the main troop instead of approaching the barricade.

2. You noted there are several groups of bandits each one comprising dozens of bandits. I am doing simple math. Maybe there are thousands?

3. I meant when our main troop was probing for them during Day 6 actions, meaning the whole team and not just MMK.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 04 Oct 2018, 08:57

Rebel wrote:1. We made a noise at the barricade to indicate we were crossing it over. The enemy somehow knew exactly what we were doing and chose to zoom in on the main troop instead of approaching the barricade.

You did retreat from the barricade, so enemies moved to the next last known location: the camp, which was still in the process of moving out. From then on, it was just a matter of following it.

2. You noted there are several groups of bandits each one comprising dozens of bandits. I am doing simple math. Maybe there are thousands?

So far, you (OOC) know of the following troops:
a. The enemies shooting the main troop, which started as couple of dozen, and now reached around 50 men.
b. The groups MMK walked past, the closest of which was a dozen men.
c. The groups around MMK right now, number not specified

Did I forget one of my own posts and miss something?

3. I meant when our main troop was probing for them during Day 6 actions, meaning the whole team and not just MMK.
During the turn submission discussion you specifically said "we will focus on safety while probing the forest", so you took no casualties while scouting the forest on the day. The drawback was less effective spotting.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 04 Oct 2018, 13:04

You did retreat from the barricade, so enemies moved to the next last known location: the camp, which was still in the process of moving out. From then on, it was just a matter of following it.

We specifically noted that my small troop moves to cause diversion about half an hour before the main troop slips out. It took us twenty minutes to get to the barricade and probably five minutes to create the noise. We withdrew immediately and waited half way between the camp and barricade location.

If the enemy checked the barricade location first, the main troop should have slipped out by then. Unless the bandits were sleeping on the barricade logs? And now they are already between my small group and the main troop which makes no sense, because the troop should have moved south of the camp while bandits would presumably go to the camp first and run into my troops on their way?

Now I am being told that several groups of dozens of enemy gangs are already ahead of us and we need to slip between them. I am thinking zombie bandits crawling out of the ground, or paratroopers maybe.

During the turn submission discussion you specifically said "we will focus on safety while probing the forest", so you took no casualties while scouting the forest on the day. The drawback was less effective spotting.

The probing action is specifically meant for looking for enemies that are sitting right next to us. Maybe we just have different understanding of what it means to probe and what it means to elude.

Anyways, it is all very weird. My actions are to to rejoin the main troops using elude. Main troop continues southwards. Unless OSM or TGM want to override.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 04 Oct 2018, 13:32

Rebel wrote:We specifically noted that my small troop moves to cause diversion about half an hour before the main troop slips out. It took us twenty minutes to get to the barricade and probably five minutes to create the noise. We withdrew immediately and waited half way between the camp and barricade location.

You didn't take five minutes to make noise. As per results you were spotted immediately, with the horns and all (because of course there would be a lookout at the barricade).

If the enemy checked the barricade location first, the main troop should have slipped out by then. Unless the bandits were sleeping on the barricade logs? And now they are already between my small group and the main troop which makes no sense, because the troop should have moved south of the camp while bandits would presumably go to the camp first and run into my troops on their way?

As was discussed in this post a couple of small groups (and a couple of dozen men is all that was involved in the initial arrow fire on the camp) could be within a couple of hundred feet from your camp from the previous night, unless you went out and tried to search for them.

The probing action is specifically meant for looking for enemies that are sitting right next to us. Maybe we just have different understanding of what it means to probe and what it means to elude.

Your spotting checks failed (because heavy forest, because enemy forces are small, because they may have stealth), so I actually gave the option to do an extra check, if you wanted to risk some troops in the process.

If you would rather I don't do that, I will stop the "easy mode" help.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 04 Oct 2018, 14:03

Let me know if/when we rejoin the main troop.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 06 Oct 2018, 14:14

(OOC: Sorry been usy with work)

Your troup rejoins the main force. You are discovered in the final stages, and lose 2 men killed and 3 wounded from an aimed volley. The main troop lost another 7 men killed and 31 wounded since the last report on them.

The main troop counter fire becomes more efficient under you leadership (skill: counter). After a short exchange in which you lose 4 men killed and 13 wounded, the enemy arrow attacks stop.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Previous

Return to Simzhou