Wan City General Roleplay

Re: Wan City General Roleplay

Postby Dong Zhou » 12 Apr 2017, 08:36

Apprentice

Li Jun raised an eyebrow at gut feeling, it wasn't the worst reason for coming to Wan she had ever heard but a gut feeling? Did Ju-long have a wish for danger that was coming out, was hiding a feeling there could be market for horses in Wan to escape? Going to a city facing war on a gut feeling seemed a strange move to her, a gut feeling was useful in her line of work but if it risked being suicidal, she went for her brain.

Even stranger was the offer to be her disciple. Li Jun was visibly startled as her mind retraced the words to make sure she had heard right. Yep, disciple. Not something one was offered every day if in the guards, that was more philosophers and scholars or faith-healers. Not someone who has actual work.

Li Jun shook her head, a little disturbed by the strange question.

"I know nothing of breeding horses, I do not see how I can help with that and of human breeding, you really need better wooing lines. I do not see how I can benefit you by having you as a disciple."

Wan's Civil War

Li Jun watched as the bodies were taken away and Jiang Yan began to prepare to speak, at least the markets could rebuild after that and the stench would fade as the wind picked up. The point had been made by having them displayed, though she would have preferred the walls, and now life could get back to normal. However pamphlets had been hitting her desk, kindly read for her by Jiang Meixiu, and she worried Wan was going to pay for the notice Jiang Yan had put up. Sun Xiang was overreacting, was probably some over excited youth who had too much energy, but there was some basis for complaint and it sure read better then Cai Bin's dry scholarly rebuttal. She feared the negative one would tap into the disgruntled and the hot heads a lot more then Cai Bin's, this was going to cause the guards some problems and it would feed into those who already had doubts about Jiang Yan.

When Jiang Yan spoke, it rolled back the years for her for awhile. This was the Jiang Yan that she had known in the past, the one she wanted Dao Lang to see, the brave and honourable guard, the man who cared for the city. It made even her stand up a little straighter, feel a little more pride in the work they did. She saw the final flourish as nothing more then the sort of offer no fool would ever really bring up and didn't take it as anything more then a speech device.

Today was a good day after all.
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 90-61-70-30-60 Skills: Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Rebel » 12 Apr 2017, 14:52

cjh1k2004 wrote:
OOC: Nice touch - I'm a dizi player IRL! Do you play the instrument as well?

The Office of the Department of Records had always had its standard contingent of guardsmen within the Wan Administrative Complex. A day or so after Sun Xiang gave away his pampthlets, however, Sun Xiang would walk into his office noticing that his guard contingent seemed to have doubled. More than that, it seemed that several of the guardsmen were giving him barely-concealed hostile looks.

Amongst the messages and mail of the day, Sun Xiang would find an unmarked envelope. Inside he would find a grey-feathered arrow, and a simple message.

Mail wrote:I'll be visiting you today, soon.

((Thanks! I can play a few tunes on the flute a little yes :wink: ))

Sun Xiang walked into his office and noticed the extra contingent and their barely concealed hostile looks. He rolled his eyes at that.

He read through the mail and shrugged. More threats and attempted intimidation. He tossed it aside like the junk that it was.

He walked out into the streets and passed through the town square where the corpses were being loaded away, hopefully to be buried. He wasn't sure if his act caused it, but at least there would be some display of dignity and sanity from the Guard Corps. He would take it.

He crossed his arms over his chest, listening as Jiang Yan spoke. This was the first time he had seen the man and he didn't know what to make of him. The only thing Sun Xiang could tell with certainty was that Jiang Yan was full of conviction of ideals he believed in.

So was Sun Xiang.

As the last of the corpses were carried away, Sun Xiang sighed heavily. Was it worth it? Making the Guard Corps hostile over something seemingly insignificant as mutilation of corpses of some petty criminals? He searched his heart and the answer came. He could not be part of something built on intimidation and fear.

It was worth it.

He shrugged and wandered off to some shop to buy himself honey and yogurt. Mmmm mmm!
Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-80-70-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Officer With Many Posts

Postby RCS » 12 Apr 2017, 18:54

Dao Lang utilized his connections amongst the merchant corps, if one could call it that, and the intellectuals among the city to spread his thoughts on the matter. In public a few times people approached and asked what the 'Deputy Prefect of Wan' thought of the situation regarding Xiaoquan Shen's rescue. Each time his answer was basically the same, each time it was a different person who asked. A few times it was even someone not in his employ hidden amongst the crowds...a few times, at least.
"I will say that I am proud of the success of our guard corps in rescuing Master Xiaoquan. It is thanks to smart fellows within the guard like Master Zhou that the mission was a success. And the criminals were rightly brought to justice. Display of their corpses is a rather traditional thing to occur...although I've never been one to enjoy placing them in the market. Dumpling stands tend to do poorly with a rotting skull beside them, and fabric stands take financial losses when blood drips on their wares. Highly unsanitary...perhaps placing them in front of the garrison would have been more appropriate?"
Every time he stroked his chin as if to revel in thought. "I know that as one of the wealthier and more esteemed men of the city, much like Master Xiaoquan, the guard will be there to protect me. I can't say for sure the same thing would have happened if it were just a farmer or a butcher who had been taken captive, but men of wealth and prestige...we are well protected under the eyes of Magistrate Liu's watchful captains."
He would shrug each time and grimace. "Although I must say, I hope the rest of the kidnappers are brought to justice soon. And my condolences go out to the relatives of the poor family who acted as a go-between to ensure Master Xiaoquan's safe return. It is unfortunate that the guard saw fit to sacrifice them without warning. Perhaps it is because I am not much of a military mind, in all honesty, but I would think it would have been ideal to trail them back to their hideout and eliminate the entire gang."
A laugh and a shrug. "But I suppose that's why I run the finances and not the swords. Merchants like myself naturally have a desire to mitigate collateral damage more than one would expect from a military regime."
A passing shot aimed at Liu Shentong...at the end of each 'spontaneous' discussion. Hard to tell why Dao Lang was in almost every quadrant of the city that day, perhaps inspecting something?
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby UnholyBlade » 13 Apr 2017, 01:41

cjh1k2004 wrote:The Spectacle 2: The Spectacling

Dai Ren's responsibility this day was to oversee the gruesome task of dismantling the displays in the marketplace. They had procured the wagons from the garrison, but the battered wooden frames of the vehicles had clearly seen better days, and the axles and wheels had clearly been spending a good deal of time baking in the sun. Perfect carts for hauling bodies, really. One didn't want to waste good wagon-space on such a morbid activity if at all possible. The raid on the compound ended with more civilian casualties than the young captain would have preferred, but was still a success by his count if not exactly perfectly executed.

He was glad to be taking down the displays, though he felt no sympathy for the fallen. Traitors to the Emperor got no quarter or sympathy from him. With the message the display sent, Dai Ren hoped that it had the intended effect of making the citizens feel safer knowing how swiftly and decisively the guard had been in taking down the criminals. With reports coming in of almost every sortie against the rebels achieving success, he felt a tangible sense of things beginning to take a turn for the better. True, helping shovel corpses into the backs of wagons wasn't exactly the greatest thing to occupy ones time with, but the bodies all had to go somewhere. If no one else would do it, Dai Ren would do what needed to be done, as always.

Yesterday, the missives that had been printed by the Historian and Minister Cai had reached his hands. It took a while for him to decode the particularly flowery language of it all, but he felt as if he had the gist of it. He, naturally, agreed with Minister Cai. Brutal Regime? Tyranny? Giving up freedoms? Dai Ren couldn't agree less with the Sun Xiang's treatise. The alternative would have been to let the kidnappers do as they wish in, not only violating the law and neglecting their duties as guardsmen, but sending a message that undermined everything that the officials of the city were working to protect. Perhaps more of the people in the compound could have been spared, but this course of action was better than none at all. He paid it no more mind once he reached his conclusion.

Most of the soldiers had stopped their work as Captain Jiang Yan had begun giving his speech. Even in his mind he did not blame his fellow troops. This work was not enjoyable or pleasurable in any sense, and even Dai Ren slowed to listen as the captain began speaking. He kept working, getting his hands just as dirty as the recruits he toiled with, but he listened. Though work of this kind was nearly always demoralizing, Jiang Yan's words rang true to Dai Ren's cadre. His rhetoric served to bolster their spirits as they continued. Dai Ren did not doubt his compatriots.

With the speech over, the carts loaded up, and the soldiers given a quick respite to catch their breath, Dai Ren mounted his horse and began leading the quiet procession out of the city to finish their work for the day. The inspiring words from the captain still held each of them, but the somber nature of burying dead bodies was just as prevalent. Dai Ren sought to push the issue no further, and as the wagons were emptied, they filled the unmarked graves back with dirt and made their way back to the garrison. Those soldiers accompanying him were given leave for the rest of the day, and told to appreciate their brothers in arms and families. As they departed, Dai Ren went back to work after removing his blood soaked uniform and cleaning his hands as best he could. They still smelled of the dead.

((Wasn't really intending on starting an RP with this, just wanted to throw my hat into the current situation and stretch my legs again, but I'm always up for one if some intrepid soul was ambitious enough!))
Dai Ren(26) 87-71-80-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current RPs - 0
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby cjh1k2004 » 17 Apr 2017, 06:18

Xu Yuan wrote:At this Cai Bin lost his calm veneer. He had just spent a small part of the day earlier writing a counter-pamphlet to Sun Xiang's assertions. Now if Jiang Yan were to continually act in a belligerent manner it put Cai Bin's political prestige in jeopardy and that cannot be allowed. He lightly slammed the table before his voice rose in commanding fashion, but did not rise to catch the attention of the patrons. "No! You will not continue that thought Captain! Dissenters are a given part of any society, by nature all people cannot be satisfied. You risk the breakdown of the very security of which you are protecting should you choose to antagonize Master Sun!"

Cai Bin glared at Jiang Yan before closing his eyes and sighing. "Do not forget Captain Jiang; Master Sun is your equal. He too holds a Military Rank. I will accept any varied opinions as people can be reasoned with, I have proven this time and again with my actions." His right hand balled into a fist and shook uncontrollably, clearly holding back a latent anger. "Had I only been at the negotiations... I could have avoided this entire matter." He placed his left hand over his right and eventually the shaking subsided. He turned his attention back to Jiang Yan as his look softened, he held a hand outstretched towards Jiang Yan. "Allow men of letters to attend to these issues. I have already addressed the Recorder's folly-filled pamphlet with one of my own. If you use force, intimidation, or coercion you damage the cause of which you strive for. Bear this wholly in mind."

At this outburst, Jiang Yan did not seem to react - at first. However, the atmosphere immediately became chilly, almost as though the temperature had suddenly dropped 10 degrees. It seemed that Jiang Yan's stare sharpened, as though Cai Bin were caught in the sights of Jiang Yan's drawn bow. After a minute or so, Jiang Yan began to speak, his voice cold and mechanical.

Jiang Yan: "... I trust what you do, but like you, I do what I must, Minister, because I have seen what happens if I don't. Don't forget about the other me, Minister. I may be young, but together with him I have seen much of what could have happened to society."

Jiang Yan's expression became grim, and though he was not the gibbering wreck before, Jiang Yan's eyes showed hard determination and a weariness beyond his years. Had he fully fallen to the influence of whatever was causing his madness? It was hard to say.

Jiang Yan: "We have seen enough, Minister. The time for idle words and chatter is past. The time for action is now. We will stop the fate that will befall Meixiu otherwise, and we will do whatever it takes to achieve that. Even if it means having to resort to unpleasant methods.

We will deal with Minister Sun. You need not worry about him."

The figure of Jiang Yan seemed to not notice Cai Bin's pro-offered hand, as he swooped out of the eatery with a swish of his grey cape and disappeared into the shadows of the alleys. This was most ominous - Jiang Yan had talked about the "other Jiang Yan" for awhile now, but now he spoke of "We"...

Rebel wrote:
((Thanks! I can play a few tunes on the flute a little yes :wink: ))

Sun Xiang walked into his office and noticed the extra contingent and their barely concealed hostile looks. He rolled his eyes at that.

He read through the mail and shrugged. More threats and attempted intimidation. He tossed it aside like the junk that it was.

He walked out into the streets and passed through the town square where the corpses were being loaded away, hopefully to be buried. He wasn't sure if his act caused it, but at least there would be some display of dignity and sanity from the Guard Corps. He would take it.

He crossed his arms over his chest, listening as Jiang Yan spoke. This was the first time he had seen the man and he didn't know what to make of him. The only thing Sun Xiang could tell with certainty was that Jiang Yan was full of conviction of ideals he believed in.

So was Sun Xiang.

As the last of the corpses were carried away, Sun Xiang sighed heavily. Was it worth it? Making the Guard Corps hostile over something seemingly insignificant as mutilation of corpses of some petty criminals? He searched his heart and the answer came. He could not be part of something built on intimidation and fear.

It was worth it.

He shrugged and wandered off to some shop to buy himself honey and yogurt. Mmmm mmm!

(OOC: Nice to find another fellow musician here! =D Were you a band/orchestra kid? Also, is yogurt really appropriate for this time period...?)

Right after Sun Xiang finished paying for his sweet dessert, however, the shopkeeper suddenly gave Sun Xiang a frightened look and scurried away to the back of the shop. Turning around, Sun Xiang would see the reason for this odd reaction.

The grey-cloaked figure of Jiang Yan stood right behind Sun Xiang, as though appearing out of nowhere... Perhaps he had dropped from the rooftops after his speech?

Jiang Yan: "Pleased to meet you at last, Minister Sun."

Jiang Yan's voice was light, and curiously neutral. Only the slight trembling of his right hand gave Sun Xiang any sign that the young guard captain was anything but. Jiang Yan had not taken off his hood, but the gleam of an intense stare could be seen from underneath it.

Jiang Yan: "So kind of you, to write that note. I take it you're not happy with the way we do things?"

Jiang Yan's voice retained the same light tone, but the intensity of the stare increased sharply as only an archer could stare. There was also a strange way he pronounced the word "we", but the reason behind that could only be left to Sun Xiang's imagination...
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Kun Tiao » 17 Apr 2017, 15:57

After the Xiaoquan Shen issue

Jiang Yan was a man of power, Meixiu was his humble younger sister, that was it. It was enough that her disagreement with him on regard of those killed bandits (why were they so easy to kill?) have been known in a close circle. Any further renouncing her elder brother's actions couldn't be right in any respect. Now the task of finding why and what was right or wrong was not her, and when need be she should be by his side.
Now, sad yet daring, she returned to Jiang house to live the life even more secluded, without going out to any city squares, at least in these days. The only difference was that from now she was, if strangely, known, and from now she was accepting visitors. Not by announcing it, but by not creatively avoiding them anymore.
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby Rebel » 19 Apr 2017, 15:49

((OOC: Oh its more of a hobby and I am not sure about yogurt in China but it was supposedly common in the nomadic herds of the Central Asian steppes since long before this time period. Plus I was having some when I wrote that so..yeah))

Sun Xiang noticed the frightened scurrying away of the shopkeeper as he held the bowl in his hand. He mixed the honey up with the creamy yogurt and took a sip(??) of the gooey sweetened delicacy as he turned around to find Jiang Yan in his face.

"Recorder. Recorder Sun. I don't believe I have ever held a ministerial position. In any administration."

He tasted some more of his dessert casually as Jiang Yan spoke before lowering the bowl.

"No. I believe the way you do things is meant to intimidate and scare the people into submission."

He looked back at the poor shopkeeper who would probably be hiding behind a wall or barrel somewhere. He turned to Jiang Yan.

"If left unchecked your methods will become more and more barbaric and savage. The dead have passed through the land of the living. Their crimes, as terrible as they may have been, cannot be undone by punishing what remains of their bodies. Mutilating the dead cannot be allowed in a sane, civilized society and so I challenged this insanity even if I find myself the only voice in Wan to do so."

He waved his hand as he went back to eating his dessert before looking over where the dead were nailed to stakes, not too long ago.

"I see you decided to remove them. Tell me, O Guard Captain, what drove that change of heart? And why did you feel the need to make this gross display in the first place?"
Sun Xiang

Rebel
Officer With Many Posts

Postby cjh1k2004 » 20 Apr 2017, 05:16

Rebel wrote:((OOC: Oh its more of a hobby and I am not sure about yogurt in China but it was supposedly common in the nomadic herds of the Central Asian steppes since long before this time period. Plus I was having some when I wrote that so..yeah))

Sun Xiang noticed the frightened scurrying away of the shopkeeper as he held the bowl in his hand. He mixed the honey up with the creamy yogurt and took a sip(??) of the gooey sweetened delicacy as he turned around to find Jiang Yan in his face.

"Recorder. Recorder Sun. I don't believe I have ever held a ministerial position. In any administration."

He tasted some more of his dessert casually as Jiang Yan spoke before lowering the bowl.

"No. I believe the way you do things is meant to intimidate and scare the people into submission."

He looked back at the poor shopkeeper who would probably be hiding behind a wall or barrel somewhere. He turned to Jiang Yan.

"If left unchecked your methods will become more and more barbaric and savage. The dead have passed through the land of the living. Their crimes, as terrible as they may have been, cannot be undone by punishing what remains of their bodies. Mutilating the dead cannot be allowed in a sane, civilized society and so I challenged this insanity even if I find myself the only voice in Wan to do so."

He waved his hand as he went back to eating his dessert before looking over where the dead were nailed to stakes, not too long ago.

"I see you decided to remove them. Tell me, O Guard Captain, what drove that change of heart? And why did you feel the need to make this gross display in the first place?"

(OOC: That's cool. I want to keep playing, but it's hard to find an orchestra to join once you're out of school... And I'm pretty sure the yoghurt of that sort hadn't filtered through to Chinese society yet, but eh... Who really cares!)

Jiang Yan did not immediately reply to Sun Xiang's questions and accusations. In fact... It wasn't entirely clear that Jiang Yan was even listening. Although his glare remained pointed as ever, Jiang Yan's expression remained curiously blank, and remained so for a few minutes.

After awhile, he seemed to come to his senses... somewhat? His right hand was still trembling, but Jiang Yan seemed to either not notice or not care about it.

Jiang Yan: "... We don't particularly care what you think of our methods. We have seen much more of war and suffering than you ever have or will ever be able to see."

Jiang Yan's manner of speech was strange, and it would not be lost on Sun Xiang. His reputation for madness preceded him, but if anything, it had progressed to something even stranger than what Jiang Yan had started with. It was certainly beyond anything that had been said about Jiang Yan's mannerisms before this.

Jiang Yan: "We will act in accordance with what we have seen, are seeing, and will have seen. A recorder, is it? You will soon see that we act along what history has recorded, and what history has not yet been recorded...

But that matters little. We have come to inform you of our decision. We will not hinder you, nor harm you as was our promise, but Jiang Yan has decided that you are to henceforth be relieved of all protection and privileges of the Guard Corps of Wan. The guards will neither protect you, nor come to your aid if you call for it. This we decree as the Head of Internal Security. We trust you will be happy to no longer be associated with the Guard Corps you so despise."

Jiang Yan's figure turned, and vanished into the dark alleys next to the shop. As he left, he gave one final parting look at Sun Xiang.

Jiang Yan: "This is not a threat, nor do we aim to blackmail you. We want nothing from you. This is merely... cause, and effect. Good day to you, Recorder Sun."

Jiang Yan has withdrawn all Guard protections and privileges against Sun Xiang, his family, and property. This order has been passed down to the Guard Corps of Wan, though no punishment has been proscribed against violation of the order. The order has only been made (and made known) to the Guard Corps (minus the other Guard Captains and Liu Shentong), and has not been publicised yet, unless Sun Xiang chooses to do so himself.
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Rebel » 20 Apr 2017, 14:20

Sun Xiang listened to the man's words, eating scoopfuls from his bowl. He was too focused on the yogurt to really notice or care about the glares or trembling hand. The manner in which the captain spoke however convinced Xiang more and more that he may be deranged. Not that Sun Xiang wasn't a bit of an eccentric himself, but this guy was way over the top when it came to being cuckoo in the head.

"Errr.. I don't believe I actually have any guard protection at the moment. Nor have I ever asked for security. Who do you think I am to deserve protocol? Some big shot royalty or a man with sacks full of gold that would need protection?"

He shook his head and having finished his bowl of dessert placed it on the shop counter as Jiang Yan departed. He smiled at the shopkeeper.

"You can come out now. The big ol' mean man is gone."

He looked back to ensure the crazy captain was gone before winking at the shopkeeper to brag a little.

"I think I scared him. Haha."

Sun Xiang left the scene to draw some maps of the forests south of Wan. He was quite convinced that it was the place to set up ambushes for the enemy army if they ever approached the city.

Yeah, the guard protection. Don't need it. Didn't ask for it. Didn't even know I had it. Take it away. Let the plots roll :lol: I look forward to rolling a 94 war, stealth(e), duelist(e), weapon-master(e) Assassin :twisted:

I am naming him Bat Man. Fun times! :zhaoyun:
Sun Xiang

Rebel
Officer With Many Posts

Postby Achira » 24 Apr 2017, 06:12

RP
Dong Zhou. Sorry for late post. Busy with planning/helping with my little sister wedding :D. Also to make a better understanding of the situation, I want to emphasize Ju-Long's POL 20 :P.

Ju-Long was shocked to hear that she thinks that he was 'trying to woo' her. Because of this, he made a step back to not intrude her comfort zone. He did not want people to think of him as a creep... that loves horses and try to woo each and every woman he comes across... He never had something on his mind like that. Ju-Long calmed down and stared at the ground for a moment. He was thinking about the words he could use, to prevent any further miss-communication.

After he gave a good thinking, he spoke calm and self-assured, after each sentence, a second of pause followed: "Guard Captain, I am not good with words. Perhaps you already noticed. I never intend to come up with 'wooing' lines. I understand that this conversation will raise many questions about me, especially because of the latest events in Wan... I only meant that I want to contribute to the safety of the innocent and the righteous people. About breeding horses, you do not have to worry about it. I will continue my travels and my study even if I, for example, perform guard duties. Perhaps my breeding skill could benefit to rebuild Wan, or other cities of the country."

He made a bow and said: "My apologies for my lack of vocabulary." and hoped that he somewhat cleared the situation.

Ju-Long felt a bit of... tired... his stomach growled... he sweated because of the journey... he was uneasy about the miss-communication he made... "What a good first impression..." he thought "It's better that I go to an inn and rest for the day."

Maybe this was a sigh for him that it was time for him to 'learn' to socialize. After all, you could say that he almost lived in isolation between horses...

He looked a bit of down and sighed "Guard Captain... If I may, I want to take my leave and rest for the day... I think I took more than enough of your precious time... Perhaps in the future, I could be of any assistance by keeping Wan safe. If you require my assistance, do not hesitate.

El Espectáculo - Wan, Town Square
After the misunderstandings with Li Jun, Ju-Long found himself a small quiet guesthouse at the edge of Wan. The guesthouse was actually a small house with a small kitchen, a room to hold guests and a small garden with a cherry tree. It has 3 rooms which 2 of them are for guests. The owner of this guesthouse was a little old lady who let Ju-Long stay, only if he helps her with her chores. Most of the times she was cranky and would lash out to Ju-Long. Ju-Long did not understand this but he did not mind. The old ladies chores varied from cleaning up the guesthouse, doing grocery, cooking and even massaging her old feets. Yeah, massaging...

Two days past and Ju-Long slowly became accustomed of the streets in Wan because he walked a lot. The other reason is to find another fellow breeder or even a master breeder. The second day in Wan, he walked, with some groceries in his hands, into the town square and saw that all the bodies... has been removed!? What did he miss? When did they remove the bodies..?

He just smiled and thought "Ah well, at least that is a step one. Also, the bad smell is gone." meaning that Wan is becoming more and more peaceful, at least he hopes. He looked around and saw that certain people are throwing buckets filled with water to the ground to remove the last of the 'filth'. People also were more high-spirited which made him smile. He shrugged and decided to go back to the old lady, or else she would yell at him again for being late...

Kun Tiao. A little bit of though to get in I think. With the latest events and if I am correct somewhere it says that the house is a bit of guarded. Don't want to take control of the guards but let us see if this works.

The fourth day in Wan Ju-Long decided to go out and see more of Wan. "Today the old lady is not home, she went to her grand-children. What a joy..." he thought while smiling and enjoying the sun rays on his face. Before he left he filled up his flask with water and 'borrowed' some cherries from the tree. He used a piece of small cloth he found and wrapped the cherries. Finally, he put his flask and cloth in the small duffle bag he took with him.

Across a big house, a mansion? He did not know exactly, sat a man. With rough clothes, full of dirt the man just stared at the ground. Ju-Long sat next to him and greeted him with a smile. The man looked a Ju-Long and, just stared at him. He continued staring at the ground. Ju-Long shrugged and took out his small duffle bag. He took out the cloth and presented the fresh cherries to the man. The man looked at the cherry and pointed at himself. Ju-Long nodded as a gesture to take some. The man gave a small smile and took some. Together they ate some.

Ju-Long noticed some guards patrolling the house. This raised his interest. Also, he noticed that the guards spotted him and kept him in mind. Ju-Long smiled at the guards, while the guards ignored him, of course keeping him in check. While taking a cherry in his mouth he asked the man "Who lives here?". The man looked at him and said nothing. Ju-Long was confused and asked, "Can't you speak?" The man shrugged. Even more confused Ju-Long spit out the pit of the cherry and stood up, giving the rest of the cherries to the man.

He walked to the entrance of the house and a guard was there to receive him. He said to the guard with a smile and his cherry aroma "Goodmorning, I would like to ask you if you know where a can find a fellow breeder in this town. Perhaps you can tell me more about Wan?" The guard was a bit of annoyed...
Achira
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: meeeh

Postby Dong Zhou » 25 Apr 2017, 05:09

OC: No problem, hope you had a good weekend. Yes, I'm aware of the bad pol :wink:

Li Jun's eyebrow raised at the thought of someone being a guard who took time off to travel and studying breeding. It wasn't bad for a guard to study to improve their skills, she was doing it herself but being a guard required a lot more work and dedication then she suspected Ju-Long could bring. His dream was to breed, it was better he looked elsewhere.

With a sigh, Li Jun looked sympathetically upon Ju-Long and nodded as he asked for leave.

"I do not think you are suited to guarding, your goals in life mean you need to seek another route in Wan, it would be unkind for me to hire you. Go and be safe Master Ju-Long, I wish you well in finding someone to train you."
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 90-61-70-30-60 Skills: Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Kun Tiao » 27 Apr 2017, 16:18

Ju-Long

The man on duty answered:

Life isn't easy now. We here in Wan, under Grand Administrator Liu Shentong, expect our city walls to be attacked by the rebels - today, tomorrow, who knows when. We hope that our commanders prove competent when the time comes and before. If this isn't something you don't seek at all at this time, it's one thing. Or - if you have what to talk with them about, you can possibly address one of military officials, maybe even Captain Jiang...
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Achira » 01 May 2017, 07:21

Kun Tiao

Ju-Long listened to the man on duty and nodded in understanding. He learned something new, the Grand Administrator is named Liu Shentong. Ju-Long could not help him thinking about the Guard Captain - Li Jun - he met on his first day here in Wan. He was confident, even though he don't know her much, that everything will be alright under her command.

When Ju-Long heard about the name... Captain Jiang... he had to think very hard, the name was familiar. The man on duty could see him thinking. Ju-Long closed his eyes and stroked his beard and repeated the name "... Captian Jiang... Jiang... Ji... Ang..." and opened his wide open like he saw a ghost. He realized that is the man that put all those rebels on the town square. He did not know how to feel to meet this man... Is not that he is scared or such, but he knew, it is better to avoid meeting people like Jiang because he knows sometimes the conversations he has leads to miscommunication, and with people with that have a certain status in the society that is 'badtimes' for him.

He chuckled and said to the man on duty "Well I am interested in talking with a person, but I assume Captain Jiang is a busy man, so I do not want to bother him. Isn't there someone else who could tell me more about Wan and the recent events?"
Achira
Veteran Officer

Postby Kun Tiao » 05 May 2017, 17:02

A girl of 15-17, dressed casually yet carefully, who could perhaps capture attention if looked at her if a bit longer than... but who knows, was walking out of the gates about that time, and heard and answered the end of the phrase.

"Captain Jiang? Perhaps he may be busy these days indeed. What say you if you talk to his junior sister? Well, me, Meixiu." She glanced down before looking back at the warrior. "Don't expect from me the serious decisions my elder brother makes, but otherwise perhaps I can be of any help?"

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby Achira » 08 May 2017, 08:01

Kun Tiao

Ju-Long looked at the young lady who greeted her. Ju-Long found that she looked young. Perhaps she is not? He could not know right now and ignored that thought. Ju-Long made a small bow and introduced himself to Meixiu: "Lady Meixiu, my name is Ju-Long Bai and I originate from Xiang Ping. I am honored for your time. A conversation with you seems to me very pleasant." and rose again while a friendly smile.

The longer he looked at Meixiu the more he began to blush. He noticed it and tried to hide it by looking to the ground. He hesitated and took his head bandana off and began to fidget the bandana. He responded to her question before he forgets it "Yes... Perhaps you could help me... I recently moved to Wan and lots of things happened. It is somewhat confusing." Remembering Meixiu name on the note he read the other day he continued with a smile "I am glad to see you safe, lady Meixiu. Because, so far I know, the recent event also has to do something with you. Correct me if I am wrong?"
Achira
Veteran Officer

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou