Capture Rebel planning room

Re: Capture Rebel planning room

Postby Mat » 05 Mar 2017, 14:47

Suicide Fox wrote:"My apologies, perhaps I am still fatigued from the heat of battle. I request to retire to my quarters."

Shentong nods. He was accustomed to post-battle altercations and arguments, having experienced dozens of them over the years. He even thought it might occur among the officers, which was the precise reason he wanted to meet with them away from the other soldiers.

"Certainly. Get some rest General Jian and thank you again for your actions today." The Commandant puts his left hand over his right fist, saluting the man.

The Commandant waits for the general to depart before speaking further.

"We are all in need of rest. When we have more information about the rebels and their plans, we will meet again to discuss our strategy moving forward. You are all dismissed. Thank you once again."
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby One Sun Mirror » 05 Mar 2017, 23:31

Gongsun Ji held his tongue as the officers Huang Dong and Jian Bian flared up over his words. His words had been very frank, which usually upset at least a few others in gatherings such as this, but he would not be drawn upon the uncalled-for critique unless his superior either asked for it or reprimanded Ji for relaying inflated information.

Upon the Magistrate explaining that plans were already in motion to train the troops, he clasped his hands together and vigouously shook them in a manner reminiscent a respectful gesture. "Your wisdom on this matter is appreciated, Shentong!"

Once all the officers had been dismissed, Gongsun Ji marched out of the room, dented helmet in hand. "Huang Dong!" he growled at the man who had questioned his report. "You and I must have words. I would have it out with you now, lest unhealthy resentment build between us."

Eyeing him with an attentive glare, he waited to see if the other man would engage with him or simply blow him off and depart.
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Han1977 » 06 Mar 2017, 00:07

Huang Dong was ready to leave when he heard Gongsun Ji called his name, 'Should hold my tongue... I guess the older I get, the more talkative I am...'

Sighing, he turned to face the growling Gongsun Ji, 'I should learn how to growl. Perhaps I can learn a thing or two from this Gongsun about the art of growling.'

A corner of his mouth was twitching from his own internal joke. He struggled to keep his face straight. Quickly he hid his expression by politely bowed toward Gongsun Ji. With a deep breath, he finally had his expression under control. When he lifted his head, he already kept his face straight.

With his usual calm smile, he greeted Gongsun Ji, "Master Gongsun."
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby One Sun Mirror » 06 Mar 2017, 03:04

Han1977

"Don't you 'Master Gongsun' me. Neither of us owe each other any such pleasantries," scowled Ji at the other man's response.

"In any case, I will ask plainly; why did you question my report to our Magistrate?" he asked, his words spilling from his tongue with the subtlety of broken glass. "Are you in the habit of distrusting military reports? Or are you simply a fool looking to further your own career?"

His grey brows furrowed as he squinted hard at Huang Dong. "I have heard that you too recently joined the military service of the city. Perhaps you think me a wizened old cad who rides the coat-tails of better men, simply because I am not a native of Wan. But I will tell you, I have given my life to the border-protection of Liang and Bing provinces. I am fully aware of the damage false reports can do. Do you think I am so foolish as to overstate the efforts of myself and my comrades? Or understate the performance of my men? A commander must be aware of the weaknesses of his forces. Even though the peasant milita helped us win this conflict, without the emboldening actions of the men leading them, they would have been shattered and routed on the field of battle. Of course, I did not place it so bluntly before our troops, but that is the fact of the matter. You may not be so familiar with how troops fight in wars, sir, I do not know your background. But the fact our soldiers were undisciplined and untrained was as plain as the sun. That they helped us win the battle does not take away from that fact."

Taking a breath and realising he was on the verge of shouting the man down, he breathed more calmly before continuing. "Jian Bian's words on your expedition were also out of line, however. Prior to now, we had not heard any of its details and only a more general series of events. You are clearly of much more even temperament than we, and I will apologise on his behalf for that." But more sternly, he finished, "but I would still hear you explain yourself."
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Han1977 » 06 Mar 2017, 07:27

One Sun Mirror

"Do I have no right to state my opinion? Do all officer's opinion must in agreement with yours? Are you annoyed every time other people have different opinion than your?"

"I never questioned the fact that you and your comrades led your soldiers well, and made the victory possible. But personally I think you value our soldier's contribution in winning the skirmish too low, and value the contribution of your comrades too high at the same time. I won't deny the fact that the soldiers were untrained and perhaps at some level undisciplined. But it only, makes me respect them more, because to tell the truth, we shouldn't bring them to battle. We know they're not yet ready, but we're forced to lead them to battle despite their lack of training. It stem from my expectation, that they fought with such determination."

"I must say, despite their lack of training, these soldiers saved my live. They're not, as you said, in shameful condition. No, I wouldn't put that word to describe them. Without their courage and loyalty, I'll be dead by now."

Huang Dong gave a pause. He tried to speak as calmly as possible, without raising his voice.

"On the other hand, the performance of your comrade, in my personal opinion, isn't as good as you described. Of course, I didn't see what happened during the battle, all I know is that they were out of the action by the end of the battle. If these untrained soldiers weren't there. If they decided to run away when they saw your comrades fell, then I'm afraid you and your comrades are nothing but corpses by now."

"Far from someone that could be described as fearsome warriors. Perhaps a good leader, a courageous commander, an inspiring one, and so on. But not fearsome warrior, I'm afraid. Perhaps they are, but at least in the last battle, I didn't see such thing. Maybe in the next battle, they have a better chance to show their skill with their weapons."

"At the end, Master Gongsun... you give your report based on your personal judgment and I give mine. I won't claim that my opinion is the right one. It simply right from my incomplete point of view. It's Captain Liu's part to gather all reports, get a better picture and make a decision out of it. Or perhaps not..."

Huang Dong shrugged his shoulder, "It's up to the captain, or should I say the magistrate. I believe he is mature enough to judge our reports objectively."

After some thought he added, "To tell the truth Master Gongsun, I kinda regret my decision to speak back then. I should just keep my mouth shut. Since I think my opinion wouldn't matter much anyway. Not to mention that you and your comrades seem to be offended by me. I don't think you should worry about it. The magistrate is young and I think he hold you and your comrade's skills in high esteem."

"While I, I am just an old veteran. That's all. I'm too old for the heat of battle. I believe, once the real battle begin, I won't have a place in it."
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby One Sun Mirror » 06 Mar 2017, 10:23

Han1977

"You have every right to state your opinion, in general terms," Gongsun Ji spoke fiercely. "However, when the Magistrate asks for further details, I will not shy away from the truth. As you say, you were not there and do not know the full circumstances of what happened. I was still holding my own by the end of the battle, though this was not of my own doing but because my men and my comrades so successfully executed our battle plan."

"Perhaps you mistake my meaning when I say the troops are in an appalling state. This is through no fault of their own, but the fault of their lax superiors who have allowed this city to decline into the sorry state it is in today! The shame for that is not at all on the troops, but on those whose duty it was to have them battle-ready in the first place. Being a newcomer to this city, perhaps I must bear some of this shame that I had not arrived sooner to strike some sense into the former Magistrate!" Gongsun Ji's shoulders slumped, as he expressed this regret. "But I know trained soldiers when I see them, and the city of Wan would be lucky to possess a handful."

"I do mark your words, and they ring true, that our men acted courageously and obediently... but say again, that this will not be enough to get them through future battles. Today we were lucky. I would see that we do not have to rely on such luck again," Ji spoke, his voice returning to its usual guttural gruffness. "Even a fearsome warrior must rely on his troops and his comrades. Even an old man." He stared into the depths of Huang Dong's pupils as he said this, perhaps for the first time in a long time he might have included this kind of title for himself.

As Huang Dong proceeded to express his disbelief once more, Ji sighed. "It seems you are as stubborn as I. No matter, I may simply take comfort that you are my equal and not my superior." Wincing as the man called him 'Master Gongsun' once more (and so deliberately this time! The nerve!), he listened as Dong suddenly became quite self-deprecating.

"My concern is not that you hold myself or my comrades in low esteem. My concern is that you openly question the valour of your comrades before them to Shentong on little to no evidence! This is precisely as woeful as reprimanding one's troops for being untrained! Think on that..." Ji scolded.
Han1977 wrote:"I am just an old veteran. That's all. I'm too old for the heat of battle. I believe, once the real battle begin, I won't have a place in it."

"All of us will have a part in it, such as is our duty to the city," Ji said. "Age alone is nothing in war. While we may not see eye to eye on many things, I hope that you will agree that even a small part might be played by those who have lived long under Heaven... tomorrow, I ask that you come to the training yards. Before the troops, you and I might spar with one another. You would be right to say that I am not such an impressive fighter personally, but I think it would reflect a positive lesson upon the troops what training and experience can do for them."

He extended his left hand to Dong.
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 06 Mar 2017, 11:27

OC: Thank Matt. Sorry for lack of posts, had that (not the good kind alas :wink: ) sort of weekend. Fa Zheng, I hope you feel better

Matt/Han

As Huang Dong went off and to her embarrassment, Shentong kindly explained he had not seen such a banner, she shrugged. Stupid blow to helmet, must have hit harder then she thought.

"Must be from all the knocks to the head. I'm sure I'll be feeling as good as new in a few days."

Group massacre

"Thank you Huang and I promise, I will get these wounds checked out Lieutenant Liao, I know enough never to leave these things unchecked."

Li Jun happily took the ointment with a grateful and began applying it to herself, loosening parts of her armour to do so, the odd grunt and groan as sometimes she hit a painful part and sometimes parts of her body had just got stiff. When Liu Shentong praised them, Li Jun straitened up and paused what she was doing so she could listen, a look of relief as he clearly agreed with her that she should never have to fly into the fray like that again. She was best timing her interventions, not tearing through the troops.

When Li Sheng proposed doing all this again, Li Jun stifled a groan at the prospect of going back to the front and she worried it was over ambitious given she was not sure the troops could follow anything more complex then "hit the other guy" right now. When Gongsun began blowing his trumpet and making clear his feelings for the troops, Li Jun lacked the energy to get involved and when Jiang Bin declared they, but somehow not the magistrate, were to blame, Li Jun shook her head but with Huang Dong there, she had no need to intervene and part of her was a tad disappointed Jiang Bin ran off. She suspected that what parts of her memory were hazy after today, it would not be the bits where Jiang Bin tried to sell her and Huang Dong out.

When the group were dismissed, she saw Gongsun and Huang pairing off but otherwise the groups seemed to be going their own way with a sigh, she got up and gathered her stuff, she would see a doctor once the rush was gone and then spend the next day or two recovering. Tempers would probably calm down but she felt sorry for Liu Shentong, at least when men competed for her attention, it was leading to something fun but all he was going to get out of this contest for praise was hurt feelings and sulks.
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Fa Zheng » 07 Mar 2017, 08:07

When they had arrived back at the garrison, Ju went straight to where he had left some of his belongings before heading out. He grabbed a bottle of wine and started gulping it down. His head throbbed and all he wanted was to pass out and forget the day. He couldn't be bothered to go back to the inn tonight, he would stay in the garrison. As Liu Shentong and the other officers started talking he started to remove his broken armour keeping one ear on the conversation. He started hearing the argument and chuckled a bit to himself, that was until Jian Bian decided to question his ability as a commander. With an instant flash of rage Liao Ju picked up his bottle and threw it just to the left of Jian Bian. It smashed on the wall shattering and sending wine everywhere. Liao Ju's face was red with rage.

Liao Ju: You F###ing hypocrite! You give Huang Dong S##t for apparently questioning your comrade's ability and then go question Mine and Jing Yi's ability just because you're having a hissy fit. I don't care if you want to f##k Li Sheng, you question my leadership again I'll take your hands and feet off followed by your head!

He gave a terrifying glare and sneer at Jian Bian and his fists where clenched ready to knock him on his arse should he want a fight. Without looking at Liu Shentong directly he speaks.

Liao Ju My Apologies Liu Shentong but I'm not having someone who managed to barely lead an attack question My ability or that of those I fought beside. Maybe if this moron was smart enough he would have caught the enemy by surprise as well instead he would rather have his hissy fit and make an arse of himself.

(OOC: Thank DZ, getting there)
Liao Ju (37)
87-72-75-37-32
Arrowstorm, Counter, Leader, Missile, Navy, Reversal, Volley.
viewtopic.php?f=289&t=13028&p=1463906#p1463906
Fa Zheng
Middle Aged Officer

Postby Han1977 » 07 Mar 2017, 10:05

One Sun Mirror wrote:...
As Huang Dong proceeded to express his disbelief once more, Ji sighed. "It seems you are as stubborn as I. No matter, I may simply take comfort that you are my equal and not my superior." Wincing as the man called him 'Master Gongsun' once more (and so deliberately this time! The nerve!), he listened as Dong suddenly became quite self-deprecating.

"All of us will have a part in it, such as is our duty to the city," Ji said. "Age alone is nothing in war. While we may not see eye to eye on many things, I hope that you will agree that even a small part might be played by those who have lived long under Heaven...

tomorrow, I ask that you come to the training yards. Before the troops, you and I might spar with one another. You would be right to say that I am not such an impressive fighter personally, but I think it would reflect a positive lesson upon the troops what training and experience can do for them."

He extended his left hand to Dong.

Huang Dong's eyes twinkled when he saw Gongsun Ji winced. He kept on listening attentively and glad that the situation didn't escalate.

"I guess it came with age. Most of the time old men are as stubborn as a mule. Perhaps that's why we hardly learn new tricks."

"Master Gongsun...", this time he said it without any sign of mischievousness.

"I'd like to sincerely apologize, if my earlier comments offended you and your comrades. There will be more battle ahead and you have plenty of chance to prove that I'm wrong in my judgment. Believe me when I say this, that I would be happy if you prove me wrong. More than if I'm proved to be right."

"I'm tired and my old bones demand hot bath and some rest. I'll see you tomorrow morning. I'll try to help you train the troop, as much as I could.", Huang Dong politely bowed.
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby Suicide Fox » 07 Mar 2017, 14:18

Fa Zheng wrote:When they had arrived back at the garrison, Ju went straight to where he had left some of his belongings before heading out. He grabbed a bottle of wine and started gulping it down. His head throbbed and all he wanted was to pass out and forget the day. He couldn't be bothered to go back to the inn tonight, he would stay in the garrison. As Liu Shentong and the other officers started talking he started to remove his broken armour keeping one ear on the conversation. He started hearing the argument and chuckled a bit to himself, that was until Jian Bian decided to question his ability as a commander. With an instant flash of rage Liao Ju picked up his bottle and threw it just to the left of Jian Bian. It smashed on the wall shattering and sending wine everywhere. Liao Ju's face was red with rage.

Liao Ju: You F###ing hypocrite! You give Huang Dong S##t for apparently questioning your comrade's ability and then go question Mine and Jing Yi's ability just because you're having a hissy fit. I don't care if you want to f##k Li Sheng, you question my leadership again I'll take your hands and feet off followed by your head!

He gave a terrifying glare and sneer at Jian Bian and his fists where clenched ready to knock him on his arse should he want a fight. Without looking at Liu Shentong directly he speaks.

Liao Ju My Apologies Liu Shentong but I'm not having someone who managed to barely lead an attack question My ability or that of those I fought beside. Maybe if this moron was smart enough he would have caught the enemy by surprise as well instead he would rather have his hissy fit and make an arse of himself.

(OOC: Thank DZ, getting there)

(RP is pretty much over, but I understand we can't all post at the same times. Sorry for the short reponse.)

The wine bottle smashed next to him and splattered a bit on the side of his cheek. If Jian Bian could withstand deathly projectiles fired from high-powered bows, a little wine would not bother him. He smirked at Liao Ju, raised his thumb to clean his cheek and licked the wine like a predator cleaning the blood from its claws.

"I hope you keep that kind of fire in your belly when you catch enemies that aren't sleeping."

A snide remark, but Jian Bian would not be unsettled to fight in front of his Magistrate. He may have been a brute but he was not a fool by any means. His ability to rile civilized men always amazed him, in fact he found that he quite enjoyed it.

Liao Ju's outburst would be the catalyst in which Jian Bian would request his leave and the Magistrate would permit it.
╔═╦╦═╗ Looking for V6 connections / backstory
║╚╣╠═╣ PM me if you've got something interesting!
╠╗║╠═╝
╚═╩╝ Jian Bian 90-81-50-20-50 Arrowstorm, Counter, Cunning(e), Mobility, Reversal, Volley
Suicide Fox
Veteran Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 10 Mar 2017, 15:31

Han1977

"You are a cad, sir," Ji shot at the man opposite him, pointing an accusatory finger. The insult was more in jest, however, and held no true malice. "Though I feel you have perhaps seen too much in the way of boastful remarks in the past to take another's words at face value. It is not that you offended me, although you may well have offended the younger fellows... I was perhaps more concerned you spoke ill of our venture out of spite or mischief. And while I will fight you tooth and nail to call the state of this city for what it is... at least you and I agree that there is work to be done, improvements to be made. And differences be damned, that is enough for me."

Saluting Huang Dong awkwardly, Gongsun Ji finished with, "I shall await you in the training grounds tomorrow. I expect we shall see who is truly the more stubborn then." Smirking to himself as he turned away and left the hall, he almost felt strangely glad Huang Dong had spoken out against him. Even if the years had made him soft towards the truth, at least he did not shrink away from the work at hand. This time, anyway.
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Previous

Return to Simzhou