Turn submission thread

Re: Turn submission thread

Postby One Sun Mirror » 23 Aug 2018, 23:05

Day 3
Liu Jia

1. Movement
Probe movement, move along with the other Bamboo Sticks to one of the western dense forests. As I understand, this is to be (X215, Y238). Rebel or thegrandmystic may override this part if I have understood incorrectly.
Organisation will be:
- Shang Bao in the fore with 50 (51) trained infantry and 30 auxiliarieswho will scour for any hidden information about ambushes or signs of recent movements (Relevant Skill: Scout[Shang Bao]).
- Mao Ma Kan in the centre, following on with all 24 (28) archers, as well as 56 (4) infantry protecting these on the flanks.
- Liu Jia in the rear with the remaining 6 (51) infantry, 134 (4) infantry, 7 () cavalry, and wounded, prisoners and supplies. The cavalry, wounded and supplies will travel at the centre of this formation, with the 134 infantry making up the bulk of those travelling around the outside of the force.

2. Events
If engaged, escalating conflict is a last resort. Attempt to open a dialogue with any found in the forest, asking for assistance in the investigation being undertaken on behalf of the villages to the east who were recently raided. Those forthcoming with assistance or information on the forest will be treated well and rewarded. If hostilities arise, each individual commander will command their section of the line.

3. PT
Study; Riot
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby One Sun Mirror » 09 Sep 2018, 10:24

Day 6
Liu Jia

1. Movement
Probe movement with other Bamboo Sticks from current location to (X216, Y240). Slip away just prior to dawn. Mao Ma Kan leading the rear guard, Shang Bao scouting (with Scout) ahead.

2. Events
These are the orders for the night of Day 5's encampment.
Individual orders unless the players override them:
Shang Bao: First watch. Shang Bao organises an immediate response plan if the makeshift camp is attacked, especially from the west.
Mao Ma Kan: Takes a small group of troops to make an obvious attempt at clearing the roads. None of them should be put in danger to achieve this. Don't stray too far from the camp. Withdraw if meaningfully resisted.
Liu Jia: Second watch. Cycle the troops and ensure Shang Bao's defensive planning stays in place. Ensure preparations for a smooth early moveout (possibly relevant: Logistics(e)).

3. PT
Study; Riot
Gongsun Ji 83–55–75–17-77 Formation (e), Leader, Mobility, Raid, Scout

Skirmish Minigame
Liu Jia (162) 21, 60, 70, 80, 80 Aid, Articulate, Farmer, Logistics(e), Propaganda, Valor
说曹操,曹操到
One Sun Mirror
Experienced Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 09 Sep 2018, 11:47

One Sun Mirror wrote:Mao Ma Kan: Takes a small group of troops to make an obvious attempt at clearing the roads. None of them should be put in danger to achieve this. Don't stray too far from the camp. Withdraw if meaningfully resisted.

This is contradictory. You can't just venture off into a deep potentially hostile forest in the middle of the night and say "none of them should be put in danger". Making an obvious attempt to clear the roads intentionanlly invites attention. You can prioritise safety of the group over mission success, but no guarantees.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 10 Sep 2018, 02:30

Venture off? How far is our camp from the trees that are blocking the roads? I thought we were pretty close.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65
Volley, Missile, Counter, Medic, Invent, Navy, Spy

Sun Xiang
Current Stats: 70-30-81-77-70
Administration; Rumor; Scribe; Spy; Stealth; Wile

Previously: Huang Xiong (196, August) Styled: LiRen
Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 10 Sep 2018, 06:28

Rebel wrote:Venture off? How far is our camp from the trees that are blocking the roads? I thought we were pretty close.

It's not far, but it's outside the camp. And between making the obvious attempt to clear the road (which by definition aims to attract potentially hostile attention) and the safety of the team, you need to prioritise one or the other.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 11 Sep 2018, 11:25

We approach the fallen trees late at night, search the area to see if anyone is around and then make some noise as it we are trying to clear the path. We don't actually spend time clearing the trees.

We withdraw after five to ten minutes and set up an ambush at the rear of the departing troops and wait for any enemies before departing ourselves, after a couple of hours.

Just as the trees block the path of a large troop going west, they should block a large number of troops coming from the west too, unless I am missing something? Or can hundreds of men move back and forth with ease without clearing the trees?

EDIT: The aim is to throw the enemy off on the movement of our main force rather than attracting hostile action and waiting for the enemy to arrive at the exact spot where we make noise.
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 11 Sep 2018, 13:34

Just as the trees block the path of a large troop going west, they should block a large number of troops coming from the west too, unless I am missing something? Or can hundreds of men move back and forth with ease without clearing the trees?

Don't forget, you have spent less than a day in the forest, and the bandits have been here for months. While they can't move "hundreds" of men with with ease, they may well have ways (hidden paths) of getting around that you simply haven't spotted.

To illustrate, the heavy forest is something like this. Outside of the road and your camp, that's the amount of visibility you are getting. Do bear this in mind. For all you know at the moment, there may be some bandits (not too many, as an army will make some noise, but groups of a dozen men, sure) in hiding a couple of hundred feet from your camp and will not see them in the dark.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby Rebel » 12 Sep 2018, 13:46

Basically our choices are

1. Run into hostile enemies and suffer heavy casualties and injuries or
2. Leave the forest with zero intel because the enemy has been here for months and they are so well hidden that they can see us while we can't see them despite probing.

Here are my Day 6 orders then.

1. Movement

Leave the camp with 40 (4) infantry about half an hour before the main troop mobilizes. Make a lot of noise near the blocked path as if we are trying to clear it. Leave fifteen minutes later (unless attacked) and set up an ambush at the camp. If nothing happens for two hours, use elude movement and head south to rejoin the main troop. If enemy comes to the camp, try to ambush them or withdraw, depending on their size.

2. Engagement

Standard command. No negotiation expected. None offered. Do or die.

3. PT

Heal wounded troops or rest if healing troops is not possible. Attempt to escape if captured in battle :lol:
Mao Ma Kan
80-60-70-60-65

Sun Xiang

Rebel
Middle Aged Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 12 Sep 2018, 17:33

1. Run into hostile enemies and suffer heavy casualties and injuries or
2. Leave the forest with zero intel because the enemy has been here for months and they are so well hidden that they can see us while we can't see them despite probing.

There are other options too, they were even mentionned in passing in the roleplay. Not necessarily better options, but they do exist.

Anyway, now waiting for orders from the other teams (UnholyBlade, PorcelainCow, Phailak). If nothing happens, will run next turn during weekend.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 12 Sep 2018, 18:45

Ah, I thought we were still doing Day 5 events. My mistake. Could you post my Rest results after the conclusion of the skirmish?

Unit Changes - Troops: 28(20) + [38/wounded(20)]
Leader Changes - Dai Ren 88*-79*-81-20-30 - +1 Lead, +4 War

Day 6
Move four spaces east, from X:201,Y:232 to X:205, y:232. (Since I'm unsure if whether or not I was allowed any more move spaces after combat)
Rest.
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby ShadInquis » 12 Sep 2018, 20:18

UnholyBlade wrote:Day 6
Move four spaces east, from X:201,Y:232 to X:205, y:232. (Since I'm unsure if whether or not I was allowed any more move spaces after combat)
Rest.

You can treat it as moving on day 5 too (since fight happened in the morning). I'll apply rest twice (once for day 5, and once for day 6, unless other events interfere)
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Postby UnholyBlade » 12 Sep 2018, 21:32

On Day 5 I moved from X:205 to X:201. You're saying I should treat it as the battle happened before the move? If I have the right of it, I'll move DR from X:205 Y:232 to X:209 for Day 5, and then finish the move for Day 6 inside the city.
The Emperor's Aegis
Dai Ren 88-79*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby ShadInquis » 13 Sep 2018, 05:18

Finishing Day 6 inside the city is correct.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
ShadInquis
Veteran Officer

Previous

Return to Simzhou