Capture Rebel planning room

Re: Capture Rebel planning room

Postby ShadInquis » 25 Feb 2017, 03:45

Thanks for clarifying. It should not affect Li Sheng's or Liu Shentong's teams as we left the micro attempt for later
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Gimme A Hell Yeah!

Postby ShadInquis » 28 Feb 2017, 05:55

OPEN RP (To all participants in the "Capture Rebels")
Return Party

The cold morning saw the return of the three raiding parties return to the garrison in Wan. Their mission was a clear success.

Li Sheng looked around at both his soldiers and those of the other two teams. Combat being the best teacher, those who returned were the now much better soldiers than when they left. Li Sheng's men looked confident, as could be expected of of former peasants who completely overwhelmed and crushed the not-so-scary-anymore rebels. The look of fear they hand when leaving the town was gone, replaced by an easy smile and a bit of bravado. It might be best to bring them down to earth later, and show them there is still much for them to learn... but later. Let them bask in their glory for now.

The same look confidence was also seen in the troops from the other two teams, but these troops were also quite tired. Their opponents did not go down without a tough fight and the two teams took a fair amount of casualties. These casualties would be made up by the recruited captives, but it was still an important lesson. The group of the newly recruited captives behind them looked very stressed, as would be expected. These men were happy to be alive, but still weighed down by their status.

The battle was very useful for the officers too. Many had relatively limited combat experience. Despite the sorry state of their armor and shields, the officers came back quite healthy from these battles. Most had only minor (but painful!) bruises and small cuts. Fei Lai and Xu Xun were a little worse off, but their injuries were still quite light and would easily heal with some rest. Li Sheng felt the battle taught him much, both in the previously unknown art of leadership and in the combat tactics.

The returning troop has nearly arrived at the garrison.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Gimme A Hell Yeah!

Postby Han1977 » 28 Feb 2017, 07:45

Huang Dong walked a little bit behind the others. He quietly stretched and flexed his muscles. Its been a while, since he use it to fight. He had been spent most of his time leisurely since he arrived at Wan. The battle scrubbed away some of the rust from his muscles and mind.

He watched the soldiers walked with a renewed vigor in their step and secretly sighed. With a glance he checked on his companions, Liu Shentong and Li Jun survived the battle without any critical injuries. Although Li Jun had a bit trouble back then, but she could defend herself pretty well.

'Hmm... at least all the officers survive...', he felt a bit better.

He was looking around him, when his eyes met Li Sheng's, the old veteran politely nodded his head.
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby ShadInquis » 28 Feb 2017, 08:09

Li Sheng noticed the attention from the the older man. He remembered that this man was among the first to arrive to the planning room to offer his services. His plans, while they were deciding on strategy, were also quite interesting if a little too complicated to be used a small unit of untrained peasants. Li Sheng turned to him with a smile.

So, that's three hundred less enemies in future battles, no net casualties for us and some useful intel. It's a shame the enemy officer managed to escape, but remembering what what we started with, this was not a bad. We should probably throw a small party. It would be good for garrison morale.

Having a bath and a nice warm meal might be nice too, he thought. Long trips like that make one appreciate the comforts of the city.

I would guess the rebels would be more cautious now. We should try to do more skirmishes before the main battle, but it may not be as easy.

Still, it turns out military command is not as boring as I thought. I would still rather stick to my field of expertise, but this is quite fun too.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Gimme A Hell Yeah!

Postby Dong Zhou » 28 Feb 2017, 10:12

OC: I wish we had gone with the plans now :oops:

Li Jun had set out in not a great mood, she had been hoping to help bring about law by capturing kidnappers but Liu Shentong had given orders and being a soldier, she had to obey. Having taken her few bodyguards to scout for the rebels, she could see why she was of use for this and she would never have dreamed of disobeying but this meant she was becoming less and less of a guard, more and more of a soldier. It was one thing knowing this was coming, it was another slinking through the terrain to find people to kill.

She had found the patrol within striking reach and returned to tell Huang Dong and Liu Shentong. Knowing their troops were inexperienced and might cave against more experienced troops if things went wrong, the three of them had taken the fight personally to the rebels, smashing into the enemy ranks. Li Jun knew Liu Shentong would thrive, she wasn't sure of Huang Dong but there was not time to worry about that. Though a capable fighter, Li Jun knew this was a gamble for her, she was more the command and thinking type, not the vanguard warrior.

Li Jun was pretty sure she would have torn through the soldiers one at time but at 3-1, though she was stronger individually and delivering more damage then she was getting individually, she was worn down by the numbers. Three blows are all added up to rather more then she was managing after all. By the end of the fight, her bodyguards had been forced to help her off the field off battle, her head groggy, her body not seriously injured but her armour would need a good blacksmith and her body would need a few days rest to shake off the aches and pains.

She had been grumpy on the way back and hunched over her saddle. She knew they had won despite missing the end of the battle, they were alive and had others bound so clearly they had won. However her body hurt, her mouth felt sickly and her head full of fog, she felt embarrassed at being forced off the field and she swore she could glimpse a kitten banner among the men. Who made a banner involving a kitten? It does not inspire fear in the heart of the foe, she was sure of that. Was it made for a kid and let in the barracks armoury? She wanted to burn it but now was not the time to seize the banner.

So when they got the garrison, she was not feeling well or happy and Li Sheng's optimism was not sitting well with her. His joy at fighting did not sit well with the guard officer either, she was good at fighting but she didn't enjoy it and she didn't look forward to clearing up the mess.

"What the men need is to be settled down and seen too. Bathed, armour repaired, doctors, a drink to help them sleep without nightmares and a return to normal for a few days. Better that then a party for a minor skirmish, they clearly have so much more to learn before I can trust them in the heat of battle."
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-65-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Mat » 28 Feb 2017, 10:19

Shentong had an easy stride on the way back to Wan. The mission had been a success and there had been no officer casualties. As a leader, the man was beaming with pride; Wan's sons and daughters, untrained as they were, had stood up and bravely fought the rebels.

But the young Liu was a bit more critical of himself. He had not fought well from his perspective. The rebel officer he faced should have been brought low. Yang Lu could have yielded valuable information and under most circumstances the warrior should have mauled the rebel. He had to get better, be better. Wan deserved no less.

Despite such self-criticism (and being covered in blood and dirt), Shentong felt alive and in high spirits. He turned to Li Jun and Huang Dong, speaking in a register only the two of them could hear.

"Not bad for new recruits, eh? We may make proper warriors of them yet."
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
l33t d00d

Postby ShadInquis » 28 Feb 2017, 10:57

Li Sheng was genuinely confused as to Li Jun was such a killjoy. A victory was a victory, even if a small one.
"I hope it's not contagious", he thought to himself. "Would not want Min to catch such grumpiness".

The men will get settled down. The rush from the battle will disappear after a good sleep. But the men only deserve a party, they need one. I may not be very good at military tactics, but I know how people think.

It will help cement the feeling of victory, the confidence in themselves and numb the feeling of pain from the injuries. Not only that, it will change their feeling from "we must fight to the death" to "we will make them fight to the death". Turn their mentality from prey to predator. From a deer making a last stand, to a big mean gator. Of course, they have much to learn, and we should make them understand that. But not tonight. Tonight, let them have their glory.

Looking at Li Jun directly, and with what could be mistaken for worry:
Are you feeling well? You look almost as bad as the injured officers. Did you catch a bad cold during the raid?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Gimme A Hell Yeah!

Postby Fa Zheng » 28 Feb 2017, 11:47

Liao Ju was beat, his head throbbed as the adrenaline subsided. The basic helmet he had worn during the attack had become dented and he was covered in cuts and bruises. It would take a while for his armour to be in any condition before it would be fit for battle again. Despite his fatigue he had made sure that the captives were properly guarded on the way back to Wan, giving specific instructions to the Sergeants. The men had lost friends to these captives, it would be a lot of work before trust could be shared between these different groups.
As the other teams converged into one large unit he whipped up his steed and made his way to the front to see the other officers and how they had faired. By the looks of two of the officers, it had been worse for them. He noticed another hunched over their saddled, obviously as exhausted as what Ju was. Li Sheng seemed to be speaking with her and having a disagreement. He had butted heads with the young man a few times, it was easy being young and not having to deal with the limitations of your body. Though he doubt the young man remembered that he got himself into some trouble in the fight.

Liao Ju: We don't have time for parties. Just as the lady has said, we need them bathed, seen by doctors and some drink to forget the friends they have lost and come to terms with the lives they have taken. There is nothing to celebrate. It looks as though we lost a third of the force we started out with, will their mothers, sons, daughters and wives be feeling the need to celebrate such a small victory? If you wish to have a subtle celebration with some of the other officers, do so but make it low key.

At this point he took off his helmet and put it into a bag on the horse's side and pulled out a skin of wine offering it to the female officer.

Liao Ju: My name is Liao Ju, Lieutenant from the capital and now an acting Military Officer for Wan. Try having some wine, it may help with aches and pains.
Liao Ju (37)
87-71-75-37-32
Arrowstorm, Counter, Leader, Missile, Navy, Reversal, Volley.
viewtopic.php?f=289&t=13028&p=1463906#p1463906
Fa Zheng
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Han1977 » 28 Feb 2017, 11:53

Li Sheng & Li Jun (since it seem both RP are related)

Huang Dong cleared his throat, "A bit of both I think, a small ceremonial party perhaps. First to give thanks for our success and survival. Second to commemorate our fallen brothers. Perhaps our new magistrate could give a bit of speech. One that make their confidence firmer, since we still far from winning the war. But also a speech that strengthen their sense of responsibility, for those who fail to return alive. For the families that were losing their loved ones."

"The boy said some truth. We need to raise our morale, not just this few hundreds, but the thousands that still in Wan. We need to raise their morale, to show them that we can win this battle. If we return with our head hanging low, like a loser. It will affect the army's morale. We need to show them that we win this skirmish, that they have the power to win against the rebels, that we can win this war."

Huang Dong sighed and quietly patted Li Jun's shoulder, "So held your head high captain. Straighten your back and push out your chest. We win this battle. Today, we are the victor."

Huang Dong made sure that his voice wouldn't be heard by the soldiers, "This is war. This is battle. Do not mistake it with your previous duty. In war, it's kill or to be killed. Sometimes a general even decide to sacrifice thousands of his own soldier to win the battle."

He turned to the young Li Sheng and gently rebuked him, "Young warrior, curb your enthusiasm a bit. A good warrior is like a sharp sword. Without a good scabbard, it will be easily harm its owner. There is time to show your blade, that's in battle and against our enemy. Sheathe it, once the battle is over."

With less criticism Huang Dong added, "I mean no offense, but I've seen good young man turn into a savage after got drunk with blood lust. Battle... war... they could turn good people to bad. We should enjoy the fact that we live through it, but don't forget the lost as well. Have a bit balance."

Huang Dong looked around, toward the soldiers who walked before him, "We have to guide them, to be a soldiers who both have the courage and the gentleness. They should never forget, we go to war to protect our people, otherwise we will turn into our enemy."

Liu Shentong

Huang Dong politely nodded his head, "Not bad and... we're lucky that the first battle goes well. The story will give confidence to the others. Now, we just have to make sure that it doesn't goes over their head."

After some thought he said to Liu Shentong, "Perhaps a word or two from their leader will give them the right direction. A bit of praise, a bit of reminder. Perhaps once we reach Wan?"
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby ShadInquis » 28 Feb 2017, 12:38

Ugh, more grumpy old men. Do all men just turn this depressing, or was he just unlucky? And the preaching! Somewhat defensively, he responded to Jiao Lu:

Whether three hundred men fight three hundred, or whether thirty thousand fight thirty thousand, to the single footsoldier, the risk and the number of the enemies he will face personally is the same. Just because the overall scale was small does not make the soldier's personal victory any smaller.

Losses are regrettable, but they are part of war. A party is a good way for the soldiers to celebrate their own life rather than drown in sorrow over someone's death.

Somewhat calmer to Huang Dong:
I understand what you say, even if I do not completely agree. I have no bloodlust. I just don't juject the unnecessary complexities. We are alive, our enemies are either dead, fled. or recruited, making up our losses. We win, it's that simple. So why act down?

Taking his voice down a little:
I would have never made it out of the slums as a child if I had to come to terms with every death. My immediate family, except my sister, is gone in the city chaos. But what use would it be for me to spend time in mourning? All that would do is make my sister sadder. One can always do more things when alive and calm.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Gimme A Hell Yeah!

Postby Dong Zhou » 28 Feb 2017, 12:53

Shentong/Huang Dong

Li Jun shrugged

"It was a good learning expirence for those who survived, they will benefit from all this. Keep them calm and focused, maybe next time Huang Dong and I can avoid going ploughing in."

Li Jun glanced around and tentatively whispered to them both. She wasn't quite sure, now her rage at the banner had gone, if she had seen it or not. It was going to bother her all day if she didn't ask.

"Did either of you bring a kitten banner? Or am I seeing things?"

Group

Li Sheng's suggestion of it being a cold might have ended badly for someone if not for the quick reactions of Liao Ju and Huang Dong. Taking off her helmet to reveal some bruises on the side of her face where one blow had whacked into her with force that, she gratefully grasped the wine, taking one gulp before sighing, it was a relief and already she was beginning to feel a bit better.

Offering back the skin to Liao Ju, she flashed him as good a smile as she could manage in the circumstances.

"Thank you Lieutenant Liao, I needed that and I'm afraid my skin got pierced during the battle. I'm Li Jun, former guard and it is a pleasure to meet you."

Li Jun liked Huang Dong's speech, even if he misread her grumbles, she was in pain rather then worried about the deaths but he meant well. When he patted her on the shoulder, she tensed up but she soon relaxed. As the discussion flowed around her, Li Jun offered her own views, coming out a bit firmer then she intended.

"This was a skirmish. Or three. It was successful but not a major successes, there is still a lot we need to work on with ourselves and with the troops. There will be, hopefully, great victories and there will be major battles and then we celebrate our success but this sets out that we will celebrate anything. If we want to reward the soldiers, buy them a round or give them a day or two off to be with their families, let them get the battle out of their system and then back to work."

