Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Re: Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Postby Xu Yuan » 13 Aug 2017, 02:26

UnholyBlade wrote:Dai Ren frowned at the comments about this Ju Long and his propensity for breeding. His allies had odd tastes in jokes, though his being smitten was a ridiculous construct in Ren's mind. The thought of letting affections drive your life was not something he was interested in the least. "I remember the younger of the captain's sisters having a fondness for herbs and medicine. If he hasn't recovered yet, Liyan would likely be tending to him in the infirmary. I would like to keep this private, and I'm sure captain Jiang would be given a private room to rest. Perhaps we should attend to this sooner than later. "

Dong Zhou wrote:Li Jun shrugged, she still wasn't sure raising the Jiang family's notice was a good idea but Cai Bin was more experienced in these matters.

"As you wish Minister, we will go see the Jiang family."

Cai Bin nodded firmly to both Captains. "If my orders were attended to he is being kept abreast of his soldiers for the moment, it was part of my express orders to the soldiers who handled the situation to tell the Captain's sister to keep him calm and bound. If my orders were followed Captain Jiang should be kept under lock and key by a combination of the garrison's soldiers and those of his personal unit, Lady Jiang Meixiu has temporary command in this regard, I expect that Jiang Liyan has explained to her the situation." The elder rose from his seated position, "We make for Captain Jiang's office. We will ask there first. If my trust was misplaced and he has escaped, then there will likely be no attempt at remonstrance..." He looked down, hoping that the situation hadn't deteriorated so heavily.

Without another word the aged advisor made his way over to the section of the garrison normally lead by Jiang Yan, now under command of Jiang Meixiu who was given temporary reign over the garrison's governance. Despite the possible danger he walked confidently and assured in his mission, assuming by his side was the Captains Li Jun and Dai Ren. As he approached the office door, he made known his intentions, his tone matched the gravity of the situation. "Senior Political Advisor Cai Bin, Captain Dai Ren, and Captain Li Jun desires an audience with Recruiting Chief Jiang Meixiu, Captain Jiang Yan, and the Lady Jiang Liyan. There are issues of state which must be addressed."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Dong Zhou » 13 Aug 2017, 07:41

As they left her office, Li Jun had been careful to ensure she had her sword by her side before falling into line alongside Dai Ren. She wasn't expecting trouble but she would be foolish not to have a weapon on hand at the best of times and these were not the best of times.
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby UnholyBlade » 13 Aug 2017, 10:16

Dai Ren did not think twice about Li Jun grabbing a weapon. He rarely went anywhere without his sword. Ren found that he felt as if he was missing something without the familiar weight of a sword belt around his waist. As the senior Minster announced the trio 's presence,
Dai Ren assumed his parade rest stance as they waited.
Dai Ren 87-74*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current RP - 0
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby Kun Tiao » 16 Aug 2017, 16:58

It was time to respond to the officials, but it simply wasn't right something for Meixiu doing it their way.

"Dear sister, I heard you. I have words to say, and we need to talk, and I will, I am sure, talk to our brother.

Still the officials are waiting, and I feel it undue that they meet with our brother when he is bound.
I ask you to stay with our brother when I go out to them and listen what they say.
I will relay everything to you as I return. Or come out with me, as you consider it."

Once outside, the office, Meixiu will greet the officials:
"Advisor, Captains, I am here to talk to you and to listen everything you have come to say.
It may be better if we will not meet with my brother right this way and right now but instead proceed to an other room where I listen to the issues you bring today."
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby Dong Zhou » 17 Aug 2017, 04:43

Li Jun nodded as they were greeted by Meixiu, she was relieved at the thought of not saying it in front of Jiang Yan though that still didn't stop the conversation ahead from having many problems. She whispered to Cai Bin.

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Xu Yuan » 17 Aug 2017, 12:50

Cai Bin bowed his head lightly to the young woman who emerged. "Recruiting Chief Jiang Meixiu; I had intended to meet with you in person before these circumstances became dire, but the opportunity never presented itself. You have made the Garrison and the surrounding districts sanctuary against whatever may occur beyond them. The situation currently appears stable..." His tone became dark; "But we are all aware that will not last. Precautions and preparations have been taken, your design appears to be progressing smoothly, you have done honor to your temporary office of Garrison Organizer." As he finished speaking the female Captain whispered something to Cai Bin which caused him to lightly nod his head in response before turning back to the Organizer. "Your concerns are well founded Chief Jiang." The elder moved in a little closer so that only the two captains and the chief could hear what he was saying.

"It is imperative that this meeting stay as confidential as possible, and I am aware your brother's guards excel in spying and subterfuge. If I may suggest that our guards stay posted outside of the door to prevent this scenario, we will gladly follow with you. If this situation is not assented to, we will find another way to conduct this meeting." He waited for the young Chief's response before making any more movements.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Kun Tiao » 18 Aug 2017, 16:55

Usually shy and silent, at least quiet, the... Chief... graciously stepped back to always observe all and every of the officials, and, her voice suddenly ardently metallic, spoke up addressing the guards with archers among them.

"Soldiers, military order, hear me.
Soldiers, you answer to me now as you answer to Captian Jiang.
Today no bow or sharp weapon should be given to Captain Jiang.
Today no order to attack anybody here or outside should be followed from Captain Jiang.
Should Captain Jiang somehow acquire a bow, this bow should be taken from him or broken, without fear and without harm to the captain, strictly.
Captain Jiang and my sister should be protected in case of any action against them, rather softly but up to whatever.

Advisor and Captains are officials of the city and also guests under my special protection, as long as no attack against Captain Jiang is started by them or under them.
They should have no trouble talking to me, and, should Captain Jiang and my sister come out to talk, talking to them.
They should have no trouble leaving when they so consider.
No immediate action, following them or against them, should be put immediately based on their words.
Change the watches, form of the eagle.
Around, below, above, inside - any activity outside of ordinary, face clearly without initiating collisions yourselves, without letting use any your weakness, report to me.
Follow."

Then she gestured the soldiers that stayed in visible presence to step further away from her and the officials.
Now again she talked to the officials, much more quietly, the way that little could be heard far outside, and totally not demanding, almost musically, but firmly nonetheless.

"Advisor, Captains, I believe I answered some of your questions. Let's now quietly discuss the rest of them.

In doing it, let's suppose you are talking both to Captain Jiang and to me, with me representing Captain in his absence right now.
I have trust in soldiers answering to Captain Jiang, and any expressed lack of such trust, as any expressed lack of trust as a beginning - seems really not quite a way.

I heard what happened in brief.
Exactly right now my brother is in his family, and you arrived, maybe, earlier, ... but we are here. From what I judge now, I suppose you bring intents and plans - but wait.

Based on reputation of Captain Jiang, people, the people of the city can take seriously both him and me, look at me now with mixed fear, intrigue and anticipation.
You say we can not simply wait here.
I have no trouble riding towards the people. They will speak with me and hear me. If need be, I will answer them.
Let them relay their fears, their demands, their wishes.
Once I know I will answer, do, know, whatever. Of course there is danger, but danger is always near. I've done what I could be now, I'll do what I can from now.

And let this be clear, I don't put actions or orders of my brother under scrutiny while at times I can prefer he acts a different way.
The trick of my assignment, even into a position that only suddenly turned significant, for me can only be explained by Grand Administrators trust in my brother.
Who I am to question it and who I am to let it seriously be questioned. But now I act as I must act, with safety of the city and the struggle of Grand Administrator being what I struggle for.
Captain Jiang will perhaps answer to Grand Administarator in their due time and in their way.
And right now there is no questioning his position, this also must be clear. There are concerns, but they are not for right today.
I know words to say how, in form, there is nothing to say against Captain at all. And you also know these words, I have no doubt.

I am not wise - so far I only did what I could from the place where I happened to be when it started and when I didn't even know clearly, what and where happened.
The way I suggested regarding the riot now included only what should possibly I do, but we all can act together, uniting our efforts in one or different directions.
Of course you view things much deeper than I possibly could. Likely you have plans - sure not what I, perhaps, misread in what you said by now.
I don't inisist on my thoughts what to do at all - I only insist that our talk has no threat to Captain Jiang's standing.

Now in our talk - here, or in a room without soldiers present - no matter, really no worry here unless you say what anybody at all rather shouldn't hear,
I'd call this large hall quite a quiet place either, and, again, here are no opponents to each other - and, even should any wish or do consider there are, it seems to be not quite the very time for any discord at all.
And your talk can always be complex to the point you make it, if it is really what you believe to be required in whatever presence.
So, Advisor, Captains, let's come if you please, and to you now I listen."

So saying, she made a pair of light steps around and stopped still; nimble, swift and fluid.
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Dong Zhou » 19 Aug 2017, 06:09

OC: Liked the style, makes me think of... something mystical but can't pin it down.

Li Jun glanced at Dai Ren as Meixiu addressed the guards, was this enough? Li Jun was uneasy at the idea of not having their own guards here to keep an eye on Jiang Yan. Li Jun however didn't wish to force the issue yet and was soon distracted by Meixiu's speech, it felt like she spoke as she moved and Li Jun wondered if that was true of the guards in a different way. Meixu skipped moved nimbly, so did her words while guards dug their feet into ground and were solid, so were the words, plodding and lacking fluency.

When she talked of not questioning Jiang Yan's position, Li Jun shook her head and bluntly answered without thinking.

"This is not a matter of what you want and what you think is appropriate? Matters of state are not always what we wish and that includes your brother's position and his future."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby UnholyBlade » 19 Aug 2017, 13:29

With his hands clasped behind him, Dai Ren waited silently as the whispering was done in front of him. It was just as well, he was never too fond of secrets. Secrets were more trouble than they were worth. It came as a surprise to him, then, when Jiang Meixu addressed this portion of the garrison as a whole. Dai Ren found himself approving of such a direct method. As they were lead to the hall, Dai Ren noticed Li Jun's glance before she spoke. ThoughJiang Meixu's tone of voice had a melodic quality to it, it was in stark contrast to the blunt and flat tone of his.

"Personal feelings aside, Chief, Captain Jiang's health is affecting his command. If he is not fit for his station, then it needs to be addressed. That is why we are here."
Dai Ren 87-74*-81-20-30
Current RP - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Xu Yuan » 20 Aug 2017, 12:35

Cai Bin's eyes shined as he listened with heavy intent to the young lady's forceful and forthright speech to the assembled garrison. The manner and methods put into the speech were appreciated by Cai Bin who now understood fully why the Grand Administrator had made the choice to make this relative youth the Recruiting Chief. The bow the elder gave her was more pronounced and noticeable. "Such command and force of will, Chief Jiang. You combine filial piety with proper military rules to affect the situation, beyond that you hold the measure of the men and understand the weakness of their hearts; that being impatience and trepidation and have specifically noted this so that they are aware that their commander sympathizes with their plight but is not willing to indulge their idiosyncrasies."

The elder nodded his head at the mention of a perceived lack of trust from Captain Jiang's men. She had also made clear that she will act as Jiang Yan's representative. "I agree on both accounts. You are more than capable of acting as your currently addled brother's representative and it is only proper that his troop should answer to you in the wake of the situation."

The conversation soon turned to the Captain's reputation and the lady's future plans. A bemused look showed on the senior advisor's face. He was not expecting such a well thought out reasoning for actions taken. His tone made clear that he was impressed. "That is a worthy objective Chief Jiang. It is less naive than the previous attempt to do so and holds with it the promise of possible healing. Should you wish to take this course I will stand by your side and provide whatever aid my talents can bring. We can plan out the exact movements at a later time." What was it about this family? By all account they arose from very little but each member seemed to possess a measure of charm and dignity that even the higher clans now lacked. Cai Bin did not expect today to pledge his aid in such a direct manner to an Acting-Chief.

Before long, the Captain's fate came into purview and the lady spoke in no uncertain terms, before he could respond the Captain by his side made her short, terse, but meaningful case. He turned back to the Chief, his tone soft and understanding. "Captain Li is correct. I understand your desire to protect your brother as it is proper filial piety and accords fully with the rites. But these are matters of state. The Grand Administrator's words on the situation cannot be known without his express permission, surely though the Captain's recent actions have put a strain upon the trust that the Grand Administrator has gifted him. That said, you have spoken correctly. No one here has the authority to remove Captain Jiang Yan's seal of office. You may fully speak your mind as we shall do so. We will however make our concerns known to the Grand Administrator."

Before long they had made their way to a large empty hall and the lady had made it clear this was where the discussions would take place. Though her words made her appear more mature, her movements revealed the bloom of youth with nimble and graceful movements which fit a child of that age. But as she stopped to again face the officials, her bearing became as serious as her brother's own. Cai Bin matched his countenance with her own, attending to a statesman's posture.

Captain Dai Ren was the first to speak after they had been lead into the hall. The bureaucrat nodded his head to the man's short appeal. "There are no doubts in Captain Dai's words. The situation outside of the Garrison's walls at the moment appears to stable, but only just so. It sits upon a short string that could rip under the slightest bit of tension. We do not know where the next outbreak of rioters will appear, but we must be ready." He let those words hang in the air as his tone changed to a teacher's own. "Captain Jiang Yan has injured the public's faith in him through the slaughter of liaisons, exposing of their bodies in the market square, his threats towards prominent dissenters who are still part of our State-Family, his actions in regards to the Riots and his disavowal of his duty in front of me when your sister and I went to confront him." The old man shut his eyes and shook his head. "Under normal circumstance those actions would result in harsh repercussions, but these are not normal times." He turned to his assembled party and the Chief. "I would hear from each of you suggestions to take as of this moment unto this situation; prepare for all eventualities. We do not know what the future will bring."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Kun Tiao » 21 Aug 2017, 16:51

Minutes ago the young Chief did not really expect her orders and speech to be backed by the advisor to this degree. Now she spoke, while with inner fire, without raising here voice and without stressing any particular aspect of her position here.

"I merely occasionally had a privilege to observe my brother and now I imagined how his speech could sound.

To, before we speak what to do in general, answer you, captain Dai, there are more and less harsh opinions on how to treat threats to the State. If I asked myself what I follow, I believe for the most time we don't need to be harsh at all. But Captain Jiang treated the matters of threats in his harsher perceivement. Captain Jiang is the harsher face of the administration. I am not happy that he is and that he chose it, but administrations do have harsh faces and I, while not easily, can agree that there is also care about people.

Whether and how Captain can follow his duties, not only should wait Grand Administrator in form, but also any doubts would rather do little good in facing the people of the city, those who support, those who rely, those who oppose, those who are in doubt. Anything here will only lose ground, giving a feeling of victory to those who oppose at the streets. This their first feeling of victory will only make things harder and harder for us all.

Actually so far Captain will be with his family, while, for the city, there are no change and no official remark, and, be I not me, I also see no better way about it, so let me suggest we consider this resolved for now.

Speaking about our next action in facing the city, while the circumstances have assembled certain decisions the way I also would object to in an other day, I am obviously the junior here in all aspects. It must be an imperative for me to, before suggesting my plan further, listen to the way you perceive what is around, what we have, what me miss and what could be best to do, Captains."

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Dong Zhou » 22 Aug 2017, 06:26

Li Jun was impressed by Cai Bin's diplomacy and mastery of language, one that was far beyond her abilities and she knew would always be beyond her. When Meixiu mentioned Jiang Yan was harsh, Li Jun shook her head, she was eloquent and filial but Li Jun could not agree with her and she spoke firmly.

"Jiang Yan antagonises the city, his judgement of when to be hard and when it is excess has gone. If we persuade our lord to place Jiang Yan in the barracks now, we can get him help and repair the damage he has done to public order, if we leave it then the path Jiang Yan is following will mean he will end up being arrested and then we can do nothing to help him."

Li Jun doubted she had the ability to sugar this so she hoped blunt honesty would go down well.

"The matter is indeed resolved. Come what may, I will go to our Lord, set out the case for my old friend to be pulled from public service and confined to barracks so he can be helped. The only question is if the Jiang family will help or not but I fear hoping he gets better by himself is risking his life on a miracle."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Kun Tiao » 22 Aug 2017, 16:19

This answer to Li Jun was a lot easier. The fire within Meixiu was now rather like water, flowing and calming, yet still strong.

"Captain Li, you will present the cause to Grand Administrator the way you will. I did not say nothing should be done, I did not say I am not intending to attempt something. We are at the barracks, more or less, if this makes anything for you. If you have solid thoughts what is happening, and what really good might be done, I am listening to you either.

I also did not say Captain Jiang misjudged what to do, and I did not say he did. I need both to know and to learn more in order to know for myself what to say about Captain Jiang's orders, still his orders did not start the riot, please correct me if it did not begin because of collecting taxes.

I did not make my full judgement of what is required in regard to Captain Jiang - here this hour, this day, next day and further, but I made my judgement that your judgement, Captain Li, is early.

And if to riots at the streets the officials say "please excuse us, some of us were wrong to attack you, good people", correct me indeed, I believe, they are not doing good.

Still, Captain Li, I was really seeking your say on different question.
Other than the point "let's raise the issue of Captain Jiang", which you will, indeed, present to Grand Administrator, and where maybe I and, maybe, Captain Jiang will have more to say in later hours or days, Captain Li, how do you judge the situation in the city, the strong and weak points of... the rioters and the administration? I got certain thoughts, but, indeed, I need to know the situation the way you judge it, I do."

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby UnholyBlade » 23 Aug 2017, 16:56

Dai Ren was impressed with how Jiang Meixu. this young girl, handled herself around her elders. He figured the girl cannot have seen more than twenty winters at the most, and yet here she was defending her brother and her position against the criticisms leveled toward her. The Jiang clan as a whole was very capable, even their middle sister had her merits. It seemed to him, however, the conversation was drifting away from their original purpose.

"I agree with you, a firm hand is needed just as often as an open, but we are losing our focus. We are in agreement that the captain needs to be reined in, he said, gesturing to himself, Li Jun and Cai Bin, , and we are all in agreement that his actions have not had the intended effects, but ultimately it will be up to Administrator Liu to decide. You are within your right to defend your brother, Chief, he is your blood. But you agree he needs to be checked for what has happened."

"When your brother is in his right mind, he is a model of what our soldiers should aspire to be. When he is healthy, he might be the best commander we have, as Captain Li says. We are here because he is not in his right mind, and that is not up for debate. Until he is deemed fit for command, and whatever affliction he has is gone, I say he should not be given sole command without supervision. "
Dai Ren 87-74*-81-20-30
Current RP - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Dong Zhou » 25 Aug 2017, 06:35

Li Jun nodded at the collection of taxes being to blame but visibly rolled her eyes when Meixiu said""please excuse us, some of us were wrong to attack you, good people"". She was not entirely sure if Meixiu was mocking her and so Li Jun made no attempt to hide her feelings of annoyance with her frown.

Dai Ren's intervention helped prevent Li Jun from answering back and Li Jun decided to keep her focus on the last question as less likely to provoke a row. She gave it some thought then answered.

"We needed a bright start and a sense of change, we got neither. Every piece of good news like beating the rebel patrol comes with something bad going on like the infighting that followed while bad news, including my own, just keeps hitting with no silver lining. Those constant bad moments mean we get no credibility or hope so it feels like we are in a constant circle of trouble. The way taxes were collected seems to be more of the same as the past government but Minister Cai is better placed to argue the civil issues of the unrest then me."

Li Jun moved onto the solutions but, being annoyed by Meixiu, she couldn't resist a reminder about the brother.

"We need to stop senior officers antagonising people, we need to recognize going hard is not the answer to every problem, we need to stop the careless mistakes and we need a sense of progress and change. We need a win."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou