Skirmish Turn Results

Skirmish Turn Results

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2018, 07:15

Day 1
To get things going, I will run the first day now.

Patrol Force: The Forgotten
You are slowly and stealthily moving northeast. So far, nothing of note was dicrovered this close to the city. The few peasants you encounters repeat what you hav heard in the briefing: there is suspicious movement to the northeast of the city. Even as you personally scout the small forest near the city, you find nothing.

(OOC Note: Since you have no cavalry and you are moving slowly using Elude, the only way you can scout nearby areas is in person, as only officers will have horses. Not a major problem with your and Zhou Liang's War stat, but just so know).

Fei Lai: Trains Troops
Zhou Liang: Waiting for turn submission

Training value: 204. 108 (0) troops gain 4 training, 42 (0) troops gain 3 training.

Patrol Force: Noble Spirit
The force proceeds south in a sthealthy manner and dissappears out of sight quickly. Noone knows where it is.
You find a few peasant gatherers near the light forest 216:236. They are the first people you find, since you tried to avoid being seen. They are suprised you your large troop and confused. What do you want to do?

Shi Xiang: studies Reversal (1)

Patrol Force: A Bundle of Bamboo Sticks
The force nearly makes it to the three villages, but not quite. Thankfully there are no enemies so close to the city. Some of the peasants speak of rebels raiding villages "from all directions".

Mao Ma Kan
: Trains Troops
Liu Jia: Trains Troops
Shang Bao: Trains Troops
The troops grumble about having to train after a long march.

Total training value: 375. 230 (0) infantry gain 3 training. 30 (0) bowmen gain 7 training. 10 (0) horsemen gain 10 training.
Last edited by ShadInquis on 18 Jul 2018, 19:03, edited 7 times in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Re: SKirmish Turn Results

Postby Porcelain Cow » 17 Jul 2018, 07:24

What's the total value on Reversal?

Re: Peasants:
1. Make sure they are correctly identified as peasants (i.e. unarmed).
2. Ask where they are from, since their confusion suggests ignorance of the patrol efforts underway from Wan.
3. Ask what they are doing there, especially referrencing the current danger of raids.
4. Ask them to provide intel on enemy movement and local landscape.
5. I guess after that I react to whatever they said.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Cunning(e), Scribe, Tactician, Wile
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2018, 07:52

Porcelain Cow wrote:What's the total value on Reversal?

2. Ask where they are from, since their confusion suggests ignorance of the patrol efforts underway from Wan.
3. Ask what they are doing there, especially referrencing the current danger of raids.

1. They are unarmed.
2. We are from a nearby hamlet to the west of here. It's too small to be on most maps.. OOC note: the peasants are unlikely to know military matters well if it doesn't concern them. The recruitment notice was distributed in the city, not in small villages.
3. We are gathering food. We must feed our families, bandits or not.
4. Bandits, many bandits in the southern forests, we can no longer gather here. OOC note: the peasants are unlikely to be able to tell apart the exact affiliation and troop types etc.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 17 Jul 2018, 07:57

ShadInquis wrote:
Porcelain Cow wrote:What's the total value on Reversal?

1. They are unarmed.
2. We are from a nearby hamlet to the west of here. It's too small to be on most maps.. OOC note: the peasants are unlikely to know military matters well if it doesn't concern them. The recruitment notice was distributed in the city, not in small villages.
3. We are gathering food. We must feed our families, bandits or not.
4. Bandits, many bandits in the southern forests, we can no longer gather here. OOC note: the peasants are unlikely to be able to tell apart the exact affiliation and troop types etc.

Would I know whether Wan could afford to share food with these people? Or take them, AND their families in?
If they know the Southern forests and usually gather there - and have SEEN bandits there - can they tell me where they've seen them and the general geography there? I will assist with ink and paper in visualizing, if necessary.
How many peasants are there, total?
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2018, 08:13

Porcelain Cow wrote:Would I know whether Wan could afford to share food with these people? Or take them, AND their families in?
If they know the Southern forests and usually gather there - and have SEEN bandits there - can they tell me where they've seen them and the general geography there? I will assist with ink and paper in visualizing, if necessary.
How many peasants are there, total?

They are villagers who live outside the city. The city depends on the countyside to generate food. Civilians fleeing the countryside into the city would mean stragegic defeat for your side.

The peasants normally don't go too deep in the forest. with the help of the map they point to 213:237 as the location they were turned back from recently. There are 3 peasants.

Re: Reversal skill. You are still learning the skill, it has no use until you finish learning it.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 17 Jul 2018, 08:20

ShadInquis wrote:Re: Reversal skill. You are still learning the skill, it has no use until you finish learning it.

I was under the impression I would get a "1 out of xxxx required" sort of implication here. As in 1/1000 or something, to put into my OI record. That's what I mean with Total Value. If current rules are changed from what I've read, disregard that.

Peasants:
Thank the peasants, tell them not to speak of our troop moving here, and give them 10 of our rations.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2018, 08:30

Porcelain Cow wrote:I was under the impression I would get a "1 out of xxxx required" sort of implication here. As in 1/1000 or something, to put into my OI record. That's what I mean with Total Value. If current rules are changed from what I've read, disregard that.

To be fair, I am still thinking how to best implement this. The main game's skill learning times were quite long (several months) so it would be pointless in this game. So for this turn, I have just noted the number of days expended (1) until I decide on how to best implement this.

Peasants:
Thank the peasants, tell them not to speak of our troop moving here, and give them 10 of our rations.

The peasants thank you.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Re: Skirmish Turn Results

Postby One Sun Mirror » 17 Jul 2018, 11:27

ShadInquis wrote:Patrol Force: A Bundle of Bamboo Sticks
The force nearly makes it to the three villages, but not quite. Thankfully there are no enemies so close to the city. Some of the peasants speak of rebels raiding villages "from all directions".

Mao Ma Kan
: Trains Troops
Liu Jia: Trains Troops
Shang Bao: Trains Troops
The troops grumble about having to train after a long march.

Total training value: 375. 230 (0) infantry gain 1 training. 30 (0) bowmen gain 3 training. 10 (0) horsemen gain 5 training.

A few questions:
1. Will you be keeping a tally of rations consumed each day for us or do we need to account for that ourselves?
2. We started with 10 auxiliaries in addition to our 100 peasant soldiers. I assume they will also need to eat?
3. What is the limit to the number of troops we are allowed to lead?
4. Are we only allowed to draft/hire/purchase items in towns/villages or can we do those things wherever we go? Wondering considering there are some villages "too small to be on the map".

A suggestion:
ShadInquis wrote:
Porcelain Cow wrote:I was under the impression I would get a "1 out of xxxx required" sort of implication here. As in 1/1000 or something, to put into my OI record. That's what I mean with Total Value. If current rules are changed from what I've read, disregard that.

To be fair, I am still thinking how to best implement this. The main game's skill learning times were quite long (several months) so it would be pointless in this game. So for this turn, I have just noted the number of days expended (1) until I decide on how to best implement this.

Perhaps 1SP worth of skill could take a week's worth of studying? This would mean it would still take a reasonably significant effort to achieve them without making them unattainable. Of course, this depends a little on how long you envision this scenario running for. Just a suggestion of course, you can take things in whatever direction you like.
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2018, 12:02

One Sun Mirror wrote:A few questions:
1. Will you be keeping a tally of rations consumed each day for us or do we need to account for that ourselves?
2. We started with 10 auxiliaries in addition to our 100 peasant soldiers. I assume they will also need to eat?
3. What is the limit to the number of troops we are allowed to lead?
4. Are we only allowed to draft/hire/purchase items in towns/villages or can we do those things wherever we go? Wondering considering there are some villages "too small to be on the map".

1. I would prefer if you kept track of of training and food.
2. Sure, 10 auxiiaries eat a total of 3 food per day
3. Double your leadership (per officer) as a soft cap. You can go over this for the purposes of marching, but troops will not be as responsive in battle. Also, a large force will be spotted more easily. The cap could be raised as the campaign progresses.
4. I would suggest to draft in villages only. You can try to draft elsewhere, but unless you spend the whole day on the same tile, your will not find too many men. Even large villages may not have that many free men. You are patrol officers, not recruiting officers, so your authority to recruit is fairly limited. Hire depends on avaliablity of mercenaries, don't expect there to be too many of them just sitting there. You can get more based on your your progress and your choices. If you want ot buy items, it would depend on what and how much you buy. The countryside might have some food and very basic stuff, villages have more quantity and quality wise, and if you need something special, you should probably buy it when you visit Wan with interim progress reports.

Perhaps 1SP worth of skill could take a week's worth of studying? This would mean it would still take a reasonably significant effort to achieve them without making them unattainable. Of course, this depends a little on how long you envision this scenario running for. Just a suggestion of course, you can take things in whatever direction you like.

That's not far off from what I was thinking.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 17 Jul 2018, 12:13

ShadInquis wrote:
One Sun Mirror wrote:

That's not far off from what I was thinking.

It might be worthwhile to account for the fact we get 1 PT Action total, so that study is literally all you are doing. No training, no crafting, no corresponding, nothing.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby Rebel » 17 Jul 2018, 14:46

Question about training. Usually 100 soldiers are taken as 1 unit in the game and gains from training are much bigger than 1 training increase for 230 soldiers (usually that would 2 or 3 units in the bigger game version and even a 50 lead general can train it fully in one game turn). At the current rate it would take 100 turns just to train the starting unit, which is pretty slow.

I am guessing you divided the total training value of 375 to all the soldiers resulting in the gains? Is it possible to spend all the training on one unit, like the 10 cavalry unit we have? Suppose all officers train that unit to make it more effective?

Edit: Also, what is our location? Asking so that we know how many hexes away we are from the villages.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2018, 15:23

Rebel wrote:Question about training. Usually 100 soldiers are taken as 1 unit in the game and gains from training are much bigger than 1 training increase for 230 soldiers (usually that would 2 or 3 units in the bigger game version and even a 50 lead general can train it fully in one game turn). At the current rate it would take 100 turns just to train the starting unit, which is pretty slow.

The KT in the main game takes 3 months, so yes, the 1 day training is supposed to be slow. Since this is a patrol mission you will be getting into fights that give all troops training too.

That said, maybe it's a little too slow. I have changed the formula a little and edited the results.

I am guessing you divided the total training value of 375 to all the soldiers resulting in the gains? Is it possible to spend all the training on one unit, like the 10 cavalry unit we have? Suppose all officers train that unit to make it more effective?
You can pool training, though I will cap traning gain to 10 per night, so troops don't turn into veterans overnight.

Edit: Also, what is our location? Asking so that we know how many hexes away we are from the villages.

217:237 just north of the villages.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby thegrandmystic » 18 Jul 2018, 00:17

Since these turns are being done at a daily rate, does this mean experience gain for various actions (like training troops, for instance) is also smaller to match since that is also based on a month's time? If so, any particulars by which we should lessen the amount?
Simzhou: Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Officer Dueling Horsemans Guy!
Nephew to Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!

75-82-70-31-62
Charge, Duelist, Scout, Trample, Valor, Weaponmaster
Golden Phoenix Band (now a cavalry sub-unit of the Bundle of Bamboo Sticks Patrol Force)
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby One Sun Mirror » 18 Jul 2018, 04:49

I know it's a shorter time-scale we're working with, but it would still be nice to see some kind of progression over the course of this minigame. I would prefer that my character be not exactly backwards compatible (ie. I couldn't finish this and bring the finished product back into the main pre-game for balance reasons). But that's just personal preference.
Porcelain Cow wrote:It might be worthwhile to account for the fact we get 1 PT Action total, so that study is literally all you are doing. No training, no crafting, no corresponding, nothing.

Do you think a week is still too long, Porcelain Cow? It is a big commitment seeing it's the only thing you do, I guess we don't really know how long a week is in the intended scale of the game. New skills do provide a permanent boost to your character though, which is very helpful! And given Shi Xiang is (as far as I'm aware) not travelling with most of her troops at the moment, I think studying is making reasonably good use of her time.

EDIT: Oh, and do we gain any exp for PT actions such as Training?
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 18 Jul 2018, 05:45

All depends how simple you wanna keep it. Could simply be that 1 SP = 5 days or something. Or still have it be like the main game and scale a bit with the usefulness of the skill. Reversal for example is less valuable than other 1 SP skills because it is not something you can actively use, just a passive, and for it to do anything at all you need to succeed in defending yourself from a ploy first, making it an (at times) difficult conditional. Compared to Ambush or Arson that makes it less valuable even among 1 SP skills.

Also yeah I'm not travelling with all my troops, but I generally wouldn't train after marching anyway. The reason I think training skills on Xiang is useful is because she has Tactician, so she can pass them on to others. Which is why I picked Reversal, aswell.

A lot of it really is down to the scale of the game though, because of the 1 Action limit more than anything, since you'll basically not achieve anything else during that time. I've personally got a crafting skill for example, but I also couldn't earn money in the villages and train at the same time for example, so all depending on how large a timeframe this is set to be the "investment" sort of actions like Train or Study can be pretty lackluster if you end up finishing your stuff and then there's 2 turns left.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Next

Return to Simzhou