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Suicide Fox » 28 Feb 2017, 22:17

Since his return, Jian Bian remained aloof from the other officers. He was exhausted and his long dark hair was caked with dirt and blood. His upper lip had long since dried from the blood running down from his nose when he pierced a rebel with his sword and caught an elbow in the process. War was a horrible, horrible, business but it was his craft and he was damn good at it.

"You all faught well today," He told his men before he departed from them. "But this is only the beginning. I hope you liked the taste of battle because there's a lot more to come. Probably a lot more to profit from as well. Get some rest, get drunk if you need to.. you've earned it. But be prepared for training in the coming days."

It was a very short speech but he hoped it gave confidence nonetheless. He wasn't charismatic enough to build their spirits to soar into the heavens, but perhaps they would appreciate the practicality and grittiness their commander offered them. If he wished for the men to know one thing it was this: Jian Bian was an officer that the troops could count on to deliver them victory. He would try to kill as many men as anyone and he would never ask a soldier to do a job he wouldn't do himself.

He raised a sleeve to wipe his face. The other officers seemed to be enjoying themselves, but he would not partake. In his eyes, although the skirmishes were successful, it meant very little in the grand scheme of things. He inquired about Fei Lai's injury before he left and made sure to touch base with each member of his team simply by giving them a pat on the shoulder.
╔═╦╦═╗ Looking for V6 connections / backstory
║╚╣╠═╣ PM me if you've got something interesting!
╠╗║╠═╝
╚═╩╝ Jian Bian 90-81-50-20-50 Arrowstorm, Counter, Cunning(e), Mobility, Reversal, Volley
Suicide Fox
Veteran Officer

Postby Han1977 » 28 Feb 2017, 22:58

group

Dong Zhou wrote:..Li Sheng's suggestion of it being a cold might have ended badly for someone if not for the quick reactions of Liao Ju and Huang Dong. Taking off her helmet to reveal some bruises on the side of her face where one blow had whacked into her with force that, she gratefully grasped the wine, taking one gulp before sighing, it was a relief and already she was beginning to feel a bit better.

Huang Dong grabbed a small rucksack that was hung on his saddle. He rummaged for a while and then took a little bottle. He opened the bottle, took a sniff and nodded his head.

Handed it to Li Jun he said, "Try this, apply the ointment on your bruises, nothing expensive but it's better than nothing."

He found a small pouch from his rucksack and handed it Li Jun, "This one for an open wound, it help to stop the blood and quicken the wound to heal."

ShadInquis wrote:Somewhat calmer to Huang Dong:
I understand what you say, even if I do not completely agree. I have no bloodlust. I just don't juject the unnecessary complexities. We are alive, our enemies are either dead, fled. or recruited, making up our losses. We win, it's that simple. So why act down?

Huang Dong nodded, "I agree, we shouldn't act down. It is better to use this victory to boost the army's morale."

"... but a party perhaps a bit too much.", he still had some more to say, but decided that it was better for them all if he held his tongue.

"Why don't we let Captain Liu to decide?"

Shentong/Huang Dong
Dong Zhou wrote:...
"Did either of you bring a kitten banner? Or am I seeing things?"

Huang Dong awkwardly cleared his throat and shifted his eyes to the soldiers before him. He secretly slowed down his horse. He let Liu Shentong and Li Jun walked a bit further, before quietly pushed a folded banner, deep under his saddle.

His eyes quickly scanned the soldier's expression, [i]'Do they notice it? A kitten?... Do they think it's a kitten too?'

'It's a damn tiger for god sake... big fluffy one though... <sigh>... these... these... barbarians... I need sophisticated people to appreciate my art... yes... I just have to wait for the right generation.'

Suddenly Huang Dong missed his little pupils, they really adore his paintings. They would beg him to draw for them whenever the class is over.
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby Dong Zhou » 01 Mar 2017, 07:41

group

Li Jun worked herself a place to sit down as she took Huang Dong's welcome pain relief but a thought did reach her muddled head.

"What about you? Do you need any of this? You were in the thick of it before I lost sight of you, you probably need something."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Han1977 » 01 Mar 2017, 10:40

group

Huang Dong shook his head, "No worries, I still have some more. Whenever I goes to battle, I always prepare some of them. They're not a live saving medicine, just some ointment you can buy in any local drug store. But still, better than nothing."

He grinned, "Beside I was quite lucky this time, I only met few small shrimp. Nothing life threatening. I just got some sore muscle, that's all. I hadn't had use my sword for quite a while. Few more battles and some training, I think I could get my shape back."

He turned to Li Sheng and Liao Ju, "Anyone need it? I still have some left."
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou