Simzhou Skirmish Roleplay

Re: Simzhou Skirmish Roleplay

Postby Rebel » 12 Jul 2018, 04:01

One Sun Mirror wrote:@Rebel

"The border was not exciting enough for you? Not enough trouble brewing from the horse-tribes out in Liang province, eh? My commanding officer in the city is from the northern border, though he seems to believe the architects of our doom lie within our own forces than without. I suppose that's playing out now within our very homes now, we didn't even need an invasion..." Liu Jia mused sadly. Privately he admired the sense of adventure Mao Ma Kan displayed, willing to go to and fro from exciting place to exciting place.

"Yes, I am rooted to the ground here. I was born on a farm about a day's walk from the city and have lived in the area ever since. I am no hardened warrior, but if our produce is threatened by these rebels, I must give my all to protect the livelihoods of the soil-man community."

"Do you have a plan for fighting the enemy then?" he asked, noting the great bow on the back of the other man.

Mao Ma Kan listened carefully trying to read between the lines on what Liu Jia said.

"I am guessing there is a lot of internal political trouble going on in the city..from how you describe things."

He decided not to ask anymore. He will probably find out more in due time. For now, he needed to focus on the patrolling mission.

"My plan? Right. Well I don't even know who I am fighting and how many there are. I think the first order of business should be to scout the area and see what we are up against. If it's bandits, I'd be happy. They are usually disorganized and easy to break. I have experience with them. If its rebel soldiers or deserters, that could be more...painful."

He scratched his head looking at the map.

"Say, you are a local right? You probably know how many bandits and rebels are threatening Wan. Where do you think the patrol should go?"

As he was waiting for Liu Jia to respond, Mao Ma Kan caught hold of the scholarly woman who had been speaking to Li Sheng before he had entered the warehouse. It appeared that she had also come to answer the call for the patrol. He called out.

"What about you good lady? Do you have some idea about the bandits and rebels in the area?"
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 12 Jul 2018, 13:17

Xiang inclined her head and approached closer.

"I am afraid I have no first hand experience with them or the local outdoors. It is true that we know very little of them, but thus we simply must fall back on what we know to be true of all people: They must eat and they must sleep, and they must look upon the local land to provide for this. If we investigate how they go about accomplishing these things and what natural places most provide for this, we should learn more about them." she concluded in a teacherly manner.
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Cunning(e), Scribe, Tactician, Wile
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby Rebel » 12 Jul 2018, 13:51

Porcelain Cow wrote:Xiang inclined her head and approached closer.

"I am afraid I have no first hand experience with them or the local outdoors. It is true that we know very little of them, but thus we simply must fall back on what we know to be true of all people: They must eat and they must sleep, and they must look upon the local land to provide for this. If we investigate how they go about accomplishing these things and what natural places most provide for this, we should learn more about them." she concluded in a teacherly manner.

"That sounds reasonable."

He nodded. Better to scout the area first instead of trying to take on any major enemy parties.

"Are you planning to set off soon lady? By the way, I am Mao Ma Kan."

He said with a smile and then a thought occurred.

"I wonder if its possible to buy some equipment for the few followers we have or give them some training before leaving?"

He asked Li Sheng.

"Oh. Could I also stock up on some healing potions?"
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 12 Jul 2018, 14:09

Rebel wrote:
He said with a smile and then a thought occurred.

"I wonder if its possible to buy some equipment for the few followers we have or give them some training before leaving?"

He asked Li Sheng.

I have already authorised some bows for your men. If you want more, you have to prove you are worth the investment. Go out there, earn some merit, and there will be plenty of reward for both you and your men.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 12 Jul 2018, 14:21

Rebel wrote:"Are you planning to set off soon lady? By the way, I am Mao Ma Kan."

"I am Shi Xiang." she nodded. "I was planning to go quietly with a few men and a handful of my most skilled students to inspect the land and speak to the people to the south. Perhaps we can make some reasonable predictions about the enemys position and movements that way, or at the very least fashion a detailed map of the area to prepare for the eventual skirmish."
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby Rebel » 12 Jul 2018, 17:37

Porcelain Cow wrote:
Rebel wrote:"Are you planning to set off soon lady? By the way, I am Mao Ma Kan."

"I am Shi Xiang." she nodded. "I was planning to go quietly with a few men and a handful of my most skilled students to inspect the land and speak to the people to the south. Perhaps we can make some reasonable predictions about the enemys position and movements that way, or at the very least fashion a detailed map of the area to prepare for the eventual skirmish."

"Just a handful of men? Sounds dangerous. What if the bandits or rebels caught you?"

Ma Kan rubbed his chin trying to actlike he knew what he was talking about.

"I would prefer to take all my soldiers. Its not like I have too many. My guess is even the smallest bandit party would be dozens. It would be good to have the numerical superiority against them, if we end up fighting."

He looked at the entrance wondering if more volunteers would join up. Perhaps in a few days? He put his hands on his belt and stood up straight.

"Well Master Liu Jia and Lady Shi Xiang. I suppose it is time to earn some merit. I think we can be a good team. With my bow, your resourcefulness and her tactical knowledge, we will have good chance of coming back alive. Maybe even make a name for ourselves and good fortune."

He looked at Li Sheng. Hopefully they'd get paid well.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 13 Jul 2018, 02:56

@Rebel, Porcelain Cow

Liu Jia listened to the lady speak of her intentions in "the south" and wondered where she had come from and how she had become a scholar? He had only spoken with one scholar before, and seen perhaps a handful more, and they had all been wizened old man... and yet here stood a young woman speaking in their manner!

"Milady, this is not an experiment, this is the livelihood of everyone here. We cannot afford to simply watch and observe. We need to act. If you are going to observe quietly, you should at least do so either with other plans in place, or do so in conjunction with others who might be able to support simple observation," Liu Jia explained. "I know you surely mean well, but I know of villages which have had their stores stripped by Xiangyang bandits. If you turn up saying you want to merely observe the thieves, they may be less than impressed."

"That said... as you are a learned and scholarly woman, perhaps we should bring with us a map of the area? If I know the places you see on the map, perhaps you can best work out where rebels might be based. As you say, everyone needs to eat. Where would the rebels most likely go if they wanted to feed themselves?"

"I wonder if it might suit the three of us best if we planned and worked in tandem? The age-old addage about a single strand of bamboo may be snapped, but a bundle stands strong in adversity comes to mind..."
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Rebel » 13 Jul 2018, 03:24

OSM & PC

Mao Ma Kan nodded at Liu Jia.

"I think working together would be the best option. Master Liu Jia. You probably knows the countryside best. The lady here has no experience with the local outdoors and I am completely new to the city. You can negotiate with villagers and work the land to keep our soldiers well fed and equipped."

He looked at Shi Xiang, noting how young she looked for a scholar.

"Lady Shi. You are well read on strategy and good at writing. You can deal with the higher city officials, nobility and help us with battle tactics."

"I can lend my bow and arrow in case we end up in a fight."

He looked at the map and laid out what he had been thinking.

"There are three villages, a couple of days march to the south. I am thinking we should head there and find out how they are holding against bandits and rebels. Maybe help them out with any trouble. Perhaps recruit a few more men? I have some gold and food to spare."

"You guys can join..unless someone has a better idea?"
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 13 Jul 2018, 14:52

For all the wondrous knowledge Xiang might have possessed, mindreading was not one of them, as such any answers about her origins remained just as unspoken as the questions in the men's thoughts, unknown to her.

"It seems decided we shall venture south, going about our own schemes, be it recruitment or cartography." she nodded, thoughtfully. "At this time I suspect travelling in large swathes shall not suit us - or at the very least me - in my endeavours, so perhaps we shall reconvene and meet again at the villages once we each have made our way there, to speak of what we have learned? Should it come to an enemy attack, we must all stand together regardless, of course."

Xiang walks over to the map, nodding to herself as she notes a few specifics. "I must have my leave now, to prepare my students for what is ahead. I look forward to speaking again when we have arrived."
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby Rebel » 14 Jul 2018, 04:28

Mao Ma Kan was a little surprised.

"I thought we might travel together. That would make it easier to support one another and deal with any problems as a unit."

"If nothing else, it would certainly make the journey a lot less boring."

When Xiang noted that she had her own schemes and traveling in a group did not suit her, he could only shake his head. Secret schemes? I thought this was a simple patrolling mission.

As she made her farewell and left, he turned to Liu Jia in a resigned matter.

"Well Liu Jia. Do you want to tag along like a..how did you put it? A bundle of bamboo sticks?"

Or arrows in a quiver. He felt the bow across his back and smiled.

"Come, I will tell you a good story about the time I tried my hand as a magistrate for a small town during the last war."
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 14 Jul 2018, 08:05

@Rebel, Porcelain Cow

"Going south would be the direction we'd most likely find some presence of rebels, if indeed they are connected to the Xiangyang rebels," Liu Jia mused. Something in the back of his mind echoed, words from the lady scholar, but he decided to hold onto these and allow the others to speak.

He was surprised when Shi Xiang decided that her best option would be to meander southwards on her own, meeting up with them at a rendezvous point that had been barely agreed upon. He heard his thoughts echoed aloud by Mao Ma Kan, that they should coordinate their course.

"Perhaps we are not the company a scholar might choose?" Liu Jia wondered aloud to Mao Ma Kan. "A man of the soil and a hired sword. Well, let us be a bundle of bamboo indeed, scholar or no."

"As I see it, we ought to travel a short distance out of the city today and see if we can ready these peasants for some kind of conflict. We don't want them to break at the first sign of any kind of conflict. Sadly, I am no great trainer and won't be of much help there, though I might be able to rally some other local farmers to our cause? I have ready to leave with me thirty hand-picked troops with some semblance of discipline who might be able to help us there. It would be prudent of us to gather without drawing too much attention to ourselves... do you have any thoughts?"

Liu Jia eagerly hoped to hear of Mao Ma Kan's early experience as a town magistrate, perhaps once they were on the road.
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Rebel » 14 Jul 2018, 12:08

Mao Ma Kan nodded.

"I am not much of a trainer myself. The small band I've gathered can hardly hold a stick let alone fight. I was also thinking of marching south, as far as possible, and then training them when we make camp?"

He was thoughtful.

"Hopefully we wont run into trouble on the first day right outside the city. No idea what
tomorrow brings, but at least we will be better prepared."

He gave Li Sheng a short bow. Not the shooting kind. The other one that's meant as a courtesy.

((So I guess we leave now and wait for Turn results?))
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 14 Jul 2018, 13:10

OOC: Once you have decided whether you are going as a team or alone and finalised your turns, I'll run the first day.

I am still waiting for turns from OSM and Phailak
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Porcelain Cow » 14 Jul 2018, 13:23

ShadInquis wrote:I am still waiting for turns from OSM and Phailak

(( Phailak might be busy, seeing how he just migrated the Simwarlords site to new hosting, and now its suddenly unavailable after what seemed to initially be a successful migration. At least that's my guess. ))
Skirmish Minigame
Shi Xiang (170)
76-45-80-65-60
Troop Info
Porcelain Cow
Sidney Crosby

Postby thegrandmystic » 14 Jul 2018, 20:43

A young man, seemingly fresh-faced and clean-shaven in appearance, milled around the warehouse for a bit in the line of volunteers until it was his time to be beckoned forth. When he was waved over to report, he strode over to one of the tables covered in papers and offered a nod of his head before speaking.

"Shang Bao of Luoyang, nephew of Shang Song, Attendant of the Imperial Court, reporting for duty. I was able to muster a band of peasants from one of the outskirt villages - a bit of training and they'll be proper soldiers yet," he introduced himself. "Most of the horses have already been mustered for the fighting around the capital, which is unfortunate as I was aware they were in short supply here as well; thanks to my dear Uncle, however, I come with with a few of them to help with patrolling the area." And with that, he turned over his personal seal and credential papers for inspection before taking a look at all the hustle and bustle going on around the warehouse interior.

"Any word on if there's been any organization among all these volunteers, or is this an every-man-for-themself sort of deal?"
Simzhou: Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Officer Dueling Horsemans Guy!
Nephew to Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!

75-82-70-31-62
Charge, Duelist, Scout, Trample, Valor, Weaponmaster
Golden Phoenix Band (now a cavalry sub-unit of the Bundle of Bamboo Sticks Patrol Force)
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou