Clash With Rebel Patrols

Clash With Rebel Patrols

Postby Sir Ebrum » 20 Feb 2017, 02:42

Three groups set out from Wan to hunt for rebel army patrols, in the hopes of capturing enough prisoners to provide intelligence on the rebel army. All three managed to find the enemy and execute their attack:

Li Sheng, Liao Ju, Jing Yi, and company have caught an encamped rebel patrol by surprise! The rebel force is roughly equal to yours in size. How do you proceed?
:arrow: Wuss-Fest: Abort and return to Wan.
:arrow: Cautious: Lead the attack from behind. Far behind.
:arrow: Normal: Officers lead the charge.
:arrow: Death or Glory: Like normal, but with louder battle cries.

Fei Lai, Jian Bian, Ky Rah, Xu Xun, Gongsun Ji and company have found a rebel patrol and brought it to battle. The rebel force is roughly equal to yours in size. How do you proceed?

Liu Shentong, Huang Dong, Li Jun and company have found a rebel patrol and brought it to battle. The rebel force is roughly equal to yours in size. How do you proceed?

Note: Your troops are untrained peasant levies, so having an officer lead by example to motivate them is normal. In this case, the more risk taken by the officers, the greater the shock value of your attack. All three teams must post their decisions here. Each team gets one chance to "micro-manage" during the clash. If you use that chance now, you may specify (slightly!) more detailed tactics (e.g. "charge boldly but try to protect officer X"). Long walls of text detailing how the enemy will be slain via strategic genius without anybody needing to draw their sword are not being solicited here at this point.
Sun Liren (54) ~ 55*-57*-81*-108*-107* ~
Acumen, Architect(e), Articulate, Charming, Farmer, Invent, Propaganda(e), Rally(e), Riot(e)

"By GM fiat, you are not allowed to perform that action. Your character's Wisdom score is too high."
Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

Kingdom: Team Green

Re: Clash With Rebel Patrols

Postby ShadInquis » 20 Feb 2017, 08:00

Just quick question. Non-combat dudes like Cai Bin (Xu Yuan) are by default assumed to stay back even as everyone else is charging?

For all officers: feel free to post in the planning thread to voice non-final suggestions.

One more thing: do all our troops have just melee equip or cad som have bows.
Last edited by ShadInquis on 20 Feb 2017, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby Suicide Fox » 20 Feb 2017, 12:23

@Team Wolf: Fei Lai, Ky Rah, Xu Xun, Gongsun Ji

OOC
Please post your own individual thoughts on which option your character would prefer, otherwise I'm picking Death or Glory. :twisted:

IC
"There they are," Jian Bian pointed. "Too bad we couldn't catch them by surprise."
Although the men they were leading were untrained, Bian had faith in his fellow officers.
And himself.
"Bastards look ready for us, they're waiting on our move. Typical &^%$@."
He looked at his comrades for confirmation.
"I say we take it right to them, test their mettle here and now!"
He could feel his teeth grinding.
"Anyone with me?"
╔═╦╦═╗ Looking for V6 connections / backstory
║╚╣╠═╣ PM me if you've got something interesting!
╠╗║╠═╝
╚═╩╝ Jian Bian 90-81-50-20-50 Arrowstorm, Counter, Cunning(e), Mobility, Reversal, Volley
Suicide Fox
Veteran Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 20 Feb 2017, 15:59

@Team Wolf: Fei Lai, Jian Bian, Ky Rah, Xu Xun, Gongsun Ji
Suicide Fox wrote:"There they are," Jian Bian pointed. "Too bad we couldn't catch them by surprise."
Although the men they were leading were untrained, Bian had faith in his fellow officers.
And himself.
"Bastards look ready for us, they're waiting on our move. Typical &^%$@."
He looked at his comrades for confirmation.
"I say we take it right to them, test their mettle here and now!"
He could feel his teeth grinding.
"Anyone with me?"

Gongsun Ji growled, "it is important to note that our troops are untrained, undisciplined and will easily break if pressed. Therefore, we should take them quickly, striking as hard and fast as possible."

He drew his old, notched, but newly sharpened sword. "Though I am not so skilled a fighter as my fellow officers, it is imperative that we lead this charge from the very front for the greatest impact. And should Heaven will Wan's success, we shall break the enemy here today!"

OOC: Death or Glory it is. Although Gongsun Ji's reasoning might be more calculated than the name of that option implies. :P
Gongsun Ji 83–54–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Knuckle » 20 Feb 2017, 16:41

OOC: Death or Glory

IC: Ky Rah's eyes lit with flame, he scanned the enemy force, looking for the ones giving orders. "Cut the head off the snake, then we are not at the mercy of our men's will for battle." Ky Rah was finally in his element, and he knew capturing an officer would be most valuable, his tree trunk legs were taut, ready to launch him towards the enemy camp, skirting the sides of the battle line to test their leaders mettle.
Ky Rah (44) 32-86-70-30-80 Arson, Duelist, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
Knuckle
Officer

Kingdom: Wanderer

Postby Phailak » 20 Feb 2017, 18:22

OOC: Death or glory

Lai's vicious smile seemed to integrate well with the rest of the maniacal fools around him. This is what he lived for and hoped to one day die for.

What they lacked in organization they seemed to make up for ten fold in courage. Stretching his neck one final time, he readied for the battle with an intense gaze.
Fei Lai (31)
90-84-42-31-31
Skills: Ambush, Blitz, Fortunate (e), Formation, Leader
Phailak
Officer With Many Posts

Kingdom: Shen Hu

Postby Suicide Fox » 20 Feb 2017, 20:59

Team Wolf Battle Plan wrote:Death or Glory

Jian Bian commands troops to launch an Arrowstorm (if applicable) - if not, Jian Bian charges in with his fellow comrades for his stat-line, keeping alert for enemy ploys. Reversal

Fei Lai and Gongsun Ji use their superior Leader skills to coach our charging army into a an advantageous offensive fighting Formation.

Ky Rah accompanies Gongsun Ji and attempts to incapacitate the rebel leader(s).
Xu Xun accompanies Fei Lai and attempts to incapacitate the rebel leader(s).

^-- general battle-plan. above tactics can be "overridden" if you wish to do something different!
╠╗║╠═╝
╚═╩╝ Jian Bian 90-81-50-20-50 Arrowstorm, Counter, Cunning(e), Mobility, Reversal, Volley
Suicide Fox
Veteran Officer

Postby Sir Ebrum » 21 Feb 2017, 00:20

ShadInquis wrote:Just quick question. Non-combat dudes like Cai Bin (Xu Yuan) are by default assumed to stay back even as everyone else is charging?

For all officers: feel free to post in the planning thread to voice non-final suggestions.

One more thing: do all our troops have just melee equip or cad som have bows.

Cai Bin and Dao Lang are not present for the battle. They are waiting in Wan for their respective teams' return.
All your troops have spears and are on foot.
All officers have ordinary horses, armor, and whatever personal weapons they like.
Sun Liren (54) ~ 55*-57*-81*-108*-107* ~
Acumen, Architect(e), Articulate, Charming, Farmer, Invent, Propaganda(e), Rally(e), Riot(e)

"By GM fiat, you are not allowed to perform that action. Your character's Wisdom score is too high."
Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

Kingdom: Team Green

Postby One Sun Mirror » 21 Feb 2017, 01:47

Team Wolf Battle Plan
Should we be using our opportunity for micromanagement here? I would prefer to hold onto it until later if it is needed rather than now when we're not sure.
If the rest of you insist upon tactics now, perhaps something with Raid would be effective, for the potential bonus status ailments to the rebels.
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 21 Feb 2017, 08:46

Li Sheng, Liao Ju, Jing Yi, and company have caught an encamped rebel patrol by surprise! The rebel force is roughly equal to yours in size. How do you proceed?

Team Gator: :arrow: Death ot Glory

Currently saving the micro attempt for later.
Last edited by ShadInquis on 21 Feb 2017, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby Mat » 21 Feb 2017, 11:29

Sir Ebrum wrote:Liu Shentong, Huang Dong, Li Jun and company have found a rebel patrol and brought it to battle. The rebel force is roughly equal to yours in size. How do you proceed?

Team Ferocious Kittens
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Xu Shu » 21 Feb 2017, 18:09

Xu Xun, with his low leadership and initiative, just follows orders and also goes in for Death or Glory.

OOC: Sorry for the short write up, I have been busy lately.
Xu Xun (30) 19-79-60-43-60 (14% Injury)
Artisan, Craftsman(e), Duelist, Fortunate, Weaponmaster, Wealth
Xu Shu
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Lord of War

Postby Knuckle » 21 Feb 2017, 22:58

Suicide Fox wrote:
Team Wolf Battle Plan wrote:Death or Glory

Jian Bian commands troops to launch an Arrowstorm (if applicable) - if not, Jian Bian charges in with his fellow comrades for his stat-line, keeping alert for enemy ploys. Reversal

Fei Lai and Gongsun Ji use their superior Leader skills to coach our charging army into a an advantageous offensive fighting Formation.

Ky Rah accompanies Gongsun Ji and attempts to incapacitate the rebel leader(s).
Xu Xun accompanies Fei Lai and attempts to incapacitate the rebel leader(s).

^-- general battle-plan. above tactics can be "overridden" if you wish to do something different!

If any of our character skills come into play, utilizing Valor/Raid/Stealth to force a duel with an officer, with the intent to capture or kill if they refuse surrender.
Ky Rah (44) 32-86-70-30-80 Arson, Duelist, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
Knuckle
Officer

Kingdom: Wanderer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 25 Feb 2017, 04:48

Team Wolf
In light of this:
Sir Ebrum wrote:Just for everyone's information, your ambush/raid/scout/dash/stealth/fusillade skills have already factored into these clashes. That's why your teams found the enemy, and found the enemy before they found you, and are in position to attack them.

If your stats, skills, and luck had been poorer, then the shoe might well have been on the other foot.

Can I urge others in Team Wolf to drop the idea of a battle plan so we might save our chance to micro for later? Or are all other members of the team set on planning out the initial advance?
I don't see what's wrong with a rudimentary charge, and considering Gongsun Ji is the only one with less than 80 War, he's the only one who'll likely suffer from an ad-hoc duel which I'm fine with.
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Suicide Fox » 25 Feb 2017, 06:07

Sure, OSM you have the lead.
╠╗║╠═╝
Suicide Fox
Veteran Officer

Next

Return to Simzhou