Intervene in the Riots - planning room

Re: Intervene in the Riots - planning room

Postby Achira » 13 Sep 2017, 05:12

Looking nice mate :D . Agree with tactics.

Well let Ju-Long Bai and Gongsun Ji handle this :D
Achira
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: meeeh

Postby Dong Zhou » 13 Sep 2017, 09:28

Needs a "Li Jun goes to fishmarkets with lots of kindling and torches, Dai Ren puts in earplugs and learns to ignore the flames". :wink: Looks good
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Kun Tiao » 15 Sep 2017, 16:29

It may have sense to get under control the gates to the S from the riot area (and the whole wall, or its section).
Can be done using the wall (city walls were wide), like undertaking a stealthy raid.
Can be done before or at the same time with Liu Shengtong's advance.

Jiang Meixiu can issue it, if Liu Shengtong will approve it.
In this case defending granaries can add to Jiang Yan's tasks?
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby WesternConqueror » 16 Sep 2017, 01:37

Kun Tiao wrote:It may have sense to get under control the gates to the S from the riot area (and the whole wall, or its section).
Can be done using the wall (city walls were wide), like undertaking a stealthy raid.

Meaning Jiang Meixiu leads troops to quell the riot area at the South Gate? And leaves Jiang Yan to guard both the Armory and the Granaries? Sounds good! But Jiang Yan's erraticism is a concern.
Huyan Lie 70-30-90-42-69 Tactician, Formation(e), Wile, Terrain

***Intervene in the Riots plot***
Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
In a lifetime of sorrow!"
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: I stand alone

Postby Mat » 16 Sep 2017, 12:39

WesternConqueror wrote:
Kun Tiao wrote:It may have sense to get under control the gates to the S from the riot area (and the whole wall, or its section).

Meaning Jiang Meixiu leads troops to quell the riot area at the South Gate? And leaves Jiang Yan to guard both the Armory and the Granaries? Sounds good! But Jiang Yan's erraticism is a concern.

I think I would prefer to just add that to the list of options for Shentong and Lie since I'm far more comfortable with Jiang Meixiu guarding the granary than I am her addled brother. It's a good tactical suggestion, though.

WC, could you add a writeup about securing control of the southern gate, but make it clear that by no means are we going to bar the rioters from dispersing? Our intent is not to trap them, after all. We want them to peacefully leave.
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby WesternConqueror » 16 Sep 2017, 12:55

Mat wrote:
WesternConqueror wrote:

I think I would prefer to just add that to the list of options for Shentong and Lie since I'm far more comfortable with Jiang Meixiu guarding the granary than I am her addled brother. It's a good tactical suggestion, though.

WC, could you add a writeup about securing control of the southern gate, but make it clear that by no means are we going to bar the rioters from dispersing? Our intent is not to trap them, after all. We want them to peacefully leave.

Hi Mat, Kun Tiao,

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

1. The South Gate is an important strategic area to be controlled.
eg: what if the Xiangyang rebels, or any other bandit groups, should attack Wan right now and the rioters let them in?!

2. We should secure the South Gate and keep it under our firm control.
While the rioters aren't currently in control of the South Gate (Our gate sentries should still be in control there.), Kun Tiao suggests Meixiu to lead a troop to secure the South Gate.

3. We will allow rioters to disperse (controlled manner) through the South Gate.
Mat's intent is for us to maintain control of the South Gate, but NOT to trap the rioters.
Those wishing to disperse will be allowed to pass through the gate.

If the above is correct, here goes the tactics writeup. If you approve Mat, I will see how to write this into the updated Tactics.

BTW Mat, do you need to post the updated Tactics onto the main Riots plot thread as your formal orders? So Sir Ebrum and whoever runs the plot will know.

:arrow: Secure the South Gate.
This is a tactical option for the Grand Administrator of Wan to exercise as needed.
1. Liu Shentong sends a messenger and issues the order to Jiang Meixiu.
2. Jiang Meixiu leaves 1(100) troops to continue guarding the Granaries.
3. Jiang Meixiu leads 2(100) reserve troops from HQ (7,4) to South Gate (8,1) to take over control of the city gates and secure them.

:arrow: Contingencies.
1. If rioters present at South Gate and are preventing mission completion, Jiang Meixiu 2(100) [Lea 53, War 82, Duelist(e)] to attack and drive off rioters with non-lethal force.
2. If rioters are violent and out for blood, Jiang Meixiu exercises lethal force to defeat and/or drive them out of South Gate area.
3. If rioters cannot be driven off (too many or too violent), contain rioters from spreading, and send to HQ for aid.
Huyan Lie 70-30-90-42-69 Tactician, Formation(e), Wile, Terrain

***Intervene in the Riots plot***
Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
In a lifetime of sorrow!"
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: I stand alone

Postby Mat » 17 Sep 2017, 19:03

Yeah that looks good to me. I'll post it up in a few. I think I'll go with the original, actually. I'd be more worried about the gates if this was a military operation instead of a riot. :)
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Kun Tiao » 18 Sep 2017, 16:41

Lethal/non-lethal: I'd suppose Meixiu's soldiers are armed with dao swords (pretty standard weapons).
They are viciously lethal, but with some skill (and some luck) it allows knocking people out (with still very heavy and serious blows).
Still they are scary, much more scary than clubs, and it's pretty clear that only commander's military order is between the people and the blades.
other commanders can use clubs, but Meixiu is from Jiang family.
So people see shining blades. Most of those who try to approach this shiny line still survive, but it's not evident that they will.

More complex way to describe Meixiu's soldiers (her initial hundred) as groups of five with their (petty) commanders (of five, ten, fifty, hundred).
Every group is armed with dao swords, with a spear, a polearm (like Ge halberd), and, maybe, a dadao (for the commander of the five).
Every group of five can form a small "mass" defending from any crowd, or can protect a pass. Some groups can stay in reserve/in rest.
Or several groups can, for example, make a line of spear sodiers to push ahead.
All these weapons allow acting without killing many, or even without killing at all. Or, if pressed, they allow to immediately act most violently.

There is sense in simply leaving Meixiu to protect granary (she is a solid choice, and she and Jiang Yan will certainly act together).

Or, indeed, there is sense in sending her with a Raid-like mission.
It can be like suddenly the rioters see a flag (or flags) of a pretty scary commander (after all, she is Jiang, and it should make people uneasy in right time).
It must be impressive, especially if in the dark.
Then music, drums, and Liu Shentong's formation advances from the other side. The rioters must be sure to disperse.

Who will protect granary? Li Jun!
A choice, possibly, less "stonewall" than Meixiu, but still very solid, and Li Jun is familiar with Jiang Yan. Maybe concerned right now, but familiar.
Also, maybe, make Meixiu undertake capturing of the South Gates, then return her to protect granaries.
Other than a chance to shine (she suggests the plan!), she has excellent skills for a stealthy decisive operation with a small elite unit. Possibly we don't have someone better exactly for it (given Liu Shengtong in person should be present in more central positions).

I add to Meixiu's actions:
"Undertake a raid action to get control of the Southern Gates and reveal it in accord with Liu Shengtong's advance.
Do it only if this action will be fully described and ordered by Liu Shengtong. Once there, act according to situation.
Once not needed there anymore/replaced, return to HQ to guard granaries and receive reports."
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Previous

Return to Simzhou