Simzhou Skirmish Roleplay

Simzhou Skirmish Roleplay

Postby ShadInquis » 02 Jul 2018, 15:34

This is a roleplay thread for the Simzhou continuation minigame I want to run and to see who is active for this game. The main goal is to to have fun in the existing Wan vs rebels scenario, and revive activity. Feel free to use you old Simzhou character, or a new one.

Once a few people join in, rules will be posted. The PT rules are relatively simple, and the minigame would be focused on small battles, duels and ploys (non-combat characters will be just important as combat ones). The minigame will be set up in a way that late starts will not be hampered. You could hop in at any time. From my end, I promise to be active and run the minigame until it either reaches the end or people have had enough.

This thread is to remember (or establish) your characters and what they are doing.
Last edited by ShadInquis on 03 Jul 2018, 11:25, edited 3 times in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Re: Simzhou Skirmish Roleplay

Postby ShadInquis » 02 Jul 2018, 15:50

City of Wan, April 190:
It is Spring 190, and the Wan is preparing for battle. The succession crisis and first skirmishes are over, the city now prepares for the inevitable full-scale invasion by the rebels. Reports are sketchy, it is known that the rebels had more than 20,000 men back in January, but this number is though to have swelled since. People speak of 50 and even 100 thousand rebels waiting to come down. Although some isolated enemy patrols were defeated earlier in spring, they have since returned in much greater numbers, harrassing villages and laying waste to the countryside.

Thankfully, Wan has a large number of skilled officers at its disposal and although the spring succession crisis interfered a lot with defence preparations, the city still has 6,100 trained men and 6,700 fresh recruits to ready to fight. To counter the enemy patrols, the city, set up a new recruiting station for counter-patrols, hoping to emulate its earlier success. Rewards were promised for units for defeating enemies, killing or capturing officers and securing territory. New units are ready to be sent out continuously and join the fight.

In the cold spring morning, citizens find the following message pinned in almost every public location:

"Citizens of Wan

After their defeats in in spring, the cowardly rebel forces tried to forment unrest in the city. Being unfilial, these lowlives were stopped again. Now that their ploys have failed, they try to send oulaws and brigands to attack peaceful merchants and villagers.

Sun Tzu says: when you are strong, you should appear weak. Thus the rebel forces thought us to be weak and have paid for their arrogance. Now, as per the 36 stratagems, the tiger has been lured from its lair. The enemies have been split up and have no chance in an equal fight.

Those that want to follow the example set by our city lord, Liu Shentong himslelf, and hunt the rebels, should present themselves at the garrison main warehouse. Teams will formed and outfitted. Rewards will be given for defeating rebels and other outlaws. Great rewards for those who capture enemy officers. Immediate promotion for capturing important enemy leaders and for burning their bases.

Last edited by ShadInquis on 09 Jul 2018, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Phailak » 06 Jul 2018, 13:09

Lai had always been a leader of men. They flocked to him even had he not chosen this life.

He had dedicated his life to war but was disgraced by a scheming minister in Jiang Xia and lost all rank and respect. In the end, even his men had abandoned him.

The situation in Wan was a new beginning and he presented himself ready with some volunteers he had managed to convince.
Fei Lai (31)
94-80-31-31-31
Skills: Charge(e), Blitz, Cunning, Leader, Valor
Soldier info
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Kingdom: Shen Hu

Postby ShadInquis » 06 Jul 2018, 13:21

(OOC: Is this the same Fei Lai as in Simzhou, or should he be treated as a new character?)

The guards at the garrision have been ordered grant entry to those volunteering for partol duty. They point Fei Lai to the warehouse where he could receive his supplies and other equipment.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Phailak » 06 Jul 2018, 13:24

OOC: New guy, lost track of the other guy

Patrol... how low he had fallen, he had not patrolled anything since his early days. His face remained a mask though as he nodded and proceeded.

Barking orders for the men to take what they needed, he observed if any others were coming to help.
Fei Lai (31)
94-80-31-31-31
Soldier info
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Postby ShadInquis » 06 Jul 2018, 13:31

(OOC: Seems very similar to the old guy)

A man at the back of the warehouse beckons Fei Lai to approach. The man is sat at a desk covered in open ledgers, troop rosters and maps. He seems dressed in civilian attire, but at the same time, no stranger to combat.

Name, please. Any formal rank or past command position?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Phailak » 06 Jul 2018, 13:49

Lai stepped up, chin high in an exaggerated air of command.

"Fei Lai, I have come to volunteer. I have 150 men at my command but they are basically peasants with able bodies."

He did not offer anything else, keeping his past hidden for now.
Fei Lai (31)
94-80-31-31-31
Soldier info
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Postby ShadInquis » 06 Jul 2018, 13:56

The man bored expression quickly gave way to excitement.
Fei Lai? Leader of the "Wolf" patrol from last month? It's good to see... wait. You look a bit different. Did I make a mistake? Have we met?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Phailak » 06 Jul 2018, 14:02

Lai shook his head.

''No, that was not me. I have not been involved in any military tasks in years."

No smile or jest, all business.
Fei Lai (31)
94-80-31-31-31
Soldier info
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Postby ShadInquis » 06 Jul 2018, 14:23

The man not.
Apologies. I have mistaken you for someone else. I am Li Sheng, Chief of Intelligence in the city. I am in change of the organisation of this suppression of rebel incusrions.

Let me brief you.

Li Sheng opens the large map, that occupies half of his desk.

As you can see, our city of Wan blocks the potential route into Luoyang from the south. The rebel army in Xiang Yang is swelling by the day. There are conflicting reports about its size, but they have been growing bolder in the recent weeks. Although we defeated some patrols a couple of months ago, we are now getting reports of raids on villages and hamlets around the province.

The forests to the south and southwest of the city are dense and can hide an entire army, making enemies hard to track. The villages near this forest are semi-isolated and vulnerable. Worriyingly, we have also received reports of unidentified troops in the forests northeast of the city. Not to mention regular bandits and brigands.

We must restore control of our countryside, or we will end up under siege before the main rebel army even sets off.

(OOC: Li Sheng is the same Li Sheng, but he is an NPC for this minigame. He is staying in Wan and does not directly participate, though he will RP)
Last edited by ShadInquis on 06 Jul 2018, 20:19, edited 3 times in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Phailak » 06 Jul 2018, 15:21

Lai paid attention and let Sheng finish.

"Perhaps I can investigate the northeast with my small force, not engage but rather scout? I could approach from here and stay hidden from their view as they are from ours."

Using the map as a reference, Lai shows his thoughts.
Fei Lai (31)
94-80-31-31-31
Soldier info
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Postby ShadInquis » 06 Jul 2018, 15:51

You are free to proceed as you like. At this point we do not know the extent of the rebel incursions, but they are likely split into small groups to avoid detection. As long as you bring back results, you are doing your job.

Take this seal, it will serve as proof your authority in the countryside. It is valid for one month. It will give you the power to request supplies or manpower within reason from the locals and to arrest suspicious individuals to bring them back to the city for trial.
Last edited by ShadInquis on 06 Jul 2018, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Phailak » 06 Jul 2018, 15:53

Lai nodded, happy to have orders, already a plan was designed within his mind and he could not wait to execute it.

He left, keeping an eye for others.
Fei Lai (31)
94-80-31-31-31
Soldier info
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Rebel » 10 Jul 2018, 13:51

ShadInquis wrote:In the cold spring morning, citizens find the following message pinned in almost every public location:

"Citizens of Wan

After their defeats in in spring, the cowardly rebel forces tried to forment unrest in the city. Being unfilial, these lowlives were stopped again. Now that their ploys have failed, they try to send oulaws and brigands to attack peaceful merchants and villagers.

Sun Tzu says: when you are strong, you should appear weak. Thus the rebel forces thought us to be weak and have paid for their arrogance. Now, as per the 36 stratagems, the tiger has been lured from its lair. The enemies have been split up and have no chance in an equal fight.

Those that want to follow the example set by our city lord, Liu Shentong himslelf, and hunt the rebels, should present themselves at the garrison main warehouse. Teams will formed and outfitted. Rewards will be given for defeating rebels and other outlaws. Great rewards for those who capture enemy officers. Immediate promotion for capturing important enemy leaders and for burning their bases.

Ma Kan read the message and sighed.

Rebel forces. They are so misunderstood.

He enters the garrison and looks about before taking hold of one guard/soldier.

"I am here...for the reward."
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 10 Jul 2018, 14:27

The soldier points the warehouse:

"You need to go there, sir"

In the warehouse, Li Sheng is walking from one desk covered with scrolls, to another. Seeing Ma Kan walk in, he grabs a cup of cold tea from his desk. Taking a sip, he looks at the newcomer.

Name, please. Any formal rank or past command position?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Next

Return to Simzhou