Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Re: Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Postby Han1977 » 24 Mar 2017, 01:27

One Sun Mirror wrote:..."On the northern frontier, a rich fool's son would be imposed upon us now and again, and most would arrive with less talent than this lot-" he jerked his thumb back at the young men waving sticks about wildly, "and yet the kind of confidence that only the excessively wealthy possess. I have never met a good soldier who started out rich."

Huang Dong laughed, "Well..., I merely a son from a third concubine. My mother came from a poor family. She doesn't have someone who could support her position within our little family. Beauty passed along with time. Its even less valuable when your husband have the wealth and power to get whatever he want to."

There was no trace of bitterness as he told a bit of his past, "I learn humility from my mother. I learn to know my place within my family. I guess that's why I'm a bit different from those rich fool's son you knew. Ever since I can remember, my mother always reminded me, to be grateful for the opportunity I have, to use it well, to learn well, to study well, never to depend my future on my father."

"I guess she knew, well... it's only a common sense actually, with so many sons, it would be better for me to live away from my family. Which I did, forty days after my mother passed away.", his expression turned a bit grim as he talked about his mother.

"I hold no grudge to my brothers though. Or my step mothers.", he added quickly.

He winked with a twinkle in his eyes, "You see, I know how to use my father's wealth and connection to my benefit, without inciting my brother's jealousy. They even saw me off warmly, when I got my first commission in the army. Of course, with unsaid agreement that I will never return to get a share of my inheritance."

Huang Dong quietly thought about the story he heard about Gongsun Ji. While he had no chance to confirm the truth, but apparently the old general experienced something worse than him. Part of him wanted to explain to the old general, why he did what he did. Why he live the way he was right now.

After some thought, while looking at the trainees before them, he said, "Master Gongsun..., it is just my personal opinion, but I think life is just full of s***. It would be too depressing to live without make a joke out of it."

One Sun Mirror wrote:..."It also passes as a good warm up exercise, later we may indeed move to more disciplined group maneuvres, which I expect to be nothing short of abysmal." Remembering their past disagreement, he hastily added, "but of course, I shan't share such observations with them."

"Or course... of course...", Huang Dong smiled genially, "It's also a good opportunity for us to see their individual skill. Perhaps we can even pick some men to be the leader of 5 men unit."
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby One Sun Mirror » 01 Apr 2017, 00:09

Han1977

Listening to Huang Dong's story, Ji inwardly approved highly of the man's decision to essentially abandon his potential inheritance, as well as a potentially messy dispute over it, for a something more meaningful and practical.

"You benefited from wealth in your upbringing, but did not allow it to cloud your mind or judgement. This in itself is no small feat," Ji noted to his companion. "Where did you serve the military? Was it here in Wan? Or someplace far off? I am interested to hear because in my opinion, given my own experiences with the Imperial Army's high command, I can frankly say it is no surprise the Empire is in such a state as it is now..."
Han1977 wrote:"Master Gongsun..., it is just my personal opinion, but I think life is just full of s***. It would be too depressing to live without make a joke out of it."

Wincing again as Huang Dong politely named him Master Gongsun, Ji sharply corrected him once more. "You do not owe me the pleasantries of calling me Master. If anything, it should be I calling you as such, it was you who bested me in combat! Please, you may simply call me Gongsun. Or Ji, if you prefer. Tanshuai if the mood strikes you," Ji spoke somewhat lightly, his style name feeling strange as it crossed his tongue. Perhaps through lack of use?

"Life is beautiful," Ji countered. "I have nothing but thanks for my parents, for Heaven, for His Late Majesty..." he trailed off. "Sometimes, those who we must share our lives with blemish this. I have lived through many seasons now. You would understand that with each passing one, there is not only more to be thankful for, but more to mourn as well. Some of us are given more of one than the other," he concluded darkly.
Han1977 wrote:"Or course... of course...", Huang Dong smiled genially, "It's also a good opportunity for us to see their individual skill. Perhaps we can even pick some men to be the leader of 5 men unit."

"Just so," Ji said, brightening up considerably with the change of topic to something he was far more at ease with. "No doubt with your skill and background, you will be of great assistance in just such a task! Once we are able to identify the less-than-awful chaps among them, we may indeed proceed to the kind of training you mentioned previously."
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Han1977 » 03 Apr 2017, 00:40

One Sun Mirror

Huang Dong didn't feel comfortable talking about his past career, but he kept it hidden.

"I serve in Luo Yang, just as I told you before, my brother was delighted to send me off, away from our home. So, he didn't mind to spend a bit coins to pay for my commission."

He paused a bit. He tried to decide whether he could voice his disappointment over the current dynasty or kept it to himself.

At the end he carefully said, "As someone who work and live in Luo Yang, I couldn't agree more. Everything in this universe, couldn't escape from the causal law. The emperor and his ministers past policies..., in one way or more, gave birth to this rebellion. I hope this could be a wake up call for them."

---

Huang Dong laughed as Gongsun Jin complained when he addressed him 'Master Gongsun'. There was sincerity in his laugh, there was nothing hidden behind it. He secretly admired Gongsun Ji's positive attitude toward life, 'It seem he is the exact opposite of me. He hid his warm heart behind his grumpy outer appearance. While I hid my bitter view of life, behind a genial appearance."

Huang Dong slapped Gongsun Ji's shoulder heartily and said, "Well... allow me to call you Brother Ji, then."

---

Huang Dong politely shook his head, "Of course I will do my best to help you, but don't place much hope on my skill. Anyway, our job will be lots of easier once we can find reliable men to lead their comrades, both during battle and during the training."

"By the way, I don't see your friends around. You know those who were in your group during the skirmish. I want to spar with them. I don't use my sword quite some time and I want to sharpen my skill before the real battle. I don't plan on challenging anyone in duel during battle, but sometimes you couldn't help it."
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby One Sun Mirror » 08 Apr 2017, 13:23

Han1977
"Frankly, I hope a whole lot of the dastardly bureaucrats in the capital are upended in the current conflict. It'll do the Empire a world of good to be done with their wretched kind. If anything, the Son of Heaven needs some proper guidance and a good kick in the backside to set him straight," Gongsun Ji said, casually toeing the line of treasonous speech.

"If you must, you may call me brother, though we have hardly known each other long... and we clash and disagree terribly on many matters. But perhaps that makes us more akin to brothers after all?" Ji spoke, grinning lopsidedly to himself.
Han1977 wrote:"By the way, I don't see your friends around. You know those who were in your group during the skirmish. I want to spar with them. I don't use my sword quite some time and I want to sharpen my skill before the real battle. I don't plan on challenging anyone in duel during battle, but sometimes you couldn't help it."

"My comrades at arms were, as I reported, very competent warriors. Perhaps they have other tasks to attend to? Perhaps they are honing their own fighting skills? One can only wonder. Yet I am sure that if the opportunity arose for them to show you first hand their skill, that they would jump at the chance," Ji said. "You might see if they can come to the training yards tomorrow. Jian Bian especially looked upon you with some distaste after your interjection at the debriefing," Ji growled, a dark-humoured grin spreading across his face. "Though I think it might even take the two of us to bring him down."

**Others welcome to come spar, fight, boast and bully at their leisure**
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby Han1977 » 16 Apr 2017, 06:58

"Jian Bian? That's the one who left the meeting earlier right? I would be happy to have a duel with him one on one. I feel my body need some beating to get it back in shape.", Huang Dong laughed.

"Let's see if we can see one of your comrades tomorrow. For now, let's just focus on these youngling. I can see many began to lose their shape after few rounds of spar."
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby Kun Tiao » 06 Jun 2017, 16:34

You meet a traveler, and learn that the Northern Army is heavily fortifying Ping Yuan and Ye...

Long story short, the very same day Meixiu will share the knowledge with her brother, who, she trusts (and makes sure!), will immediately bring it to Liu Shengtong.
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby cjh1k2004 » 07 Jun 2017, 03:54

Kun Tiao wrote:You meet a traveler, and learn that the Northern Army is heavily fortifying Ping Yuan and Ye...

Long story short, the very same day Meixiu will share the knowledge with her brother, who, she trusts (and makes sure!), will immediately bring it to Liu Shengtong.

Liu Shentong's quarters in the new administration complex are, as a matter of course, heavily guarded. More so because Jiang Yan, the most paranoid of all guard captains, personally oversaw several features of it. Perhaps the cloaked archers running around the roofs 24/7 and the several burly guardsmen who were trained to respond only to a codeword that only Liu Shentong knew were a little overkill, as were the mandatory searches to anyone who came within 50 metres... But nobody seriously doubted Captain Jiang's security arrangements. If nothing else, they seemed fairly effective.

So it may have been a surprise one day for Liu Shentong to wake up to find a grey-feathered arrow lying on his bedside table. Attached to it was a letter written in Jiang Yan's handwriting. As expected from a letter from the mad captain, the contents were rambling as usual, but it seemed that Jiang Yan managed to pass on the information his sister obtained.

How the mad captain had managed evade the security detail to leave this message via his usual strange method of leaving arrows on bedsides, though, would be left for Liu Shentong to ponder...

Message delivered to Liu Shentong (Mat)!
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Dong Zhou » 07 Jun 2017, 05:10

Kun Tiao

Li Jun was healing nicely under Chen Ping's tender care, one moth of resting and studying and she would be healed. The constant trips to the doctor had given her a lot of time to think, to listen to the swirling rumours of the north and to contemplate how best to avoid such humiliation in future. It was on the return to the garrison after her latest session that Li Jun thought she saw someone she recognized. Sort of.

"Forgive me, do I know you? You seem familiar somewhat?"
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Kun Tiao » 07 Jun 2017, 16:29

Li Jun

Meixiu that time just recently have finished for the day arranging quarters for the new recruits, knowing that tommorow will be more. Not all would recognize her under a helmet. She positively have seen the woman before, perhaps even in their house. Ceremoniously, she walked several steps towards her and made a stop.

"My name is Jiang Meixiu, not sure if we were presented to each other, but perhaps you know my brother, Captain Jiang Yan. Today, here, I am assigned on duty with the new recruits of the city."

Her voice reflected the hundreds of commands she issued this hard day.
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Dong Zhou » 08 Jun 2017, 08:08

Li Jun nodded at knowing Jiang Yan, not a name she was as fond of as she once had been and it showed on her grimacing face. Li Jun though tried to be polite about the sibling as she nodded to the fellow guard.

"Yes, I have certainly had the expirence of working with him down the years. I am Li Jun, fellow officer of the guards unless I have been further demoted then I thought."

Li Jun hadn't quite meant to say that, she suspected her injuries and small budget had been behind the failure on promised rank rather then loss of favour but it still stung. Not being able to take part had perhaps been inevitable but she hoped she would get another chance once her treatment was finished.

"Well we certainly need all the recruits we can get for the fight ahead. Have you had much luck?"

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby ShadInquis » 11 Jun 2017, 19:32

OOC: Anyone up to RP the riot in the city?
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby Kun Tiao » 13 Jun 2017, 15:45

[b]Li Jia[b]

The newly promoted officer was quick to answer.

"So far this is the way I arranged it. Every ten families should bring a recruit, so far. The heads of every five families in the city are responsible. Now it goes this way. Replacements and voluntary soldiers are welcome, and any
can lift the duty off one group. Districts are called for recruits gradually, one after an other. I hope all will be well, like it is so far. "

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Dong Zhou » 14 Jun 2017, 14:01

Kun Tiao wrote:[b]Li Jia[b]

The newly promoted officer was quick to answer.

"So far this is the way I arranged it. Every ten families should bring a recruit, so far. The heads of every five families in the city are responsible. Now it goes this way. Replacements and voluntary soldiers are welcome, and any
can lift the duty off one group. Districts are called for recruits gradually, one after an other. I hope all will be well, like it is so far. "

Li Jun was visibly impressed, she was far more used to recruiting guards by more haphazard means. It worked well enough but perhaps these times called for a more large-scale, formal response then the old guard recruiting drives.

"Never considered it doing that way before. Should get more numbers then our usual recruiting methods, all we need to do is keep an eye on the quality and on retention."

The name of the young woman began to trigger a loose memory.

"You were the one with kidnapped friends? Sorry I wasn't there to help, I was fighting a rebel patrol. I hear it went... well as well as our work did."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Kun Tiao » 23 Jun 2017, 16:56

Li Jun

The question reminded about the story all so vivid in Meixiu's memory.
She did not know how to call it.
She did not know how to judge it.

"It was me indeed, as my brother. It went... easier than I could imagine. I'd not be sure if I can say it went well.
Maybe too cruel for me. But glad that our friends are safe now."

"And what are the usual recruiting methods? Please, I ever need to learn"

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Dong Zhou » 24 Jun 2017, 10:14

Li Jun was not one of those who had been opposed to the deaths of the kidnappers, as damaging as it was to their reputation, she had backed the idea of a firm line. However she had not been there and she was increasingly wary of Jiang Yan's judgement, had he gone too far? Li Jun also guessed it was not easy for someone unused to death like Liyan so she attempted sympathy.

"Kidnapping does not end well for somebody but I'm sorry you had to witness the result."

Li Jun shrugged.

"We send recruiting sergeants to the taverns and to the villages to pick up the drunks, the desperate, the young and the naive. If there is a fighting tournament, we keep an eye out for those that might show talent We get some as punishment or as a plea. There are usually enough people in trouble, with stars in their eyes or needing a roof and regular food to join the ranks. Then again, our demand for numbers isn't usually so high so your way does sound better."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou