Saving Xiaoquan Shen Thread!

Re: Saving Xiaoquan Shen Thread!

Postby cjh1k2004 » 22 Mar 2017, 14:54

Alright so if that's possible, the plan now becomes pay them off, retrieve Xiaoquan Shen, then set the troops onto them?
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Bradums » 22 Mar 2017, 17:33

Yeah, theoretically. I would have the two negotiators "leave" with Xiaoquan Shen, but use the flute once we were a decent distance away to signal the ambushers to rush the shack. One of us "negotiators" would stay with Shen to ensure his safety while the other would likely join the fray.
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby Sir Ebrum » 23 Mar 2017, 09:00

OOC: Your plan to pay them off with newly acquired gold is approved, I've just been too busy of late to properly keep track of Simzhou. The reason it's approved, is that the kidnappers' whole goal is money, and your negotiators are skilled enough to convince the crooks that the money is forthcoming.
Sun Liren (54) ~ 55*-57*-81*-108*-107* ~
Acumen, Architect(e), Articulate, Charming, Farmer, Invent, Propaganda(e), Rally(e), Riot(e)

"By GM fiat, you are not allowed to perform that action. Your character's Wisdom score is too high."
Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

Kingdom: Team Green

Postby cjh1k2004 » 23 Mar 2017, 10:42

Alright. So now we all proceed with the extract Xiaoquan Shen then rain hell on them plan? No objections?

I guess we should also try and recover the kidnap gold while we do so.
90-81-60-30-29
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 23 Mar 2017, 10:57

Secure VIP, extract money if possible, exact vengeance? Sounds good to me.
Dai Ren 87-74*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current Rp- 1
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby Mal Tijie » 23 Mar 2017, 11:17

xI am good with this plan
Ma Zang
82*-71-40-40-79
Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence
Mal Tijie
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: TBD

Postby RCS » 23 Mar 2017, 13:34

The signal is playing a flute, right? So when you get the captive out just exclaim about how excited you are at your success, you feel a song forming in your mind. Whip out the flute like an eccentric rascal and ta-da...signal sent. :lol:
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Bradums » 23 Mar 2017, 15:35

Yep, Ebrum gave the green light, so we're good. I'll RP Liang to push it forward, and then...yep, that's exactly the idea.

If they bring Shen out and exchange him for the - legitimate - amount of gold, we'll walk away. Once the two negotiators are on their merry way and Shen is far enough to not be in danger, I'll blow a note on the flute to signal the group to head down and eliminate the kidnappers. Recovering the money is cool, if possible, since I like shiny items, too and it's coming out of my pocket, but since he's IC'ly super rich, he won't be upset if it gets torched or lost.

After the negotiators are clear, one will stay with Shen to make sure nothing stupid happens to him, and the other one can either do the same or try to pitch in at the shack. I'm fine doing either.

RP will be coming later today, once I get a minute. And thanks, Ebrum, for popping in to confirm it!

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Postby Bradums » 24 Mar 2017, 12:16

[IC / Quest]

Liang sighed, seeing negotiations were going nowhere. They had tried to get confirmation of Shen's well-being before showing any gold, and the plan to fake the full gold total wasn't helping.

At last, the young noble pulled out a decent-size purse from his layered robes and lifted it high.

"This is the sum you're waiting for!" he announced, "We're not here to deceive you or cheat you, we simply want to know if our man is alive and well! There's 240 taels of gold in this purse, and you can count it again right here and now if you want! Just bring Xiaoquan Shen, so we can take him home and we can both be done with this business and on our way!"

In view of the shack's inhabitants, Zhou Liang would open the purse and pull a handful of gold out, tilting the container toward the shack in a show that there was literally a small fortune of gold waiting for them.

"Like I said...I'm not here for trouble, I'm here to make sure this is taken care of smoothly so that you and I can go our separate ways and everyone walks away safely! Bring Xiaoquan Shen to us, take your gold, and we'll all leave it at that!"

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Postby Sir Ebrum » 01 Apr 2017, 12:56

The ransom is paid, with the negotiator taking his cut and breathing a huge (premature?) sigh of relief. Xiaoquan Shen is released and his family are extremely grateful to Liu Shentong's regime for your attentiveness and concern for the city's prominent citizens.

Zhou Liang (temporarily?) loses 240 gold.
Last chance to snatch victory/defeat from the jaws of mediocrity, before I post the final results.
Acumen, Architect(e), Articulate, Charming, Farmer, Invent, Propaganda(e), Rally(e), Riot(e)

"By GM fiat, you are not allowed to perform that action. Your character's Wisdom score is too high."
Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

Postby cjh1k2004 » 02 Apr 2017, 04:42

Time to trigger the alarm? Once the signal is triggered, Jiang Yan is to lead his unit to ambush anyone trying to flee the kidnapper hideout. Capture alive if possible, shoot to wound otherwise, and shoot to kill if capture/wound if not possible. Men are to shoot to kill if direct threat is imminent.

If no escape is attempted by the kidnappers, volley into their compound if no friendly units are inside. Else, surround with armed archers!
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Mal Tijie » 02 Apr 2017, 05:14

Ma Zang continues to wait for the signal. Once given he will act according to the original plan.
Ma Zang
82*-71-40-40-79
Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence
Mal Tijie
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: TBD

Postby UnholyBlade » 02 Apr 2017, 05:55

Once the signal is given, shoot to kill. These men chose their fate. Dai Ren will watch to make sure the two negotiators are not accosted, shooting or intercepting anyone who makes a break for them.
Dai Ren 87-74*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current Rp- 1
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby Kun Tiao » 03 Apr 2017, 15:41

Once outside the arrowshot distance (unless the bandits are making the quick retreat), Meixiu will remove her scarf - the signal for the rest of the group.
As, unlike Zhou Liang, she did not give any promises, it should be she who joins against these bandits. Preferably, rather than just rushing back, observing and intercepting some remarkable bandit if one will be retreating somewhere (or pursuing them). Of course, if Zhou Liang will rush, she will stay to protect Xiaoquan Shen instead.
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby Sir Ebrum » 04 Apr 2017, 01:31

The signal is given, and the assembled officers and men tear through the negotiator's household like...well...trained soldiers through mostly unarmed servants and civilians. The few kidnappers who came to exchange Xiaoquan Shen for the gold are also ruthlessly cut down as they attempt to flee (two were taken alive but quickly died of wounds). The day is saved. :zhangfei:

Xiaoquan Shen's family and the surrounding community are deeply impressed by the implacable and overwhelming (if not very discerning or discriminating) hand of justice.

You recover 247 gold from the dead.

Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou