Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Re: Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Postby Xu Yuan » 11 Feb 2017, 18:43

cjh1k2004 wrote:Liyan: "My parents died from some disease... Whether it was related to the rebellion, I don't know. Brother Yan didn't tell us very much when it happened."

But at Cai Bin's mention of possession, she looked at Cai Bin with a look of disbelief on her face.

Liyan: "Possession? Is that even real?"

Liyan shook her head.

Liyan: "Brother has not "lashed out" at people, not to my knowledge, and not until today. The visions made him more... strange, yes. Shortly after he was promoted to a Captain, he began talking about things that we didn't know what to make of. He spoke of some Matriarch in Wu Ling, the making of his strange bow, and something about the Miao... This is why I was surprised you started talking about them.

Meixiu and I didn't know what to make of what brother Jiang Yan was talking about. We just knew that the cause had to be those dreams he were having - We thought that he was starting to get his dreams and reality mixed up, or something. We did try to talk him out of having any more of these dreams, but he always brushed us off saying that we were worrying too much. At the very least, he seemed very normal when talking to Meixiu and I.

He's only recently become even worse, after the whole issue with the previous magistrate... I spoke to brother about this a month ago. I told him that he needed to get back to his senses, and put an end to those unhealthy visions. He told me that going deeper into these visions were the only way he could save Wan from the rebels now..."

Cai Bin clicked his tongue and solemnly shook his head. "Examine the evidence, young lady. You have not known your brother to know anything of the Miao, nor did he have a teacher to progress his skills. When I spoke to him today he mentioned a "bargain with the devil"; that is not ordinary speech. Look around this room, this is not simple madness, this runs deeper. Simple madness does not know language it has never seen. It does not know a culture is has never heard of before. Dreams are often linked with the communication of spirits, if a spirit wishes it can attempt to push out or co-habitate the spirit of the dreamer." He turned to face the young girl, looking directly into her eyes and his words spoken with the utmost graveness. "I did not believe it until today myself, but it seems clear. He cannot go deeper. He will lose himself entire. This is a possession and if Jiang Yan hands his soul over to this other being you will lose your brother forever."

He looked between Dai Ren and Jiang Liyan; "Rest assured. It is a boon that if he was made to lose control it was in front an educated man. Others would simply see him as mad and immediately rise to defend themselves, or worse." His eyes were filled with understanding as he again focused on the Captain's sister. "I am fond of your brother, young lady. I do not wish to see anything untoward happen to him. He was the first to stand by me as this crisis began and treated me with great respect in the past. Even today his mannerisms, while they were confused, were exemplary before the possession took him fully." He turned to the other Captain present. "Captain Dai, are there any priests or shrine keepers that could assist the ailing Captain?"
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 559
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby ShadInquis » 11 Feb 2017, 19:06

Dong Zhou: I think we could wrap it up with Li Min here.

"It sure brings back memories of the farm. Well, I guess before trying to find things in the town, it would be good practice to try and fix this room and then this building.

And... thank you again."

Xu Yuan and crowd
Completely oblivious to all the confusion his sister had to sort out, Li Sheng kept looking for the elusive sergeant. quite befitting a spymaster, he was nowhere to be found, though some soldiers muttered that maybe he was just ill and not actually in the garrison. Somewhat irritated that he could not fulfil his first order through no fault of his own, Li Sheng finally paid more attention to his surroundings. The somewhat worried, confused and then frightened voices from one of the areas caught his attention. Something worth investigating.

Getting there, Li Sheng found himself in a very bizarre company. One of the old officials in the city. Li Sheng saw his face before, in his previous line of work, but never knew his name. The old man was one of the few officials not to deal with the smugglers. Didn't mean he was clean, but at least he was maybe not as bad as the others. At this point in time the man appeared quite shaken.

Then there were two officers of the garrison, one of them unconscious. The other appeared alert, worried confused about the situation. And then there was the girl, not unlike Min, which was slowly talking to the official.

This was all very strange and irritating. There was no obvious enemy to attack, but the situation was clearly not normal. Gathering some more information could be useful. Still keeping some distance, Li Sheng approached the strange group closer.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby Han1977 » 11 Feb 2017, 21:43

Mat wrote: ...
"They will listen even if he will not. I have faith in the people of Wan and will not agree to a second meeting until I have spoken with his supporters themselves."

Huang Dong nodded, "Well... an elder, Captain Liu..., they tend to accumulate honor, while losing other aspect in their life at the same time. Especially in Master Dao Lang's case, where he lost most of his wealth. He has nothing left but a bit of honor. I guess, he would be easily offended and the wound is hard to heal. You need to approach him, in much more humble way, if you want to heal his wounded ego, that is."

"I will wait the good news then. If you manage to reduce Master Dao Lang's supporters and see that it is unnecessary to appeal to the old merchant, then so be it."

"My only wish is to see the administration of Wan functioning as soon as possible. We don't have much time to prepare for the upcoming battle."
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby UnholyBlade » 11 Feb 2017, 23:20

((ayeyaiyai, do I have a lot to catch up on. Sorry, weekends are the worst for me. And sorry again if this seems a bit rushed, trying to keep up with you young whippersnappers is no easy feat!))

Dai Ren exhaled and put his sword away as the minister got as close to babbling as Ren assumed he ever had. So this was another of the captains moods. Ren knew of the other captains fits, but the man always seemed to be able to isolate himself and keep the incidents contained. What did the minister do? Did anyone have to do anything? Ren never paid Jiang Yan's fits much mind, as he knew it was out of his realm of expertise. He stood firm as Liyan grabbed onto him, the girl was light and his stance firm. The Miao? What did they have to do with this? He helped the girl move the unconscious man onto the bed and backed away from the body, to give Liyan space to approach. Listening to Cai Bin speak about his studies in the capital was interesting in fact.

Hearing the aging minister bring up the question of demons and exorcists however turned Dai Ren's stomach and furrowed his brow, though he remained silent. Surely that nonsense was just nonsense, surely? Jiang Yan was a good man. Taking employment in a position that would likely result in him getting hurt or killed to provide for his sisters. Being the eldest when the parents were deceased. No demon would try to take such a good man. Surely there were evil, wretched men elsewhere that would be more suitable?

"Perhaps. I know of a small buddhist sect in the eastern section of the city. Shouldn't we talk to him first though? Perhaps he will know..." he trailed off as Li Sheng approached, eyeing the newcomer. This situation, the possibility of demons actually existing, and the uncertainty of how to proceed with it all compounded one another. It left Dai Ren being close to unsettled. "And you are?"
Dai Ren(26) 87-71-80-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current RPs - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby ShadInquis » 12 Feb 2017, 00:10

Approaching closer, the situation was even more confusing than before. Some talk of demons and other nonsense Li Sheng knew full well did not exist. He knew humans that were capable of far worse things than any imaginary demons.
Me? I am Li Sheng, the new recruit, I guess. Still trying to find my supposed command. I heard voices which appeared out of place in the garrison. I was worried my sister caused trouble again, but it seems it was not the case. Is she yours?

I guess we have more pressing matters: we seem to have a not very healthy looking officer there. Might be best to move him somewhere better, so his present appearance does not cause rumours and sap morale.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby cjh1k2004 » 12 Feb 2017, 02:02

The large assembled group

Before anyone else could reply, however, a voice spoke weakly.

Jiang Yan: "Prevent rumours...? You're several months too late... The men already call me the Mad Captain."

So it had appeared Jiang Yan had woken up, his demeanour once again reverting to the Jiang Yan that most of the officers knew. He tried to get up into at least a sitting position, but at the same time Liyan was trying to push him down, exhorting him to rest.

Jiang Yan: "Minister Cai... I am truly sorry. That other "me" has not intruded so deeply into my thoughts before today... The loss of control is entirely my responsibility."

Jiang Yan then seemed to register the presence of the others in the room, including the presence of the unfamiliar young man.

Jiang Yan: "Captain Dai? Liyan? What are you doing here...? And who are you...?"

Liyan, now holding down Jiang Yan in a near death-grip and almost sobbing, seemed all to ready to explode and lay into her brother, but she did not seem able to find the words to do it. For his part, Jiang Yan seemed calm again, and the twitching seemed to had stopped, at least temporarily.
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Xu Yuan » 12 Feb 2017, 18:11

cjh1k2004 wrote:The large assembled group

Before anyone else could reply, however, a voice spoke weakly.

Jiang Yan: "Prevent rumours...? You're several months too late... The men already call me the Mad Captain."

So it had appeared Jiang Yan had woken up, his demeanour once again reverting to the Jiang Yan that most of the officers knew. He tried to get up into at least a sitting position, but at the same time Liyan was trying to push him down, exhorting him to rest.

Jiang Yan: "Minister Cai... I am truly sorry. That other "me" has not intruded so deeply into my thoughts before today... The loss of control is entirely my responsibility."

Jiang Yan then seemed to register the presence of the others in the room, including the presence of the unfamiliar young man.

Jiang Yan: "Captain Dai? Liyan? What are you doing here...? And who are you...?"

Liyan, now holding down Jiang Yan in a near death-grip and almost sobbing, seemed all to ready to explode and lay into her brother, but she did not seem able to find the words to do it. For his part, Jiang Yan seemed calm again, and the twitching seemed to had stopped, at least temporarily.

The assembled party

Cai Bin listened with his eyes closed to Dai Ren's suggestion, his voice regained its statesman-like authority. "Yes... travelers from abroad as the reports show. There did appear to be a priest-like figure listed among the occupations of that party. Or so my Aides reported. It may be worth the opportunity to speak with them. I do agree that we should wait for Captain Jiang to return to us first, before we pursue other avenues."

Suddenly, a voice came from behind Cai Bin as he turned to face the new comer. A voice he had recognized when the voice was a bit younger. "Young Master Li, I did not expect to see you at this time." As he finished speaking, Jiang Yan returned to face the Captain Jiang as a relieved sigh was heard from the elder. "You have nothing to apologize for Jiang Yan. You are not responsible for this aberration that seeks to undo all you have accomplished." Cai Bin decided it may be a good idea to introduce Li Sheng. "This, Captain Jiang is a new recruit to the Garrison, Young Master Li Sheng. He has a knack for activities that require stealth, you will find him a useful ally." He nodded his head to the young man before turning back to the Captain. He allowed the others to explain their purpose, as he was unsure himself how the man's sister and another Captain were in such close vicinity.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby ShadInquis » 12 Feb 2017, 22:07

Li Sheng was surprised when the old official introduced him. Perhaps his reputation spread further than he knew He still could not remember the official's name though.

"Apologies, but I have not seen you in my previous line of work. You are?"

Turning to the somewhat insane officer, who was in effect just named by the official as "Captain Jiang".

"I am glad to know you are feeling better already, captain. It's good know it's nothing serious then. It's not like being a little mad could ever be a problem."
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 13 Feb 2017, 17:34

Dai Ren nodded to the newcomer, then moved back alongside Liyan as Jiang Yan attempted to sit up, putting a hand on her shoulder as she forced him to lay on the bed. "Easy." he said. He turned his head to look at Li Sheng over his shoulder, his expression darkening slightly as he listened. The man's comments came uncomfortably close to being disrespectful or sarcastic. "I am captain Dai. Captain Jiang." he said nodding towards his bedridden companion. "And this is his sister, this is Minister Cai." He gestured to the others. "This is a commonly known affliction the captain suffers from, but I trust you'll keep this private. he said addressing Li Sheng. "Tongues have enough to wag about as it is. Captain, how are you feeling?"
Current RPs - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby cjh1k2004 » 15 Feb 2017, 12:03

OOC: Sorry for the late reply! I was tied up with several days of forest work, so I only just had some time to catch my breath properly!

The big party in Jiang Yan's room

Jiang Yan nodded slowly. It seemed that for now, his lucidity had returned to him.

Jiang Yan: "I see. In any case, it is still my fault you almost came to harm. Please, feel free to recommend whatever punishment you see fit to Captain Liu. I remember what happened, though I managed to wrest back control just in time...

It is as I said to you earlier. I'm paying the devil's price for delving too deep into these dreams. I've learnt much, but the influence of the "other me" grows stronger the more I try to learn from his experiences...

I thought it would be better if I limited my time spent asleep to prevent the dreams from invading my mind too much, but I see now that was a grave mistake."

That at least seemed to explain Jiang Yan's tired and defeated demeanour to Cai Bin. Perhaps knocking Jiang Yan out for awhile helped slightly in that regard? Jiang Yan then addressed the newcomer to the garrison.

Jiang Yan: "My name is Captain Jiang Yan, Li Sheng. One of the four captains of the garrison... I think you've already met one other, Captain Dai here, yes? My charge in the garrison is internal security and archery, the latter duty of which I share with Captain Dai here..."

He sighed, as he patted Liyan on the head.

Jiang Yan: "I will be fine, Liyan. I've always told you that, you worry too mu-"

Liyan: "No! You are clearly not fine! Imagine what would have happened if Dai Ren and I hadn't decided to come visit... I told you those dreams were bad news, and you still didn't listen, and now look what happened! I..."

Liyan's beratement of her brother seemed to go on and on, and it was all that Jiang Yan could do to appease her while patting her head as he gave a tired and apologetic look to the others.
90-81-60-30-29
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Xu Yuan » 15 Feb 2017, 13:55

OOC: No problem.

Cai Bin approached the matter gently waiting for the younger sister to finish reprimanding her brother. Cai Bin began to think is this how normal siblings treat one another? He never had a family. Though he had his own chldren, well... his thoughts snapped back to the situation at hand as the young lady finished berating her brother. His face filled with concern. Sympathy overflowed through his voice. "Captain Jiang... do you wish to remedy this woe? Were it not I, but a more combative person with whom you lost control, I shudder to think of the consequences. It haunts your very dreams and makes each round of sleep even more threatening than the last. These events fully explain why you have the look of a..." He stopped, unsure if he should say this.

"Of a prisoner, rather than of a Captain of the Guard. I believe that somewhere in Wan there must be someone who can help you with this ailment. A Taoist Priest, a Monk, or a Shrine Keeper that have read widely on this phenomenon. I simply do not want you to lose yourself, Jiang Yan." He gave a wayward look towards his younger sister, a sad looking girl whose earnest appeals to her brother struck a chord with the old politician, he kept his eyes focused on her to make a point to the Guard Captain. "You have too much to live for to throw your sense of self away."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby UnholyBlade » 15 Feb 2017, 19:32

((Forest work? Sounds intriguing. No worries though))

These exchanges between the siblings were not something Dai Ren had much experience with. He had no siblings of his own, and families staying together in the army were uncommon. "I agree. This isn't something we can afford to lose you to. I suggest you rest, even if you are well at the moment. Perhaps, it would be wise to allow your sister to help. Or for you to seek it out, if you are as worried as we are." He eyed the door, now that they had confirmed there was no danger, he was tempted to leave and rest himself. This had not been something he had been expecting to deal with today, and coupled with the conversation with the others had left him fatigued.
Current RPs - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby cjh1k2004 » 16 Feb 2017, 17:20

Jiang Yan shook his head, as Liyan had finished her rant and was now sitting on the bed half-sobbing and half-pouting.

Jiang Yan: "I.. don't think it'll be effective, Minister Cai. I don't feel this is supernatural in nature. That other "me" is just as mundane as I am. Perhaps this is fate, or the Heavens are testing me. Or perhaps this is mystical in nature, but not originating from "here" but from "there"...?

Wait, why did I even say that? Urgh..."

Jiang Yan shook his head again. He looked up just as Liyan seemed to be about to open her mouth to continue railing at Jiang Yan.

Jiang Yan: "... Perhaps you are right. I will see someone. A mystic of some sort, maybe... But only to the point where I am able to continue my duties, though. I fear that if I drive "him" out completely, I will lose any skill I have now that I have gained from "his" memories..."

Of course, Jiang Yan was being stubborn. Maybe the captain had grown used to having his skills and abilities, or maybe it was out of some kind of misguided sense of duty... But it seemed the Mad Captain would not willingly abandon his madness yet, if it was indeed tied to the abilities that he possessed now. He turned to Dai Ren and Li Sheng, and tried to bow apologetically to them.

Jiang Yan: "I do regret that I have alarmed the both of you... Perhaps it was fortuitous that you two and Liyan came when you did, or Minister Cai might not be still standing healthy in front of us. Which reminds me, though... Liyan, why did you bring Captain Dai here? And Minister, you came to see me to ask me something, right...?

Liyan raised her head at Jiang Yan's question. Wiping away her tears, she composed herself slightly before answering.

Liyan: "I... was bringing Captain Dai to see Meixiu and you. I thought she was here in the garrison..."
90-81-60-30-29
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Postby Bradums » 16 Feb 2017, 19:02

Dong Zhou wrote:Li Jun was surprised at Liang's vague dreams. Everyone had dreams be it to get the girl/man, to be the greatest in something, fame, fortune, to know someone high up, to slay someone, to get revenge. She supposed making the world a better place was a dream but the way he made it sound... so clerky. Or at least how she assumed clerks dreamed.

When she spoke, it was matter of factly.

"If we survive the rebels invasion, we will have to build for the next phase of the war, retaking Xiang Yang and then turning north. It will be awhile before the garrison returns to peace and thus resources for the city will be spent on funding the war more then giving people a better life."

Her tone took on a tinge of sadness as she considered the regime most of the guards had lived under. The regime she had lived under. She had kept away from what she called the civil officers as much as possible, she knew that area wasn't a strength and she could get shown up so she preferred the streets. When the guards had to be involved with others, she had always managed to push the task onto the other captains.

"Besides how good was life in Wan before? This is not the first revolt to touch Wan, we had a corrupt magistrate and most of our civil service served during that corruption. Will things really get better outside of the relief of not facing an invasion? Or will there be just the same all over again? I don't know the chief civil officers here personally so you may be better placed to judge but do you believe things are going to be that different?"

Li Jun laughed good naturedly at Zhou Liang's reply on marriage, she wondered what the noble girls would think of his considering them not quite as important.

"Just remember, if you let your personal life be put aside till the troubles pass, you may find your hair has gone white and all the things you meant to do, it will be too late. Time passes a lot quicker then one ever thinks it will."

Had Li Jun known Zhou Liang was a civil officer and a noble, she would have fetched Jiang Yan to scare him off from training the guards. Being unaware of what he was at start, being in an area where she had the element of control and that Liang had yet to react badly to some of her more panicky or unthinking responses, she was relaxing. He seemed a nice young lad and not as stiff as she would have expected though she did wonder how he would change in, say, five years as real life taught it's harsh lessons.

[OOC: Sorry! Sorrrrry! I was on vacation for a week without a computer, but I'm back in full swing.]

With a laugh, Liang ran a hand across his neatly pulled-back hair. "I think I'd look stately with white hair," he joked, "But I see your point. I'm still new to the world at large, I guess you could say. It'll take me some time to get used to this."

Sighing slightly, he lamented the situation a bit. As he said, he wasn't much of a participant in Wan's everyday affairs. The young noble was fairly sheltered until being sheltered was no longer a possibility.

"It's true...we've had some issues. Corruption seems to be a plague, in Wan and elsewhere. It's hard to trust our officials to do the right thing, especially after the previous magistrate abandoned everyone and took a small fortune with him," Zhou Liang admitted.

Gesturing with a subtle hand movement toward the training conscripts, he went on to say, "It doesn't help that on top of all that, we have a rebel army preparing to invade Wan, but I like to think there's room for hope. We'll soon have a new magistrate, new officials, and our backs will be up against the wall. It's literally a 'do or die' scenario. We'll either come out stronger for it, or we'll all burn together."

It sounded grim, but he was a realist, not a poet or a motivational speaker. The truth was in the verbage...Wan was essentially cleaning house and starting fresh with a new administration, for the most part, and a new 'army'. Either they'd benefit from the rebirth or the rebels would destroy them all. There was no middle ground, so there was no reason to stress over the variables or hypotheticals.
V6 Pregame: Zhou Liang (20) 30-80-70-71-70
Acumen, Charming, Duelist(e), Fortunate, Weaponmaster
The Arsenio Hall to Liu Shentong's Eddie Murphy

Coming in v6: Jiang Xu zi Xinguang
Bradums
I am Man-Pretty!

Kingdom: Wan

Postby Xu Yuan » 16 Feb 2017, 19:58

Cjh1k2004, UnholyBlade, ShadInquis

The young man had said he would seek help from a Mystic, but there still seemed to be this longing to communicate with this "other" him since it is what had given him his skills and abilities. There was inherent danger in this, but Cai Bin realized that he could not move the Captain's mind on this aspect. He sighed lightly and gave a sympathetic gaze towards the "Mad Captain". "Do not suffer in silence. We will help see you through this. If you feel you must maintain this bond, then there is nothing I can do, since this has occurred though with a potentially dreadful outcome, it has shown the vigilance you must take to guard against this other being's influence. I am pleased to hear that you will seek the aid of a Mystic to help you." Cai Bin rubbed his white wispy beard, wracking his mind for any priest, magician, or sage that he personally knew, but they are all often aloof fellows and he had not been seen for some time.

Jiang Yan's mention of his purpose today seemed to awaken Cai Bin from a reverie. "Oh! Yes, of course. I came today to inquire about a rumor I heard from one of my Aides. They mentioned that there's tale of a lady warrior who is not properly part of the Garrison, nor yet an officer of the city who is chiefly seen by your side who is known to challenge the troops to single combat. As you may know I am gathering records of all people of talent within Wan as we will need the assistance of all people to challenge the rebels, everyone must exert their utmost." He looked to the ceiling as an amused look showed. "It wouldn't be Lady Jiang would it?" She didn't look the part of a warrior, but looks can be deceiving.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-63-95-85 (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou