Wan City General Roleplay

Re: Wan City General Roleplay

Postby Xu Yuan » 29 Aug 2017, 00:54

OOC: That was fantastic UnholyBlade! That was very well put together.

The Path

The two Aides quickly lead Huyan Lie through the city. As they travelled the unsettled atmosphere exploded into raucous shouts and cruel laughter. On one side a bawdy joke was told by a heavy-set man against the Administration. On the other side a young man looked to be imitating Huyan Lie's appeal to the people by ascending to a high place and shouting, his words were of destruction and to take vengeance on the "old puppetmaster". On hearing this the Aides quickened their pace, the younger one visibly panting as he looked back to assure that Huyan Lie was still behind him. As they approached a certain section the aura of hate began to dissipate as they passed through several column of guards. They had reached Jiang Meixiu's sanctuary district. The guards were in continual motion, being lead by a schedule of shifting devised by Jiang Meixiu to assure that their were no holes in their defenses.

The younger one turned to Huyan Lie with the same pleading motion, "Master Huyan, please hold for a moment. My colleague and I have our carriage within the Garrison. We realized it would have been suicide to approach the crowds of which you were close to in something they certainly would see as a symbol of excess." After a minute the elder Aide returned with a carriage and proffered Huyan Lie inside, the two entered the carriage after him.

The trip to the City Hall in a fast moving Carriage was short, if anything could be told from the situation is that the closer they got to City Hall the further the feeling of despair and worry began to permeate the air. Perhaps in symbolizing this they passed a minor clerk with his head down shouting "Oh Heavens! I should have fled with the Magistrate! Why did I stay here? Why did I not go with him?! It's the Yellow Turban Rebellion all over again!" After this he began to cry loudly, but in the Carriage they were soon out of earshot and at the steps of the Main Hall.

The guards quickly stepped aside upon seeing Cai Bin's Aides and they lead Huyan Lie through the halls. As Huyan Lie enters he would notice that to the right of the long hallway they were proceeding down was an open-air court with a raised dais at the far north end. As they walked men of all stations were rushing to and fro with certain conviction in their actions, unlike the confused motley of those outside the Main Hall. Before long the foreigner was at the far left end at the end of the long hallway, above the door, emblazoned in red and in stone relief was the words "Senior Political Advisor Cai Bin, to the right of that door was a larger room which was surrounded by high ranking guards and the relief above that door read "Grand Administrator Liu Shentong". Though beyond sight, the door to the far right was the office of the Prefect Wai Be. The red door to the minister's office was wide open as the black-clad Aides were in a buzz of activity. Huyan Lie is lead into the room with too is a long rectangular composition. On the floor was a crimson rug which lead its way to the Political Advisor's desk. To the sides of the carpet were two dozen small desks with their own work station of which several Aides were busily compiling something. Notably the walls of the office were filled with holes where various scrolls could be placed or retrieved easily. The Senior Advisor was in deep discussion with several of his Aides, dispatched guards, and various liaisons from the people. By his side was a young girl, notably the only female Aide in the room was taking careful notation.

Snippets of the conversations could be heard. "Masters, please. Everything is under control. We did not expect the Rebels to strike so suddenly, but we have been combating their propaganda and have been trying to win the people back to our side. Do not worry, today is dangerous though so I must suggest you all to stay..." He turned to see Huyan Lie, which drew a visibly contented sigh from the aged minister. "Stay in these premises. Due to the strategic targets here we will not let down our guard in this section and the areas outside of the Sanctuary are too unstable to guarantee your safety." He cleared his throat as he gestured towards the door. "Gentlemen, we will continue this at a later time. I have business with this young man. If you are in need of anything, an Aide shall assist you."

With the various dignitaries having left the room the advisor turned his full attention to the young man in front of his desk. "Huyan Lie, I feared that my Aides search would be in vain, but Heaven has seen fit to deliver you to us. Though I will not deny that your attempts to salvage the situation created the second gathering, I will not hold it against you. We have both learned from that experience I should say." He gave the young man a discerning look. "I have called you to assure that the previous plan we have crafted will have no success. Yesterday's martyr, of which you were to the crowds not too many days before, is today's offering. The situation, from the reports I have received, have expanded beyond the lines which we faced before. No, if you are to do anything in these circumstances, then you will stand beside us and act with us, rather than independently, you no longer hold any worth in the eyes of the rabble which now sprouts from all sections of the city." The old man sighed and poured himself a cup of wine, but couldn't stomach bringing the cup to his lips. "The situation is dire, more so than we had believed. If you have any questions of the current circumstance, I shall do what I can to inform you. You may be a bit... naive, but you seem to have a fine grasp on the finer points of tactics. I am no tactician thus any idea you may have could cover what we lack."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby WesternConqueror » 29 Aug 2017, 16:22

The Path - The Stilling of a Storm

The young Xiongnu clasps his hands together and bows low in respect. "Senior Advisor Cai Bin. I am honored to be of service to you." Straightening, the young man listens attentively to the Senior Advisor's words, nodding here and there in agreement with Cai Bin's assessment and thoughts on the situation.

He replies. "Esteemed Sir. I, your servant, am aware of the power of words. That these often have the potential to build up or tear down, to sooth the greatest offense, or to stoke the hottest anger. A masterful orator is sometimes more effective than an army of a hundred thousand."

Huyan Lie looks down to the ground in remorse, clasps his hands and bows low. "Due to my eagerness to do something for the people, I suffered a lapse of judgement. I attempted to accomplish something that I had not the ability for. I am indeed partially responsible for the resurgence of disturbance. Even if the responsibility isn't a full 100%, it would at least be a third. I, your servant, am truly guilty."

Eyes flashing fiercely, the young Xiongnu looks up and continues. "Sir. I have no great talent or ability. But I shall do my utmost to assist you in pacifying this disturbance."

Turning around, Huyan Lie does a quick scan of Cai Bin's office. Catching sight of what he was looking for, he strides quickly over. Hanging over a patch of wall in the Senior Advisor's office is a huge hand-drawn map of the city of Wan.

For a moment, the young man studies the map in silence, his finger pointing at various points in the map, before nodding and turning to Cai Bin. "Esteemed Sir. If you will, please share with me all reported information you have received about the disturbance. Where they have erupted. What are their numbers. Are they on a mindless rampage of violence and looting, or are they guided by more purposeful goals."

"To subdue a Tiger, one must first know the Tiger so well as to almost become the Tiger. Such that when it pounces, one's straight spear and sharp sword will already have been there in advance waiting for the beast."

Huyan Lie looks at Cai Bin thoughtfully before adding. "And if you are willing Esteemed Sir, though this information may be sensitive, please also allow me to have an idea of what forces we have available at hand."
Huyan Lie 70-30-90-42-69 Tactician, Formation(e), Wile, Terrain

***Intervene in the Riots plot***
Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
In a lifetime of sorrow!"
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: I stand alone

Postby Mat » 29 Aug 2017, 16:42

The Path
Perched against the railing of a balcony at the top of City Hall, Shentong leaned forward with heavy shoulders and looked over Wan with a sense of dread. The young general had felt the discontent bubbling under the surface of the city for some time now, but had hoped to quell it through good governance and law and order. But it appeared that the anger had reached a boiling point.

Why shouldn’t they be angry? Shentong mused to himself. After years of neglect and apathy from the previous administration, not much had changed. There hadn’t been enough time to change the city, the warrior reminded himself. But that truth was little comfort.

The Grand Administrator tried to see things from the perspective of a rioter. The administration had spent tax money on a fancy new building, the guard captains had slaughtered dozens of innocents in a poorly-executed rescue mission, and young men and women were being conscripted to fight a war they did not want, for a new administrator they did not love.

Heavy footsteps announced the arrival of Shentong’s personal aide. “Grand Administrator, what are your orders?”

The warrior did not turn around but spoke calmly in reply.

“Have the soldiers equipped with cudgels and shields…and swords, should it come to that. Gather in the main hall. I will be down shortly.”

“It will be done.”

Shentong allowed himself one last look at the city before turning around. He was already dressed for battle, his light lamellar armor fitted snugly over his soft green clothes. The situation probably called for a more extreme measure of protection, but years of fighting on riverbanks and on the floorboards of ships had made Shentong accustomed-to less restrictive protection. Mobility was something he was loathe to sacrifice.

The Grand Administrator exited his office with a shield strapped to his back and a sword and cudgel at his hip. A helmet rested snugly in the cradle of his left arm as he walked into Minister Cai’s office.

Shentong was unfamiliar with Huyan Lie and simply assumed he was yet another one of the innumerable clerks the Senior Minister had hired to help restructure the city governance. He paid him little mind aside from a polite nod before addressing the senior advisor.

“Senior Advisor Cai, it appears we have a riot to deal with. Although I am loathe to put you in harm’s way, your talents for speech craft vastly exceed my own. If you would be willing to address the crowds it could mean less bloodshed. Although I would prefer to avoid it altogether, some violence will likely be unavoidable.”

"The choice is yours, but I need the answer now. We have little time to spare."
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Xu Yuan » 29 Aug 2017, 18:25

The Path

The young man did seem legitimately sorry for his actions and understood the gravity and the causes for which he perpetrated. For this reason, Cai Bin knew that he could be fully trusted, as such Cai Bin's stare softened as he addressed him in a deep toned, calm manner. "Your assistance is heartfelt and your reasoning succinct, Huyan Lie. Yes..." Cai Bin pointed to the map, circling the areas that the rioters are said to have occupied. "These three places are where the brunt of the rioters occupy. Why they rose again, is not a known factor. As the Riots broke I heard troubling reports that a certain disobedient Captain escaped his bonds and is currently lost. As to their actions we assume they are making for the Granaries, Armories, or the Civil Office once more. One thing is certain though..." Cai Bin knocked his staff against the floor in a show of disgust.

"These are no simple rioters! Their strategy of seeking to starve the troops of the city is not something a citizen dreams up. This is the act of the Rebel Li, without a doubt in my mind. Several of our high ranking officers and Friends of State are putting forth their efforts in disrupting the poisoned propaganda which was seeped into the ears of our citizenry in addition rallying the people to our cause. Finally I have a friend who I sent to plead our case at the Imperial Court, a young woman with much potential." The elder lightly trembled, he hoped beyond all else that the young lady had made her way safely to the Courts, but he had heard nothing from her or the Court since he had sent her out. He grabbed his trembling left hand and took a sip of his wine, steeling his nerves. "We have not seen the fruits of these efforts yet, but the situation is fluid and we may yet see some effect from these valiant actions. As for our forces..."

It was at this point that Cai Bin turned his attention to a new voice, breaking his lecture. Cai Bin immediately bowed his head in deep respect in presence of his lord. His tone conveyed reverence. "Your Grace's words echo my own thoughts." He gestured towards the Xiongnu boy. "This youth, Huyan Lie also has expressed the same measure. I will put forth all the efforts of these talents to settle our city. As we speak, my Aide is preparing to procure the lumber to implement Huyan Lie's previous plan of a "Promise Pole" in reverent imitation of our praised statesman Shang Yang to assure the people that the Courts will be reopened come the end of Autumn. I was discussing the Riots with Huyan Lie, yet the finer points of our military actions elude me. Perhaps My Lord would deign to speak with Huyan Lie about these matters if time permits?"
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Mat » 29 Aug 2017, 18:45

The Path
Cai Bin is already working on a plan. Good.

A small sense of relief came over Shentong. Although he had experience quelling riots, this one was different. The stakes were higher. The stakes were personal. Shentong's family name, his honor were at risk.

"I would first need to know who I am speaking to, Venerable Cai." The Grand Administrator's words were matter-of-factly stated, but carried with them no arrogance. The former guard captain had learned never to turn down an earnest offer of help. If this clerk had something to say, perhaps it held some value.

Shentong looked over the visitor. To Cai Bin, Huyan Lie would indeed seem a boy, but to someone of Shentong's age, the new arrival was simply another young man. He looked slight of frame like most of the other government clerks, although there did seem something special about the man. Shentong could not quite determine what, however.

"I have not have not had the pleasure of meeting you before, Master Huyan. I apologize for my blunt entrance, but we are pressed for time. I'm afraid pleasantries must be sacrificed for the sake of expediency."

"What role has Senior Advisor Cai placed upon you within our government?"
Liu Shentong (162) 72-92-60-30-60 Duelist, Navy, Raid, Stealth, Valor, Weaponmaster(e)
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby WesternConqueror » 30 Aug 2017, 01:43

The Path

Huyan Lie turns from the map on the wall at the arrival of the newcomer. Keen eyes observe the man carefully as he strides in to the Senior Advisor's office abruptly and immediately begins addressing Cai Bin without any of the formal greetings, polite pleasantries, or deferential gestures common amongst officials. His tone is business-like but cordial, with a no-nonsense attitude. Dressed in light armor...much like those favored by light cavalry...or navy, the man is a most imposing presence. There is a powerful confidence about him, and the air of martial authority is unmistakeable...this must be the Grand Administrator himself.

Huyan Lie clasps his hands and bows low in respect. "Grand Administrator. Huyan Lie greets you. I, your servant, am a commoner. A travelling scholar recently arrived at the city of Wan. I have been summoned by His Excellency the Senior Advisor Cai Bin to aid in the pacifying of the rioters." Looking up, he continues. "Your servant, holds no position of authority in your administration. Neither does he possess any great talent or ability. However, I was briefly involved in trying to calm the earlier wave of civil disturbance, and came to be acquainted with the Senior Advisor in the process." Turning, he makes a deferential gesture towards Cai Bin. "His Esteemed Sir judged that perhaps your servant would be of some use in the current crisis the city faces..."

Bowing again in deference, Huyan Lie moves on to the matter at hand. "Grand Administrator. These riots, as reported by your various sources, began to simmer and boil some months back. The bulk of the mob itself seems composed of ordinary citizens who had become severely disgruntled by their suffering. As the Senior Advisor had said, the roots of their discontent must inevitably be traced back to the previous administration under the Magistrate. However this discontent seems to have boiled over into the current rioting due to agitators likely loyal to the traitor Li who has dared to aspire to and declare himself emperor."

"As it stands now, our best chance at pacifying these riots would be to adopt a multipronged approach that deals with our immediate concerns, as well as our longer term difficulties and problems. Our immediate priorities are only a few. The first is to reestablish law and order again in the city. This means to put down the riots immediately, by force if necessary. Next is to properly address the citizens' suffering and discontent. Ascertain the true source of the people's discontent, and make sincere vigorous efforts toward addressing it. The third is to identify, arrest, and expose those agitators and their accomplices. And lastly, we need holistic and long term measures to combat the rebellious propaganda these agitators have been spreading in the city and its vicinity."

The young man turns back to the map. "The Senior Advisor His Excellency has shared that mass unrest and rioting has been reported in the city here, here, and here. The scale of the riot, and the number of rioters in each location is currently unknown. Neither do we know if there are other disturbances in other parts of the city."

"We should send out scouts to ascertain the strategic situation for the other parts of the city. Your servant proposes they take these routes here, here, and here. These scouts are not to engage the rioters, but to observe the situation, the numbers and level of agitation of the rioters, their weapons, and their level of organization, and then report back to you."

"The city granaries...the Civil Office...these other government installations...are of great strategic importance to the city's wellbeing. They need to be protected with troops."

Huyan Lie pauses to look intently at the Liu Shentong. This is one Grand Administrator who genuinely cares for the city. Perhaps the Heavens have answered my prayers, and I have come to the right place to serve.

"Your Excellency. Your servant is of the same view as you. There is indeed still a chance these riots may be put down with minimal bloodshed." He turns to look at Senior Advisor Cai Bin...

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 30 Aug 2017, 08:19

OC: Very good rp's everyone. Sorry for late response, was too unwell yesterday but Li Jun is open for rp

When the word had reached the captains, it had become time for everyone to do their duty. She had stomped her foot in frustration at Jiang Yan slipping through the net and being who knows where but otherwise she had kept calm. She knew at this time, it was important for the leaders to be seen in control, both men like Cai Bin who were the face of the government and for guard captains like herself to soothe the troops. She put a hand on Jiang Liyan's shoulder as her superior and a smile, hoping that would reassure her before she left.

Li Jun at first headed to her office. She needed to be seen in the barracks, giving a smile here, a word of encouragement or calm there, a pat on the shoulder. Soldiers could feel the tension and these were their neighbours, they would not be happy being dispatched to fight their fellows of Wan and she needed to be seen on their side, to be a reassuring presence at this time. There was no geeing up for the slaughter, for the fight, to be heard as that was for battles against foes once didn't know, not against your own kind.

When she reached her office, she sent word to the stable for her horse to be ready then shut herself in but left a small crack open so she could hear. She knew this would be her last moment alone for hours, that every moment from when she left would be intensive, every action having to be measured, every action would be seen. Only now could she think of herself, for herself.

She already had her sword and she knew it was sharp but now was for dressing up in her armour, she was going for full armour. Would it make her more threatening to the civilians? Possibly but she doubted this would end peacefully and she had been wounded too many times of late, she wanted as much protection for when, if, she had to plunge into the fray. As she took each piece of armour and carefully put it on, she listened out to the soldiers

"Why are they turning on us? We protect them, we have a war to fight yet their raise arms against us?"

"I didn't sign up to fight my friends."

"I hate to say it but maybe if our bosses had done a better job, we wouldn't be here. Who hasn't felt the mocking for the failures or the anger when we helped the tax collectors?"

When Li Jun had only her helmet to put on, she took one stale meatbun and a glass of wine, it could be her last chance for awhile to get food and drink. Had her failings with the fishmonger led in some small way to this? Her collapsing in that battle with rebels? Little bits of doubts into people's mind about the guards would not have helped but this was clearly about wider issues. There had not been change or enough change and it would seem tax season was the main reason why while she had heard something about some new guy inflaming situation but details were unclear and now was not time to press for details.

Helmet on, she walked to the barracks stables, again using her presence to try to provide support and reassurance to the soldiers. When she mounted her horse, she considered briefly where to go. First things first in such situations, get information and get orders, a solo effort would help nobody, a guard and a officer must be part of a team to work, to know what others would do and take part of a grander scheme.

Having decided to head to HQ, she dug her heels into the flanks of her horse and was soon moving through the quiet, nervous streets.
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Xu Yuan » 31 Aug 2017, 19:27

OOC: Sorry for the wait

The Path

@ Dongzhou

Li Jun would see that the City Hall was turned into an impromptu command center, unlike the unsettled situation that Huyan Lie had seen, the City Hall was now fully transformed. Minor commanders and elite guards stood guard over the open-air court and there was not a uniquely capped official of Cai Bin's to be seen haunting the hallways. Clearly, seeing the woman was in haste and recognizing their Captain at an instan the guardst stood aside allowing her entrance into the City Hall. The guard spoke in quick manner. "Captain Li, the Grand Administrator and the Senior Political Advisor are in the Senior Political Advisor's Office discussing possible plans. If you would like to meet with them, it would be imperative to go there. The older man bowed his head and returned to his vigilant watch.

@ Mat & WesternConqueror

Cai Bin nodded his head at Huyan Lie's assertions. "As the young man says, he is Huyan Lie. I informed Your Grace of him after the Second Riots had concluded into a stalemate. I brought him here today to assure that he acts in concert with the Administration rather than having him act independently. It is essential at this time that we all join together and assure our plans hold together. As Confuciuss said; "Those who work on a different strand, do damage." His gaze lightly turned to his window which overlooked the city to the North. As his glare sharpened beyond, it may be his thoughts were in regards to Jiang Yan, he turned back to his lord, his eyes softening to a yielding manner. "I do not know much of this young man beyond his recent actions, but his plan to scout the situation is not without merit, lest we blunder into a trap. Yet I am aware that many of our spies and saboteurs are currently occupied in important matters of State. I am wary of who we could send to take measure of such an incomprehensible mess of people. These are not nicely arrayed armies in any event."

He allowed his mind to compile several speeches as he spoke with the Grand Administrator. "To settle the affair with martial might without the application of cultured speech is to leave a lasting hate within any rioter who could be converted. The plan to speak to their hearts once more is the finest chance we have. Thought what is to be done? Where should this speech be given? What protections will be allotted to me as I speak? I have spoken to them once before. If there is a darker plot at play, they may yet expect me to leave myself vulnerable and take that chance to..." He stopped there and sighed, his eyes rapidly met the ground. "I will speak to them, I will engender towards their innate morality, speak to them of our intentions, promise them that the Central Courts will be restored. Implore them for patience, encourage within them the straits of which the city now faces and that we must all stand together or be swiftly torn apart, to assure the intentions of the Administration the Promise Pole will seal that we will treat our covenant with the people as sacred."

There was something which seemed, a little unsettled within Cai Bin's words. He rose his head to speak, but nothing came out for a moment, after another moment's hesitation he spoke his mind. "Forgive my impudence Grand Administrator, but I fear my words will be looked upon as false, no matter the situation as long as Captain Jiang Yan is allowed to run free. Even now I hear reports that he has gathered a troop of loyalists to him, but I know not where they make for. What do you propose is to be done about Captain Jiang at this current time? If a situation broke out I had planned on him being given express orders by Captain Dai, but alas. That chance is gone."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Mat » 31 Aug 2017, 21:57

The Path
The especially perceptive within the room might notice a slight wince on Shentong's face when Cai Bin reminded that he had wrote a missive regarding the man. The Grand Administrator stressed attention to detail to his troops. Now the leader silently berated himself for not remembering sooner. So many moving pieces to the city. The layers upon layers often seemed more a blur than a clear picture.

"Ah yes. I was hoping we would have a chance to meet Huyan Lie. Although I was hoping it would be under sigificantly different circumstances. I have several people I owe long overdue meetings to, actually."

Shentong looked to Cai Bin.

"Jiang Yan is foremost among them. I have tolerated his erratic behavior because, quite frankly, he is...or was, one of the best soldiers I have ever served alongside. But I fear my sentimentality has allowed him to operate in a manner which is...overly pragmatic, at best."

The Grand Administrator cleared his throat. It was perhaps not proper to speak to candidly with Huyan Lie in the room. He had not yet taken the measure of the man, nor did he want to do Jiang Yan a disservice by being harsh with comments, at least not in front of a new acquaintance.

"I was planning on speaking with the other military officers regarding him upon my return from the outland patrols. Instead, I return to find a city overflowing with anger and emotion."

"Orders have been sent to Jiang Yan to hold our armory with his men. If rioters are attempting to arm themselves with weapons from our own stores, then they should be met with violence. I am empathetic regarding their discontent, but I will not tolerate violent insurrection."

"We can speak more of Captain Jiang when the riots have been quelled. But let me plainly say he will be Captain no more."

Shentong turned to Li Jun and gave her a firm nod of respect.

"Captain Li. What do you make of our current situation? Do you have anything to report?"
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Dong Zhou » 01 Sep 2017, 09:10

Li Jun had been impressed by how quickly the guards and administrators had got the city hall ready for this occasion, if everyone could do their jobs this quickly then the riot could yet be saved. She nodded her thanks to the guards who informed her of where her superiors were and headed straight there, falling into the walk of an experienced guard, almost a march.

She slipped into the room quietly just as Shentong was finishing speaking of captain Jiang. She gave a smart salute to her lord, nodded her head at Cai Bin who she was getting to know and gave a puzzled look to the stranger (Huyan Lie) though she assumed it was probably one of Cai's many minions and given he was in room, could be trusted. Her view in the riots had been less then perfect to say the least and she had never got more then a tiny glimpse at the man who spoke to the rioters.

When Liu Shentong addressed Li Jun, she drew up into attention stance

"Not much I don't imagine you already know sir. Rioters have come back but I don't know where, troops are nervous about fighting their own kind but for now will do the job, people not involved in riots are going to be edgy and hiding, Jiang Yan has left the barracks, I know Captain Dai and the Jiang family are in the city. I came here to get information and get my orders."

Li Jun relaxed now she had given what little report she could, now it was merely a matter of judgement.

"Whatever the plan sir, we have to do it quickly. Any delay or initial failure and we could lose control of the situation, the soldiers aren't going to like fighting their fellow citizens and may make themselves scarce, people who are keeping out of the riots now will join in if they see us losing or unable to act."

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Mat » 01 Sep 2017, 10:36

The Path
Shentong nodded at Li Jun's words.

"Very well. Your orders are to reinforce Captain Dai's position at the civil office to the west. There are no reports so far of rioting to the north or east, so I would suggest you gather your soldiers there. At least one-hundred of the garrison should do. You may find it hard to gather more than that; it is a natural human inclination to protect what one hold's dear. When the soldiers hear of the riots, many will return to their homes to prevent looting or violence against their families."

Shentong turned to Huyan Lie.

"The rioters are common folk. Perhaps a commoner such as yourself might have a better idea of how to best appeal to them. You may accompany us if you wish and provide whatever insight you may have. But do leave the oration to Senior Advisor Cai."

Lifting his shield a bit as a symbolic gesture, the Grand Administrator finally gestured to Cai Bin.

"Stay behind the shield walls. We can have some men raise you up a bit if you're worried about your voice being carried, but rioters have a penchant for throwing stones. We offer an open hand rather than a fist, but that does not mean we will be greeted with the same."

"If there is nothing else, we must depart. Every moment spent in this room is another moment the rioters remain unchecked."
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby WesternConqueror » 02 Sep 2017, 15:20

OOC - Sorry guys for the delay in posting. I'm out of town at the moment with packed plans and little access to WiFi. Will get back to more responsive posting soon.

The Path

The three men turn as a lady dressed in the armor and trappings of a guard captain strides in to the Senior Advisor's office. It's unmistakeable. Though it was some distance away, Huyan Lie is certain. This is that heroic looking lady Captain who rode a charger and led her unit of singing soldiers to the Civil Office earlier.

He quickly returns to the pressing matter at hand.

Clasping his hands and bowing, Huyan Lie replies to the Grand Administrator. "Huyan Lie obeys your command Grand Administrator."

He straightens and looks up at the two men. "If I may, Esteemed Sirs, I have two proposals for your consideration and action before we depart. The first is to summon and bring all doctors and their assistants who can be found in the city to this place. Also, gather up medical supplies, horse-drawn carts suitable for transporting the wounded, as well as a good number of strong able-bodied men. Out of these, form up half a dozen teams able to minister medical aid to the wounded. Have them ready and prepared to set out immediately at your command."

"Second, I your servant, have a superficial grasp of the study of battle formations, and am able to organize troops so as to move more quickly, attack more effectively, and defend more steadily. With your permission Grand Administrator, may I have ten minutes with your troops, in order to teach them the rudimentaries of fighting and moving in formation, in response to command signals?"

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby Mat » 03 Sep 2017, 11:29

(OOC: No worries. It's Labor Day Weekend here in the States, so I suspect many of us are in similar situations, which is why my post is a bit short.)

The Path

"The soldiers I have with me have all been trained on basic formations and will respond accordingly. If you have something more nuanced in mind, though, then it would probably be best if you simply gave me the details which I can relay to them. This situation is already jarring for our troops; I do not wish to over complicate things."

"But we are in agreement regarding the medical dispatch. I have already sent runners to medical practitioners within the city."
OI
Mat
Officer With Many Posts

Postby WesternConqueror » 03 Sep 2017, 14:20

The Path

The young Xiongnu nods at words of the Grand Administrator. He turns to the map on the wall once more and again studies it carefully. The situation as described by the Senior Advisor is dire. And the margin for errors of judgement or execution is razor thin. He shuts his eyes and bows his head. Mortal men such as we are may only do our best. For the outcome is ultimately up to the Heavens. Though, the Heavens have a virtuous desire for life rather than death..."

Huyan Lie shakes off the dark clouds of doubt that threaten to overwhelm his soul. Lifting his eyes towards the hope that still remains, he lifts his scabbarded sword from his side, half-draws the weapon, and inspects the blade. As the cold steel catches the rays of the sun and gleams brightly with a reflected glow, his spirit soars with hope and his heart steels in resolve. Sheathing his weapon, he turns back to Liu Shentong and Cai Bin and nods.

"I am ready Grand Administrator. Please give the orders and lead the way Sir."

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 04 Sep 2017, 04:21

Li Jun bowed on accepting the orders

"Understood my lord."

With a nod to the other gentleman, Li Jun left. Now she wished she had gone for more mobile equipment but she still might need that armour to protect her in case the reports were wrong.

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou