Simzhou OOC Thread

Re: Simzhou OOC Thread

Postby cjh1k2004 » 08 Apr 2017, 05:37

I'd actually love a confrontation, if someone wants to confront Jiang Yan over it! I'm just playing him as what I think he'd do in that situation. Just don't expect super fast replies, since the university semester is ending and I have a ton of essays to help my prof grade .__.
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Rebel » 08 Apr 2017, 13:54

Han1977 wrote:
Sir Ebrum wrote:The signal is given, and the assembled officers and men tear through the negotiator's household like...well...trained soldiers through mostly unarmed servants and civilians. The few kidnappers who came to exchange Xiaoquan Shen for the gold are also ruthlessly cut down as they attempt to flee (two were taken alive but quickly died of wounds). The day is saved. :zhangfei:

Xiaoquan Shen's family and the surrounding community are deeply impressed by the implacable and overwhelming (if not very discerning or discriminating) hand of justice.

You recover 247 gold from the dead.

Srry, I'm not so clear about this. Does it means that there are servants and civilians, not just the kidnappers, killed during this action?

Han1977 wrote::roll: ... hmm.... so why Dao Lang doesn't make anything out of it? Is there no one going to "stand" for these "innocent" victims?

I'm half inclined to do it. I'll write something up when I get time. Purely speaking from an IC point of view, this barbaric display is the first governmental act under Liu Shentong's rule.

Not the best example to set as a newly formed government.
Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Chen Ping » 08 Apr 2017, 20:47

cjh1k2004 wrote:I'd actually love a confrontation, if someone wants to confront Jiang Yan over it! I'm just playing him as what I think he'd do in that situation. Just don't expect super fast replies, since the university semester is ending and I have a ton of essays to help my prof grade .__.

I prefer the passive-aggressive approach. Much more satisfying than confronting Jiang. :lol:
Chen Ping (28): 53-85-61-31-92*
Artisan; Charming; Duelist (e); Fortunate; Medic
-FRIEND OF HUA TUO-
Chen Ping
Officer With Many Posts

Kingdom: boop

Postby Achira » 10 Apr 2017, 06:05

cjh1k2004 wrote:I'd actually love a confrontation, if someone wants to confront Jiang Yan over it! I'm just playing him as what I think he'd do in that situation. Just don't expect super fast replies, since the university semester is ending and I have a ton of essays to help my prof grade .__.

Good Luck! The same here :lol:
Achira
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: meeeh

Postby Mat » 10 Apr 2017, 16:22

Rebel wrote:I'm half inclined to do it. I'll write something up when I get time. Purely speaking from an IC point of view, this barbaric display is the first governmental act under Liu Shentong's rule.

Not the best example to set as a newly formed government.

Nah, the successful raids on the rebels were. But this is perhaps more high-profile.

But hey, I get to deal with PR issues in RL. Might as well do it in-game, too. :P
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Xu Yuan » 11 Apr 2017, 17:05

Don't worry. Here you have Cai Bin to back you up, heh.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Sir Ebrum » 11 Apr 2017, 21:24

Han1977 wrote:Srry, I'm not so clear about this. Does it means that there are servants and civilians, not just the kidnappers, killed during this action?

Indeed. The kidnappers used an intermediary (think of someone like the sleazy lawyer from the Breaking Bad TV series) in order to overcome the trust gap between themselves and the family they were extorting. So, while on the one hand an entire household who hadn't violated any laws has been slaughtered and looted by the kingdom's officers, on the other hand kidnapping for ransom in Wan just became a lot less lucrative overnight.
Sun Liren (54) ~ 55*-57*-81*-108*-107* ~
Acumen, Architect(e), Articulate, Charming, Farmer, Invent, Propaganda(e), Rally(e), Riot(e)

"By GM fiat, you are not allowed to perform that action. Your character's Wisdom score is too high."
Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

Kingdom: Team Green

Postby Bradums » 12 Apr 2017, 18:34

Maybe make a public statement to clarify and prevent any PR loss. As I said in the thread, as a wealthy noble involved in the event, Zhou Liang has offered his personal finances to distribute reparations to any relatives of the household staff and bystanders killed; but nothing for the dead kidnappers.

We want to explain that it was the unfortunate actions by a group of kidnappers that led to their deaths in the attempt to save one of Wan's own, offer compensation to ease the burden, and decry the act of kidnapping and illustrate the far-reaching repercussions of it.

Or whatever... >.>
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby RCS » 12 Apr 2017, 18:58

Han1977 wrote::roll: ... hmm.... so why Dao Lang doesn't make anything out of it? Is there no one going to "stand" for these "innocent" victims?

With the convention over, I was finally able to have Dao Lang respond to things. Ever the mindful merchant, he's taking a relatively passive role. Let Sun take the heat; reprisals against him would be fantastic for the Dao cause. 8-)
More responses for those waiting on me coming.
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Xu Yuan » 12 Apr 2017, 19:52

Bradums wrote:Maybe make a public statement to clarify and prevent any PR loss. As I said in the thread, as a wealthy noble involved in the event, Zhou Liang has offered his personal finances to distribute reparations to any relatives of the household staff and bystanders killed; but nothing for the dead kidnappers.

We want to explain that it was the unfortunate actions by a group of kidnappers that led to their deaths in the attempt to save one of Wan's own, offer compensation to ease the burden, and decry the act of kidnapping and illustrate the far-reaching repercussions of it.

Or whatever... >.>

Cai Bin has said his piece and given his opinion to Jiang Yan and wrote a counter-pamphlet to Sun Xiang's expressing why these actions were taken. Cai Bin however is a politically cautious minded-man and writes in such a manner. Zhou Liang is Direct Advisor to the Magistrate so it only seems proper that he too would have something to write to the public, if you'd like (also once Cai Bin's meeting with Jiang Yan is finished, Cai Bin will go to see Zhou Liang, if that's alright.)
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby cjh1k2004 » 12 Apr 2017, 23:47

Xu Yuan wrote:
Bradums wrote:Maybe make a public statement to clarify and prevent any PR loss. As I said in the thread, as a wealthy noble involved in the event, Zhou Liang has offered his personal finances to distribute reparations to any relatives of the household staff and bystanders killed; but nothing for the dead kidnappers.

Or whatever... >.>

Cai Bin has said his piece and given his opinion to Jiang Yan and wrote a counter-pamphlet to Sun Xiang's expressing why these actions were taken. Cai Bin however is a politically cautious minded-man and writes in such a manner. Zhou Liang is Direct Advisor to the Magistrate so it only seems proper that he too would have something to write to the public, if you'd like (also once Cai Bin's meeting with Jiang Yan is finished, Cai Bin will go to see Zhou Liang, if that's alright.)

Just start with him, I will be delayed. I have a ton of papers to grade now... Our RP won't significantly affect whatever I already posted about Jiang Yan doing anyway.
90-81-60-30-29
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Bradums » 13 Apr 2017, 20:17

RCS wrote:With the convention over, I was finally able to have Dao Lang respond to things. Ever the mindful merchant, he's taking a relatively passive role. Let Sun take the heat; reprisals against him would be fantastic for the Dao cause. 8-)
More responses for those waiting on me coming.

I love and hate your PC at the same time. This is a good thing.

Xu Yuan wrote:Cai Bin has said his piece and given his opinion to Jiang Yan and wrote a counter-pamphlet to Sun Xiang's expressing why these actions were taken. Cai Bin however is a politically cautious minded-man and writes in such a manner. Zhou Liang is Direct Advisor to the Magistrate so it only seems proper that he too would have something to write to the public, if you'd like (also once Cai Bin's meeting with Jiang Yan is finished, Cai Bin will go to see Zhou Liang, if that's alright.)

That would be great. I feel like this is prime RP material. Did you want Cai Bin to swing by Zhou's place to discuss it?
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby Xu Yuan » 14 Apr 2017, 03:23

I'll have Cai Bin drop in to the Zhou estate, probably tomorrow since it's pretty late tonight.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby RCS » 19 Apr 2017, 00:58

[quote="BradumsI love and hate your PC at the same time. This is a good thing.[quote]

Hey as long as you don't stab this one in the chest, right? :lol:
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby cjh1k2004 » 19 Apr 2017, 01:44

I don't think such drastic measures are needed... A light push in the chest would probably do Dao Lang and his 10 war in!
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou