Skirmish Turn Results

Re: Skirmish Turn Results

Postby ShadInquis » 18 Sep 2018, 05:32

Considering the roadblock was close to your camp, I would say around 20 min altogether (probably more like 10, but you were sneaking stealthily and all)
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 19 Sep 2018, 12:07

Yeah, we will disappear between the trees under cover of darkness and slowly move away from the road block without making any sound while the horns are blowing. Our small band will set up an ambush halfway between the camp and the road block and wait until the enemies arrive or for two hours, whichever comes first. Eyes and ears peeled for action from any direction.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 19 Sep 2018, 13:29

You set up your ambush. Meanwhile, at the main camp, another single arrow with a message falls out of the sky.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby thegrandmystic » 20 Sep 2018, 23:13

(Apologies, busy week...)

At the main camp, Shang Bao pauses from assisting in camp teardown when the arrow drops. He directs one of the nearby soldiers to fetch it from the ground as he scans the surrounding trees.

(Any sense of which direction it came from? Or just dropped straight through as best as we can tell?)
Simzhou: Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Officer Dueling Horsemans Guy!
Nephew to Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!

75-82-70-31-62
Charge, Duelist, Scout, Trample, Valor, Weaponmaster
Golden Phoenix Band (now a cavalry sub-unit of the Bundle of Bamboo Sticks Patrol Force)
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Sep 2018, 05:40

thegrandmystic wrote:(Any sense of which direction it came from? Or just dropped straight through as best as we can tell?)

It came from the north.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 22 Sep 2018, 20:54

ShadInquis wrote:Patrol Force: Emperor's Aegis
Towards the end of the day, you finally arrive back at the city of Wan. What do you want to do in the city?

Dai Ren: Rests (including Day 5 rest, which was not counted properly). Total 2+5=7% injury healed.
Troops: 1+4=(5) 10% of those injured recover

I'll be writing something up come Monday, sorry for the delay. In a nutshell, report Intel on the organized and well equipped force, petition for more soldiers, gather intelligence on the status of other groups. Also, relieving the volunteers that survived. If possible I'll rotate them out with fresh troops
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby ShadInquis » 23 Sep 2018, 06:30

UnholyBlade wrote:I'll be writing something up come Monday, sorry for the delay. In a nutshell, report Intel on the organized and well equipped force, petition for more soldiers, gather intelligence on the status of other groups. Also, relieving the volunteers that survived. If possible I'll rotate them out with fresh troops

Cool. Looking forward to the RP.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 24 Sep 2018, 02:20

ShadInquis wrote:You set up your ambush. Meanwhile, at the main camp, another single arrow with a message falls out of the sky.

As I understood it, our main camp was to slip away while MMK's diversion takes place. Therefore, I would not have thought there was anyone in the "main camp" to receive the arrow-mail if it's shot there after MMK sets up his ambush (which would happen after the withdrawal.

However, upon reading back on what we actually submitted as orders... I do see that we weren't necessarily very clear on all that timing stuff, so if we're going by the letter of what has been submitted (RP notwithstanding), then I'm guessing we're almost ready to leave when this arrow drops from the sky. MMK has triggered the horns blaring and is on his way back this way... and has set up an ambush somewhere nearby just north of the camp?

So I guess the question is... what's the message say?
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 24 Sep 2018, 05:44

One Sun Mirror wrote:So I guess the question is... what's the message say?

The message reads:

We warned you. You chose this fate yourselves.

As you troops begin to leave, arrows begin to rain down on your men. Not particularly many, you guess maybe a couple of dozen archers could keep up this volume of fire. Nor are they particularly accurate. Picking one up, you can see it's crudely made, with unpolished forest wood, and simple bone arrowheads. Not as deadly, but clearly in ample supply, given the location.

(OOC Note: This would still have been the result, if following the RP. If following the RP, the first arrows would hit you maybe 5 min later).

So, MMK sat in ambush with 40 men while the rest of the troop tries to move out. What are your orders for the next 4 hours?
Last edited by ShadInquis on 24 Sep 2018, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 24 Sep 2018, 12:42

Given that we are not too far from the camp (5 mins?), shouldn't we also become aware of the attack? Despite using probe we were unable to detect enemies that were right next door. I will grant that maybe they were in ambush mode so we couldn't detect them. But the rules state that the moment a unit chooses to attack or use any movement other than elude, their position is revealed.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 24 Sep 2018, 13:23

Rebel wrote:Given that we are not too far from the camp (5 mins?), shouldn't we also become aware of the attack? Despite using probe we were unable to detect enemies that were right next door. I will grant that maybe they were in ambush mode so we couldn't detect them. But the rules state that the moment a unit chooses to attack or use any movement other than elude, their position is revealed.

Yes, you can hear the commotion and can hear that presumably the camp is under attack. You can see some arrows are coming from the north and some from the south.

As discussed before, you are in a dense forest, in the dark, with 40 men in a formation close together. There's a limit to what and how far you can detect, even with probe, without spreading out. It would be very strange if you could pinpoint the location of a small squad of enemies in this situation.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 01 Oct 2018, 10:37

Hoping that the rest of the gang sticks to the plan and moves south, we will quietly proceed south in a joint pincer movement with them while closing in on the area where the arrows are being shot from.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 01 Oct 2018, 12:12

You advance towards the area the arrows come from. This area also moves, but not as fast as you, so you are catching up. As you get closer, you begin to detect more and more signs of movement, all around you. It seems some troops are moving in the same general direction as you, but it doesn't seem like they reacted to you.

The closest of these groups sounds like a dozen men maybe 100 feet from you.

Meanwhile, the main group moves south, still under fire. Over time, the number of enemy archers increases, from the couple of dozen at the start, it now seems closer to a half-hundred men, shooting from three different direction. The fire is still inaccurate and the arrows are still primitive, so casualties remain light.

Main troop loses 4 killed and 27 wounded.

Any new orders?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 03 Oct 2018, 14:20

How did these other moving troops all around know we were going to move south?

Anyways, in the absence of OSM and TGM, I suppose I might as well control their movement as well? The main troop will continue to move south with archers returning fire to south where they are being shot from. Unless of course the thick trees only protect the bandits from archers.

Meanwhile our smaller band in ambush will use elude movement and converge with the main troop.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 03 Oct 2018, 17:25

Rebel wrote:How did these other moving troops all around know we were going to move south?

Who says they know MMK and his 40 men are going anywhere? As far as MMK can tell, he hasn't been followed. More likely they are following the main force, which is anything but stealthy.

Anyways, in the absence of OSM and TGM, I suppose I might as well control their movement as well? The main troop will continue to move south with archers returning fire to south where they are being shot from.

Archers return fire. You have no way of knowing how effective it is.

Meanwhile our smaller band in ambush will use elude movement and converge with the main troop.

As you approach the main troop (maybe 500 feet away), you see more and more groups of bandits. You can:
a. Continue as you were and hope they don't notice you.
b. Spring your ambush, likely decimating whichever group you spring it on, but alerting all others nearby to your presence.
c. Take a detour, avoiding combat.
d. Charge through, taking the most direct path to your main troop, ignoring the casualties.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou