Saving Xiaoquan Shen Thread!

Re: Saving Xiaoquan Shen Thread!

Postby Mal Tijie » 12 Mar 2017, 22:59

Ma Zang also holds position and awaits the signal.
Ma Zang
82*-71-40-40-79
Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence
Mal Tijie
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: TBD

Postby Bradums » 13 Mar 2017, 15:53

I'm tempted to just light the building on fire and be done with it, but...

Anyway, I don't feel like negotiating is on the table at this point. All attempts are being rejected. I would say our next option is to stealthily surround the shack. With negotiations essentially brick-walled, the next idea down the line with the best chance of survival is trying to surround the shack.

At that point, we can either: A. Try to scout the shack ourselves, or B. If we get caught, at least we can use the element of surprise to kill any external or vulnerable kidnapper-related guards and surround the shack in order to impress upon them the seriousness of their situation. I wonder if maybe the reason Liang and Meixiu are being brushed off is because the kidnappers feel no need to take them seriously, so even if we do get caught surrounding the shack, I feel like maybe we can scare them into negotiating.

They're kidnappers, after all. They're not kidnapping a dude because they're powerful, they're doing it because they're desperate.

What do you guys think? Operation Talked to Death, or Operation Lightning Strike Rescue Op?
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby UnholyBlade » 13 Mar 2017, 20:49

I'm digging the violence. Move Ma Zang's soldiers into position and let Dai Ren's and Jiang Yan's archers shoot a volley or two to hit any outlying guards, then surround them? Should the two negotiators try to provide a distraction by loudly demanding the negotiations continue while stuf fhappens?
Dai Ren(26) 87-71-80-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current RPs - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby cjh1k2004 » 14 Mar 2017, 03:28

I wonder. I don't know if that is a good idea since we have no idea what consequence we will meet if they kill Xiaoquan Shen...
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Bradums » 14 Mar 2017, 03:40

That's my only concern at this point, which is why I was trying to negotiate again, but since that was met with what seems to be a "Nah, they ain't listening", I'm not confident that negotiating is what's meant to end this standoff.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the issue, though. My only point about the "quietly surround them" idea is that we either: A. Succeed and our dudes take position at the shack, scoping it out; or B. They fail, get spotted, and I can be a little more threatening in my "I'm trying to save your lives" negotiating tactic by showing them what's waiting for them if they screw this up for us.

Obviously, they could just axe Shen at any point, so that's a thing, too...

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Postby UnholyBlade » 14 Mar 2017, 11:47

Yeah, wouldn't be good for our VIP to get ganked, we agree on that, but if the negotiation portion of our program isn't going anywhere, what other option do we have? Going in quietly or loudly, I think we need to move in.
Dai Ren(26) 87-71-80-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current RPs - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby cjh1k2004 » 15 Mar 2017, 10:01

Hmmm. Our negotiators... also both have Duelist. And they appear to everyone to just be some kid girl and her rich boyfriend who comes from money. Why not try and goad them into a duel? While the duel happens, the one not-dueling can trigger the signal.
90-81-60-30-29
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Bradums » 15 Mar 2017, 13:47

Or I can ask for them to let us in to discuss it further and see if we can't Liam Neeson the situation since we're both trained murdermachines, but there are just as many variables in that idea, i.e. "How many jerks would be surrounding us with weapons drawn", "Would we just turn one hostage into three?", etc.

I still feel like negotiating is a dead-end, by their reactions to the attempts, but I'm open to opinions/suggestions. Still would like to hear from the rest of the gang.

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Postby Kun Tiao » 16 Mar 2017, 15:46

OOC entirely:
Seems like this. I did not at all abandon all the hope that it is possible to make a speech like "why you seek this little (in particular when all people are poor), and something that can't last forever, when major things happen in the land. When, whatever you choose to do in major things, you can earn much in terms of respect of people, of something to really struggle for (and, in terms of money, you can earn the honest soldier wages, and the spoils are always there), but it must be a good speech, I didn't make it that good. Perhaps addressing some of the bandits (better their leaders and commanders) personally, making proposals at the same time to the whole gang and personally to its leaders, might make it work better.
The other idea is that we need to insist that we still need to see the hostage, if we either already made our speech, or decided to not make it.

But in order to touch, to speak we need to start speaking and to be listened. I have one idea, I will try.

IC:

Of those around her, Meixiu will address the brigand who looks either the most influential, or the most civilized, or the most simpleminded, will address this way.

"You, you, if you can speak with us now, you wouldn't pronounce your name, right? What is it that makes you do this business, if it's not something to keep as a secret, it's what you know for yourself?"
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby RCS » 17 Mar 2017, 02:18

I know I'm not really part of the proceedings so my suggestion may be remiss, but...has anyone thought to actually just pay the ransom? Get Xiaoquan back and then ambush/assault the kidnappers once they don't have leverage on you; maybe you can recover the cash from their corpses. And if they betray you once you pay them...well then you get to kill them anyway.
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby Kun Tiao » 17 Mar 2017, 15:25

The answer here is that back when it began (and in the plot thread we live in that time) nobody had money. So it created a sudden RP situation that deserves resolving... as we are trying to resolve it.
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby Bradums » 17 Mar 2017, 15:42

RCS, what KT said. At the time, no one had any gold, so it was forced to be a "figure it out" situation, because there was no OOC/IC way to pay the ransom. I like the input, though. I appreciate you stepping up to contribute to the conversation, because even though it wasn't possible at the time, it did kinda flip a switch and allow me to put two and two together to realize I literally have the exact ransom amount in my possession.

I emailed Ebrum to see if it's possible. Liang has the exact amount on-hand, NOW, but I wanted to confirm whether the event is in a time-phase of sorts, meaning that the resources we had at the time the event opened are the resources we're locked in with or - since no stats or resources were brought up or tapped to start the event - if we can use our current gold totals.

If I can pay the ransom, that's obviously the safest route to go. IC'ly, Zhou Liang wouldn't bat an eye at 240 gold to save a dude's life. He's rich as hell.

Although, that isn't to say he wouldn't instantly ask Liu Shentong to send a detachment out to use the kidnappers as target practice...

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Postby cjh1k2004 » 18 Mar 2017, 13:43

I'm literally unable to RP Jiang Yan as doing anything else but watch for the signal - anything else would probably be acting on OOC meta-knowledge - but if you can pay the ransom and get Xiaoquan Shen outta there, you can still trigger the signal to bring the troops onto the kidnappers!
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby cjh1k2004 » 22 Mar 2017, 03:26

In the interests of time, can we decide what the negotiators will do soon? If Bradums and KT want to send in the cavalry at any time, just triggering the signal will do it.
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Bradums » 22 Mar 2017, 12:57

We were waiting on Ebrum to verify if we can just have Zhou Liang pay them off with his personal gold. I PM'ed him, and I know he'd see this thread, so we were hoping for clarification on that before starting a fight, since the payoff would mean the least chance of a setback.

I don't think Ebrum has been active in a little while, though I may be wrong. I was going to wait for an answer, either way, since whatever we do would be run by Ebrum anyway :P

Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou