Intervene in the Riots - planning room

Re: Intervene in the Riots - planning room

Postby UnholyBlade » 25 Aug 2017, 20:13

Looks great. I've edited my post to fit in with these tactics. Let's see how this goes!
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby Xu Yuan » 25 Aug 2017, 21:54

That looks pretty great there WesternConqueror! Always glad to have someone with the high stats play out those stats both IC and OOC, haha! I have to say, before you clarified the location of the Promise Pole I pictured Cai Bin's entourage carrying like five or six poles to give out for each possible Riot location.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Dong Zhou » 26 Aug 2017, 05:44

Great work WesternConqueror! I suspect IC, somehow Huyan Lie will get credit as quick meetings and messengers flew between officers handling riots. Or becomes a human sacrifice to the dark gods, one of the two

For those poor souls wandering around alone (Li Jun) could use a "if attacked" clause for future reference. Inserted
If attacked without enough soldiers to fight them, will seek to retreat and when safe send message to warn of riots to HQ then continue on order. If has enough soldiers around to defeat attackers or can take them on herself with reasonable chance of success, will charge
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Mat » 26 Aug 2017, 08:55

Made the change to the tactics to account for your clause, DZ.
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby WesternConqueror » 26 Aug 2017, 09:05

Thanks for the affirmation guys! :oops:

Yeah Cai Bin, there would only be 1 Promise Pole. Coz there can only be 1 memorial monument for it to work. :)

Yes thanks for the input Dong Zhou. Indeed I left out those contingencies for Li Jun.

Also Mat, you mentioned wanting Jiang Yan's orders/tactics to reflect use of lethal force to guard the Armory from the onset.
Huyan Lie 70-30-90-42-69 Tactician, Formation(e), Wile, Terrain

***Intervene in the Riots plot***
Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
In a lifetime of sorrow!"
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: I stand alone

Postby WesternConqueror » 11 Sep 2017, 14:06

Sir Ebrum wrote:
Riot-03.png
Riot-03.png (35.56 KiB) Viewed 1961 times

Dai Ren takes his 100 crack troops and disperses the riot on the west side of the city, and secures the area.
Liu Shentong, together with Huyan Lie takes 100 crack troops and disperses the riot in the central area of the city.
Jiang Meixiu, together with Ju-long Bai secure the city granaries with 100 crack troops.
Jiang Yan takes his 100 crack troops and secures the city armory.
Cai Bin begins organizing an aid station at headquarters.
Li Jun sends out scouts, but her attempt to rally more troops fails from a mix-up of orders: some men head northeast from HQ, while others head southwest to 5,6. 1(100) troops disperse and are no longer under Li Jun's control. Li Jun herself joins Dai Ren in securing 4,4.

Gongsun Ji arrives at HQ with 1(100) troops.
Li Jun's scouts begin to trickle back: they report that the riot in the south is spreading, and that another riot has broken out in the northeast. Currently the riots are confined to poorer districts, and the homes of the rich/important citizens are safe.
14(100) troops arrive at HQ reporting for duty.

Thanks again to Sir Ebrum for crunching the numbers and gamemastering the plot! :)

Our current situation:
1. except for the 1(100) soldiers Li Jun lost control of, no other casualties among troops so far.
2. our current disposition:
- Liu Shentong and Huyan Lie with 1(100) at HQ at (7,4).
- Cai Bin setting up aid station and organizing aid teams at HQ at (7,4).
- Dai Ren and Li Jun with 1(100) at (4,4).
- Jiang Meixiu and Ju-long Bai with 1(100) securing granaries at (7,4).
- Jiang Yan with 1(100) securing armory at (7,4).
- Gongsun Ji with 1(100) just arrived at HQ at (7,4).
- 14(100) troops just arrived at HQ at (7,4).
3. 2x new riot areas in Northeast (8,6) and South (7,2). Likely that the South Gate riot had spread.

Think our Tactics are generally still feasible and can continue executing. Noted that Sir Ebrum has removed the part where we try diplomatic persuasion of rioters.

Suggest some minor changes:
1. Gongsun Ji and Ju-long Bai (Jiang Meixiu to order) to lead 5(100) troops in 2 units from HQ to pacify new Northeast riot area. Once pacified, begin curfew. Total troops here 5(100).
2. Li Jun to return to HQ and bring 4(100) troops to Dai Ren at location (4,4). Together they impose curfew on Western part of city. Total troops here 5(100).
3. Liu Shentong to lead 5(100) troops, and with Huyan Lie's help, to pacify new South riot area 1st (to prevent riot from spreading further), then proceed on to riot area at South Gate. Once pacified, begin curfew. Total troops here 5(100).
4. Once reports of secured areas begin to come in to HQ, Cai Bin to begin sending out aid teams to those areas.
5. 2(100) troops in reserve at HQ under Jiang Meixiu.

Thoughts?
Last edited by WesternConqueror on 11 Sep 2017, 16:16, edited 2 times in total.

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby Mat » 11 Sep 2017, 15:45

WesternConqueror wrote:Thoughts?

3. Liu Shentong and Huyan Lie to lead 5(100) troops in 2 units to pacify new South riot area 1st (to prevent riot from spreading further), then proceed on to riot area at South Gate. Once pacified, begin curfew. Total troops here 5(100).

From an RP perspective there's no way Shentong would put Huyan Lie in charge of his own unit yet. He literally just met him a few in-game hours ago. So I think it would be best for Huyan Lie and Shentong to remain together as a single unit, with Huyan Lie assuming the role of tactician. It's a good starting point for Shentong to gain an appreciation for what Huyan Lie has to offer.

Other than that, everything else looks good to me. This should be a pretty straightforward affair. Hopefully the crisis will get resolved after the next phase, if we're lucky.
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby WesternConqueror » 11 Sep 2017, 16:14

Mat wrote:From an RP perspective there's no way Shentong would put Huyan Lie in charge of his own unit yet. He literally just met him a few in-game hours ago. So I think it would be best for Huyan Lie and Shentong to remain together as a single unit, with Huyan Lie assuming the role of tactician. It's a good starting point for Shentong to gain an appreciation for what Huyan Lie has to offer.

Other than that, everything else looks good to me. This should be a pretty straightforward affair. Hopefully the crisis will get resolved after the next phase, if we're lucky.

Ah ok. I have no problem with that. I did think of this actually. Just didn't think rp considerations would come in the way of actual tactics.

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby Mat » 11 Sep 2017, 16:55

I try to strike a balance between RP and doing the optimal strategic thing. Sometimes we're forced to do things that don't make a lot of RP sense (like not assigning ranks to everyone in the last KT because of budget constraints) but I try to avoid it if possible.

Jiang Yan's a good example of RP trumping utility. He's statistically one of the best generals we have, but won't ever lead a unit in battle after the way he's been acting during the pregame. Shentong just doesn't trust him anymore.
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby UnholyBlade » 11 Sep 2017, 17:27

I like the new outline WC, maybe add in a reinforcement clause in case things go sour and we're in a position to help the other units? I'd recommend having LS/HL have more troops since their riot has spread and is seemingly larger. We'vealready dispersed two groups, but we don't know if we got lucky with super good roles or if anything in our tactics gave us an edge. Maybe have the western and northern suppression squads have 4 troops each, giving 2 extra troops to the southern group, bringing it to 7 instead?

I agree with Matt's conclusion about keeping the unit together. I'm sure if cjh1k were here he'd have Jiang Yan be running semi-amok doing god knows what right about now, not because of tactical sense but to never be fully removed from the story which we play in. We are kind of lucky in that regard seeing as well as weve done thus far. :lol: It's a hard balance to strike for sure, but if we all got along and only did things that were beneficial, the game would be an optimized and stale environment.

Speaking of anything involving the nut, I'm looking forward to seeing the Liu Shentong vs Captain Insano Rp in which his eccentricities are addressed. I'm gonna start making popcorn now just in case
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby WesternConqueror » 12 Sep 2017, 15:33

Summarizing our tactical additions and changes below. Took into account Mat's and UnholyBlade's input.

Did I miss out anything? Any suggestions or comments? :D

EDIT: Just edited the tactics to correct grammar and make it slightly more complete. Strategically no new addition as a whole.

Plot Title: It's Such a Riot! - Tactical Additions and Changes
Description: Riots are breaking out in Wan! Will you be able to quell the mob?

Officers
The following officers are already in action working on their various assigned tasks:
:arrow: Liu Shentong ~ 72-92-60-30-60 ~ Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
:arrow: Jiang Yan ~ 90-81-60-30-29 ~ Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
:arrow: Dai Ren ~ 87-74*-81-20-30 ~ Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
:arrow: Jiang Meixiu ~ 53*-82-60-51-81* ~ Articulate, Charming, Duelist(e), Raid, Stealth, Valour
:arrow: Cai Bin ~ 5-10-65*-100*-86* ~ Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
:arrow: Huyan Lie ~ 70-30-90-42-69 ~ Tactician, Formation(e), Wile, Terrain
:arrow: Li Jun ~ 93*-66-70-30-60 ~ Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence
:arrow: Ju-long Bai ~ 88*-81-61-10-60 ~ Breeder, Duelist, Leader(e), Loyalty, Raid

The following officer has just arrived at the HQ bringing 1(100) troops:
:arrow: Gongsun Ji ~ 83–55–75–17-77 ~ Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Current Positions and Deployments
:arrow: At Garrison HQ (7,4)
Liu Shentong 1(100), Cai Bin, Gongsun Ji 1(100), Huyan Lie, 14(100) fresh troops (unassigned to any Commander)
:arrow: Guarding Granaries (7,4)
Jiang Meixiu 1(100), Ju-long Bai
:arrow: Guarding Armory (7,4)
Jiang Yan 1(100)
:arrow: Guarding (4,4)
Li Jun, Dai Ren 1(100)

Reported Riot Regions
:arrow: Northeast (8,6)
:arrow: South (7,2) (8,2)

Tactical Map

Riot-03.png
Riot-03.png (35.56 KiB) Viewed 1908 times

Tactics - Additions and Changes
:arrow: Imposition of Curfew - Method and Procedure
- deploy troop concentrations at important street junctions, squares, and open places where rioters may gather.
- have small squads patrol streets and open areas.
- troops' orders are to peaceably disperse any gatherings, to persuade citizens to go home and stay home.
- troops to be visible and vigilant, to impose curfew firmly but peacefully; strictly no highhandedness or provocative actions.
- troops to send regular status reports to Commander in charge.

:arrow: Secure West part of city by curfew. - Dai Ren + Li Jun
1. Dai Ren [Lea 87, War 74, Leader(e)] remains in place at (4,4) to secure area.
2. Li Jun returns to HQ (7,4) and leads 3(100) troops back to (4,4).
3. Once Li Jun arrives with the fresh troops, Dai Ren [Lea 87, War 74, Leader(e)] and Li Jun [Lea 93, War 66, Aid, Leader] impose curfew on western part of city (green patch in map).
- refer to Imposition of Curfew - Method and Procedure above.
4. Dai Ren and Li Jun to send progress reports to HQ.

Riot-03 - Response.jpg
Riot-03 - Response.jpg (104.57 KiB) Viewed 1908 times

:arrow: Take charge at Situation Room at Garrison HQ - Cai Bin
1. Cai Bin [Int 65, Pol 100, Cha 86] remains at Garrison HQ (7,4) to hold down the Situation Room.
2. Cai Bin to receive reports from the various fronts and pass on to Liu Shentong in the field.
3. Cai Bin to receive orders from Liu Shentong and convey to Commanders and Units in the field.

:arrow: Begin humanitarian aid - Cai Bin
1. Once reports of secured areas arrive at HQ, Cai Bin [Int 65, Pol 100, Cha 86] organizes and sends out aid teams to begin aid in those areas. Messengers follow aid teams.
2. Aid teams to send back status reports to Cai Bin at HQ (7,4).
3. Victims needing more medical care to be transported back to main aid station at HQ.

:arrow: Pacify riot in Northeast - Gongsun Ji + Ju-long Bai
1. Gongsun Ji 2(100) [Lea 83, War 55, Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid] and **Ju-long Bai 2(100) [Lea 88, War 81, Leader(e), Duelist, Loyalty, Raid] lead troops in anvil formation to attack rioters at (8,6) with non-lethal force to disperse them (black arrows show direction of tactical maneuver).
2. If rioters aggressive and out for blood, switch to lethal force as a last resort to defeat and disperse rioters.
3. If successfully disperse riot, send report of success to HQ and impose curfew in Northeast part of city (pink patch in map).
4. Gongsun Ji and Ju-long Bai to send progress reports to HQ.
5. If defeated by rioters, rally troops and retreat back to HQ.

**Liu Shentong orders Jiang Meixiu to send Ju-long Bai? Or whatever chain of command that Ju-long Bai will willingly follow...

:arrow: Pacify riot in South - Liu Shentong + Huyan Lie
Tactical Priority - To prevent riot from spreading further, deal with west-most rioters at (7,2) 1st, then move on to rioters at South Gate (8,2).
1. Liu Shentong [Lea 72, War 92, Duelist, Weaponmaster(e)] and Huyan Lie (Lea 70, War 30, Formation(e)] lead 7(100) troops in Anvil formation to attack rioters with non-lethal force to disperse them (yellow arrow shows direction of tactical maneuver).
- Huyan Lie [Int 90, Cha 69, Wile] tries Trick ploy to make rioters fight each other.
- Huyan Lie [Int 90, Cha 69, Wile] tries Dispirit ploy on rioters.
- Liu Shentong [Lea 72, War 92, Duelist, Weaponmaster(e)] attacks from West.
2. If rioters aggressive and out for blood, switch to lethal force as a last resort to defeat and disperse rioters.
3. If successfully disperse riot, Liu Shentong and Huyan Lie impose curfew in Southern part of city (remaining part of city with no color patch).
4. Huyan Lie to send progress reports to HQ.
5. If defeated by rioters, rally troops and retreat back to HQ.

Contingencies
:arrow: Pacify riot in Northeast - Gongsun Ji + Ju-long Bai
1. If rioters (too many or too violent, and) cannot be fully defeated or dispersed, contain rioters from spreading, and send to HQ for aid.

:arrow: Pacify riot in South - Liu Shentong + Huyan Lie
1. If rioters (too many or too violent, and) cannot be fully defeated or dispersed, contain rioters from spreading, and send to HQ for aid.

:arrow: Liu Shentong receives reports of new riot regions
1. Liu Shentong sends orders to troop commanders nearest to new reported riot areas (Dai Ren/Li Jun, Jiang Meixiu, Gongsun Ji/Ju-long Bai) to send out troops to engage rioters with non-lethal force to disperse them. Lethal force to be last resort.
2. If Liu Shentong/Huyan Lie are nearest, Liu Shentong leaves some troops to guard and patrol current area, then move to new riot area and engage rioters with non-lethal force to disperse them. Lethal force to be last resort. Liu Shentong sends messenger to Cai Bin at HQ informing of his new position.
3. If successfully disperse riot, impose curfew in that part of city, and send reports to HQ.
4. If defeated by rioters, rally troops and retreat back to HQ.

:arrow: Liu Shentong receives requests for aid and/or reinforcements
1. Liu Shentong sends orders to nearest troop commanders (Dai Ren/Li Jun, Jiang Meixiu, Gongsun Ji/Ju-long Bai) to send out troops to reinforce.
2. If Liu Shentong/Huyan Lie are nearest, Liu Shentong leaves some troops to guard and patrol current area, then move to reinforce. Liu Shentong sends messenger to Cai Bin at HQ informing of his new position.
3. If even more troops needed, Liu Shentong sends orders to Jiang Meixiu to leave troops to guard Granaries, herself to lead the 2(100) reserve troops to reinforce.

Last edited by WesternConqueror on 13 Sep 2017, 00:20, edited 2 times in total.

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby Mat » 12 Sep 2017, 22:54

It looks good to me. Very comprehensive.
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby UnholyBlade » 12 Sep 2017, 23:58

Aye, agreed. I can't see anything I would change.
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Xu Yuan » 13 Sep 2017, 02:13

Agreed, it looks great. All contingencies accounted for.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby WesternConqueror » 13 Sep 2017, 02:52

It's a pity we couldn't do the persuasion part to pacify the rioters. :( It's unconventional and abit of a long shot, and it does require the plot storyline to go out on a limb alittle.

As one among the several tactical options we chose, it might just have worked out well for us as a whole. :D

Now Huyan Lie is gonna have to work with Cai Bin elsewhere in other projects. :)

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer