Simzhou OOC Thread

Re: Simzhou OOC Thread

Postby RCS » 17 Jul 2017, 14:07

Dong Zhou wrote:I bet Dao Lang's farmer was involved and it was a really clever long con so really, not Li Jun's fault. We should blame Dao Long

On an unrelated note first skill for main game PC will be Fortunate :wink:

Hmm...it'd be a shame for the opposing political parties if Dao Long just up and donated the whole slew of food to the people as a personal action. Reeeaaal big shame. :twisted:
www.RichardCShaffer.com

Pre-game:
Dao Lang (43) of Wan
12-10-80-90-76
Acumen, Architect, Charming, Farmer, Logistics
RCS
Accidently Han Fu'd

Postby WesternConqueror » 17 Jul 2017, 15:51

Some questions on Battle rules. Please bear with me if they seem silly. And please let me know if this is not the correct place to ask these.

Question #1: With Formation(e) skill, can an officer get his unit to execute the following battle tactic?
Guan Yu
Duels: Accept all.
Movement: Advance towards Chang Ban Slope using following method - change to Column formation, then move, then change back to Block formation.
Attack: Attack when possible while moving towards the Slope, 1st by changing to Anvil formation, then using the following methods, and after attack change back to Block formation:
1) Rockslide
2) Riot
3) Slow
4) Melee attack

Basically I wish to understand what does "...On your turn, you may Change Formations as a free action..." mean.
Formation (3sp)
Your unit may start battle in the Anvil (+5 ATK and -5 DEF); Block (-5 ATK and +5 DEF, -5 Ranged Attack); Arrow (-5 ATK, -5 DEF, and +5 Ranged Attack); or Column (-5 ATK, -5 DEF, -5 Ranged Attack, and +3 MP) formations; or you may start as the default formation. As your action for the turn, you may Change Formations between any of the above.
(e) -- On your turn, you may Change Formations as a free action.

Question #2: An officer with Logistics skill causes every unit on his side to consume less food?
Logistics (2sp)
Food consumption for this army is reduced by 20%. +1MP, +5 Attack and Defense when commanding a Transport unit. May use Formations as a Transport unit. Unit Limit for Transport units increases by 50.
(e) -- Food consumption reduced by 30%. +2MP when commanding a Transport unit, and a further +50 Unit Limit.

Question #3: An officer with Logistics skill may use formations when commanding a Transport unit even though he doesn't have the Formations skill?
Logistics (2sp)
Food consumption for this army is reduced by 20%. +1MP, +5 Attack and Defense when commanding a Transport unit. May use Formations as a Transport unit. Unit Limit for Transport units increases by 50.
(e) -- Food consumption reduced by 30%. +2MP when commanding a Transport unit, and a further +50 Unit Limit.

Question #4: Reversal skill allows reversal of any ploy even those not normally useable by the officer?

Reversal (1sp)
If a ploy fails against this unit, this unit will immediately use the same ploy against the acting unit (no TP or action cost).
Huyan Lie 70-30-90-42-69 Tactician, Formation(e), Wile, Terrain

***Intervene in the Riots plot***
Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
In a lifetime of sorrow!"
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: I stand alone

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2017, 16:33

1. Normally you must change formation via the "Change Formation" command which costs, 5TP. If you have the skill, there is no cost.

2. "Army" means the "Army unit", so just the officer's unit. Some better wording could help.

3. As I understand this, yes.

4. Yes.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby WesternConqueror » 17 Jul 2017, 17:08

ShadInquis wrote:1. Normally you must change formation via the "Change Formation" command which costs, 5TP. If you have the skill, there is no cost.

Thanks for your reply Shad.

So normally, during its turn, a unit may use Change Formation command as many times as the commander has the TP to spend. But with Formation(e), it can now Change Formation as many times as desired in its turn since no TP is expended.

Is this correct?

So this Battle Tactic can be executed?
Guan Yu
Duels: Accept all.
Movement: Advance towards Chang Ban Slope using following method - change to Column formation, then move, then change back to Block formation.
Attack: Attack when possible while moving towards the Slope, 1st by changing to Anvil formation, then using the following methods, and after attack change back to Block formation:
1) Rockslide
2) Riot
3) Slow
4) Melee attack

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer

Postby ShadInquis » 17 Jul 2017, 17:47

Not quite:
When a unit is able to take its turn, it will be able to move and either use a Command or a Ploy. These can be done in any order- you may move and take an action, or you may act and then move.

For each unit TP is equal to its Commander's (Lead+War+Int)*(0.5).

At the end of each month, all units on the field will regenerate (Int/2) TP, not going beyond their maximum TP.

So normally it's one action per turn, with Formation (e) you can do change formation as a free action and then do another action.

So "change to Column formation, then move, then change back to Block formation", could be done, but it would take a full turn and not necessarily best (if you are within attacking range of an enemy, you may as well attack them)

The attack tactic would take at least 4 turn to execute.
V6 Pre-Game
Li Sheng (18)
32-92*-80-31-60
Duelist, Fortunate, Scout, Spy, Stealth, Weaponmaster(e)
ShadInquis
Experienced Officer

Postby Sun Xin » 18 Jul 2017, 02:06

so did i just miss the post about the outcome of the riot tactics or is it still being processed?

also are the riot RP's over or whats going on with that?
Xin(165)
20-20-80-70-90
Skills: Acumen, Charming(e), civil engineer, networking, wealth
Sun Xin
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby UnholyBlade » 18 Jul 2017, 02:31

Nah. I think we've all hit a point with our riot RP's that we're just waiting for it the staffers to actually start rolling the dice to see how it all plays out. I've committed my character to the tactics I've written now, so I don't have much to do with this arc until it gets run.

That being said, nothing's stopping anyone from starting up another RP anytime they want :)
Dai Ren 87-74*-81-20-30
Counter, Fortunate, Leader(e), Loyalty, Reversal, Volley
Current RP - 0
If you need me, PM is the best way
UnholyBlade
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Granseal

Postby Dong Zhou » 18 Jul 2017, 04:28

On the riot:
Sir Ebrum wrote:I did not intend or plan for the riot to become such a huge quest. So, it's going to get integrated into the 3rd Simzhou crisis similar to how "Save Xiaoquan Shen" was integrated into the 2nd, so as not to impede progress elsewhere. Current priorities are (in order):

1. April PT #1 Results
2. Misc Loose Ends
3. The 3rd Simzhou Crisis (now including riot events)
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Sir Ebrum » 18 Jul 2017, 22:30

What Dong Zhou said.
I'm still on the "loose ends" part, before we start the next crisis.
Sun Liren (54) ~ 55*-57*-81*-108*-107* ~
Acumen, Architect(e), Articulate, Charming, Farmer, Invent, Propaganda(e), Rally(e), Riot(e)

"By GM fiat, you are not allowed to perform that action. Your character's Wisdom score is too high."
Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

Kingdom: Team Green

Postby Xu Yuan » 18 Jul 2017, 22:32

I was a little confused, does that mean the Aftermath of the Riots will be the 3rd Simzhou Crisis, or is the Riot's outcome itself now considered part of the 3rd Simzhou Crisis?
Pre-Game

Cai Bin 蔡臏
5-10-65*-100*-86* (68)
Articulate. Negotiator(e), Propaganda, Networking, Rumor, Wealth, Riot
Gold: 4
Items: Black Onyx Elephant Pendant (+1 Int, +1 Pol, +1 Cha), Book of Rites (+2 Pol), Classic of Filial Piety (+2 Pol)
(V5) Mi Zun
Xu Yuan
Cao Cao’s Duck Hat

Kingdom: Han

Postby Sir Ebrum » 19 Jul 2017, 01:36

Xu Yuan wrote:I was a little confused, does that mean the Aftermath of the Riots will be the 3rd Simzhou Crisis, or is the Riot's outcome itself now considered part of the 3rd Simzhou Crisis?

The latter. Due to popular demand, officers will be able to intervene in the riot instead of picking one of the other crisis options (just like saving Xiaoquan Shen during the 2nd crisis).
Sun Liren (54) ~ 55*-57*-81*-108*-107* ~
Acumen, Architect(e), Articulate, Charming, Farmer, Invent, Propaganda(e), Rally(e), Riot(e)

"By GM fiat, you are not allowed to perform that action. Your character's Wisdom score is too high."
Sir Ebrum
Dangerous Cartographer
Dangerous Cartographer

Kingdom: Team Green

Postby Xe of Greed » 19 Jul 2017, 01:42

Sir Ebrum wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote:I was a little confused, does that mean the Aftermath of the Riots will be the 3rd Simzhou Crisis, or is the Riot's outcome itself now considered part of the 3rd Simzhou Crisis?

The latter. Due to popular demand, officers will be able to intervene in the riot instead of picking one of the other crisis options (just like saving Xiaoquan Shen during the 2nd crisis).

Is there going to be another obviously suicidal option that basically reads "Hey Xe, choose me!"?
Punished Jia Liang 22*-20-71-90-80, Administration (e), Articulate, Civil Engineer, Fortunate, Propaganda,

Princess of the Jia clan, Jia Xiuqing!
Xe of Greed
Romans Can't Spy

Kingdom: Those Wan Nerds

Postby JBL » 19 Jul 2017, 08:34

Chen Ping wrote:-the fishmonger is back for an encore! hopefully lu shun can end the one-man quest to wreck our officer corps :lol:

I wouldn't hold your breath on that! Despite being here since V1 I've never fared well in dueling. The GM's dice were never favorable to me!

ShadInquis wrote:I've just realised the fishmonger is back! Request to do an RP post from him again.

Sure I've just sent you a PM with a rough outline of Lu's Character.
Lu Shun (32) 70-70-60-70-70 "The One That Got Away"
Skills: Artisan, Breeder (e), Craftsman, Invent, Military Engineer, Scribe
JBL
The Wrestling God

Kingdom: Admins

Postby WesternConqueror » 20 Jul 2017, 15:17

Just wanna say here I'm stupefied by the massive amount of effort put into setting up a game.

Reams and reams of data to be filled up, and not in random but with careful considered thought, and in collaboration! Was just reading the v6 NPC statting thread, and many others.

I have no doubt running the game takes massive effort too.

A big Thank You!!! to all the staff and the volunteers! For doing this through the years!

Plot Thread
Tactics Discussion
Finalized Tactics

"Facing my wine,
I break into song,
How rare is this moment,
WesternConqueror
Ranking Officer