Wan City General Roleplay

Re: Wan City General Roleplay

Postby Mal Tijie » 27 Jul 2017, 18:58

jiangbao wrote:
Mal Tijie wrote:OPEN RP

It had been a relaxing time, Ma Zang had taken some time to visit his family back at his home. He ended up staying much longer than he intended though... and he hadn't informed anyone that he was leaving... So hopefully it didn't mean any harm for him. But, he was ready to get back to work and prepare to face the rebel scum! Or so he had thought.

Much to his surprise, the Wan was in peril. The city was filled with chaos and people rioting in the streets. Zang tried to calm a few people down but to no avail. With that ending in failure, Zang found a box and stood on it, and yelled to get peoples attention. Unfortunately this once again was ignored, the people were paying him no attention. There had to be something he could do to help...

Discouraged, Ma Zang sat in a side alley and sighed loudly,

What happened while I was away? There must be some way to get the peoples spirits up and under control...

Bo Lai was trying to find the Planning Bureau at the Main Hall, however sounds of his stomach rumbling took him on he on a side road. Oddly this was the first time he actually paid attention of his surroundings. And there was truth that the people as a whole are not that pleased with the way the administration is going.

Everyone wanted to give an opinion but no one had the guts to implement it, he thought. He could have sworn the little dog that he let go went around this way. He wished that senior guy that was sort of lecturing him on the virtues of not eating that dog could have done so after he actually ate it. Thinking was not a crime as yet.

Someone stood on a box and shouted some stuff, he could not hear over the ruckus, since everyone was grumbling or complaining about something. He wondered how much all this had to do with the damn fishmonger. He wondered if one fishmonger could lead to so much problems in the administration.

Won't killing the fishmonger be the end of the problem but he was specifically instructed that he could not kill that fishmonger or even dragged him across the street. Signing he went up the the guy who was apparently complaining even on a higher ground, and said "You lost something?"

Zang say the fellow approach him, he rose from where he was sitting and saluted the stranger.

No sir, I have not lost anything. I am just saddened by the way everyone is.

Zang scratched his head,

When I left everything was in good order.
Lord Shentong was accepted by the people and now everybody is so... on edge. I was hoping to try to raise their spirits, but no one even looked at me...

Zang was uncharacteristally down, he wasn't used to failure. He didn't even know how to begin to help the people of Wan.

Would you happen to know what has caused this trouble friend?
Ma Zang
82*-71-40-40-79
Aid, Inspire, Leader, Loyalty, Vehemence

V6 Li Shun, Destined Emperor of China (Or a drunken blacksmith, haven't decided)
Mal Tijie
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: TBD

Postby jiangbao » 27 Jul 2017, 22:23

Mal Tijie

"Lord Shentong?" Bo Lai said. Isn't that his lord, he thought to himself. But then again, did he count as an employee of his lordship. "Wow, actually I think I am in his employment too. Technically. Because I actually have not received any orders for the last few months actually except to wait"

Pointing to the people that were all being a little on the edge as described by his fellow employee. "In truth, I just learnt of this lately, something to do with some fishmonger. Somehow, this fishmonger managed to defeat a couple of the officers of the administration and so people may or would be flocking to his cause."

He imagined several dozens people flocking to the fishmonger for better employment and a flopping fish as a symbol. He would asked the people to capture up to 400 of such flopping fish and then the fishmonger would take to the sky. "Got to catch them all" Bo Lai said and wondered why he would say something like that.

"Interested in going along and bring him to heel?" Bo Lai said "By the way, name is Bo Lai. I am keen to take this fishmonger down a few notch and maybe everyone else will just calm down and stop trying to catch flopping fish."
Bo Lai, 15
53*-89*-70-30-71*
The Classics of Poetry [treatise] (Cha +1), The Virtues of Command [manual] (Lead +1), level 1 Sword (War +1).
Skills: Craftsman; Duelist; Fortunate; Investigator; Weaponmaster(e)

stats
jiangbao
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Freeicons

Postby UnholyBlade » 28 Jul 2017, 15:06

Dai Ren nodded in affirmation to Li Jun, though he remained silent. If there was no other option, he would see what needed to be done through. Personal affection can only go so far when your duty cries out for action. The usual stoicism he displayed slowly gave way to an even more grim look than usual, if it was said to be possible.
Last edited by UnholyBlade on 30 Jul 2017, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby WesternConqueror » 28 Jul 2017, 16:24

Ma Zang and Bo Lai

OOC - Guys, your rp is still open right? :wink:

Wan city. Crown jewel of Nanyang. One of the biggest cities in the Middle Kingdom.

It is Market Day. The streets swell with large crowds of shoppers, craftsmen plying their wares and services, sellers offering for sale a wild myriad of items...ranging from foodstuffs, garments, accessories, to trinkets and toys for children. The hustle and bustle in the streets feels just like that of any big city. Almost.

Huyan Lie closes his eyes as he allows the sounds of the market to surround him, embrace him. There it is. Fear. Hiding under all that hustle and bustle. As he focuses on the sense of fear, it steps out into the open and reveals its vile form. Fear, coupled with anger, festering into a putrid smelling poison, dwelling in the hearts of the people, corrupting their conscience and sense of propriety. The people of Wan have undergone almost a decade of hardship, brought about in large part by a government that not only cared little for them, but had in fact taken advantage of them, had taken from them what should be theirs by right, had cast them aside in face of danger and had thrown them into the darkness as one hurls fresh meat to pursuing ravenous wolves.

The young Scholar had heard that the ones in power right now ruling the city, are in fact part of a new government. One that had come in suddenly out of nowhere, and had taken upon itself the crushing burden of rulership. The Grand Administrator was one Liu Shentong. Reputed to be a scion of the royal Han household. And with him were several personages who took up the various organs of government - Prefect Wai Be, Vice-Prefect Dao Lang, Senior Political Advisor Cai Bin, and many others. This new government has thus far done little to change things - or so it was loudly and vehemently declared by the old man in the tavern. Those nearby had slapped their tables and raised their voices in raucous agreement.

But these officers had only just taken over the city less than 6 months ago! He had protested mildly. Do they not deserve some patience and trust for at least some time, while they labour to sort things out? Even the common cooking pot needs time to forge, undergoing repeated cycles of heating, hammering and cooling, in order to gain its shape and become useful in one's household! Not to mention Wan city's decade long mess, brought about by widespread corruption, dirty politics, careless administration, and greed without conscience! Some listened, nodding their heads at the sensibility of his words. But there were some others who raised their voices and spoke even louder and more vehemently, determined to lay all blame at the doorsteps of those who had taken up this burden of ruling and running Wan city on their behalf.

Huyan Lie sighs as he returns to the present. He opens his eyes, and is once more in the middle of the marketplace, a lone rock of calm in a stream of people.

"...Lord Shentong was accepted by the people and now everybody is so... on edge. I was hoping to try to raise their spirits, but no one even looked at me...Would you happen to know what has caused this trouble friend?" Turning around, he catches sight of 2 men having a conversation. Standing right in the middle of the street, some distance away from himself, both men exude an uncommon aura of heroic confidence, and not abit of charm. These 2 are clearly not common folk. Having engaged with many towns people in the last few days, Huyan Lie decides to see what new perspectives and information these 2 may have.

He makes his way towards the pair. Approaching them, he smiles at Ma Zang and Bo Lai, and with a polite nod, addresses them. "Greetings Sirs. I was walking nearby and could not help but overhear your conversation about what has been transpiring in the city recently." Stroking his short neatly trimmed beard, he continues in a friendly tone. "I have just recently arrived in Wan. And I too have heard that things are not well here, that there is trouble brewing. If you Sirs do not mind, perhaps we could have a chat over some wine?" Lifting his hand in a polite gesture of invitation, he looks at the 2 men, still smiling, waiting for their response to his overture.
Huyan Lie 70-30-90-42-69 Tactician, Formation(e), Wile, Terrain

***Intervene in the Riots plot***
Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
In a lifetime of sorrow!"
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: I stand alone

Postby Xu Yuan » 31 Jul 2017, 14:11

Dong Zhou wrote:Li Jun flashed an apologetic smile at the departing Sun Xin and let Dai Ren ensure the room was secure. Sun Xin seemed a good man but this was discussing a guard captain's fate, it had to be a room where the people could talk freely without worrying about how it would seem to someone who was new to the administration. While a difficult subject, she found herself relaxing now and so she let forth her thoughts though her tone was sad.

"A guard needs to trust another, I know Dai Ren will have my back in a fight, I believe still Jiang Yan would come to my rescue if I was in trouble. However I know what Dai Ren is likely to do in any given situation, where he might need a restraining hand and where I should leave him free. I regret to say that while Jiang Yan has always been a little unpredictable, I can not read the way he will react now and I do not trust his judgement when he is out of my sight. Which is often, he has taken to the shadows."

Li Jun found she was avoiding looking at Dai Ren. Was it not wanting to see if he agreed on being able to read each other? Or was it just the subject matter? Talking against one of her own? A memory came to mind, one that had troubled her at the time and seemed apt now but she spoke quietly, her voice dropping as her mind went back, not quite wanting to admit it.

"When I was staggering to Master Chen's case after the... incident, I saw Jiang Yan lurking in the street. Arguing with one of his guards. When he said he would take of matters, I worried what would happen and if JIang was going to be doing something stupid. I do not know if he simply failed to track down the fishmonger or I misread Jiang's intent but this, this is not something that should be crossing my mind about my superior."

Li Jun suddenly felt the need to pour herself a cup of wine, it wasn't to drink, just to give herself something to do as she tried to remove herself from the memory. Her voice returned to normal as she returned to what she had been planning to say.

"Jiang remains one of our finest miliatry commanders, an expert with the bow and a great leader of men, if we can keep him constrained to barracks where our best doctors can attend to him and he can be kept to training the men, that would be best. When faced with the public, his first thought to any problem seems to be to draw his sword and he is damaging public trust, our lord must be persuaded to remove Jiang from his post."

With a sigh, she stared directly at Cai Bin. To gauge his reaction or to emphasise her next point, she wasn't quite sure.

"If Jiang Yan is not removed from post by our lord, I fear we will soon be forced to arrest Jiang Yan and then any help is out of our hands."

With that unpalatable line out, Li Jun took a swig of wine. It would give her no pleasure to raise the guards against Jiang Yan but she knew that soon, she would have had to take that step.

Cai Bin kept a steely glance on the lady, taking the situation with the utmost seriousness and nodding his head when appropriate. When the lady had finished speaking, the statesman took over. His tone equally melancholic. "I too have unbalanced feelings regarding the situation. Captain Jiang and I enjoyed a professional and amiable relationship for many months, even before the Grand Administrator's ascension. I was seeing a young man who came from little distinguish himself in every way. To learn that, by his own admission, he sold his mind to some sort of barbaric demon in order to attain his power was a devastating blow, yet he specifically said he would seek help from the priests and exorcists, but I never heard any report of his attending to their facilities." He looked straight at Li Jun. "It is the same with me, as long as he was under my direct command I could control his actions, it is when he is moved from my gaze that the demon strikes."

A slight shiver ran through the elder, "It may be that I am unnerved that the demon now recognizes me, before it had not the slightest idea who I was, now it insults me. If the demon now recognizes me, it is likely that it too recognizes the Guard Corps and the Grand Administrator." The mention of Li Jun running into Jiang Yan after the incident with the Fishmonger drew a curious glance from Cai Bin. "I was unaware of this, even if it is an idle threat, it represents how too many of the townspeople feel about the Guard Corps, mostly stemming from Captain Jiang's careless actions as he threatens city officials and the people both. As for him being your superior..." The elder smiled sadly and shook his head; "The temporary hold on your rightful Office was never meant to stand. It was only for want of coin that we were forced to re-evaluate the proper ranks. Hold your head high Captain, you stand as an equal in the Guard Corps. There is no distinction in ranks of Captains."

He stayed silent for a minute as his eyes looked at the desk, his eyes were deep in thought as he slowly stroked his snowy white beard. As he arrived at a thought he exchanged glances with the Captains. "Yes, I am in agreement with the two of you. Captain Jiang's actions, attitudes, and eccentricities have been a clear betrayal of his role as Head of Internal Security. The people of a city should not hide from their protectors, but should greet them with kind words and relieved expressions." The minister had given his judgement of the situation and so relaxed his stance as his eyes moved quicker between the two.

"What immediate actions should we take? I am only a Political Advisor, I have no authority to dismiss a Military Official without the Grand Administrator's seal and I do not possess that permission. It may be that throughout this crisis we must keep a short leash on Jiang Yan." He gestured lightly to the lady Captain. "I am agreed with Captain Li, Jiang Yan's skills with a bow and his ability to lead men in such a distinctive manner is an invaluable asset in this time of impending crisis. We must use every means available to settle the situation. Who is to keep watch and command him should be decided sooner than later."

The Advisor turned his glance to Dai Ren who made an interesting comment on what was to be done, it drew a pained and unsure expression to the Senior Minister's face. "I... have settled this demon once before Captain Dai. I was not as forceful with the situation as I should have been before, I will mandate that ritualists come to Jiang Yan where ever he will be kept for his own safety. I will give you a chance to speak to the man as a colleague, as a friend, or however you wish to speak to him." The elder's eyes sharpened as he spoke. "Simply, be cautious on what you speak. The loss of Jiang Yan is worth more to us than the loss of eleven hundred fresh recruits." His eyes relaxed as a light sigh escaped, "I will be attending to this meeting and I will speak to him in turn after you Captain Dai."

He drew back and looked to both captains in turn. "Rest assured, we will do everything we can to avoid this worst-case scenario, if he breaks again after our remonstrances, medical aid, and spiritual aid, he is a lost cause and..." He closed his eyes as his brow furrowed. "We will deal with that if the time comes." With that thought hanging on the air, he too finished his cup of wine while he waited for the responses.
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Dong Zhou » 31 Jul 2017, 17:46

Li Jun didn't bother to try to hide her surprise at Jiang Yan selling himself to a demon, it wasn't that she didn't know him that well but the act. That her fellow guards could have dirty little secrets? She could understand that, a mistress her, an embarrassing hobby there and as long as it wasn't illegal she didn't care. Fair to say, trading with a demon for power was a rather different matter and though there were a lot of questions buzzing through her mind, she concentrated on the direct matter at hand.

When Cai tried to, in his own style, lift her spirits, about ranks, she waved it off with a smile. Not getting that rank had compounded her miserable month but that wasn't the source of the issue this time.

"I more meant he is head of internal security. The guards have no formal head since Shentong has been promoted and there is no informal figure either with sole charge. However simply being head of internal security puts Jiang Yan in a role that holds he form of captain but gives a degree of... authority to him."

Li Jun closed her eyes and rubbed the bridge of her nose as things turned to demons again and what to do when Jiang was detained.

"My experiences with demons are tall tales in bars, travelling mystics and my duties as a guard. Which is mostly a killer or an embarrassed idiot trying to shift blame for the murderers or some act of stupidity, usually of the naked kind. I can help arrange the watch over him, I can take up guard duty on Jiang Yan, I can carry out the execution if need be as Captain Dai would. I can offer no advice on how to treat a possessed man."

Li Jun glanced at Dai Ren, she suspected she knew his mind, before turning to the venerable minister. Was this bringing him comfort now this was all out there? She knew neither Dai nor herself had the words to make a persuasive case and she was not in a strong position, they could bring their expirence as guards to bear but Cai Bin could give them their proposal the formal language and legal arguments.

"It is best we go as a group to Lord Liu and persuade him to remove Jiang Yan from position with orders for Jiang Yan to return to barracks and remain there under supervision. We can keep him confined to training troops in the barracks and where those who can tend to him there, hopefully returning him to health and full duties. If he can not be healed, we will do what we must then but first steps must to be bring him in to where he can be kept."

Li Jun took another sip of wine. She was clear in her mind what needed to be done now and in some ways, that made this easier eve if she knew the next stages would not be pleasant for anyone involved.

"Jiang Yan should still obey our lord and his orders even if he won't like this. If he is so far gone as to refuse orders then we will have to go for a formal arrest and I suspect we will have to raise the guard. I doubt he will come quietly under such circumstances and he will know we are coming."
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby UnholyBlade » 01 Aug 2017, 21:53

Dai Ren felt a tinge of regret as the minister brought up the loss of the recruits, but nodded to the aged minister as the feeling passed. "I remember. I burst through the door to find you standing over him on the floor in the barracks. That was the day I met his younger sister as well. I think it would go a long way to bring his sisters along. They've had experience handling their brother." It was then that he realized he hadn't heard any information about either of the Jiang siblings' health after the initial rioting. Last he heard, they knocked each other unconscious...somehow. He still hadn't met Jiang Meixu, but if this business continued that was sure to be remedied. As he listened, he noticed Li Jun taking another sip of wine. He was unsure of how much drink was needed to feel the effects, but he couldn't help but think about it.

"I have faith in the captain that he won't resist. Even this..demon...of his knows it's duty. But I agree." he nodded. He dropped his eyes wondered for an instant if he could ever bring this topic up without feeling uncomfortable "Going as a group would be best. We would do well to not be caught unprepared."
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Xu Yuan » 02 Aug 2017, 18:07

It seems they had come to an agreement. The issue of Jiang Yan should be the first matter dealt with, before this crisis threatens them any further. If they can control his actions through any stage of the ensuing trials, their hand would be strengthened against the rebels own. He nodded firmly. "Then we are decided. Your suggestion to bring the Jiang sisters to meet with their brother is a fine thought. No one knows the true Jiang Yan better than his own flesh and blood. The last time Lady Jiang Liyan met with her brother though she proceeded to collide the both of them into an unconscious state. We should assure that both the Captain and his sisters be kept separate from one another while we make discussions."

Cai Bin looked out of the window longingly before looking back to the Captains. "Lady Jiang Meixiu is the temporal leader of the Garrison, by her side is her follower Ju-Long Bai. I know nothing of the boy, other than that he is probably smitten with her or some such...." The annoyance of the situation showed on the old man's face before he shook it off. "I sent the Jiangs back here as the Riots originally subsided. I have not seen nor heard of Jiang Yan's actions after that. We should first approach Lady Jiang Meixiu and ascertain where her brother is being kept, with that accomplished we should find Lady Jiang Liyan and meet with the Captain to establish our leash."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Dong Zhou » 03 Aug 2017, 05:08

Li Jun had met all three but she barely knew Meixiu so she left that aside as she considered the eagerness to bring Jiang Yan's family into the frame. With a slight shake of the head, she recalled her aide.

"Liyan is my aide, it would be a simple matter to summon her. Diligent girl, seems nice and has been a great help but I can not say for certain how she will react to our request."

She recalled meeting Ju-Long and smiled as Cao Bin talked of his being smitten. She certainly remembered that day and he did make an impression on someone.

"I met Ju-Long when Jiang Yan was putting up bodies and he tried to become my apprentice. Eager lad, fond of breeding, wanting to learn from any female it would seem and he didn't seem happy with Jiang Yan's actions. If he is smitten with Meixiu then he will back whatever path she chooses."

Li Jun's fingers drummed on the table for a moment, there had been one thought troubling her.

"Are we sure the Jiang sisters would act against their brother without offical orders? I barely know Meixiu and it is a big ask."

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Xu Yuan » 03 Aug 2017, 12:08

Dong Zhou wrote:Li Jun had met all three but she barely knew Meixiu so she left that aside as she considered the eagerness to bring Jiang Yan's family into the frame. With a slight shake of the head, she recalled her aide.

"Liyan is my aide, it would be a simple matter to summon her. Diligent girl, seems nice and has been a great help but I can not say for certain how she will react to our request."

She recalled meeting Ju-Long and smiled as Cao Bin talked of his being smitten. She certainly remembered that day and he did make an impression on someone.

"I met Ju-Long when Jiang Yan was putting up bodies and he tried to become my apprentice. Eager lad, fond of breeding, wanting to learn from any female it would seem and he didn't seem happy with Jiang Yan's actions. If he is smitten with Meixiu then he will back whatever path she chooses."

Li Jun's fingers drummed on the table for a moment, there had been one thought troubling her.

"Are we sure the Jiang sisters would act against their brother without offical orders? I barely know Meixiu and it is a big ask."

The elder slowly nodded his head, "Lady Jiang Liyan is wise beyond her years, but is still temperamental. After hearing the demon within her brother speak in such a manner towards myself and his duty, she was the one to rush at him, in the process she collided both her and the Captain into a tree, causing a bout of unconsciousness. She already knows something has gone several wrong with her brother, her assistance will not be an issue."

His eyes squinted as a light sigh was released. "As for Lady Jiang Meixiu, I cannot say. She has never spoken publicly against her brother, she has maintained a neutral stance on nearly all matters. Her main concern was in making the Garrison a bastion as the Riots intensified. Yet, I too have informants situated in various parts of the Garrison, I sent both Jiang siblings here after that incident and have not heard of Jiang Yan escaping or leaving. It is likely that the Captain is still within this compound somewhere. It is only a matter of finding him now. On word from you two, the Captains, we will arrange a meeting with Lady Jiang Meixiu."
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby UnholyBlade » 03 Aug 2017, 16:18

Dai Ren frowned at the comments about this Ju Long and his propensity for breeding. His allies had odd tastes in jokes, though his being smitten was a ridiculous construct in Ren's mind. The thought of letting affections drive your life was not something he was interested in the least. "I remember the younger of the captain's sisters having a fondness for herbs and medicine. If he hasn't recovered yet, Liyan would likely be tending to him in the infirmary. I would like to keep this private, and I'm sure captain Jiang would be given a private room to rest. Perhaps we should attend to this sooner than later. "
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby Dong Zhou » 04 Aug 2017, 04:37

Li Jun shrugged, she still wasn't sure raising the Jiang family's notice was a good idea but Cai Bin was more experienced in these matters.

"As you wish Minister, we will go see the Jiang family."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby WesternConqueror » 12 Aug 2017, 14:02

WesternConqueror wrote:Ma Zang and Bo Lai

He makes his way towards the pair. Approaching them, he smiles at Ma Zang and Bo Lai, and with a polite nod, addresses them. "Greetings Sirs. I was walking nearby and could not help but overhear your conversation about what has been transpiring in the city recently." Stroking his short neatly trimmed beard, he continues in a friendly tone. "I have just recently arrived in Wan. And I too have heard that things are not well here, that there is trouble brewing. If you Sirs do not mind, perhaps we could have a chat over some wine?" Lifting his hand in a polite gesture of invitation, he looks at the 2 men, still smiling, waiting for their response to his overture.

The stranger waited with his invitation and his arm extended, but the two men did not respond to his overture. They merely stared and stared at him without a word. And the silence grew and grew until the moment became most awkward.

Huyan Lie's smile waned and died away. With a sigh and a shrug, he lifts his clasped hands in a gesture of respect to Ma Zang and Bo Lai, then abruptly turns and walks away. Within moments, the red-haired young man is swallowed up by the surging crowd and cannot be seen anymore.

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 25 Aug 2017, 00:56

The Path

As the saying goes, the path to hell is paved with good intentions. Try as they might, as many things went wrong for the fledgling administration as went right. The impact of the officers and politicians have certainly been felt within their ranks, and undoubtedly by the citizenry, for better or worse. Every time any of these rising stars come into contact with one another or begin to strike out on their own, new paths are being carved. Their actions show great promise, but the ramifications they have wrought have been nothing short of severe.

Fresh wounds do not always scar over as easily as we would like. Sometimes, they heal so well we forget they existed in the first place. Other times the wounds are not as easily contained and they begin to fester and pus. Though it is rare, sometimes drastic measures have to be taken in order to salve what remains. Could this be one of those times?

Once, they had gathered in the front of the newly erected Civil Office. Many voices their complaints for the first time in months. Some thought they would never see the light of day when the Turbans rose to power, others thought the new administration was just as corrupt. They were shoo’d away, none of them getting a chance to address their concerns. Twice, they gathered again in front of the civil office. Many had come, their hearts filled with anger and zeal, to demand that their grievances be addressed, and the government take responsibility. They were met with steel and blood from those who were to protect them. They were turned away by a forest of spears, wielded by thousands who were trained and willing to kill.

Thrice, they gathered. This time, however, things were not going to be the same. On this day, the sun was nearly at its zenith. The heat of the day was quickly rising, as were the tempers of some of the more malcontent citizens of the population of Wan. No longer was this about petty grievances, individual problems, or rowdy drunken revelers. This was about vengeance. This was about oppression. This was about freedom. Right?

Reports had begun to flow in. Patrols of guards returning from the central, western, and southern districts of the city made their way through the central complex in search of their superiors. Groups of civilians had begun actively rioting. It was known that the Captains of the guard, Li Jun, Dai Ren, and Jiang Yan were gathered with Senior Minister Cai Bin and Garrison Chief Jiang Meixu, and were discussing matters of great import to demand such a council. Such a gathering of notable figures in one place was always bound to attract attention, and made them easy to track down. Most notably absent from the meeting, however, was Grand Administrator Liu Shentong.

As patrol upon patrol returned with news, the picture that was painted was as clear as sparse battlefield knowledge could make it. Riots had begun breaking out in several locations across the city. Some squads reported only one, while others reported up to four or even five hostile gatherings. Most, however, had settled around three. One of these groups was gathered in front of the Civil Office, undoubtedly populated by those looking to finish what was started. One group was to the south of the central complex, but there was another group that was a much closer, only a mere few blocks away.

These reports, however, contained little mention of the numbers of those gathered. Some troopers reporting anywhere from a few, a bunch, a lot, a whole lot, or simply outright whistling or swearing at the number. The latter would ordinarily be met with reprisal from Dai Ren, but now was not the time to begin splitting hairs about conduct. Action was needed, and it was needed immediately. It was clear that someone was going to need to inform Liu Shentong of the developing situation.

((I'll try to be as objective as possible, reflecting the choices we all make, but if you've anything you want changed, feel free to PM me for a change or just RP it out yourself and I'll make adjustments as needed))

It was Jiang Liyan, the middle sibling of the Jiang family, who broke the tense meeting between the officials. Her frantic demeanor shifted attention away from their topic to their interrupter. She revealed that captain Jiang Yan had slipped out of the room she was tending him in. A soldier came to their room to report what was going on, and when she turned around the captain had disappeared. This brought the commotion in the room to a stand still. Here they were, discussing what had to be done about Jiang Yan, and he had slipped out from their grasp with full knowledge of the events that were transpiring.

If ever there was a need for a quick decision to be made the disappearance of the unstable Jiang Yan warranted one, but the group knew that they could not focus all of their resources on finding and bringing the captain to heel while the city . Cai Bin and Li Jun both resolved to find administrator Liu Shentong. Some soldiers reported he had returned from his patrol, and was gathering soldiers in the main hall of the central complex. It was clear that his leadership was needed if the city was going to rally and prevent itself from boiling over, and so the two set off.

En-route to locating their leader, several of Cai Bin's black robed aides had found the pair. Among the many missives and directives the elder statesmen had sent out was a hastily scribed note requiring the presence of one Huyan Lie to report to the command center. An earlier conversation with the young man had given Cai Bin an idea, and had decided he had need of that ingenuity.

Jiang Meixu had a propensity for the defensive, sensible, and pragmatic choices and decided to begin organizing the defense of the central complex from where they had gathered. She sent a runner to gather her adherent Ju-long Bai, and had centered her efforts toward protecting the grain stores housed in the central complex. Dai Ren found himself appreciating her style of thinking more and more as he was exposed to it. In many ways, it mirrored his own mindset. Before departing, Jiang Meixu instructed her older sister Liyan to return to her post within the medical corps. Their services were going to be in great demand soon enough.

Dai Ren opted for the defensive as well, gathering enough of the troops stationed at the central complex to begin marching a small unit toward the Civil Office towards the western side of town. As with the other locations, reports had been spotty about the numbers of people who had gathered. Armed with a much smaller force than last time, Dai Ren had to be prepared for the worst if he was going to try to maintain order and hold out if reinforcements were needed. He hoped by the Emperor's graces that wasn't going to be the case.
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Postby WesternConqueror » 28 Aug 2017, 12:45

The Path (Open RP)

Huyan Lie notes the change in the atmosphere. What had only minutes ago been a usual bustling market day has suddenly taken on a dangerous feel. Stopping, the young man looks up into the sky squinting his eyes, just in time to catch the blazing morning sun seemingly swallowed up by dark clouds that had appeared quite suddenly out of nowhere.

Frowning, the young man turns to look all around him - the streets, the people, everything that's happening all around - and finds that he is not the only one who had noticed the strange, sudden, and ominous sign. Here and there, individuals look up at the quickly darkening sky in apprehension. The calling of wares, the hustle and bustle of buying and selling, seem to fade away as everyone begins to be aware of the coming storm. In twos and threes, folks begin hurrying home. Peddlers begin packing up their wares. Mothers bundle up their little ones and hurry towards shelter. The very air crackles with a new tension that was not present mere minutes earlier. This is no ordinary storm. And there are some who sense its irresistible power rolling across the city, bringing with it great, fearful, and hopeful, change.

"Sir. Are you Huyan Lie?"

The young man turns around and sees two men dressed in the attire and cap of aides to government officials. The taller and older looking Aide had a professional, business-like demeanor, as if this were all in a usual day's work. The younger Aide however, had a harried distressed look about him, and continuously looked about anxiously while his hands seemed to be making small wringing gestures of helplessness.

Huyan Lie nods slightly. "I am Huyan Lie. What may I do for you?"

The older Aide bowed slightly and answered. "Sir. My Master requests your presence at the City Hall. This concerns matters of great importance to the safety and security of the people of Wan city."

"Who is your Master?" Huyan Lie asks.

"Senior Advisor Cai Bin."

Huyan Lie is quiet for a moment. The storm is coming. And those who would rise up to lead and protect the people are in motion. My time has come.

He nods at the taller Aide. "I will come. Lead the way my good man." Without the slightest hesitation, looking neither backwards nor to the sides, the red-haired foreigner turns from his path, sets his face forward, and follows behind the two Aides to where Destiny calls.

OOC - Any advice? I am unsure if the following riot plot RP is to be here on Wan City General Roleplay, at the Wan City Main Hall Roleplay, or Wan City Garrison Roleplay. :)

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer