Wan City: Zhou Estate

Re: Wan City: Zhou Estate

Postby Xu Yuan » 24 Apr 2017, 12:01

OOC: Sorry for the week late response! It has been a crazy end-of-term. I should be back to normal activity now.

The elder bowed his head lightly in return to the young man's show of deference. There looked to be something... unsettled in his ordinarily calm features, but it was hardly noticeable. "Young Master Zhou, thank you for seeing me at this house. I have come to discuss the particulars of the events which occurred two nights prior. As you know I was the original negotiator in regards to this abduction business, but my attention was held by the necessity in interrogating the prisoners from the Magistrate's incredible successful raid. I left the operation in the capable hands of yourself and the Guard Corps, yet I have not received any full measure of the proceedings which lead to Captain Jiang being forced to kill these hapless intermediaries. The reports are... lacking, and I thought it best to come to the source. I originally spoke with Captain Jiang..." He sighed as he diverted his gaze. "I fear for that boy, I really do..." He turned back to the young man; "Therefore I have now come to you. What happened that night, Young Master?"
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 559
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Bradums » 25 Apr 2017, 17:27

[OOC: No problem, haha. I know my initial reply wasn't super speedy, so no big deal. We've all got real life going on at the same time, so it's understandable.]

At the mention of the event, Liang's visage gradually changed. It was clear it wasn't a pleasant topic for him.

Clearing his throat, the young man replied, "I've heard the rumors and smalltalk going around. I wish I could say they were all baseless and false, but..."

He trailed off a bit before motioning for an attendant to bring him wine.

Turning back to Cai Bin, Liang frowned and explained, "I tried all I could to negotiate the man's release. Initially, we were to use a bait purse of gold to at least convince the kidnappers to give us a glimpse of Xiaoquan Shen. The thug who was sent to meet with us was about as dull as a boulder. We were forced out of the shack with no communication or proof that Shen was there."

"It was then that I expressed the mutual benefit to dealing with it in a peaceful manner," he went on to say, "Again, the man had no response and simply locked us out. I used the purse of gold I brought from our own family coffers to secure Shen's release, but..."

At that, he grabbed the cup of wine from the attendant and took a sip, letting the warmth loosen his thoughts a little.

"The guards stationed to ambush the criminals moved in once Shen was clear. We had no idea there were innocent people in there, and I find it...unbelievable...that our guards would murder women and children without cause. It all just...seems like a terrible dream. We went to save a man's life, and a house full of criminals and innocents alike were slain," the Zhou scion recalled.

Taking another small sip of wine, he shook his head. "I keep telling myself to take the emotion out of the equation. I keep telling myself things like...the kidnappers were the ones who put those people's lives at risk...the violent means will be justified in the end when kidnappings come to a halt...things like that. I'm not sure I'm convinced, but I'm trying."
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby Xu Yuan » 29 Apr 2017, 14:28

Bradums wrote:[OOC: No problem, haha. I know my initial reply wasn't super speedy, so no big deal. We've all got real life going on at the same time, so it's understandable.]

At the mention of the event, Liang's visage gradually changed. It was clear it wasn't a pleasant topic for him.

Clearing his throat, the young man replied, "I've heard the rumors and smalltalk going around. I wish I could say they were all baseless and false, but..."

He trailed off a bit before motioning for an attendant to bring him wine.

Turning back to Cai Bin, Liang frowned and explained, "I tried all I could to negotiate the man's release. Initially, we were to use a bait purse of gold to at least convince the kidnappers to give us a glimpse of Xiaoquan Shen. The thug who was sent to meet with us was about as dull as a boulder. We were forced out of the shack with no communication or proof that Shen was there."

"It was then that I expressed the mutual benefit to dealing with it in a peaceful manner," he went on to say, "Again, the man had no response and simply locked us out. I used the purse of gold I brought from our own family coffers to secure Shen's release, but..."

At that, he grabbed the cup of wine from the attendant and took a sip, letting the warmth loosen his thoughts a little.

"The guards stationed to ambush the criminals moved in once Shen was clear. We had no idea there were innocent people in there, and I find it...unbelievable...that our guards would murder women and children without cause. It all just...seems like a terrible dream. We went to save a man's life, and a house full of criminals and innocents alike were slain," the Zhou scion recalled.

Taking another small sip of wine, he shook his head. "I keep telling myself to take the emotion out of the equation. I keep telling myself things like...the kidnappers were the ones who put those people's lives at risk...the violent means will be justified in the end when kidnappings come to a halt...things like that. I'm not sure I'm convinced, but I'm trying."

Cai Bin's expression turned to melancholy as he listened to the young man speak of the ordeal. The advisor looked to be doubting himself and it was an appropriate reason to do so. It was meant to be a simple negotiation with the use of force as a final option, not to be used regardless. "You are yet young and inexperienced in these manners..." Cai Bin lightly bowed his head towards the advisor who did technically outrank him. "It is my doing, had I postponed my interrogations I could have been alongside you and assured a proper resolution. You were not prepared to handle a situation of this magnitude and I should have realized this. As your teacher, I am disappointed in myself."

It was as he feared though, the military had acted wantonly without express orders to mobilize in this manner. He knew the instability of Jiang Yan but had felt that he was having a positive influence on the young man, perhaps he overestimated his authority. He rose from his bow. "The guards acted in this way without direction from the Grand Administrator? I was under the impression that the attack was sanctioned as a means of example against those who would cause disorder within our lands? Captain Jiang's proclamation seemed to make it appear in this manner.

Cai Bin changed the subject, as his tone became more professorial. "If I may ask, what was discussed? What tactics did you use to try the wit of the intermediary? If I know the topics of conversation I may better yet instruct you on how to avoid a similar outcome in the future."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 559
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Previous

Return to Simzhou