Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Re: Wan City Garrison Roleplay

Postby 3vilpengwin » 25 Jun 2017, 00:38

He had a slight stumble as he wandered past the garrison. His hair was long and really... really needed a comb, brush, or just a haircut. Anyone who got too close to him for too long would notice that he smelled a bit of wine and probably had not bathed in a few days.

The one thing that made regular people leave him alone was the new, polished sword he was using as a walking cane to keep his balance. He stopped to watch a few of the soldiers practicing and openly scoffed. Without permission he walked up to one of the straw practice dummies in the garrison. He completely ignored a soldier who tried to tell him he was not allowed here, it was for soldiers only. Stumbling a bit as he watched the attack pattern some other soldiers were practicing he grabbed a bo staff that was leaning against the training dummy and rolled his eyes at the soldiers practicing as best as they could. Just as one soldier was coming up to remove him by force he flew into a blur of attacks against the practice dummy. In a matter of a few seconds most soldiers had stopped, noticing him brutalize the dummy. His final blow broke the arm off of the dummy with the bo staff.

Thasss how issss done
he slurred as he tossed the staff to the soldier who was about to try to remove him. With a flashy grin he began to stumble his way out of the Garrison.

(OOC: Open RP if someone wants to say hi or stop him or whatever)
51-95-51-51-52
Craftsman, Duelist, Fortunate, Stealth, Weaponmaster (e)
3vilpengwin
Officer

Kingdom: nope!

Postby Dong Zhou » 26 Jun 2017, 09:14

3vilpengwin

Concerned at the possibly homeless man coming into the garrison, word had been sent to the officer on duty that day, Li Jun. She had arrived just in time to see the stranger dismantle the practise dummy but when he stumbled towards the exit, Li Jun and her guards blocked the way. The guards had hands on their swords but the armoured Li Jun kept her hands away from hers. Li Jun offered the stranger her best, warmest smile but her tone was firm.

"While I am impressed at your disarming a dummy, who are you and what are you doing here? I do not recognize you as one of the guards of Wan."
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby 3vilpengwin » 26 Jun 2017, 20:15

Dong Zhou wrote:... I do not recognize you as one of the guards of Wan."

He stopped as the female officer approached him, shamelessly eyed her then gave her a sly smile.
"Well, that's probly because I'm not one. Just got in from out of town and was getting to know this town. Saw the guards practicing and I was bored so I figured I would show them how it's done.

So..." he runs his fingers through his long hair, pushing it out of his face, "you have a name to go with the uniform? The name's Zhang Ci, by the way." He seemed to be completely ignoring the guards unless an observant person watched his other hand. It stayed next to his sword hilt.
51-95-51-51-52
3vilpengwin
Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 27 Jun 2017, 07:48

"Li Jun, guard captain."

It was a matter of fact answer, she was fine with Zhang Ci keeping his hand to the hilt of his weapon, being surrounded by guards was going to make a man edgy and few would be stupid to go on the attack when odds were so against them. It was the eyeing her, was that to check a threat or did he need castrating?

"So do you often go into places you have no right to? Barracks is one thing but home owners and shop keepers might be rather less keen."

Li Jun let a thought run through her head and shrugged as she corrected herself.

"Actually guards do mind. We all need our private space, away from the public. If you wish to show guards how to fight, it would have been better you applied as an instructor then wander in like this. Are you here to apply or have any reason to come to the garrison?"

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby 3vilpengwin » 27 Jun 2017, 08:15

Dong Zhou wrote:"Li Jun, guard captain."

It was a matter of fact answer, she was fine with Zhang Ci keeping his hand to the hilt of his weapon, being surrounded by guards was going to make a man edgy and few would be stupid to go on the attack when odds were so against them. It was the eyeing her, was that to check a threat or did he need castrating?

"So do you often go into places you have no right to? Barracks is one thing but home owners and shop keepers might be rather less keen."

Li Jun let a thought run through her head and shrugged as she corrected herself.

"Actually guards do mind. We all need our private space, away from the public. If you wish to show guards how to fight, it would have been better you applied as an instructor then wander in like this. Are you here to apply or have any reason to come to the garrison?"

"Teach people to fight? That'd be a first," that seemed to be directed at himself. Keeping his hands close to his body he showed his palms in playful surrender.
"I wouldn't mind giving a few lessons for some coins." (No GP, just a RP excuse to have money to spend in later RP) He used his thumb to point at some guards and leaned in to whisper loudly. "They could really use it." He stood up straight as his hands relaxed at his sides. "So how about I hang out for the rest of the day and get (No idea what number to say since it won't change the character's gold total.) Sound good?"
He had a smile and a raised eyebrow. (If agreed he will offer his hand to shake on the deal)
51-95-51-51-52
3vilpengwin
Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 27 Jun 2017, 11:01

One of the guards gave Zhang a gesture indicating he didn't appreciate the insult but the rest managed to keep their discipline though the intruder might have seen a few frowns here or there, a few death glares. Li Jun rolled her eyes at the insult, not bothering to hide her annoyance but she took the offer.

"Fine, standard fee for instructor. I'll sit in to see if you can do more then throw some muscle around."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby 3vilpengwin » 27 Jun 2017, 13:30

Dong Zhou wrote:"Fine, standard fee for instructor. I'll sit in to see if you can do more then throw some muscle around."

"Sounds great." Ci looks around at everyone, quickly growing more calm and serious. "Let's get started."

He quickly asks a couple guards for help organizing the class, finding out what weapons they have to work with and how many he is responsible for training. Once he is focused on his task he almost completely ignores Li Jun. Once everyone is lined up on rows and armed, he begins teaching a series of simple attacks. He follows that with simple ways to either block or counter the attack. When he is addressing the class as a whole he is almost arrogant and obnoxious. But when he approaches a student to correct their form he speaks much softer and tries to honestly be constructive.

Later in the day he pulls a small group who have the first set of patterns down. These are mostly men and women who remained behind after the magistrate departed so they already have some experience. He quickly teaches them more advanced counters and forms them into groups of three where one uses a specific block to make the attacker defenseless against their friend. He explains that it's always good to have someone watching your back in a fight and, if you can help each other out, you can go back and forth taking down enemies who come at you one at a time. While he let students pause for breaks and food during the day he only stopped to sip from a jug he brought with him. That way he made sure to always have some students to work with.

At the end of the day he brings all of the warriors he was training together to give a quick talk. "I hate teaching," he began, "and I don't think I'm much good at it. I'd much rather make some weapons and armor, use some weapons and armor, or drink too much with some friends. Now, I wasn't impressed with any of you when I got here, and I'm still not. But I do think some of you have learned something that will help keep you alive next time someone takes a swing at you.

Every fight you can do anything about ends up a brawl where the only thing matters is that you stay alive and whoever you're fighting stops trying to kill you. Never stop practicing the basics, 'cause everything comes from them, just like walking. If you can't walk, you can't run. Once you're ok with those, pick a brawl buddy and practice guarding each other's backs. I taught a few of you the basics for that.

Honestly, against drunks in the street or thieves in the night, that's all you'll need. Even against trained soldiers you'll be able to hold your own as long as you aren't lazy. Now get out of here. I'm hungry and I'm out of alcohol so I gotta go find a tavern."

"But first..." he mumbled to himself, looking around. When he spotted Li Jun he gave her a wave and stood, mostly watching the soldiers go on their ways.
51-95-51-51-52
3vilpengwin
Officer

Postby Dong Zhou » 28 Jun 2017, 09:31

Li Jun waited for Zhang Ci to come to her and the bag of gold in her hand, having watched his training for most of the day. She had to slip out some times for other business but one of her personal guards would stay to keep watch and report to her when she was back. Assuming he came for his payment, Li Jun gave him an honest assessment of his training.

"Your a very skilled fighter clearly, far better then myself. You seem to have some organizational ability and the guards will have benefited from your small group work so thank you for that. I fear however if you stayed as instructor, you would lose control of the troops and I'll have to lift up some of them now your done with them."

Li Jun handed over the bag of gold, giving another look at his choice of attire before shaking her head. She wondered if he would ever have agreed to dress up to the standards the guards required, being a public figure required some pride in appearance.

"If your any good at crafting, you might want to consider working for the city and achieve your goals that way. You don't come across as someone with the manners required to be a good businessman or the cash if you needed this payday to set yourself up. Government work would get you a steady income and a chance to build your reputation as a crafter of weapons for any future work."

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby 3vilpengwin » 30 Jun 2017, 09:49

Dong Zhou wrote:... Government work would get you a steady income and a chance to build your reputation as a crafter of weapons for any future work."

Zhang let her win the contest of wills and he was the one who walked over to her. He accepted the payment and listened while she told him about the possibility of government work. At the end he was glancing at the few weapons the city guards had.

"I'll keep that in mind. This feels like enoigh to get me set up and started." He stretched and made sure he had all his things. Before he said goodbye he glanced around at the guards.

"They aren't bad. Just make sure they spend some time on those exercises every day. After a while you could take a swing at one of 'em and they will block and counter without thinking. It could save their lives one day." He glanced down at the gold he was carrying then back at her. "Thanks for the chance to get a workout in. I guess I'll see you around."

He would wait for a moment in case she wanted to say goodbye. But unless she tried to stop him from leaving he would leave with a wave and find a place to get some alcohol and food.
51-95-51-51-52
3vilpengwin
Officer

Postby Kun Tiao » 30 Jun 2017, 16:46

Li Jun

It seemed like this talk was about to be concluded, and so Meixiu moved it towards this point.

"I think, when in command of a city, the task of finding recruits can be delegated to the responsible from the people. Of course when the army is on the move your way can do to pick hands. But I my duties demand me to get back to it, I am still too new in it all and there there is still so much to be done. Where can I find you later if we can continue our speaking?"
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V4(176)JiaoKuntiao76-56*-83-52-64*
V3
Kun Tiao
Really needs a custom title by now.

Kingdom: Where is your heart?

Postby Dong Zhou » 01 Jul 2017, 10:31

Kun Tiao

Li Jun understood that Meixiu was busy.

"If I'm not on patrol or at home then you will find me working here in the barracks. What about you, where can I find you if need be?"

Officer Profile

Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Postby Kun Tiao » 05 Jul 2017, 16:51

Li Jun

Simple was the answer. "If I am not in the recruits camp or in the city, I should be in Jiang home and I heartly welcome you there any time when your duties will allow it."
V5 Miao Li Houa, 20, 38*-76*-105*-70-93*, Aid (e), Articulate, Loyalty (e), Civil Engineer, Charming, Cunning, Medic, Mystic (e), Propaganda, Rally (e), Reversal, Rumor (e), Tactician (e), Zeal

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby cjh1k2004 » 06 Aug 2017, 10:01

(OOC: Closed RP for Cai Bin, Li Jun, Dai Ren, and the Jiang siblings (Xu Yuan, Dong Zhou, UnholyBlade, Kun Tiao))

Wan City Garrison, Jiang Yan's office

Guards could usually be found standing outside Jiang Yan's office, but today it seemed that even that normal guard detail was heavier than usual. In fact, this detail included several grey-cloaked archers standing at advantageous points along the roofs of the garrison. Neither the normal guardsmen nor the archers of Jiang Yan's unit seemed entirely at ease with each other... Part of this, of course, was due to the continuing unrest in Wan even after the initial riot was dispersed at the Civil Offices, but the other reason lay within the office.

--

It had been a long while since the three Jiang siblings were reunited under one roof, and yet here they all were in Jiang Yan's office. Jiang Liyan, the middle child, sat at a desk, poring through stacks of books while grinding a bowl of herbs.

Liyan: "... There's nothing I can find about remedies to mental ailments, beyond this calming concoction we use at the medical outpost."

That was addressed to the youngest child, Jiang Meixiu, who currently sat at Jiang Yan's desk. As to why Jiang Yan, the eldest, was not at his desk instead - this was because Jiang Yan currently lay in bed, for all intents and purposes appearing to be asleep. Yet, his hands and feet were bound together with rope tightly - Jiang Yan's actions at the Civil Office had not escaped the watchful eye of Minister Cai Bin, who had ordered him bound up and transported back to the Garrison after his "outburst". Liyan had then kept him unconscious with a knockout herbal mixture she had been administering to him every hour since.

Liyan: "We can't keep him drugged like this forever. Why do you think this is happening, Meixiu? Are they going to punish big brother?"

Liyan's voice was tired, as she glanced at her sleeping and bound-up brother in his bed. Just what had happened at the Civil Offices? Who was that... thing, that spoke in her brother's form and voice? She didn't know what was happening, and the strain it was causing her was evident in her voice and demeanour.
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

Postby Kun Tiao » 11 Aug 2017, 13:51

Meixiu gazed at Liyun, then back to Yan, then at Liyun again. "We need to talk to our brother. Slowly wake him up and talk, let him say what is happening in the city and everywhere, what he supposes must be done and why. Let's make him some tea and, when he is awake, he should't find himself bound, it shouldn't be evident that something is odd. We can say he was feeling not very well, how good he is feeling better. Do you think it might be the only way we have, sister? And - from what you've seen or heard, what things did he say or do in presence of this Cai Bin?"

V3
Kun Tiao

Postby cjh1k2004 » 12 Aug 2017, 14:47

Kun Tiao wrote:Meixiu gazed at Liyun, then back to Yan, then at Liyun again. "We need to talk to our brother. Slowly wake him up and talk, let him say what is happening in the city and everywhere, what he supposes must be done and why. Let's make him some tea and, when he is awake, he should't find himself bound, it shouldn't be evident that something is odd. We can say he was feeling not very well, how good he is feeling better. Do you think it might be the only way we have, sister? And - from what you've seen or heard, what things did he say or do in presence of this Cai Bin?"

Liyan glanced at Meixiu, then looked down again. It was clear she was having trouble coming up with the right words to say to her little sister. Nodding at the suggestion to make tea, she began to fill a small pot of water from a pitcher on Jiang Yan's desk.

Liyan: "Meixiu, I... I saw him shooting civilians. They were rioting, but he still shot them nonetheless."

Liyan slowly hefted the pot to a small charcoal stove. As the pot of water slowly began to release small wafts of steam, Liyan sat watching, hugging her knees drawn to her chest.

Liyan: "It was as if he didn't see me when Minister Cai and I went to confront him about that. He... it wasn't him, Meixiu. You know our brother. Whoever it was in Yan's body, it wasn't big brother. That thing, it... It said the Han people were disgusting, or something like that, and the way it smiled..."

Liyan shook her head, still staring at the slowly heating pot.

Liyan: "That thing almost let the mob in to tear us apart, me and Minister Cai. I tried to stop him, but only ended up knocking the both of us out. Next thing I know when I wake up, Cai Bin told me to keep brother sedated and bound..."

Liyan sighed.

Liyan: "Surely you've heard what the soldiers call brother, Meixiu - You come here more often than I do. They call him the Mad Captain. The last time he lost it in front of me, he almost shot Captain Dai Ren and Minister Cai too, and Cai Bin said he was being driven mad by some entity from the southern barbarian lands, or something..."

She shook her head. That seemed ludicrous; preposterous, almost, and yet here she was, unable to contemplate any other alternative explanation.

Liyan: "I... I don't think we can remove his ropes at least, Meixiu. Cai Bin himself is about to come here shortly, anyway.... Ah, damn it. This all sounds absolutely ridiculous, I'm sure... I'm sorry..."

Liyan burrowed her head into her knees. Here she was, babbling to her younger sister, sounding for all she knew just as mad as her "Mad Captain" brother. Confusion was evident in her demeanour, and Liyan could only imagine what would happen when Cai Bin came to Jiang Yan's office...
Jiang Yan V6 Pregame (21)
90-81-60-30-29
Counter, Leader(e), Loyalty, Missile, Valor, Volley
Head of Internal Security (Military Rank 1)
Co-starring the two little sisters Jiang Liyan (shared with Kun Tiao) and Jiang Meixiu (played by Kun Tiao)!
Jiang Yan V5
cjh1k2004
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: Miao! And now Wan!

PreviousNext

Return to Simzhou