Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Re: Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Postby Han1977 » 24 Mar 2017, 01:27

One Sun Mirror wrote:..."On the northern frontier, a rich fool's son would be imposed upon us now and again, and most would arrive with less talent than this lot-" he jerked his thumb back at the young men waving sticks about wildly, "and yet the kind of confidence that only the excessively wealthy possess. I have never met a good soldier who started out rich."

Huang Dong laughed, "Well..., I merely a son from a third concubine. My mother came from a poor family. She doesn't have someone who could support her position within our little family. Beauty passed along with time. Its even less valuable when your husband have the wealth and power to get whatever he want to."

There was no trace of bitterness as he told a bit of his past, "I learn humility from my mother. I learn to know my place within my family. I guess that's why I'm a bit different from those rich fool's son you knew. Ever since I can remember, my mother always reminded me, to be grateful for the opportunity I have, to use it well, to learn well, to study well, never to depend my future on my father."

"I guess she knew, well... it's only a common sense actually, with so many sons, it would be better for me to live away from my family. Which I did, forty days after my mother passed away.", his expression turned a bit grim as he talked about his mother.

"I hold no grudge to my brothers though. Or my step mothers.", he added quickly.

He winked with a twinkle in his eyes, "You see, I know how to use my father's wealth and connection to my benefit, without inciting my brother's jealousy. They even saw me off warmly, when I got my first commission in the army. Of course, with unsaid agreement that I will never return to get a share of my inheritance."

Huang Dong quietly thought about the story he heard about Gongsun Ji. While he had no chance to confirm the truth, but apparently the old general experienced something worse than him. Part of him wanted to explain to the old general, why he did what he did. Why he live the way he was right now.

After some thought, while looking at the trainees before them, he said, "Master Gongsun..., it is just my personal opinion, but I think life is just full of s***. It would be too depressing to live without make a joke out of it."

One Sun Mirror wrote:..."It also passes as a good warm up exercise, later we may indeed move to more disciplined group maneuvres, which I expect to be nothing short of abysmal." Remembering their past disagreement, he hastily added, "but of course, I shan't share such observations with them."

"Or course... of course...", Huang Dong smiled genially, "It's also a good opportunity for us to see their individual skill. Perhaps we can even pick some men to be the leader of 5 men unit."
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-60-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 3
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby One Sun Mirror » 01 Apr 2017, 00:09

Han1977

Listening to Huang Dong's story, Ji inwardly approved highly of the man's decision to essentially abandon his potential inheritance, as well as a potentially messy dispute over it, for a something more meaningful and practical.

"You benefited from wealth in your upbringing, but did not allow it to cloud your mind or judgement. This in itself is no small feat," Ji noted to his companion. "Where did you serve the military? Was it here in Wan? Or someplace far off? I am interested to hear because in my opinion, given my own experiences with the Imperial Army's high command, I can frankly say it is no surprise the Empire is in such a state as it is now..."
Han1977 wrote:"Master Gongsun..., it is just my personal opinion, but I think life is just full of s***. It would be too depressing to live without make a joke out of it."

Wincing again as Huang Dong politely named him Master Gongsun, Ji sharply corrected him once more. "You do not owe me the pleasantries of calling me Master. If anything, it should be I calling you as such, it was you who bested me in combat! Please, you may simply call me Gongsun. Or Ji, if you prefer. Tanshuai if the mood strikes you," Ji spoke somewhat lightly, his style name feeling strange as it crossed his tongue. Perhaps through lack of use?

"Life is beautiful," Ji countered. "I have nothing but thanks for my parents, for Heaven, for His Late Majesty..." he trailed off. "Sometimes, those who we must share our lives with blemish this. I have lived through many seasons now. You would understand that with each passing one, there is not only more to be thankful for, but more to mourn as well. Some of us are given more of one than the other," he concluded darkly.
Han1977 wrote:"Or course... of course...", Huang Dong smiled genially, "It's also a good opportunity for us to see their individual skill. Perhaps we can even pick some men to be the leader of 5 men unit."

"Just so," Ji said, brightening up considerably with the change of topic to something he was far more at ease with. "No doubt with your skill and background, you will be of great assistance in just such a task! Once we are able to identify the less-than-awful chaps among them, we may indeed proceed to the kind of training you mentioned previously."
Gongsun Ji 83–53–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Han1977 » 03 Apr 2017, 00:40

One Sun Mirror

Huang Dong didn't feel comfortable talking about his past career, but he kept it hidden.

"I serve in Luo Yang, just as I told you before, my brother was delighted to send me off, away from our home. So, he didn't mind to spend a bit coins to pay for my commission."

He paused a bit. He tried to decide whether he could voice his disappointment over the current dynasty or kept it to himself.

At the end he carefully said, "As someone who work and live in Luo Yang, I couldn't agree more. Everything in this universe, couldn't escape from the causal law. The emperor and his ministers past policies..., in one way or more, gave birth to this rebellion. I hope this could be a wake up call for them."

---

Huang Dong laughed as Gongsun Jin complained when he addressed him 'Master Gongsun'. There was sincerity in his laugh, there was nothing hidden behind it. He secretly admired Gongsun Ji's positive attitude toward life, 'It seem he is the exact opposite of me. He hid his warm heart behind his grumpy outer appearance. While I hid my bitter view of life, behind a genial appearance."

Huang Dong slapped Gongsun Ji's shoulder heartily and said, "Well... allow me to call you Brother Ji, then."

---

Huang Dong politely shook his head, "Of course I will do my best to help you, but don't place much hope on my skill. Anyway, our job will be lots of easier once we can find reliable men to lead their comrades, both during battle and during the training."

"By the way, I don't see your friends around. You know those who were in your group during the skirmish. I want to spar with them. I don't use my sword quite some time and I want to sharpen my skill before the real battle. I don't plan on challenging anyone in duel during battle, but sometimes you couldn't help it."
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby One Sun Mirror » 08 Apr 2017, 13:23

Han1977
"Frankly, I hope a whole lot of the dastardly bureaucrats in the capital are upended in the current conflict. It'll do the Empire a world of good to be done with their wretched kind. If anything, the Son of Heaven needs some proper guidance and a good kick in the backside to set him straight," Gongsun Ji said, casually toeing the line of treasonous speech.

"If you must, you may call me brother, though we have hardly known each other long... and we clash and disagree terribly on many matters. But perhaps that makes us more akin to brothers after all?" Ji spoke, grinning lopsidedly to himself.
Han1977 wrote:"By the way, I don't see your friends around. You know those who were in your group during the skirmish. I want to spar with them. I don't use my sword quite some time and I want to sharpen my skill before the real battle. I don't plan on challenging anyone in duel during battle, but sometimes you couldn't help it."

"My comrades at arms were, as I reported, very competent warriors. Perhaps they have other tasks to attend to? Perhaps they are honing their own fighting skills? One can only wonder. Yet I am sure that if the opportunity arose for them to show you first hand their skill, that they would jump at the chance," Ji said. "You might see if they can come to the training yards tomorrow. Jian Bian especially looked upon you with some distaste after your interjection at the debriefing," Ji growled, a dark-humoured grin spreading across his face. "Though I think it might even take the two of us to bring him down."

**Others welcome to come spar, fight, boast and bully at their leisure**
Gongsun Ji 83–53–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Han1977 » 16 Apr 2017, 06:58

"Jian Bian? That's the one who left the meeting earlier right? I would be happy to have a duel with him one on one. I feel my body need some beating to get it back in shape.", Huang Dong laughed.

"Let's see if we can see one of your comrades tomorrow. For now, let's just focus on these youngling. I can see many began to lose their shape after few rounds of spar."
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Previous

Return to Simzhou