Tactics Discussion

For the tactical-minded.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters, Admin Team

Re: Tactics Discussion

Postby Lionheart » 20 Nov 2012, 16:19

That looks good, SYL. Might I suggest though that Lu Bu attempts to Trample before he Fire Raid?
~ Wang Jin (Male, 155-193)
~ Hua Xin (Male, 157- ???) 37-54-67-90-71 | Skills: Acumen, Administration, Civil Engineer, Farmer, Investigator, Networking, Propaganda, Rumour
~ ???? ?? (?, ???) ??-??-??-??-??
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Kingdom: Chen Wei

Postby General Yuan » 25 Nov 2012, 19:32

This is just a suggestion but shouldn't the Alliance try falling back so they can focus their attacks on Lu Bu? Either that or just go for him with everything they've got in a co-ordinated attack?

Something needs to be done about him... :shock:
V6 PRE-GAME
Yuan Xiang (26)
75-72-70-50-50
Aid, Charge, Formation, Leader (e), Reversal
Pair of Cooking Knives (War +0, Dices a mean radish)
General Yuan
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: The Coalition

Postby Dong Zhou » 25 Nov 2012, 19:57

General Yuan wrote:Something needs to be done about him... :shock:

Keep duelling him! :D
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby SYL » 25 Nov 2012, 20:55

It's a surefire way to victory! :D
Pre-Game Guest Star:

Guo Zhao (53) 84-69-73-36-60
Counter, Formation, Fusillade, Leader (e), Volley
SYL
Good one, sir!

Postby The fearsome Hun » 26 Nov 2012, 00:14

Wu Anguo will accept that challenge. Lu Bu is no match for the leader of the alliance vanguard...

V6: GMNPC - Wu Anguo
A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
The fearsome Hun
Game Master
Game Master

Location: Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!

Postby Calistoknight » 26 Nov 2012, 03:18

The fearsome Hun wrote:Wu Anguo will accept that challenge. Lu Bu is no match for the leader of the alliance vanguard...

BEST FIGHT EVER!
Pre-Game:
Xu Bao (42)
Stats: 66-87-80-40-63
Skills: Arson, Artisan, Craftsman (e), Logistics, Military Engineer, Weaponmaster
Items: None
Calistoknight
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: N/A

Postby Han1977 » 26 Nov 2012, 07:25

Let's hope his low Lead would hinder his attempt at dueling Lu Bu :P .
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby webby » 26 Nov 2012, 17:37

Wen Chou Move to (X241, Y178) use jeer on Lu Bu
Yuan Shao Move to (X241, Y177) use discord on Lu Bu
Gongsun Zan move to (X243, Y177)
Xiahou Yuan moves to (X240, Y178) Sets an Ambush
Yan Liang move to (x240,Y177) Charges Lu Bu's unit
-Pregame V6-
Nǎo Zhàndì F/17, 71-72-82-60-65
Cunning, Reversal, Rumor, Strategics, Tactician, Vehemence, Wile

I am Qilin, and when I secure my arms and armament, I shall prepare the way!
webby
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Sun Tang » 26 Nov 2012, 20:28

Lu Bu should fall back to the safety of Hu Lao gate.
Wei Xu is likely a goner because his low initiative and low troops and wont be able to fall back i assume, but still try escape.
Guo Si should rain down his arbalests and volley and/or focus ranged attack on Gongsun Zan.
Li Ru attempt to do ploys on lowest int
Lu Bu attack from the gates and offer duels.

I guess Dong Zhuo could consider sending more units, at least a cavalry and an archer unit if possible and supplies, i think perhaps he can exhaust the alliance forces into falling back eventually.
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

Postby Lionheart » 26 Nov 2012, 20:45

Can't have Lu Bu fall back to the gates. If we do, that'll open up the gates...and when his unit is wiped, then the Alliance will just be able to flood into Luo Yang.

I also already posted tactics for the next round--please delete yours.
~ Hua Xin (Male, 157- ???) 37-54-67-90-71 | Skills: Acumen, Administration, Civil Engineer, Farmer, Investigator, Networking, Propaganda, Rumour
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Postby Sun Tang » 26 Nov 2012, 20:51

Ok i deleted them. Trying to figure out how these tactics work, but i think i get it now. This is to discuss, the other one is official. Got it.

I don't understand why the gates will remain open if he falls back (i am new to battles and gonna study rules more) and even if that is the case, wouldn't it limit the alliance forces ability to simultaneously attack him and keep them from surrounding him?
Last edited by Sun Tang on 26 Nov 2012, 20:59, edited 2 times in total.
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

Postby Lionheart » 26 Nov 2012, 20:57

It's in the battle rules. If a unit that owns the gate steps onto the gate tile, it is considered to be opened for all intents and purposes. So if the unit is wiped, then any enemy unit can flood through. Also keep in mind:

- Lu Bu and anyone outside the gate really, are goners. Not much can be done to salvage that.
- Yan Liang, Wen Chou and Wu Anguo are hotheads who will probably do their damnest to duel Lu Bu. We want this to happen!
- *3* Alliance units have been routed, and Gongsun Zan's unit has lowered stats from him being wounded (and hence, his initiative is lowered). He's about to wipe, and that's why Wei Xu and Lu Bu need to concentrate on him.
- Xiahou Dun's unit is Rioted, and cannot act this turn. This gives Wei Xu some extra life.
- The Alliance has only one archer unit, and it looks like he might be falling back a little.
- The gaggle of Cao Cao/Yuan Shao/Yan Liang has so far been untouched, and is the largest grouping of enemies on the map. Ergo, the Imperial Arbalests should be aim for them first.

As far as reinforcements go...well, I don't think that any are coming. Not unless they're RPed for. I'm going to try to do something about that myself, but I could use all the help that I can get. :)
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Postby Sun Tang » 26 Nov 2012, 20:59

Ok i saw the rules and i understand now that is is considered opened. I still think it might be the only chance the DZ forces have, based upon what i previously said, but long term success of the battle would require DZ to send more units to relieve Lu Bu. Maybe Lu Bu should just more to X237 Y176 and wait for reinforcements. Let Li Ru and Guo Si do what they can until more helps comes. Dont waste Lu Bu. Lu Bu cant hold off the rest of the alliance forces as is, they will breach the gates unless help comes.
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

Postby Lionheart » 26 Nov 2012, 21:05

Sun Tang wrote:Ok i saw the rules and i understand now that is is considered opened. I still think it might be the only chance the DZ forces have, based upon what i previously said, but long term success of the battle would require DZ to send more units to relieve Lu Bu. Maybe Lu Bu should just more to X237 Y176 and wait for reinforcements. Let Li Ru and Guo Si do what they can until more helps comes. Dont waste Lu Bu. Lu Bu cant hold off the rest of the alliance forces as is, they will breach the gates unless help comes.

I want to see if those three will duel Lu Bu first. I think that he can survive one more round outside the gate, and in that case, I intend to try to get him to waste some fools in duels.
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Postby Sun Tang » 26 Nov 2012, 22:17

The first thing i disagree with your tactics is Lu Bu holding his current position. If any unit gets in front of the gates, I will wager Lu Bu is a goner and will be surrounded and the alliance forces will win and Hu Lao Gate will fall and the alliance will be able to press forward onto Luo Yang with a relatively strong force still.

I think luck has been a tremendous part of the success of Lu Bu with the duels happening and i dont think that luck should be pressed so hard, that last blitz was outstanding, a future one could fail.

This is how i see things playing out in your tactics.

If Lu Bu stays in his current position, one of the many nearby alliance units will move in front of the gate. Lu Bu will in turn be targeted by every alliance unit on the map once this is accomplished, he will be surrounded and units will all do ploys against him and zerg him. His route to escape will be cut off the second that someone moves on the coordinates X239 Y176, adjacent to the gate. This is in my honest opinion his one and only chance to escape with his unit intact until reinforcements come. Even if the gate falls..they will still have to go through Lu Bu on the other side of that gate and by the time the gate falls, Li Ru and Guo Si can do some more damage, the alliance forces morale can decrease and their food can decrease too.

I dont want to sound negative or bash your tactics, but they are kind of reckless and if this battle is to be won or at least a stalemate, the mood should be cautious rather than more duels. It is exciting for sure, but Lu Bu alone against the alliance is just not gonna bode well for DZ. He cant stay on X239 Y176 this turn or i really think its over.
Sun Tang
Stalking Xiahou Mao

PreviousNext

Return to Pre-game Kingdom Management