Saving Xiaoquan Shen Thread!

Saving Xiaoquan Shen Thread!

Postby cjh1k2004 » 13 Feb 2017, 04:49

Hello! This is an OOC thread to discuss how best to save our NPC kidnap-ee.

Currently the ones involved in the plot are:

Bradums (Zhou Liang 30-80-70-70-70 Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster)
UnholyBlade (Dai Ren 87-71-80-20-30 Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley)
Mal Tijie (Ma Zang 80-70-40-40-80 Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence)
Kun Tiao (Jiang Meixiu 52-80-60-51-79 Articulate, Charming, Duelist(e), Raid, Stealth, Valor)
Myself (Jiang Yan 90-80-60-30-30 Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley)

Please look for Jiang Yan or Jiang Meixiu in the Garrison RP thread if you are not currently listed as being involved, but want to be! Any RPs related to the IC-planning of this plot should also be directed to any of the guard captains in the Garrison RP thread as well.
Last edited by cjh1k2004 on 15 Feb 2017, 11:51, edited 2 times in total.
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Re: Saving Xiaoquan Shen Thread!

Postby cjh1k2004 » 13 Feb 2017, 04:54

Reserved for final tactics

EDIT: Tactics for now:

3 teams:

Negotiator/Brawler Unit: Jiang Meixiu (Articulate, Charming, Duelist(e)) and Zhou Liang (Charming, Duelist (e), Weaponmaster)

Archer Unit 1
: Jiang Yan (Counter, Missile, Leader(e), Volley), 10 archers

Archer Unit 2: Dai Ren (Counter, Leader(e), Volley), 10 archers

Regular Guards Unit
: Mal Tijie (Aid, Leader), 20 guardsmen

Initial set up:

For now, Archer Units 1 and 2 will lie low on rooftops of buildings near the ransom location, on opposite sides. All units to be dressed in black, negotiations will take place at night. Firing range of the archers should cover both sides of the ransom location.

Regular guard unit will lie low on the streets nearby, disguised as regular people (with swords hidden in baggy pants). Priority of the guard unit will be to prevent escape of kidnappers, so they will spend their time scouting out possible escape routes from the enemy.

Negotiator unit Jiang Meixiu and Zhou Liang will go to the ransom spot to first negotiate the release of the prisoner. Zhou Liang will carry a pouch of fake gold (mostly painted iron coins, topped up with 50 gold on the surface from Mat (pending final authorisation) to look and feel like about a hundred coins) as a token that they are really there to negotiate. Both will be armed, and if the kidnappers disagree point out that there can be no fair negotiations if the kidnappers are armed but the two of them are not. Meixiu will also be wearing a red scarf and Zhou Liang will have his bamboo flute tucked in his belt (both plot-relevant).

General aims

The aim of the negotiator unit is to
1) Ensure Xiaoquan Shen is alive
2) Ascertain Xiaoquan Shen's current location. Objectives 1 and 2 to be disguised as negotiations for lowering of ransom (Charming, Articulate)
3) Give a signal to the guard unit to surround the ransom site and charge.
- There are two signals:
1) Zhou Liang's flute, which when he plays a specific tune known to all plotters/guardsmen/archers is the signal to charge.
2) Meixiu's red scarf, which when taken off is also a signal to any disguised guardsmen nearby to yell "CHARGE" and then charge in.
4) Brawl the kidnappers directly (Duelist(e), Weaponmaster) and
5) Take Xiaoquan Shen and escape.

The aim of the guard unit is
1) Scout out all avenues of escape
2) Prepare to surround and charge the ransom encampment on confirmation of signal (Zhou Liang's flute) from Negotiation unit
3) Distract kidnappers while negotiator unit fights off kidnappers (Aid) and escapes with Xiaoquan Shen
4) Leave as soon as Xiaoquan Shen is rescued to avoid arrows.

The aim of the archer unit is to
1) Snipe any kidnappers attempting to escape
2) Shoot any reinforcements that try to join the kidnappers
3) Once Xiaoquan Shen has been rescued, rain arrows into the kidnapper compound (Volley, Missile) and slaughter all the kidnappers.
Last edited by cjh1k2004 on 21 Feb 2017, 13:56, edited 6 times in total.
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby cjh1k2004 » 13 Feb 2017, 04:54

I'm going to compile all the strategies and ideas I've seen being discussed over PMs here! If you don't wish your contribution to the tactics to be public, PM me and I'll remove it!

First, Jiang Meixiu will scout the area, get local rumours and the like, dressed as a peasant girl (Stealth, Articulate).

Then she will go to the bandit camp when (with some retinue may be) Jiang Yan (and Liu Shengtong?) will surround it (Jiang Yan with archers, Liu Shengtong can make a quick cavalry (or simply some elite retinue) raid!) and be ready to act. It must be a "beauty" stratagem with Jiang Meixi going to meet or distract gang leaders.

contingencies:

Water Margin scenario: defeat a gang leader or champion in a fight, bring a gang with its leaders to follow your cause (or simply follow me if they would respond only to my commands).

Yamato Takeru scenario: kill the gang leaders (suddenly!), perhaps like Yamato Takeru did it in the Japanese legend. Address the gang, saying that their leaders are down, but there is a nobler and greater cause to follow now, in these difficult times...

Of course be prepared to simply escape with the "community member", fighting if need be, and covered, if need be, by your attack from the outside.

Jiang Yan and Dai Ren naturally lead two separate groups of archer that can try to put the bandits into crossfire.

Li Jun can scout the area (Scout) and she can lead simultaneous attacks (with Ma Zang?)

Liu Shentong appears last, although, if there is a river path, he can arrive on boats, maybe even very quietly.

Then, every character has however small, a detachment - retinue.

Meixiu's task is to ensure safety of the hostage from the inside of the camp (and, at first, she makes her own recon efforts in nearby villages, dressed as a peasant girl).

I like the idea of surrounding the camp. I think we should use Li Jun to Scout the area before we put our plan into motion.

Liu Shentong and Jiang Meixiu both have Raid and Stealth. Perhaps they could be tasked with raiding the camp and trying to rescue the kidnapped victim? I have no doubt we can kill the villains, but if the hostage dies in the process I would consider the mission to be a failure. Let's try to account for this.

Perhaps have Jiang Yan and Dai Ren positioned with archers down the routes the kidnappers may attempt to flee?

Ma Zhang might actually be worth using as the main negotiator, despite not having Charming. His 80 Cha is excellent and it frees up Jiang Meixiu for Raid/Stealth stuff. Li Jun can provide backup to Ma Zhang.

So I'm thinking three teams of two:

Liu Shentong/Jiang Meixiu (Raid/Stealth)
Li Jun/Ma Zang (Infantry/Negotiate)
Jiang Yan/Dai Ren (Arrows. Oh so many arrows)

I definitely like the idea of laying a trap for the bandits, but having Ma Zang go instead of Meixu would seem odd to the bandits. Why is someone else coming to talk to them when they talked to her first? I think it has to be her meeting with the bandits, else they'll smell a trap

Should we bother with negotiation? We don't have money, tipping them off they are surrounded allows them to prepare for the threat, attempt to seize the negotiators, grab the hostage, that sort of thing.

If we are, sure Li Jun goes as Ma Zang bodyguard if she isn't caught scouting

Li Jun (Scout) to scout enemy hideaway and any outlying forces. Locate easily defensible/concealable spots for small groups of soldiers to wait. Hang back after scouting duties., link up with Ma Zang's unit (Aid) who will provide support to Dai Ren, and Jiang Yan who will deploy troops (archers if we can swing it, despite not having the armaments for the KT, infantry otherwise) determined by Li Jun's assessment.

Liu Shentong (Duelist, Raid, Stealth, WM(e), Valor?) and Jiang Meixiu (Duelist(e), Raid, Stealth, Valor?) assume raiding duties. I would send them in with a few men each to raid the camp, but away from one another, on differing sides of the camp. Lessen the chance of blundering into allied troops. Attempt to gain further insight into camp structure if scouting provides insufficient information. Locate VIP, or likeliest location, as well as where the bulk of enemy troops are stationed would be our two intel priorities.

Raiding priority is infiltration and exfiltration, not damage. We could have one raiding party set to specifically cause a disturbance, rile some feathers, then draw the enemy combatants out into a trap and then move in with the second raiding party afterwards

Fire would create a good distraction, but would put the entire camp on alert immediately and could jeopardize the VIP, so I would recommend using it only if discovered and attempt to pull the enemy away from the camp. Draw attention to the raiding parties then specifically lure the enemy into traps set by the waiting generals.

So not negotiating?

Given both raiders have stealth, we can try for both going in undetected (though our troops are untrained so need to be wary of anything too complicated) rather then one create a distraction as that might see kidnappers seize the hostage.

No to Arson as we don't have someone who can hope to control the fire in any way and could go very wrong

I agree that Arson should be off the table. I like the idea of Li Jun going in for negotiations because it should help us locate Xiaoquan Shen so we can save him (or is it a her?).

Also, Liu Shentong can provide 68 gold that we can use for negotiations. We can put the coins on top of a bag filled with metal shavings (presumably from a blacksmith) so it at least appears that we've brought enough money.

Li Jun could demand to see the prisoner before handing the money over, which is a reasonable request.

I think if we just attack them outright without locating the prisoner first, they'll probably die in the attempt. We need to save them.

Well, we don't really have anything the bandits would want, unless its a group run by a gmnpc of some kind. I doubt the liklihood of that since it was a random pt event. Their demand was for money, which i dont think we have, so unless we negotiate with a bluff I dont think we'd get anywhere.

If we go the diplomatic route, i like the idea of deception
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby cjh1k2004 » 13 Feb 2017, 05:00

Right, so after reading through all this:

I personally think that we should at least send Meixiu in to negotiate first. Possibly alone - almost every other member of this plot is a garrison officer, which I think might tip off the kidnappers to the garrison's involvement. Or it might not, considering they decided to blackmail Meixiu of all people... I think it's alright for Meixiu to solo negotiate (with the fake moneypouch idea?) since she has 80 war and duelist.

Otherwise, I like the idea of having a stealth team, raid team, and fire support team. It's just that I think the fire support team should be on hand to capture fleeing enemies instead of raining archery death on the main compound (don't wanna accidentally hit our hostage), and the stealth team should act to scout while Meixiu is negotiating. Raid team should just wait for a signal from Meixiu to storm the compound (possibly with stealth team?), and once the signal is given Meixiu should prioritise protecting Xiaoquan Shen while Liu Shentong brute forces his way in. I think that's a better use of our two duelists involved!
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 13 Feb 2017, 10:56

I believe Xu Yuan wishes to join in?
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 90-61-70-30-60 Skills: Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Bradums » 14 Feb 2017, 00:57

I could have Zhou Liang join in, if you can use him. He's not a member of the garrison, but he's one of the better fighters in Wan, and he absolutely looks like a guy with money. He'd be a good decoy/bodyguard. Also, he's really good at making **** up as he goes along, so that might help?

I mean, honestly, it's hard for me to do much else, and since you could use a murdermachine who doesn't look or talk like a murdermachine, this might be a clever place to shoehorn him in.

If not, no big deal. I won't cry. A lot. Probably.
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby Mat » 14 Feb 2017, 01:04

cjh1k2004 wrote:Wrote smart stuff

I agree that Meixiu should go and negotiate but I think it would be good if she were accompanied by... *drumroll*

Bradums wrote:I could have Zhou Liang join in, if you can use him.

Zhou Liang. He has started helping out with the garrison, so it makes RP sense. Plus he's a Charming Duelist just like Meixiu. And if the kidnappers want to know why he's there, he's "the money" since he's from a noble family and should be capable of paying the ransom. He can provide backup fighting or negotiating. He's also not an official member of the garrison, so his presence shouldn't make the ransomers nervous.

Dong Zhou wrote:I believe Xu Yuan wishes to join in?

I actually suggested this to XY but, upon further thought, the old man's low War score concerns me. I think we should leave the negotiating to our resident badasses. It would suck if Cai Bin got killed trying to help us out.
Liu Shentong (162) 71-91-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Xu Yuan » 14 Feb 2017, 01:15

Haha, fair enough. I'm sure he can do something else in this crisis.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 559
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby cjh1k2004 » 14 Feb 2017, 03:44

I'm open to letting Zhou Liang (Bradums) in if Kun Tiao has no objections?

As for Xu Yuan, if he really wants in, I don't mind. But I'm partially also concerned we're drawing too many officers into this plot, and I feel Cai Bin might actually be better off being the interrogator/chief negotiator for any rebel officers we might capture.
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Xu Yuan » 14 Feb 2017, 03:46

That's a smart idea. I wonder if that means Cai Bin would have to tag along in a unit though? I'm a little uncertain of the details. Definitely something to PM Sir Ebrum about, but neat idea Cjh1k2004!
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 559
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Mat » 14 Feb 2017, 15:02

With Zhou Liang likely joining, I think it'd be best if Liu Shentong works on gathering intelligence on the rebels. Having all six of the garrison officers caught up in this one plot is probably a mismanagement of resources. I would even suggest one of you joins me and ventures out to capture some rebels. You'll still have 5 officers to devote to this, counting Zhou Liang.
Liu Shentong (162) 71-91-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Dong Zhou » 15 Feb 2017, 09:55

Mat wrote:With Zhou Liang likely joining, I think it'd be best if Liu Shentong works on gathering intelligence on the rebels. Having all six of the garrison officers caught up in this one plot is probably a mismanagement of resources. I would even suggest one of you joins me and ventures out to capture some rebels. You'll still have 5 officers to devote to this, counting Zhou Liang.

I can skip out, I don't think Li Jun is integral to the plans and IC, will say Liu Shentong gave orders for her to go help rebel captures
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 90-61-70-30-60 Skills: Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Mat » 15 Feb 2017, 10:30

Dong Zhou wrote:I can skip out, I don't think Li Jun is integral to the plans and IC, will say Liu Shentong gave orders for her to go help rebel captures

That would be great. Li Jun would really come in handy and could join LS in his Capture Rebel (Cautious) mission with her Scout ability.
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby cjh1k2004 » 15 Feb 2017, 11:53

Understood. I've updated the list of people involved, and we'll take it that Bradums has joined the plot. Hooray!

Although, I'm a little wary of our new magistrate taking to the field so soon after ascending to power, but eh, your choice on what to do Mat!

I've been a little busy at the moment - I'll update more details of what to submit by this weekend, but in the meantime, everyone can continue to contribute ideas!
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Bradums » 15 Feb 2017, 14:53

Yay.

I'll have Liang pop by for an RP to introduce himself and get him involved.
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Next

Return to Simzhou