Tactics Discussion

For the tactical-minded.

Moderators: Game Masters, Roleplay Masters, Admin Team

Re: Tactics Discussion

Postby Han1977 » 26 Nov 2012, 23:36

Even with Lu Bu wiped out, I think the alliance will have problem to break down the gate. With only 1 archer unit, Guo Si's arbalest might prove to be dangerous for whatever left from the alliance.

I think the most dangerous alliance general is Cao Cao, he has the highest int. But since most ploys can't work with the closed gates. Perhaps DZ army can focus on Cao Cao and wipe him out before the gate opened. After that Li Ru could use his high int to fool the rest of them.
Huang Dong, 39
Starting Stats: 71*-61-70-70-69
Skills: Ambush, Arson, Duelist, Loyalty, Mobility, Navy, Weaponmaster
Item: Smuggler Map (Lead +1, Ambush limit +10 unit)
Gold: 52
Han1977
What am I still doing here?

Kingdom: Chang Sha?

Postby Dong Zhou » 27 Nov 2012, 08:17

So, is the alliance going to obey Yuan Shao's orders or will we see a split and troops pressing against Lu Bu?
<stattingXe> Dong Yan 65-63-89-70-74 Statting (e)

Li Jun (160) 93*-66-70-30-60 Aid, Blitz, Charge, Leader, Scout, Vehemence

Officer Profile

PM me if I'm in an rp with you and haven't responded, just means I forgot or missed your post. Or PM if you want an RP
Dong Zhou
I'm A Diversion!
I'm A Diversion!

Kingdom: None

Postby Calistoknight » 27 Nov 2012, 13:28

Dong Zhou wrote:So, is the alliance going to obey Yuan Shao's orders or will we see a split and troops pressing against Lu Bu?

Well since the RP came at the last second, unless the staff override all the tactics there will be fighting this turn I'm assuming since no one went in to modify anything.
Pre-Game:
Xu Bao (42)
Stats: 66-87-80-40-63
Skills: Arson, Artisan, Craftsman (e), Logistics, Military Engineer, Weaponmaster
Items: None
Calistoknight
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: N/A

Postby Han1977 » 27 Nov 2012, 23:33

I'd like to see them obey Yuan Shao's order and we will see them converse among them until Guan Yu step up and speak.
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby JohannXIV » 29 Nov 2012, 13:43

Gongsun Zan and Gongsun Yue are going to follow orders. However, GSZ will attempt to shield the ram unit until pursuit is called off. We can't reach the city without the ram.
v6 Pre-Game
Starring as Gongsun Zan, Han Sui, and Gan Ning
JohannXIV
PrettyPei Master
PrettyPei Master

Postby thegrandmystic » 30 Nov 2012, 23:00

So, my Imperial brethren, I assume that we'll be staying put for now, right? Goes without saying, maybe? :o
Pre-Game:
Shang Song (43), Imperial Court Minister Clerk Attendant Person of Some Kind!
45-41-81-72-60
Acumen, Articulate, Administration, Architect, Civil Engineer, Medic, Study, Zeal

Shang Bao (21), Youthful Imperial Military Archer Nephew Man!
72-80-65-49-41
Arrowstorm, Counter, Investigator, Leader, Volley, Zeal
thegrandmystic
OOC Brigadier General

Postby Lionheart » 30 Nov 2012, 23:07

thegrandmystic wrote:So, my Imperial brethren, I assume that we'll be staying put for now, right? Goes without saying, maybe? :o

Yes.
~ Wang Jin (Male, 155-193)
~ Hua Xin (Male, 157- ???) 37-54-67-90-71 | Skills: Acumen, Administration, Civil Engineer, Farmer, Investigator, Networking, Propaganda, Rumour
~ ???? ?? (?, ???) ??-??-??-??-??
Lionheart
Green Bay Stalker
Green Bay Stalker

Kingdom: Chen Wei

Postby Han1977 » 05 Dec 2012, 00:43

I think we could set Xiahou Yuan to range attack Lu Bu unit from south (far from Guo Si's arbalest), with Cao Cao, Yan Liang and Wen Chou ready to attack Lu Bu, whenever Lu Bu try to attack Xiahou Yuan.

Wu Anguo and those who have decent number of soldier, can move in range, ready to attack Wei Xu if he leave his position -> they can attack Wei Xu without have to worry of Guo Si's arbalest.

When Lu Bu is defeated, Gongsun Yue will ram the gate. Xiahou Yuan (if he still alive) can range attack Li Ru. Cao Cao will do his trick against Guo Si.
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby Calistoknight » 05 Dec 2012, 02:35

Well I'm waiting to see what pans out of the RP between the bigwigs that isn't happening. The units were all RP'd back so I figure the staff has something planned or at least a general direction they want the alliance to go in.
Pre-Game:
Xu Bao (42)
Stats: 66-87-80-40-63
Skills: Arson, Artisan, Craftsman (e), Logistics, Military Engineer, Weaponmaster
Items: None
Calistoknight
Veteran Officer

Kingdom: N/A

Postby Han1977 » 05 Dec 2012, 05:49

Zhang Fei :P
Huang Dong, 39
Han1977

Postby The fearsome Hun » 07 Dec 2012, 16:13

Han1977 wrote:I think we could set Xiahou Yuan to range attack Lu Bu unit from south (far from Guo Si's arbalest), with Cao Cao, Yan Liang and Wen Chou ready to attack Lu Bu, whenever Lu Bu try to attack Xiahou Yuan.

Wu Anguo and those who have decent number of soldier, can move in range, ready to attack Wei Xu if he leave his position -> they can attack Wei Xu without have to worry of Guo Si's arbalest.

When Lu Bu is defeated, Gongsun Yue will ram the gate. Xiahou Yuan (if he still alive) can range attack Li Ru. Cao Cao will do his trick against Guo Si.

It should be noted that Wu Anguo's unit is in Riot - no orders can be issued to/for him until order is restored to his unit.
I believe Xiahou Dun is also in riot, so the same holds for him.

Xiahou Yuan and Xiahou Dun both have aid. So perhaps it might be a good idea for Xiahou Yuan to aid Xiahou Dun, then have Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan aid Wu Anguo (anyone else under bad status effects)

Gongsun Zan and Yan Liang also have aid..

V6: GMNPC - Wu Anguo
A crisis is an opportunity riding the dangerous wind.
The fearsome Hun
Game Master
Game Master

Location: Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!

Postby Aureal » 07 Dec 2012, 22:28

The fearsome Hun wrote:Xiahou Yuan and Xiahou Dun both have aid. So perhaps it might be a good idea for Xiahou Yuan to aid Xiahou Dun, then have Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan aid Wu Anguo (anyone else under bad status effects)

Technically, Xiahou Dun can Aid Xiahou Dun! Riot only blocks Commands... ;) The effect is low enough now though that it isn't worth it- it'll wear off this turn.
Zan Zhikun (38) 108*-85*-102*-48-70* Breeder(e); Jeer; Logistics; Military Engineer; Navy; Reversal; Rumor; Scout; Siegecraft(e); Spy; Terrain; Trap; Wall
Also playing: Kan Ze, Ma Zhong, Sima Shi, and maybe other people you don't know. :P
Aureal
President: Chen Gong Fanclub
President: Chen Gong Fanclub

Kingdom: Chen Gong

Postby webby » 14 Dec 2012, 14:39

Sorry about this, but I have to deride whom ever set the Hu Lao battle. It is full of nonsensical decisions from the start.
Who decided it would be Gongsun Yue that would carry the ram? The ram is a piece of siege equipment, but Gongsun Yue does not have the siege craft skill, Yuan Shao does. It is relatively simple to look at the facts about the charges, or duties, of the different units, and equipments assigned to them, and deduce that this set up was screwy.

This type of non-thinking is analogous to assigning a helicopter pilot to armored cavalry.

Or giving a wrench to a painter.
-Pregame V6-
Nǎo Zhàndì F/17, 71-72-82-60-65
Cunning, Reversal, Rumor, Strategics, Tactician, Vehemence, Wile

I am Qilin, and when I secure my arms and armament, I shall prepare the way!
webby
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

Postby Xeniphon » 14 Dec 2012, 15:18

GMNPCs do not work like PCs, they are far (generally) more powerful than a normal PC and as staff who generally have access to formule (to some degree) play them they are even more superior to PCs if played to full capacity. As a result the staff play GMNPCs to their personality rather than to best result. You must always remember that GMNPCs will ALWAYS stay true to their personality and only the IC aspect of things.
Oh well, back to the drawing board...

V6 Character: Now Undecided
Xeniphon
SimRTK's Own Cyborg
SimRTK's Own Cyborg

Postby webby » 14 Dec 2012, 15:37

Xeniphon wrote:GMNPCs do not work like PCs, they are far (generally) more powerful than a normal PC and as staff who generally have access to formule (to some degree) play them they are even more superior to PCs if played to full capacity. As a result the staff play GMNPCs to their personality rather than to best result. You must always remember that GMNPCs will ALWAYS stay true to their personality and only the IC aspect of things.

Hahahahahahahaaha, ok. Thanks for the tip, Xeniphon. I'll play with that in mind.
-Pregame V6-
Nǎo Zhàndì F/17, 71-72-82-60-65
Cunning, Reversal, Rumor, Strategics, Tactician, Vehemence, Wile

I am Qilin, and when I secure my arms and armament, I shall prepare the way!
webby
Ranking Officer

Kingdom: Vagabond

PreviousNext

Return to Pre-game Kingdom Management