Turn submission thread

Re: Turn submission thread

Postby Porcelain Cow » 02 Aug 2018, 20:40

Ah right, it's the difference between Gate and Village tile.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Cunning(e), Scribe, Tactician, Wile
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby Rebel » 03 Aug 2018, 04:05

How do you build a ship? Rules show you need invent and Navy skill helps. How much would it cost to build a ship that can carry 300+ troops and how much time would it take? Are there options for building ships in the minigame and chance of naval battle?
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 03 Aug 2018, 09:02

Rebel wrote:How do you build a ship? Rules show you need invent and Navy skill helps. How much would it cost to build a ship that can carry 300+ troops and how much time would it take?

At this point you do not have expertise, time or manpower to build "proper" ships. You need a proper shipyard, as your soldiers are not skilled shipbuilders. You have rafts (they don't need to be built)
Are there options for building ships in the minigame and chance of naval battle?

Chance of a naval battle - yes, even of rafts, you can meet with another force over water, though it will be inefficient.

Building ships - not telling :).
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 03 Aug 2018, 16:15

What becomes of the actual refugees that came to our camp and OSM took them in? Do we continue to feed them? Send them away? Recruit them? They disappear into nothingness?

I think we are set for Day 4. Total of rebels killed wounded for the report.

Battle 1
Rebel Refugees: 15 killed and 7 wounded.
Rebel infantry: 26 killed and 14 wounded.
Rebel archers: 12 killed and 10 wounded
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 03 Aug 2018, 16:22

You may as well skip the wounded and add prisoners. Wan authorities will primarily look at the kills and prisoners. The wounded are important in the short term (for example if you are tailing a unit), but in the long run they will heal, just like your wounded.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 15 Aug 2018, 13:22

Day 5. Updated stats - Dai Ren 87-75*-81-20-30 Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley (+1 War)
Emperor's Aegis - 79(15) [10wounded] 240 rations
Bows: 32 bows (2 damaged), +1 horse.

Movement - Move 4 squares west from X:205,y:232 to X:201,Y:232
Lead from the front with Infantry.
Rest.
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby Rebel » 21 Aug 2018, 14:20

((Subject to confirmation from OSM and grand mystic))

Day 5

1. Movement

The bundle of sticks troop along with officers will use probe movement and check out the forest to the west that was previously identified on Day 2 as dangerous and considered overrun with outlaws taxing the villages.

Condition: If allowed Shang Bao can lead an advance unit a little distance ahead to find possible ambushes (Skills: scout) and others will follow close enough to rush in with the rest of the troop. If not allowed then we will all go together.

2. Standard Command

3. If we get battle, doctor troops. If not train troops

Training acquired should be 2 * (77 lead, 58 war) + 1 which should be enough to raise training for any unit of 30 troops by 10.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Aug 2018, 15:02

Rebel wrote:1. Movement

The bundle of sticks troop along with officers will use probe movement and check out the forest to the west that was previously identified on Day 2 as dangerous and considered overrun with outlaws taxing the villages.

Condition: If allowed Shang Bao can lead an advance unit a little distance ahead to find possible ambushes (Skills: scout) and others will follow close enough to rush in with the rest of the troop. If not allowed then we will all go together.

Considering you are going into heavy woods, how exactly do you approach? Do you march to a certain location or are searching in a wide region (the forest is quite big)? Do you want your infantry marching in a single block or spread out? Do you want to stick to the road, or march off the roads?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 22 Aug 2018, 12:57

Do we know about any specific forest tile where the outlaws are concentrated? I am guessing the villagers pointed us to X215 Y238, or X216 Y239 so we would focus on the map tile pointed out by the villagers instead of searching the whole cluster.

We would probably stick to roads as the outlaws are taxing the villagers and merchants who presumbly use the roads?

As for marching style, what is the difference between spreading out or marching in a single block when using probe movement?

Basiclly, I just want our group to search the forest hexes without running into another ambush. Still waiting to see if OSM wants us to do something different though.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 22 Aug 2018, 13:44

Rebel wrote:Do we know about any specific forest tile where the outlaws are concentrated?

You do not. You can guess it it's probably in one of the thick forsts tiles rather than the light forest times, and that it's probably not more than a couple of days travel.
I am guessing the villagers pointed us to X215 Y238, or X216 Y239 so we would focus on the map tile pointed out by the villagers instead of searching the whole cluster.

The villagers direct you "west". Since they are not going too deep into the forest, that about as specific as they can get.

We would probably stick to roads as the outlaws are taxing the villagers and merchants who presumbly use the roads?
Do bear in mind that in a thick forest, a single small road does make you somewhat vulnerable.

As for marching style, what is the difference between spreading out or marching in a single block when using probe movement?
It was more trying to work out if you are heading for a destination through the tile with a focus on your safety, or are you activly searching the tile. The latter could give more intel, but is more dangerous.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby thegrandmystic » 22 Aug 2018, 22:49

Day 5!

1. Movement

Following orders! (OOC: deferring to Rebel or OSM's orders and agreeing with movement plans for the forest once solidified)

2. Front-line command (should it come to it)

3. Study: Ambush
Last edited by thegrandmystic on 25 Aug 2018, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.
Simzhou: Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Officer Dueling Horsemans Guy!
Nephew to Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!

75-82-70-31-62
Charge, Duelist, Scout, Trample, Valor, Weaponmaster
Golden Phoenix Band (now a cavalry sub-unit of the Bundle of Bamboo Sticks Patrol Force)
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby Rebel » 23 Aug 2018, 05:43

ShadInquis wrote:You do not. You can guess it it's probably in one of the thick forsts tiles rather than the light forest times, and that it's probably not more than a couple of days travel.

In that case, we will search the thick forests tiles one at a time using probe movement.

Do bear in mind that in a thick forest, a single small road does make you somewhat vulnerable.

I was under the impression that roads would be safer due to more travellers compared to deeper forest where the outlaws probably have their base camp. But we will stick to what is less vulnerable.

It was more trying to work out if you are heading for a destination through the tile with a focus on your safety, or are you activly searching the tile. The latter could give more intel, but is more dangerous.

Again, I thought that using the probe movement where you are actively searching a tile and try to be more vigilant would decrease the chances of traps/ambushes? The actions that give us more intel about a tile at the expense of movement points should make it safer?

Probe
TP Cost: 15
Skill Requirement: None
Description: At the beginning of the turn, the unit will start off with 1 less MP. By adopting strict measures on vigilance, the acting unit moves carefully, minimizing the damage that an enemy ambush or trap will be successful. Furthermore, there is a greatly increased chance that ambushes can be detected before they are launched, avoiding them altogether.

In any case, we will focus on safety while probing the forest.

However, we are going into the forest to specifically search for outlaws that are hiding there rather than just passing through.So we will be combing through as much of the tile as possible.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 23 Aug 2018, 07:31

Rebel wrote:I was under the impression that roads would be safer due to more travellers compared to deeper forest where the outlaws probably have their base camp. But we will stick to what is less vulnerable.

Basically in goes like this. Imagine there is a road which goes through the forsts. If you walk on this road, you negate most of the movement penalties for the forsts, but obviously marching in a column on the road makes you vulnerable.

Again, I thought that using the probe movement where you are actively searching a tile and try to be more vigilant would decrease the chances of traps/ambushes? The actions that give us more intel about a tile at the expense of movement points should make it safer?
Probe is safer overall and helps detect ambushes.

In any case, we will focus on safety while probing the forest.

However, we are going into the forest to specifically search for outlaws that are hiding there rather than just passing through.So we will be combing through as much of the tile as possible.

What would be your pursuit stragegy? If you meet suspicious groups in the forest, what would your orders be?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 23 Aug 2018, 12:27

ShadInquis wrote:
What would be your pursuit stragegy? If you meet suspicious groups in the forest, what would your orders be?

We will blindly charge at them with our eyes closed and shouting profanities until we fall into a ditch or a pit of fire.

Seriously, I don't know what the strategy would be until we find a suspicious group, know their numbers and see how they react to us. Right now, we only know two things IC.

1. There are outlaws in the forest.
2. They know about our group.

So we are going in prepared and expecting a fight.

BTW, if OSM comes around and decides to do something else, I am deferring movement to him. I wish he was around so that he could take some of the blame too when we get ambushed again.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 23 Aug 2018, 14:55

Day 5

1. Movement
We move into Wan as leisurely as possible while still making it there. Threat of ambushes to recapture prisoners should be over, so we can let the wounded take a comfortable pace.

2. Events

Shi Xiang goes to make her report to the City Watch. She turns over her prisoners and her loot aswell as all the maps she fashioned and various intel reports. She then personally reports to Li Sheng.

"I have returned from the Southern Villages and have the following to report: First, two incidents.

On our way to the village we unexpectedly encountered a group of peasants foraging for food in the nearby lightly forested area. We approached them and they relayed to us that their villages - further west and smaller than the others still - were having difficulties feeding themselves, as access to the forest as a food source had been denied to them. They identified a position where they had specifically been driven off by hostile forces (213, 237) to us. We left them some food and went on our way.

The second incident took place during the night, after we had reached the villages. There were many at the same time, truth be told, though the one I was directly involved in was an attempted ambush on the village, seemingly to set it ablaze. My auxiliaries spotted torchbearers moving in, and I set a trap and engaged them. They were driven off, but sought refuge in the forests, covered by flaming arrows shot from there, just close enough to reach the village outskirts. Thankfully we did not allow the archers to advance further, and my prisoners stem from that group.

In general I can report that the villages suffer from many problems, though two are the most pressing: Firstly, the enemy seems to be directed by a rather scheming individual, using many agents to entice people into sowing discord or riotous behavior, aswell as tightly coordinated attacks both by their forces directly and tip-offs of third parties. The villages are left either burned or raided, and while it is a cruel strategy, it will be an effective one in starving out Wan if they do not hold.

Secondly, the forests seem to have been infested with bandits for some time - ever since the city reduced patrols, according to the village elders. This has gotten to the point where they are so entrenched they have simply begun charging the villagers fees for protection, which they have no choice but to pay - I have seen as much in their papers. Ostensibly these would offer them protection, yet it seems the bandits have either retracted said "agreement" or have been bought off by the enemy, as intelligence from my prisoners indicate that our enemy has come to an arrangement with the bandits infesting the forests, paying them for passage and using them in their attacks with the promise of lucrative raids on defenseless places at the same time as they act against us.

Now I come to what I believe must be done. Once more, two issues spring to mind, though I will begin with the most pressing: The forest must be cleared. Wan should never have lost control over it, and the advantage it gives not just the enemy but the apparent bandit forces is unimaginable, not to mention the shame it brings to the would-be protectors of the villagers - a sentiment that has driven many of them to disloyalty. As not one but two hostile groups are encamped there, and we have seen them to be well-equipped, well-entrenched and expertly guided, this will not come easy. Therefore, if I was to expedition into the forests, I must requisition additional resources from you: specifically, Heavy Armor and Weapons, and the rations to conduct a campaign of a pace befitting such. Ultimately the forest will hinder both horsemen and archers, and even regular infantry will have trouble bringing their numbers to bear, so the more formidable an individual opponent in the narrows of the forests and tree groves, the better their chances - thus sweeping it out with heavily armored forces seems best-advised.

The second, - perhaps lesser, perhaps not, - issue is that our enemies seem to be rather handily waterborne in their movements aswell, which presents a problem not just for the villages nearby the eastern river, but for our objective of stopping the rebel army from advancing on the capital as a whole. The western river will easily carry them past Wan, no matter how much effort we expend. Thus it needs to be blocked - it's riverbed fouled up with edged rocks and the like - to make its flow rapid and unpredictable, to grant a point where they cannot pass, or we may intercept and intervene. This requires mostly large amounts of menial labor, both in transport and workload, and thus a large force. If you cannot grant me the armor, then that is what I must ask for instead."
Xiang rather exaspertedly concludes her report and bows.

3. Personal Turn

Train Troops
Kind of a mess, this one, with the wounded, potential new recruits during the day that will get added before it goes through, and all that jazz. Already discussed, so we'll see how things turn out.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Cunning(e), Scribe, Tactician, Wile
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou